My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

• Moderators

Does anyone know what his pricing is in the USA?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Does anyone know what his pricing is in the USA?

For surgery? $5 per graft

https://www.fueclinic.com/pricing/atlanta/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

The first SMP session from a few years ago didn't, it turned blue and looked horrible. I got it removed with Picoway laser (which is the only laser that doesn't damage the surrounding hair follicles).

I then had, after the BHT sessions with Mwamba, another 2 sessions of SMP which unfortunately faded quite quickly, I might have taken a very conservative and light approach in fear of it turning blue in the future, it looked great for a few weeks but then it faded. 

I am now booked in April with Dr Mwamba for a final FIT Farming session 

It is important to note that getting PRP with Acell (PRP plus it's called I believe) is an important step of Fit Farming as it creates new blood vessels on scar tissue be it FUT or FUE giving the grafts a better chance of quickly reconnecting and avoiding hypoxia. Acell is also used in the custom solution to store the grafts which has increased the survival of BHT grafts in recent years.

This will be my last BHT with Dr Mwamba to fix my left donor and also repair my beard (another clinic in Turkey over harvested it under my chin) 

After this I will give SMP another try a little but more aggressive to see if it stays and call it a day with my donor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mustang said:

The first SMP session from a few years ago didn't, it turned blue and looked horrible. I got it removed with Picoway laser (which is the only laser that doesn't damage the surrounding hair follicles).

I then had, after the BHT sessions with Mwamba, another 2 sessions of SMP which unfortunately faded quite quickly, I might have taken a very conservative and light approach in fear of it turning blue in the future, it looked great for a few weeks but then it faded. 

I am now booked in April with Dr Mwamba for a final FIT Farming session 

It is important to note that getting PRP with Acell (PRP plus it's called I believe) is an important step of Fit Farming as it creates new blood vessels on scar tissue be it FUT or FUE giving the grafts a better chance of quickly reconnecting and avoiding hypoxia. Acell is also used in the custom solution to store the grafts which has increased the survival of BHT grafts in recent years.

This will be my last BHT with Dr Mwamba to fix my left donor and also repair my beard (another clinic in Turkey over harvested it under my chin) 

After this I will give SMP another try a little but more aggressive to see if it stays and call it a day with my donor.

Did you go to a qualified place for the first smp? I thought the dye never turns blue like tattoo ink

5 minutes ago, mmokin said:

also i heard you have to wait a year after a hair transplant for smp as the scar tissue is new and the skin is healing so more likely for the dye to bleed out and look like a smudge instead of a dot

Not true

Interesting that the smp didn't last long.  It looked so perfect too when you showed those pics.  

And you're going again to Dr Mwamba....   Does he hook you up,   cause you've been there so many times and the free advertising you do for him.    When I was there this week for my HT,  I told him it was cause of you that I'm here,  and he was like,   "ah yes, Mustang".     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Etownone said:

Interesting that the smp didn't last long.  It looked so perfect too when you showed those pics.  

And you're going again to Dr Mwamba....   Does he hook you up,   cause you've been there so many times and the free advertising you do for him.    When I was there this week for my HT,  I told him it was cause of you that I'm here,  and he was like,   "ah yes, Mustang".     

Lol. I am sure I would get a discount if I asked but I wouldn't go there. I pay like anybody else and the man deserves every single penny.

I don't consider I do free advertising for him. I just shared my repair story. I hope your surgery went well!!

• Like 4

• Administrators

Dr. Mwamba is one of the greats, can’t wait to meet him.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just finished reading this thread...outstanding!  Add me to another in the community whom you have had a positive impact on. 

This has reimagined my future plans and I'm very grateful for your time contributing to help others.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:22 AM, mustang said:

For those who are wondering, here is my hair after 13 surgeries.

Left-side.jpg

Right-Side.jpg

Top-View.jpg

Who did the actual hairline? Looks so natural man. Congrats on the fantastic results. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

It was done by several doctors, Feriduni, Keser, Couto, Mwamba, Vila, etc.. they all had a go. The original design was done by Keser but it was too straight so I added several irregularities during the years and ended up adding nape hair (very fine) in between grafts and I agree it looks 100% natural but dense.

The trick for a natural hairline is not only singles but high density fine singles mixed with nape hair, then nobody can tell it has been transplanted.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:16 AM, mustang said:

Nape hair is only used for temples and hairline

It has no coverage value as they are not inly singles but also very fine singles.

I'll attach some pictures so you can where they were taken from and how they look on your temple points 

First is my left temple done by a Dr in Turkey. Thick unnatural grafts and low density.

Here is after 75/100 nape grafts from Dr Mwamba at FUE CLINIC in Brussels and removal of thick ones.

You can see they are much more fine and blend perfectly with your natural thinner sides.

There is no scaring left on the nape, at least not in me.

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

Wow I read through your whole thread and what a Journey! Your have a really good donor a that length and the density in top is just wow! 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:18 AM, mustang said:

Yes, no scaring. He has removed over 75 grafts on both temples. No scaring on my beard either were he removed all of the neck and no scaring on my temples.

Small punches, delicate work but overall I think I am lucky as my entire donor doesn't have the white dot classic appearance.

Having BHT added to my donor brought the pigmentation back to the skin and this is quite noticeable. 

Does Dr Mwamba charge you for the removal of grafts as well? Or do you just pay for your surgery and if he needs to remove some grafts from your hairline in order to give you a better result he just does that anyway?

On 2/18/2022 at 11:21 PM, Icicle said:

Does Dr Mwamba charge you for the removal of grafts as well? Or do you just pay for your surgery and if he needs to remove some grafts from your hairline in order to give you a better result he just does that anyway?

He charges separately for it, it's a delicate procedure and requires time and great care to avoid scaring. You are also limited to the amount of grafts that can be extracted. I think the clinic has a fixed fee for plug extraction now but best to contact them cause I am not sure right now.

11 minutes ago, mustang said:

He charges separately for it, it's a delicate procedure and requires time and great care to avoid scaring. You are also limited to the amount of grafts that can be extracted. I think the clinic has a fixed fee for plug extraction now but best to contact them cause I am not sure right now.

Thanks mustang.