My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

Fascinating to see the repair in your donor area. I do think you benefit though from being a great “scarrer” as well, meaning I don’t see much hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation. You’ve been gracious in sharing your journey with the donor area but I would really love to see you post a thread detailing your transplants with the results in your recipient area after each procedure as well if you ever get around to it.

21 hours ago, mustang said:

In September I will have my final surgery and I will post my entire journey after that

It will be a culmination of the work done

I am trying to get all the pictures and information!!

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried a skin fade? Cause this way your donor wouldn’t matter since it would be completely shaved, I’m saying that because I noticed that you keep your hair very short on the side.

I do get skin fade every week on the lower part although I am letting my hair grow out for the first time in 15 years to see what happens after this repair.

I am not doing these repairs for my donor anyways, that has been resolved already, I am increasing density around doble and triple hairs to extract more grafts for my final surgery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustang said:

I do get skin fade every week on the lower part although I am letting my hair grow out for the first time in 15 years to see what happens after this repair.

I am not doing these repairs for my donor anyways, that has been resolved already, I am increasing density around doble and triple hairs to extract more grafts for my final surgery

I see got it!

looking at your last pictures I can’t see the smp you got done by Mirko anymore, did it fade away or something? 

thanks man 

I'll explain my current strategy more in depth.

First, this is the current state of my donor after the BHT repairs. I am very happy with it, I can cut it quite short and it looks homogenous. I have had over 11.000 grafts taken out .

IMG-7590.thumb.PNG.15928b60be22b79e4075727b4f7e5da9.PNG

Now, my goal is to be able to harvest another 750 grafts from it to fill in zone 2-3 in my recipient area, a small touch up on the left side. It is possible that these grafts can be taken but it would probably be quite noticeable or leave some areas with larger gaps so I am proceeding with filling it with more BHT single grafts which will surround all doubles and triples left to be able to remove them later. I mark in red were I would implant the BHT grafts from beard and chest, all singles, why? so we only take doubles and triples from the donor and avoid the BHT ones.

IMG-7589.thumb.PNG.e993b5762be1c9e6ee4a29cfb6fac130.PNG

Now, in an ideal world if most of these BHT grafts take (fortunately they have in the past) plus some SMP I would be able to harvest another 750 grafts while leaving the current state of my donor pretty much as it is right now or perhaps even better with a second SMP pass. Yes, the SMP faded but I went extremely light and shallow depth to see what would be the result since I had to remove bad SMP with laser before (not fun). Now that we know that it was too soft and shallow we can be more aggressive in the third and fourth session.

IMG-7588.thumb.PNG.cfe94193fc7bb55597336fdc1563e7e2.PNG

I hope this explains my strategy and why I have been able to continue to have surgery after a maxed out donor a few years ago and have a normal looking donor as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mustang said:

I'll explain my current strategy more in depth.

First, this is the current state of my donor after the BHT repairs. I am very happy with it, I can cut it quite short and it looks homogenous. I have had over 11.000 grafts taken out .

IMG-7590.thumb.PNG.15928b60be22b79e4075727b4f7e5da9.PNG

Now, my goal is to be able to harvest another 750 grafts from it to fill in zone 2-3 in my recipient area, a small touch up on the left side. It is possible that these grafts can be taken but it would probably be quite noticeable or leave some areas with larger gaps so I am proceeding with filling it with more BHT single grafts which will surround all doubles and triples left to be able to remove them later. I mark in red were I would implant the BHT grafts from beard and chest, all singles, why? so we only take doubles and triples from the donor and avoid the BHT ones.

IMG-7589.thumb.PNG.e993b5762be1c9e6ee4a29cfb6fac130.PNG

Now, in an ideal world if most of these BHT grafts take (fortunately they have in the past) plus some SMP I would be able to harvest another 750 grafts while leaving the current state of my donor pretty much as it is right now or perhaps even better with a second SMP pass. Yes, the SMP faded but I went extremely light and shallow depth to see what would be the result since I had to remove bad SMP with laser before (not fun). Now that we know that it was too soft and shallow we can be more aggressive in the third and fourth session.

IMG-7588.thumb.PNG.cfe94193fc7bb55597336fdc1563e7e2.PNG

I hope this explains my strategy and why I have been able to continue to have surgery after a maxed out donor a few years ago and have a normal looking donor as well.

Always a pleasure to read you man!

Totally understand, I think you did well to play it safe with SMP and kind of do a test to see if you’d like it, that being said I really like the color of the pigment mirko used on you it was like a medium brown and I think it will do well to hide the white dots, can’t wait to see sessions 3 and 4!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think you should forget about doing SMP because your donor looks good and normal as it is. SMP can be a good solution for bad looking donor areas, but yours now looks great and nobody would know you had anything done. I think doing SMP on you is risking making something that looks mostly natural end up looking fake.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Just finished surgery and we ended up repairing my "donor" from my beard (under the chin) which was overharvested by another surgeon many years ago.

12 hours of surgery for 300 grafts, slowly choosing the best body grafts to implant there. I can't thank Dr Mwamba enough for his dedication and commitment to perfection. I was exhausted and asked him how was he not tired and his response was passion, I love my job.

Should I post the pictures on this tread or open a new beard repair thread?

• Like 3

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, mustang said:

Just finished surgery and we ended up repairing my "donor" from my beard (under the chin) which was overharvested by another surgeon many years ago.

12 hours of surgery for 300 grafts, slowly choosing the best body grafts to implant there. I can't thank Dr Mwamba enough for his dedication and commitment to perfection. I was exhausted and asked him how was he not tired and his response was passion, I love my job.

Put it here, since it already has so many followers. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 minutes ago, mustang said:

Lol anywhere we just want to see it! It’s so exiting man love all your threads!!! 

10 hours ago, mustang said:

12 hours for 300 grafts.  Wow.  Lol.  

That Def sounds like Dr Mwamba.   

On my 2nd day surgery with him,   we started like 10am and he didn't finish till like 3am.    Guy is a machine,  and always in a good mood. 

8 hours ago, Etownone said:

12 hours for 300 grafts.  Wow.  Lol.  

That Def sounds like Dr Mwamba.   

On my 2nd day surgery with him,   we started like 10am and he didn't finish till like 3am.    Guy is a machine,  and always in a good mood. 

Yes, always in a good mode, joking and being kind, I really don't know how he does it, he is over 50, the endless energy he has, I have never seen anything like it.

After he finished with you at 3 am he was probably in at 8 am the next morning after sleeping 3 hours to do it all over. Crazy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious on how the SMP will play out, cuz I'm considering it myself in a couple years

Dont want to sound negative bro, but I've yet to see 1 good example of healed SMP results on FUE scars

They usually fade too quickly and dont hold on, but with your donor you can simply grow it out a little if the gaps bother you, I'm sure it will look perfect. 

It's true they tend to fade, I am going to do another pass but even if they fade they look less obvious than before

Some % of the pigment remains and the contrast is much less 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Can you post some recent pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Woops, sorry, forgot to upload the pic.

As you can see all the SMP faded but again, it was my decision to go very very light to check, Mirko will do another pass properly in September

I had 1.200 grafts extracted from my donor AFTER Dr Mwamba's repair so obviously the work is a little more noticable now than it was a year ago

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 1.53.04 PM.jpeg

Edited by mustang

Still looks great.   

👍👍👍 

You really cut it short.    What is this on the clippers... Size 1/2?    

Dr Mwamba did a repair job to my donor area 4 months ago...   I can't cut it any shorter then #3 because I feel the fue scars are noticible.