WARNING, if considering Dr Hakan Doganay, read this first

paleocapa89

• Administrators

In my opinion, incorrect donor assessment and future hairloss assessment is minor to the real issues, which are that he does not do any extractions, and he utilizes different technicians which will yield inconsistent results and most of all, he only implants a little over half of the grafts, so essentially his practice is 75% technician ran, this absolutely unacceptable, one could argue that paleo should've researched his own hairloss and had a better plan for himself, and that's partially true, but what can not be excused in anyway shape or form, is that the surgery itself is being carried out almost entirely by technicians and different ones at that, which means even the most knowledgable patient who has a plan mapped out will not receive consistent results. The creation of the recipient sites requires anatomical knowledge of the follicles to ensure the follicles are placed at the right angle that mimics the patients natural hair, artistry is required in the creation of recipient sites, that's why the best physicians don't simply dump grafts on the head, how on earth could this be left to a technician to do?? My vote is that the clinic not be recommended anymore, which is sad cause I though this clinic were at the very top of FUE but in light of the recent discoveries my mind has completely changed.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you!

Dr Doganay and Muslum for such a comprehensive response and for providing the full

story regarding Paleo, however I think you’re wasting your time as a selective few posters with their own little agendas had already made up their mind.

Frankly I’m a bit surprised Bill has allowed himself to be intimidated by Paleo and his crew when a simple chat with the clinic would have done the trick.

Thank you for clarifying. I don't think any doctor that doesn't perform 100% of the incisions himself should be recommended on this forum. Furthermore, if Dr Doganay decides to change his practice and goes back to performing all the incisions hilself, I think he should have to produce consistent high quality results over a period of time using the revised approach to get back his recommendation.

Bill, no disrespect to you, but I think you have failed the community by not being aware of the fact that the Dr switched his approach regarding extractions and incisions. Once doctors are recommended, you may want to consider having some sort of process in place to make it mandatory for clinics to inform you everytime they change their practices, and then the onus should fall on you to evaluate whether those changes may impact the recommendation. You shouldn't have had to rely on a forum member bringing this to light. Just my opinion, but Paalo was indeed done a huge disservice. I feel bad for other patients too that may not have been aware of this.

Stig

I disagree with you that Dr. should do all procedures but I am willing that Dr. should carry out implantation by himself. We are strongly discussing amongst ourselves. beside our report to the Bill We will also inform this issue with forum's administration

I would like to draw your attantion that most of the Doctor's has their own technicians that they do both extraction and placing grafts. And they are recommended This is a team work also we can see that there are new extraction tools discovered from some clinics but still those tools should use with experience Technician or Doctor.

We should more consider about how much experience that technician has. Can you please go and check paloe's donor again

This thread has been created to not get help this thread has been created for attacking because our patient wanted to kick out doctor from this forum I am strongly believe If he went to with another clinic He wouldn't get fully satisfy As example he is still on early stage to discuss about his result but he is trying to find out a gabs to damage Doctor's reputation with giving false information even I proved that he had been informed about his future hair loss in the patient form. I wasn't acting as seller representative I spent my 2 hours with him to informed him his hair loss cycle Doctor also corrected me during consultation.

I agree with you that we should prepare one more form about medication issue.

In the end we admitted some our bad result had been appeared from 2013-2014 undisputed We did refund for all of them at least make them a little happy.

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

Stig

I disagree with you that Dr. should do all procedures but I am willing that Dr. should carry out implantation by himself. We are strongly discussing amongst ourselves. beside our report to the Bill We will also inform this issue with forum's administration

I would like to draw your attantion that most of the Doctor's has their own technicians that they do both extraction and placing grafts. And they are recommended This is a team work also we can see that there are new extraction tools discovered from some clinics but still those tools should use with experience Technician or Doctor.

Mate, go back and read what I wrote again. I never once suggested that the Dr should perform all procedures himself. I specifically said that he should be making all the incisions into the recepient area himself. I don't take exception to the technicians performing the graft placements into those incisions made by the doctor. You claimed that using the implementor tool, the Doctor was only performing around 2/3rds of the incisions, therefore my opinion is that Dr Doganay should not be recommended by this community.

Stig

My reply got flagged as needing approval from the moderator. I never stated that Dr. should do all procedures, I stated that he should be performing all the incisions into the donor area himself. I do not take exception to technicions performing graft placements.

I have seen Dr Hakans work at first hand and many patients face to face and have to say some of the work was amazing so i have to say i'm surprised by some of the concerns being raised. And i really hope it works out for the patient.

When i travelled to Turkey, Dr Hakan's hospitality and passion he showed for his work really did amaze me. I remember at the time i wasn't 100% certain in regards to going ahead and having a procedure, this was no problem with him and told me i should only go ahead when i am 100% certain. During my holiday he invited me to meet patients and discuss all aspects of his work, most of which i documented on this very forum.

This of course was over a year ago however some of the work we have seen from Hakan can be great, and many results to back this up, i hope this gets resolved for all parties concerned.

This conversation is going nowhere fast. It's become a "he said, she said" back and forth with no hard resolution in sight. The doctor bears the absolute responsibility of educating the client, particularly on the more subjective areas that are gaining traction in the above posts. The patient also bears the responsibility of due diligence and entering into the procedure with all full understanding of what he's doing. It's his hair, his money, his health.

Good? OK. The conversation should then be centered around one fact only---RESULTS. Has the doctor's results suffered as a consequence of ALL that's been mentioned above. If the answer is even "maybe" his status on this forum should be reconsidered for the long term. I take issue with incentivizing a doctor to revert back to a previously held standard. Additionally, plenty of doctors task well qualified technicians with aspects of the surgery. If knockout results occur, it's a moot point. RESULTS are all that matter.

Have a sufficient number of patients had lackluster results? Yes / No. Decide. There's evidence or there's not.

• Administrators
Stig

We should more consider about how much experience that technician has. Can you please go and check paloe's donor again

This thread has been created to not get help this thread has been created for attacking because our patient wanted to kick out doctor from this forum I am strongly believe If he went to with another clinic He wouldn't get fully satisfy As example he is still on early stage to discuss about his result but he is trying to find out a gabs to damage Doctor's reputation with giving false information even I proved that he had been informed about his future hair loss in the patient form. I wasn't acting as seller representative I spent my 2 hours with him to informed him his hair loss cycle Doctor also corrected me during consultation.

I agree with you that we should prepare one more form about medication issue.

In the end we admitted some our bad result had been appeared from 2013-2014 undisputed We did refund for all of them at least make them a little happy.

Technicians doing 100% of the extractions is not good, especially when there are different technicians doing extractions, swooping said he had two males do his extractions, paleo had two females, and although paleos results are premature at 5 months there should be clear growth which there's not, this inconsistency is large in part due to the fact that different technicians are performing extractions and implanting the hair, in Dr. Doganays YouTube video he clearly states that he does 100% of the implantation with the choi implanter now it turns out he's only doing some of it, due to this fact I feel that the clinic should no longer be recommended, when operating a clinic that is mainly technician based results will vary greatly and consistent results are not expected, because of the fact that different technicians are doing procedures much like commercial chain clinics.

Although, you say the technicians have been professionally trained, skill set will vary from technician to technician, that's why I feel it is imperative that the surgeon play a large role in the procedure, i don't see a problem with a senior tech assisting in the extraction process and separation of the grafts, but creation of the recipient sites must be 100% done by the physician, if the clinic goes back to performing surgeries that got them the awesome results that made them famous, then after a few years of consistency it would be okay to review for recommendation, but at this point the clinic should not be recommended. I think I speak for everyone when I say money is not the issue, finite grafts are priceless and once they've been wasted there's no getting them back unlike money.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Cerrone,

That's a joke right? Intimidated? I'm not intimidated by anyone. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of things and protect the overall patient community. I have simply asked the clinic to respond to the communities concerns and that's exactly what they are doing. I will thoroughly read their response and then go from there in the next day or so. But my motives are to ensure that our recommendations remain credible and that there are no quality control issues preventing this clinic from providing patients with the very best results. I don't see why you were anyone would have a problem with that?

That said, you are a member with 8 post under your belt. Calling me out when you don't seem to have any real idea of how this community works being barely contribute is highly suspect. If you are indeed genuine, I trust that you will see on my motives are simply to protect this community and patients.

Bill

Stig,

Who said that I was not aware that the clinics which I'm having the doctor doing all the instructions to the technicians doing it? I never said that I wasn't aware, in fact I was. When he was approved for recommendation, I was told that the doctor does all the extractions. Then, not too long afterwards, I was informed that the technicians now I'll do it. As a result, I made a change to the physician profile to reflect this new information. In of itself, there is nothing wrong with technicians doing the extractions as long as the physician is closely supervising. People can debate this point all they want however, as long as the results aren't suffering, then I don't see why this is a problem. That said, it's obvious that it's clinic has produced a number of concerns patients over the last year which is why we are having a discussion as to whether or not Dr. Doganay should continue to be recommended. If there is a quality control issue, and it's found and fixed, perhaps we ought to consider giving him a second chance. Or, if there are good explanation for this and the vast majority of patients are experiencing excellent results, and I also think he should remain recommended.

That said, ultimately I am looking for the community to provide their opinion which will also assist in making a final decision. But I wanted to clinic to provide an explanation before making a final decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

It is very important to chose the right surgeon and technique for each client. Since the donor hair is limited and precious to just blindly chose a clinic or harvesting technique is wrong. Unfortunately many patients are willing to travel to unregulated countries to have their procedure done due to the cost. It is understandable that when a clinic is recommended by sites such as this one, they will get certain credibility. That is why it is important for the moderator to take note and do the proper investigations and action when the recommended doctor does not do what is being claimed to be done. When the site does not take the proper action, the credibility of the site and the credibility of other recommended doctors is also compromised. It is a trust issue and When the credibity is compromised, trust is gone. My recommendation is to do your own research on each and every clinics. When questions arise continuously by former patients, it needs to be noted and considered. Do not just chose a clinic overseas blindly just for the cost. With proper research, You can find something in the state that can meet your expectation and your finances. Here is a blog post about clinics overseas that bear no responsibility towards their clients. Meshkin Medical blogs: Is hair transplant safe in unregulated countries?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Meshkin who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Stig,

Who said that I was not aware that the clinics which I'm having the doctor doing all the instructions to the technicians doing it? I never said that I wasn't aware, in fact I was. When he was approved for recommendation, I was told that the doctor does all the extractions. Then, not too long afterwards, I was informed that the technicians now I'll do it. As a result, I made a change to the physician profile to reflect this new information. In of itself, there is nothing wrong with technicians doing the extractions as long as the physician is closely supervising. People can debate this point all they want however, as long as the results aren't suffering, then I don't see why this is a problem. That said, it's obvious that it's clinic has produced a number of concerns patients over the last year which is why we are having a discussion as to whether or not Dr. Doganay should continue to be recommended. If there is a quality control issue, and it's found and fixed, perhaps we ought to consider giving him a second chance. Or, if there are good explanation for this and the vast majority of patients are experiencing excellent results, and I also think he should remain recommended.

That said, ultimately I am looking for the community to provide their opinion which will also assist in making a final decision. But I wanted to clinic to provide an explanation before making a final decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

Fair point Bill, however, isn't it a concen that the physician is not performing all of the incisions to the recipient area himself? I thought this was the most difficult and specialized part of the whole procedure? So you would allow this practice for your recommended surgeons as long as they produce consistently good results?

It is very important to chose the right surgeon and technique for each client. Since the donor hair is limited and precious to just blindly chose a clinic or harvesting technique is wrong. Unfortunately many patients are willing to travel to unregulated countries to have their procedure done due to the cost. It is understandable that when a clinic is recommended by sites such as this one, they will get certain credibility. That is why it is important for the moderator to take note and do the proper investigations and action when the recommended doctor does not do what is being claimed to be done. When the site does not take the proper action, the credibility of the site and the credibility of other recommended doctors is also compromised. It is a trust issue and When the credibity is compromised, trust is gone. My recommendation is to do your own research on each and every clinics. When questions arise continuously by former patients, it needs to be noted and considered. Do not just chose a clinic overseas blindly just for the cost. With proper research, You can find something in the state that can meet your expectation and your finances. Here is a blog post about clinics overseas that bear no responsibility towards their clients. Meshkin Medical blogs: Is hair transplant safe in unregulated countries?

I do agree some clinics in some countries where there are lack of regulations may be risky. However, this is two fold. There are docs that are marketed where they may leave the room to work on another patient for another procedure when a tech takes over the scalp and extracts due donor. Some even do this in North America and charge an inflated premium. Then there are also docs in some of these unregulated countries who do the entire procedure themselves at a very low rate (including recipient zones and donor extractions). Those docs are challenging the practices at clinics charging premium rates who pass it off to techs to do extractions etc. in North America or other western nations.

Most patients are now asking important questions when picking a doc, who is doing my procedure? What is the clinic's surgical protocol? Does technician work constitute paying higher prices? Doctors are marketed across forums, not techs so when you go to a clinic are you going for the doc expecting the marketed name working on you or some tech doing surgical work? Hairloss is a serious issue, it is time docs have careful surgical protocols for their patients and understand that risks to patient safety should be completely avoided.

You dont want to end up with low yields, permanent shockloss, damaged donors, uneven work and etc. you don't want to be that person.

I just hope doctors really do their job to help a person and not try to speed up, work wreckless, in exchange for higher profits. Patient safety and concerns should be number one priority. Break a procedure up if you have to, in irder to be mindful of prolonged exposure/graft death.

Again, wrecklessness exists in some that are marketed and those that are not. This goes for both countries with high regulation and thise that lack it.

• Administrators
I do agree some clinics in some countries where there are lack of regulations may be risky. However, this is two fold. There are docs that are marketed where they may leave the room to work on another patient for another procedure when a tech takes over the scalp and extracts due donor. Some even do this in North America and charge an inflated premium. Then there are also docs in some of these unregulated countries who do the entire procedure themselves at a very low rate (including recipient zones and donor extractions). Those docs are challenging the practices at clinics charging premium rates who pass it off to techs to do extractions etc. in North America or other western nations.

Most patients are now asking important questions when picking a doc, who is doing my procedure? What is the clinic's surgical protocol? Does technician work constitute paying higher prices? Doctors are marketed across forums, not techs so when you go to a clinic are you going for the doc expecting the marketed name working on you or some tech doing surgical work? Hairloss is a serious issue, it is time docs have careful surgical protocols for their patients and understand that risks to patient safety should be completely avoided.

You dont want to end up with low yields, permanent shockloss, damaged donors, uneven work and etc. you don't want to be that person.

I just hope doctors really do their job to help a person and not try to speed up, work wreckless, in exchange for higher profits. Patient safety and concerns should be number one priority. Break a procedure up if you have to, in irder to be mindful of prolonged exposure/graft death.

Again, wrecklessness exists in some that are marketed and those that are not. This goes for both countries with high regulation and thise that lack it.

I agree 100% this doesn't just occur in foreign countries, it occurs in North America however at twice the price.

View my thread

Stig,

Best wishes,

Bill

I apologize for jumping to that conclusion and making an assumption that you didn't know, however, do you believe it's okay for the technitions to be performing some of the recepient area incisions?

I understand that for the community and for prospective patients the most important fact is that different technicians are doing all the extraction and a major part of the incisions as well. And this leads quality issues.

However, for me the fact that I was not assessed and informed is just as important. After all, I could have avoided this whole situation if I were assessed properly. I understand people are getting tired of this aspect of the dispute, however it was questioned whether I tell the truth and I have to defend myself. Now Muslum and the clinic try to depict me as someone who was informed and warned not to have a HT but I insisted, and they had a bad feeling about this from the start, Let me quote his email response when I asked them on what bases did they consider me an eligible patient:

We are so sorry if there is any misunderstanding. There are people who want to have a hair transplantation, and we do not accept them even if some of them insist since they are not good candidates for a HT. And some of these people thanks to us for our honesty.

For your case, you are eligible for a HT and this is the reason why we did this operation. Otherwise, we would kindly let you know that you were not eligible for a HT.

To sum up, this is what I got for my money:

- got "assessed" by a sales rep and by assessed I mean we looked at pictures of my dad and brother

- 100% of extraction done by nurses

- 35% of implantation done by nurses

- 65% of implantation done by Dr Doganay

One could argue that only the result counts, but I am still lacking on that department as well...

Edited by paleocapa89

I understand that for the community and for prospective patients the most important fact is that different technicians are doing all the extraction and a major part of the incisions as well. And this leads quality issues.

However, for me the fact that I was not assessed and informed is just as important. After all, I could have avoided this whole situation if I were assessed properly. I understand people are getting tired of this aspect of the dispute, however it was questioned whether I tell the truth and I have to defend myself. Now Muslum and the clinic try to depict me as someone who was informed and warned not to have a HT but I insisted, and they had a bad feeling about this from the start, Let me quote his email response when I asked them on what bases did they consider me an eligible patient:

- got "assessed" by a sales rep and by assessed I mean we looked at pictures of my dad and brother

One could argue that only the result counts, but I am still lacking on that department as well...

Paleo,

You came in here blaming the doctor for not telling you that you did not need an HT since your family history and on how you had not done enough research. But you failed to mention that you already had gone in two different clinics for consultation and a third one with Dr Hakan. If you were unhappy with the prior visit since supposedly the representative was the only one to talk to you, why did you go back to Dr Hakan ?? Answer that. Not to mention, that from what I have been reading on these 27 pages so far, it seems to me that you are not the kind of person that does not do any research. In fact with your time in hands and the mind set you seem to have, you are quiet the opposite. So stop with that bullshit blaming others for your own decision.

You also said that the doctor would not operate on you and he demanded the money first. That is also bullshit since them people NEVER ASKED ME ONCE FOR THE MONEY !! All I had to show was a copy of my purchased ticket. Which I emailed to them and that's how my date was booked.

Now you are saying that you are lacking results ?? Since you are very good at searching, why don't you search on how long it does take to achieve full results ?? Or ask in here ??How do you know that in only 5 months time you do not have the desired results ??

Like I said before you need to take some time off instead of sitting in front of the computer and obsessing.

At the end of the day, I do blame the doctor for taking your case. If he didn't, you would have been another doctor's headache right now !!

Bill,

If you need my info please PM me and I am more than happy to provide it to you.

Paleo

Thanks for correction that Dr. Hakan DOGANAY did most of the implantation especially on your Hair line part.

The money you paid for to get good result in the end please keep and post your pictures monthly

I don't agree that I am sales Rep.

Since I stared to work with Dr. Hakan I have been developing the service quality ( Communication, Patient expectation, Help required, Recommendation and After Care etc.) between Doctor and patient hopefully I have been already encourage some our patients to post their result and pure experience by themselves. If I had any doubts about the work done in the clinic I would never address them to come here I didn't tell them to put my name I just told them share their experience what service they got. So far they have been doing good

Please check the links below you can follow process as well also you can asked them to update their process

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177863-16th-december-2014-dr-hakan-doganay-2500-grafts-fue.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178033-hair-transplant-dr-hakan-dogonay-ahd-1770-graphs-jan-2015-a.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178374-hakan-doganay-2835-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178835-2700-dr-hakan-doganay-17th-18th-march.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179224-4700-fue-dr-hakan-doganay.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179507-dr-hakan-doganay-fue-2230-grafts.html

I wish I can give more members to the this forum I believe this benefits is not only come to us also It is good for community to give better decision and their expectation should met with clinics.

Thanks

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

Turner, it is exhausting to counter every false statements you wrote about me. Please read my previous answers. I don't know what is your agenda with attacking me, go on to your own thread and be happy with your results.

But you failed to mention that you already had gone in two different clinics for consultation and a third one with Dr Hakan.

No I didn't go to two different clinics for consultation. I went to a local not recommended no-name clinic to talk to a doctor to be my post-op doctor since I do not live in Turkey.

If you were unhappy with the prior visit since supposedly the representative was the only one to talk to you, why did you go back to Dr Hakan ?? Answer that.

Since I was uneducated, at that time I thought everything went well. I seemed to be eligible for a hair transplant. I didn't know at that time how important is to check the miniaturization pattern and the donor capacity in order to make an informed decision and place the hairline and build up a plan utilizing that crucial information.

Not to mention, that from what I have been reading on these 27 pages so far, it seems to me that you are not the kind of person that does not do any research. In fact with your time in hands and the mind set you seem to have, you are quiet the opposite.

Believe it or not, I had other things to do and to research before my hair transplant. I was indeed uneducated I was amazed by the promise of the "quick fix FUE" and I trusted a doctor blindly because I was raised to trust doctors. Now I am well researched and I know more about hair transplants and the industry that I wished to know.

You also said that the doctor would not operate on you and he demanded the money first. That is also bullshit since them people NEVER ASKED ME ONCE FOR THE MONEY !!

Maybe they didn't ask you for the money, maybe they trusted you more for some reason?? But they did ask me to transfer the money in time so it arrives 10 days before the procedure.

Now you are saying that you are lacking results ?

Yes I have very minimal result compared to what people usually have by the 5th month but I will document it till 12 month whatever happens. Chill.

cenkoa01

Thanks for correction that Dr. Hakan DOGANAY did most of the implantation especially on your Hair line part.

I didn't correct anything. It was you who stated that Dr Doganay only did 65% of the implantation, and I still state that my left temple was done entirely by the tech and I consider the left temple a crucial part of the hairline.

cenkoa01

I didn't correct anything. It was you who stated that Dr Doganay only did 65% of the implantation, and I still state that my left temple was done entirely by the tech and I consider the left temple a crucial part of the hairline.

Paleo

Please stop lying you shouldn't have been missed that Dr. Hakan doganay is left-handed Doctor hakan always sit to the left side while performing İmplantation with his assistance. and I mentioned that Dr Hakan did 65 percent implantation.. He had been started to the implantation by himself and he was sitting on your left side

cenkoa01

please stop lying. You know very well that my procedure was done in two separate days. First the right side of my head and the second day the left side of my head. Are you saying that since Dr Doganay is left handed he can only do the left side of my head? That is ridiculous. Not to mention that it is easy to switch the right and the left side. Sometimes I had to lay on my stomach and sometimes on my back. The sides switch when I switch. I probably received many grafts on both sides from the tech and from Doganay as well. But I especially remember when the tech was doing my left temple because I found it very disturbing that Dr Doganay left the room but the procedure continued.

cenkoa01

Paleo

Please stop lying you shouldn't have been missed that Dr. Hakan doganay is left-handed Doctor hakan always sit to the left side while performing İmplantation with his assistance. and I mentioned that Dr Hakan did 65 percent implantation.. He had been started to the implantation by himself and he was sitting on your left side

This is barely coherent, and I don't see how it's relevant. I also find it highly offensive for a clinic representative to call a patient a liar on a public forum. I can only speak for myself, but I've pretty much had it with this clinic.

Paleo

This is barely coherent, and I don't see how it's relevant. I also find it highly offensive for a clinic representative to call a patient a liar on a public forum. I can only speak for myself, but I've pretty much had it with this clinic.

I respect your thought but please check his responds under my first post.

I don't feel any pressure on me every body can share thier opinion of course I have to give back since he has been attacked our clinic and to the doctor with false information.