My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

15 hours ago, mustang said:

After care of the armpit sucks!!

It's red and sore for like 2-3 weeks, very sensitive area plus putting deodorant on is no fun at all

Out of all places the most uncomfortable one but nothing you can't handle, it's not painful but just very irritated 

The armpit fue aftercare sound exactly what I thought I'd be like.  Lol.  

But great to know.    👍👍👍👍

• 3 weeks later...

@mustangYour donor area looks awesome for having so much taken from it. I like the use of SMP. Most importantly, donor area looks uniform, even if thin. The thinness is not a big deal. Being uniform is most important. Would you mind weighing in on my situation, maybe just giving your opinion on what you think I could consider in the future with my donor area?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

I am going in for a last 600 BHT into donor touch up (this time legs and armpit)

While the donor looked great, specially with SMP and Fit Farming combined) I did have two more surgeries since then where a total of 2.500 grafts were extracted from the recipient area.

This left the donor still looking homogenous and it doesn't trouble me one bit but since I want a final 1.000 graft procedure to fill the last spots on zone 3 and reach my goal of 12.500 grafts transplanted into the recipient area I will go for a last one. The idea filling these spots is that I can take out the remaining doubles and triples from the recipient without making it much more obvious than it is now.

Here is the state of my donor today after 11.500 FUE exactions and 2.400 BHT Fit Farming and some faded SMP.

image_50426625.thumb.JPG.9058fcf4c66a779890af823e0392355c.JPG

IMG-6524.thumb.jpg.77df2396c0aeb79048fb5cc0409fb06a.jpg

(the shorter guard looks best).

Hopefully adding more BHT into the donor will allow this (fingers crossed) as it will surround the last double and triple grafts with hair so maxi it feasible toe extract them. As you can see there are some gaps and darker spots as well.

Surgeries are 21th, 23rd and 30th of June.

Step one on any donor refill is take to ironically take more grafts out to make it even and a PRP session into the donor area. We will take 200-250 grafts in to the crown.

We will take from the darker areas to match better.

image_123986672(43).thumb.JPG.2be44a898488946a3621b69ba443229d.JPG

Grafts (all doubles) will be used on small patch on crown

IMG-6526.thumb.jpg.8b16dcfd3aa667a722c4a9a7c72317df.jpg

Then 300 BHT on each day (23rd and 30th to the donor area

Edited by mustang
  • Like 2

"The famous Mustang...." 

Those were Dr Mwamba words when I last saw him for my surgery. 

Good luck man.   I think your donor looks amazing now.   Wish I could cut it that short 

How have your temples come along from the last surgery? 

And what meds are you on for maintenance these days? 

• Moderators

I'm really curious how well the leg and arm pit hair grows.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Me too, I am not expecting any miracles but with PRP both on the storage and recipient it could get into the 70% hopefully which I would be satisfied with.

Funny thing is my BHT grafts grow much faster then my scalp grafts on my recipient (those were from the beard) they are twice as long.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, mustang said:

Funny thing is my BHT grafts grow much faster then my scalp grafts on my recipient (those were from the beard) they are twice as long.

Yes. I have stated the same thing about my own body hair grafts. Once they were transplanted to my head, they grow faster and longer than my natural scalp hair.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Are you back on topical dut?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, FITA said:

How much would you recommend SMP @mustang? How long ago did you have it done? I believe it needs touching up every 4 years or so, is that right?

It's been tricky for me. 

Frist time I did they went to deep and ended up with a blue patch that required lasering. Luckily I only did a patch test.

Second time I went to light and it faded after a month.

Third time I went deeper again with another practitioner and again it turned blue. 

I will now give it a final attempt (light) with people in Barcelona with great results.

I will say that even if it faded on the donor it still gives like a shadow effect and donor looks better than before. Scaring is less obvious.

35 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Are you back on topical dut?

Not yet.

I am going to try a few things first.

1) Trichoxidil 2.5% with Saw Palmetto 20% for 3 to 4 months

2) Saw Palmetto Mesotherapy for 3 to 4 months (on top of the Topical Saw Palmetto daily)

3) Lipofin 0.01% if the above does not work (2ml every other day) for 4 months

4) Dutasteride Mesotherapy plus Lipofin, 4 months as well

5) Topical Dutasteride 0.05% once a week plus daily Saw Palmetto or Lipofin.

I want to evaluate each treatment for 4 months with bloodwork and pictures, see what works and what doesn't. I am in a position where I only need to maintain 20% of native hair and 80% of transplanted thus maybe I can get away with a natural approach.

Here is the plan by the way.

In black the zones where we will implant BHT. Marked with a red X the zones where we will extract doubles and triples for the crown.

The left temple also will have 60 grafts extracted and added to the same area in the front.

The entire goal here is fine adjustments to that everything looks as homogenous as possible.

IMG-6586.thumb.PNG.95710c8510eb22d45128bbc8e68cb431.PNGIMG-6585.thumb.PNG.acbe226fe93070a09e9bc9aaa8ba6770.PNG

IMG-6529(1).thumb.jpg.5c550801e747f973868316ca5be5aff2.jpg

On 6/8/2023 at 8:59 AM, pako said:

hey @mustang good luck with operation i had a question about the transplant. Did all the grafts( chest, beard, arm, legs ) grow? 

There is no way to tell. All you can tell if it's look better than before or not and it did so something obviously grew. BHT to scars is experimental and I don't think it can be guaranteed that all grafts will grow.

I did do a 50 grafts patch test from the beard and all grew (I believe the pics are on this thread) before doing hundreds. I also did some in the beard and they all grew but both were from the beard which grows very well. I have no idea about chest and armpit but I am willing to accept the risk, is not like I have other options.

Once cool thing is that this Mwamba will be working on a limited area which has clear depletion thus it will be very obvious after 4-5 months if it was successful. 

Pics attached

image_123986672 (49).JPG

image_123986672 (48).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I am having surgery with him next Wednesday for the 6th time (1 FUE surgery, 3 BHT into donor repair, 1 BHT into beard repair and now another (and last one) BHT into donor and beard)

Going back to Brussels 6 times sums my experience with him and his team. Wonderful results, skilled surgeon and probably the nicest guy I've ever met.

Part of me is actually sad that it's our last surgery and the journey is over, after so many hair transplants I enjoy every bit of it, even the local anesthetic (can't feel much anymore as I have scar tissue everywhere).