My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

if you have very high contrast skin to hair colour ratio SMP can help the scalp not reveal so much, its like permanent dermmatch basically.

The bad cases are from people who simply have too little density for real coverage, and SMP won't ever be able to fix that.

But if you have a full head of terminal hairs with transplant density (<40fu/cm2), under very harsh lighting or wet hair it can make you look way balder than you look in normal conditions. Enter the SMP, this problem is solved.

The human brain can't really differentiate between a full head of hair and a full head of hair with less density, the main difference is always the scalp reveal.

TLDR: I think SMP for recipient is excellent choice for people who had high norwood transplants.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mustang said:

2nd session done. One more to go for some spots that need more dots and we are done hopefully for 3 years.

image_6487327 (3).JPG

image_6487327 (2).JPG

IMG-2492.PNG

Sorry if this has been answered before but how many grafts came out of this donor ?

4 hours ago, mustang said:

2nd session done. One more to go for some spots that need more dots and we are done hopefully for 3 years.

image_6487327 (3).JPG

image_6487327 (2).JPG

IMG-2492.PNG

how does the coverage look if you grew out your donor hair?

• Administrators

What a journey you're a legend @mustang

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/18/2022 at 9:54 PM, mustang said:

Hey Guys,

So I have a little update on my donor repair journey. I had another SMP session yesterday, this time we went a little deeper (though very light density) to se if it can last longer. 1st session of 3. I had it done in Argentina for just 200 USD (local currency is very weak against the dollar). There is an immediate difference IMHO.

Next session in one week. 

There is still a little area bothering (marked in blue) me so I am going to fill it in with 200 Nape-Lowe Neck grafts (marked in red)

The remaining 100 grafts I will use on my right temple that needs a little touch up.

Before SMP

IMG-2137.thumb.jpg.6cb88cb79ea83d5702a8397c11371b73.jpg

After

IMG-2138.thumb.jpg.73b9804b5e76dc576aee58a05bab0b2f.jpg

Do you know of any top surgeons in Argentina mate? 

Hey Mustang... 

So you had smp done too deep,  and then done where it wasn't deep enough. 

If this time you found the sweet spot...   What is it?   

I'm looking to get smp too,  and knowing how deep you went this time could really help me and others.    

2 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Do you know of any top surgeons in Argentina mate? 

Oh Yes.

Dra Iniguez is setting up her clinic there (I think she is starting surgeries end of this year in Buenos Aires). I met her around 15 years ago. She went on to study medicine and moved to Madrid where she performed surgeries with Dr Lorenzo (actually doing the surgeries herself like Dr Bruno Ferreira and Dra Vila) for many years. She is on the same level as both as a surgeon.

Dr Ferreira opened his own clinic in Portugal and is booked two years in advance and Dra Vila did the same in Madrid and has had the same success, they all share the same protocol and all three worked under Lorenzo Madrid. Since she is Argentinian (I know her a little) she decided to do the same in Buenos Aires.

I think her price will be 2 USD per graft for all of 2023 and 3 USD from 2024 onwards.

She should have a website up in a few months (www.clinicainiguez.com). 

That's your best shot in Argentina if you want a world class surgeon.

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Hey Mustang... 

So you had smp done too deep,  and then done where it wasn't deep enough. 

If this time you found the sweet spot...   What is it?   

I'm looking to get smp too,  and knowing how deep you went this time could really help me and others.    

I will ask the technician how deep she went this time and let you know

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mustang said:

No idea, never done it but I assume that better than shaved or short 

Considering you had a lot of BHT in your donor with beard, arm, chest, leg, I'd assume it look better shaved or short. The fact the leg / arm / chest hair is much shorter than beard / scalp hair, that would probably make it look patchy, although much better than patchy because of just scars.

Kept short or shaved, wherever the hair comes from, there is (almost) no distinction.

1 hour ago, Rasputin said:

Considering you had a lot of BHT in your donor with beard, arm, chest, leg, I'd assume it look better shaved or short. The fact the leg / arm / chest hair is much shorter than beard / scalp hair, that would probably make it look patchy, although much better than patchy because of just scars.

Kept short or shaved, wherever the hair comes from, there is (almost) no distinction.

I highly doubt 2.000 BHT grafts would be noticeable when growing your hair with over 20.000 hairs , it's less than 10%.

I'll try it out next year and see how it goes 

This is amazing. So you had some beard hairs transplanted next to your ear and it looked totally natural.

Would you mind sharing where you had beard hairs transplanted to your scalp over the ears?

Have they just blended right in? No problem?

I really want to have some BHT done when I get my first HT. I want to see if I can use them in key places to stretch out my donors in the "typical" scalp region.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 1:16 AM, mustang said:

Arm pit works great. Pubic hair I have not tried but Mwamba has used it several times and it's quite thick as well. I just would find it odd having them in my face but some people use it for the donor and the grow out as tick as beard grafts.

According to Mwamba all grafts, regardless from where they are taken have the same survival rate with his current ATP storage protocol. As long as it has been extracted with no transection 

This man is so skillful that he told me Feriduni (they are friends) sends him all the difficult cases and he seems to enjoy the challenge. 

How many armpit hairs have you used? 

I don't remember the exact number to be honest but no more than 100-150 from each side

Here is an updated pic of my donor, I have let it grow for about 10 days. The SMP is not really noticeable but it does provide a slight improvement, a little shade perhaps from the pigments. 

image_123986672 (43).JPG

Looks great.    I think it looks much better like this then the shaved look.    But to each their own   

I didn't know you used armpit hair...    I didn't even know anyone uses armpit hair. 

Interesting.     How's the aftercare as far as healing of armpit hair? 

18 minutes ago, mustang said:

I don't remember the exact number to be honest but no more than 100-150 from each side

Here is an updated pic of my donor, I have let it grow for about 10 days. The SMP is not really noticeable but it does provide a slight improvement, a little shade perhaps from the pigments. 

image_123986672 (43).JPG

Your back looks perfect now. You can enjoy short haircuts! congrats to you 

13 hours ago, Etownone said:

Looks great.    I think it looks much better like this then the shaved look.    But to each their own   

I didn't know you used armpit hair...    I didn't even know anyone uses armpit hair. 

Interesting.     How's the aftercare as far as healing of armpit hair? 

After care of the armpit sucks!!

It's red and sore for like 2-3 weeks, very sensitive area plus putting deodorant on is no fun at all

Out of all places the most uncomfortable one but nothing you can't handle, it's not painful but just very irritated 

• Haha 1