My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

7 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Still looks great.   

👍👍👍 

You really cut it short.    What is this on the clippers... Size 1/2?    

Dr Mwamba did a repair job to my donor area 4 months ago...   I can't cut it any shorter then #3 because I feel the fue scars are noticible.     

How did it go?

Personally I have to keep it 14mm to hide them so I will visit him as well to see whats possible

20 hours ago, Etownone said:

Still looks great.   

👍👍👍 

You really cut it short.    What is this on the clippers... Size 1/2?    

Dr Mwamba did a repair job to my donor area 4 months ago...   I can't cut it any shorter then #3 because I feel the fue scars are noticible.     

Bro do you mean now or after the repair?

• Administrators
On 6/15/2022 at 8:26 AM, mustang said:

Woops, sorry, forgot to upload the pic.

As you can see all the SMP faded but again, it was my decision to go very very light to check, Mirko will do another pass properly in September

I had 1.200 grafts extracted from my donor AFTER Dr Mwamba's repair so obviously the work is a little more noticable now than it was a year ago

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 1.53.04 PM.jpeg

How many grafts are you at now?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, mustang said:

12K I think

Wow incredible numbers

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:57 AM, SimpleLife said:

How did it go?

Personally I have to keep it 14mm to hide them so I will visit him as well to see whats possible

I had to look up what size on the clippers 14mm is...   So it's around #4. 

My HT with Dr Mwamba so far, so good....   Buts it's only been 4 1/2 months.    

Have to thx Mustang for making this thread.   Dr Mwamba worked mirace for me.   

20 hours ago, mustang said:

Hey John

Would you be able to share a picture of your result without showing your face?

Just the scar before and after?

That would be awesome

169269729_preop(8).thumb.JPG.180a321a0e775c88b0bcdae2e0b197e0.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

BILD0451.JPG

Edited by John Connor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

So I have a little update on my donor repair journey. I had another SMP session yesterday, this time we went a little deeper (though very light density) to se if it can last longer. 1st session of 3. I had it done in Argentina for just 200 USD (local currency is very weak against the dollar). There is an immediate difference IMHO.

Next session in one week. 

There is still a little area bothering (marked in blue) me so I am going to fill it in with 200 Nape-Lowe Neck grafts (marked in red)

The remaining 100 grafts I will use on my right temple that needs a little touch up.

Before SMP

IMG-2137.thumb.jpg.6cb88cb79ea83d5702a8397c11371b73.jpg

After

IMG-2138.thumb.jpg.73b9804b5e76dc576aee58a05bab0b2f.jpg

Area that is bothering me marked in blue. Donor Re-stocking Mwamba (end September)

I realize most of you would not bother with these minor details but I love this, I love the journey, I love the perfection that can be achieved, I have the funds and means to do so and I really want to have a spectacular case of 12.000 grafts without any signs of surgery

It's been an amazing journey and it's coming to an end!

IMG-2136.thumb.jpg.176dca8d09ab6586ec583a3cc070805d.jpg

And right temple state and touch up

598044951_IMG-2149(1).thumb.PNG.fffc36db1cfc67b004be90667798ad02.PNG

1500281287_IMG-2150(1).thumb.PNG.4d4995d2dcd59cc2983915ede6b07550.PNG

Edited by mustang

40 minutes ago, mustang said:

NW5

I'd have to dig pictures from 2007 but I am sure I can find some

Please do mate, it's really giving me hope again.. did you go into some of the surgeries knowing you would be overharvested? I am asking because I believe some doctors would refuse to perform more surgeries of they feel they might overharvest you.. but if anything you've proven that is not an issue, did you have to convince the surgeon to go aggressive despite the risk?

No, it just happened after so many surgeries,  I didn't plan for it

If I would start again then yes, I would do homogenous depletion but most doctors do that these days, they extract from everywhere

Unless you go to Turkey, then that's your call

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustang said:

No, it just happened after so many surgeries,  I didn't plan for it

If I would start again then yes, I would do homogenous depletion but most doctors do that these days, they extract from everywhere

Unless you go to Turkey, then that's your call

You probably wrote this already but do you mind sharing a list of all the surgeries with clinics and graft count? 

Hey Mustang.. 

Looking great,  perfect imo. 

And hate to break it to ya,  but I doubt you'll ever be done.   Lol.   You're such a perfectionist that you'll be getting super small procedures 10 years from now.   Lol.   

Question..   Why do you continue needing more smp procedures?    I know it's temporary but Is it cause the sun fades it away quicker.   I heard when people get smp on top of head they have to constantly worry about the sun and apply sunblock 

7 hours ago, mustang said:

Finally

Always interesting to compare from where we started.

Not only does my donor area look better now but I managed to get 1.200 more grafts into my recipient!Before-any-surgery-with-Mwamba.thumb.jpg.2df4ef4fe47c6147275355768dd95556.jpgIMG-2138.thumb.jpg.0e5d2c284ad1d6d1213a10a7c00df9db.jpg

How many rounds of SMP have you had in total now @mustang?

34 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Hey Mustang.. 

Looking great,  perfect imo. 

And hate to break it to ya,  but I doubt you'll ever be done.   Lol.   You're such a perfectionist that you'll be getting super small procedures 10 years from now.   Lol.   

Question..   Why do you continue needing more smp procedures?    I know it's temporary but Is it cause the sun fades it away quicker.   I heard when people get smp on top of head they have to constantly worry about the sun and apply sunblock 

I think scar tissue is a little more tricky and I also think everyone needs a touch up after 2 years.

I had a very light session in the past that faded quickly and had a strong session that went south with a surgeon many years ago and needed laser removal

Best to go in between, mid density and depth so that it lasts 1-2 years and then touch it up.

I don't think I can get more procedures even if I wanted to!!, my donor is supply is almost over (I have maybe 500 grafts left) and so is my BHT. I am having two more procedures done (500 and 250 hopefully) and then I can't even if I wanted too

I will have SMP on the recipient however 100% as I am done with fibers!

• Like 1

Interesting,   so you're going to have Smp in the top of your head too.   

I'd be very interested to see those results.    Some smp guys are shying away from smp for density on top due to mixed results.