My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

On 9/11/2023 at 4:29 PM, mustang said:

I still haven’t shed and found this old pic of my donor.

Before an after BHT restocking and SMP

Before repair  (10.000 grafts extracted)

23BA4FEF-B85B-4BB5-9A5D-CC1D44C586B6.thumb.png.38f6ad2c27e6dab67a8ca0c42f6a6564.png

After (3.000 BHT into donor and one SMP session)

853483C8-5FBD-4DDD-B30C-C18AF868FCE2.thumb.png.d6df7a4fdc05bf92257a0e8a3ddb6a96.png

are the pimples/ingrown hairs in the nape area (second pic) caused by the surgery? 

So it’s been 6 weeks for the right side and 2 weeks for the left.

I got a buzz cut at day 14 (guard 0 and 0.5)

Ill update monthly now after getting a buzz cut to see if the gaps start filling out and at what stage. 

Only 2 nasty pimples (ingrown hairs) left 

D9E1E319-F684-47B3-A4A0-19B209D8DCA5.jpeg

17 hours ago, mustang said:

So it’s been 6 weeks for the right side and 2 weeks for the left.

I got a buzz cut at day 14 (guard 0 and 0.5)

Ill update monthly now after getting a buzz cut to see if the gaps start filling out and at what stage. 

Only 2 nasty pimples (ingrown hairs) left 

D9E1E319-F684-47B3-A4A0-19B209D8DCA5.jpeg

would you recommend using nape/back neck hair as donor? this is the first case of nape donor i come across

@mustang does thigh hair works for this fue scar repair in your experience ?

I have plenty, and in my case I noticed that they look "stronger" than my leg hair (the ones on the calves).

I also don't remember what is your experience with the recipient "dominance".

Dr Wds (Sydney) and Dr Epstein seemed quite clear that body hair grow much longer that how they should at their original location.

Edited by Rasputin

On 10/5/2023 at 6:49 AM, Rasputin said:

@mustang does thigh hair works for this fue scar repair in your experience ?

I have plenty, and in my case I noticed that they look "stronger" than my leg hair (the ones on the calves).

I also don't remember what is your experience with the recipient "dominance".

Dr Wds (Sydney) and Dr Epstein seemed quite clear that body hair grow much longer that how they should at their original location.

In my experience from best to worse coverage

Beard

Chest

Legs

Armpit

This said, my armpit is very fine, thus if your upper thick is quite thick they will provide a better coverage for sure

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, mustang said:

Beard

Chest

Legs

Armpit

This said, my armpit is very fine, thus if your upper thick is quite thick they will provide a better coverage for sure

I don't have much leg hair, but my arm hair is pretty good, so I'm hoping to take some arm hair grafts and see what happens.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 months 

Pimples (ingrown hairs) have been a little nightmare to deal with. Not painful but they look horrible at times.

Donor area is looking thin. Everything shed and perhaps some shock loss

I’ll update again in a month , hopefully it will look better by then

9A714F68-AB59-4C4C-9518-E4B0199360AB.png

Edited by mustang

23 hours ago, Etownone said:

I remember dealing with the ingrowh hairs in my neck area after my procedure with Dr Mwamaba.   It sucked....  Went to a couple of dermatologist and it took about 3 months to fully go away.  

Did you take antibiotics or how did you manage?

I have opened them up with some numbing twice which helped but still not fully gone

1 hour ago, mustang said:

Did you take antibiotics or how did you manage?

I have opened them up with some numbing twice which helped but still not fully gone

I got antibiotics and creams from 2 different dermatologists and honestly I don't think anything helped much.  but it did go away after some months went by... Like 3 or 4.      

I do remember being told specifically not to pop them cause it would get worse.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

When you shave down, it looks great.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

3 month update 

1) No growth yet or very little. I normally see it at 3 1/2 months so next month should show a difference.

2) Folliculitis has been a small nightmare to deal with. Comes and goes. Starting antibiotics today for a week.

5937AE52-4159-40EF-A8C7-D5345C01CE04.jpeg

2 hours ago, jjalay said:

If you dont mind telling where did the overharvesting initially happened?

It was done on purpose, it's called homogenous depletion and was done over the course of several surgeries through out the years.

Nobody overharvested a particular area, the lower portion of my donor has finer hair and single grafts so it's a bit more noticeable

1 minute ago, mustang said:

It was done on purpose, it's called homogenous depletion and was done over the course of several surgeries through out the years.

Nobody overharvested a particular area, the lower portion of my donor has finer hair and single grafts so it's a bit more noticeable

How did you came up with this idea of homogenously depleting the donor area? Were you a higher NW before any ht? I though you have mentioned somewhere that your last fue was with 2000 grafts and after that your donor was overharvested. Correct me if i am wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 12:34 AM, mustang said:

Beard

Chest

Legs

Armpit

Do you reckon yield is similar from all those areas, , assuming the surgeon is very skilled at extractions?

Been interesting following your case, i wonder if a dr can extract the entire armpit area to add 1000 grafts to donor?