My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

@mustang I'm in awe of your tenacity, and I've had 7 surgeries.  All the best this round!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

10 hours ago, QuanNguyen said:

So I am 18 and I want a hair transplant to have my hairline lowered. I don’t have history of hair lose in my family. Do you think fue is a good idea and how do I find a good surgeon? Please help!

No reputable surgeon will operate a 18 year old.

Stay away from whoever will do it. Patients below 25 are not eligible for HT as a rule of thumb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, QuanNguyen said:

So I am 18 and I want a hair transplant to have my hairline lowered. I don’t have history of hair lose in my family. Do you think fue is a good idea and how do I find a good surgeon? Please help!

You are seriously opening up the possibility of starting out to live the rest of your days in a world of pain and regret. I had the same want and I was ruined because someone saw money and carved up a teenager. Forget it and learn from my mistakes. It will cost you nothing and won't leave you permanently disfigured.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
On 3/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, mustang said:

Thank you guys,

I still have some gaps where I can see another 300-400 grafts could go in but I ask myself if it would make any aesthetic difference at this stage and it would not so not sure I will go for it.

I will however get SMP done as I want too extended my donor capabilities to another 1.000 grafts ideally. 

Thanks for the support

Josh

What an incredible result @mustang. Seriously happy for you man. Not many people get a second chance like this. I'd leave as is. you would hate to end up in a cycle of snakes and ladders after this perfect result.

Thanks man

I am having consultation today to see what can be done. While my back has been sorted (90%) my sides are still quite bad.

Bare in mind it looks nothing like this in person, I have had some shockloss from my last surgery and there is a flash in the worst possible condition. In person you can't tell anything but still. I would like to restore some density there before SMP.

I want to add 300 BHT to close the big gaps before adding SMP. It blends much better without gaps. 

The top is almost entire transplanted, almost 10K. You can still see some little spots with density which I will address on my final surgery this year when this journey is finally over.

LEFT SIDE .jpg

300 BHT LEFT SIDE MWAMBA SIMULATION.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mustang said:

Thanks man

I am having consultation today to see what can be done. While my back has been sorted (90%) my sides are still quite bad.

Bare in mind it looks nothing like this in person, I have had some shockloss from my last surgery and there is a flash in the worst possible condition. In person you can't tell anything but still. I would like to restore some density there before SMP.

I want to add 300 BHT to close the big gaps before adding SMP. It blends much better without gaps. 

The top is almost entire transplanted, almost 10K. You can still see some little spots with density which I will address on my final surgery this year when this journey is finally over.

LEFT SIDE .jpg

300 BHT LEFT SIDE MWAMBA SIMULATION.jpg

How did you look before surgery? Were you completely bald?

Hi mustang you mentioned earlier in a post that you had 60 grafts put on your left temple, where did you take the hair from? 
Also what body hair did you use to repair your beard?

thanks for this great post man it’s really helpful! 

44 minutes ago, mustang said:

From the nape!, you want the finest hairs there!!

Thanks for your answer, it makes sense!

Are you happy with the result? It seems like the napes were able to blend in and cover the area pretty well.

Did you also use napes for your beard repair?

Nape hair is only used for temples and hairline

It has no coverage value as they are not inly singles but also very fine singles.

I'll attach some pictures so you can where they were taken from and how they look on your temple points 

First is my left temple done by a Dr in Turkey. Thick unnatural grafts and low density.

Here is after 75/100 nape grafts from Dr Mwamba at FUE CLINIC in Brussels and removal of thick ones.

You can see they are much more fine and blend perfectly with your natural thinner sides.

There is no scaring left on the nape, at least not in me.

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

Edited by mustang
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mustang said:

It has no coverage value as they are not inly singles but also very fine singles.

I'll attach some pictures so you can where they were taken and how they look on your temple points 

First is my left temples done by a Dr in Turkey. Thick unnatural grafts and low density.

Here is after 75/100 nape grafts from Dr Mwamba at FUE CLINIC in Brussels and removal of thick ones.

You can see they are much more fine and blend perfectly with your natural thinner sides.

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

Wahou looks great particularly compared to what was done in Turkey!

I’ll definitely use nape hair on my temple next time I get an HT since they are absolutely useless I’d rather put em to use instead of just shaving them. 

I really appreciate your post man it’s been really helpful to me and a mine of information to a lot of people I’m sure.

what’s your take on armpit hair and pubic hair for bht? I’m asking because those hairs are the most similar to beard hair to me and I think I could achieve decent coverage if I was to use em as donor restocking or even on beard.

On 5/17/2021 at 12:30 PM, mustang said:

Hey Guys,

So it's round 3 and FINAL of BHT with Dr Mwamba into the donor on 2 separate days. I am hoping or 600 BHT. That will total 2.100 BHT into the donor area.

I recently had some FUE and they managed to extract 1.250 grafts after a surgeon from the same clinic told me my donor was depleted and I could not have more surgery done 2 years ago.

I PROMISE I will create a separate thread for my recipient area and all my surgeries but I want to keep this thread about using BHT to restock donor areas overharvested from FUE has I know already of 4 guys that have had this done after reading this thread with great results and this is quite unique approach. I hope that is OK!

Anyways, I am sure SMP can do the job of hiding these scars but since I love having surgery (as you can tell) and have some BHT left let's do it.

I have a notorious red spot at the back of my head since birth so I would be cool to take some measurements, count the hairs there and re-count in 6 months to asses survival.

200 BHT MWAMBA.jpg

Didn't you just went to Dr. Ferreira?

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/topical-dutasteride-case-assessment-thread.128798/post-1978066

• Administrators
8 hours ago, mustang said:

I'll attach some pictures so you can where they were taken from and how they look on your temple points 

First is my left temple done by a Dr in Turkey. Thick unnatural grafts and low density.

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

Is that bottom picture a recent one? If so that looks incredible for 10k+ grafts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators
On 5/19/2021 at 8:35 AM, mustang said:

In person you can't tell anything but still. I would like to restore some density there before SMP.

Why would you want to add SMP to what you have? Every area is covered with hair already.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

5 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Why would you want to add SMP to what you have? Every area is covered with hair already.

Cause we always want more don't we! 

I am still debating the SMP thing... I still use Toppik to enhance my results and I really want to be free of it and go into the ocean or pool without having to worry about fibers. I don't need fibers, I don't look like I am "balding" without them but I just got use to that super thick look.

• Like 3

On 5/20/2021 at 10:12 AM, JP28 said:

Wahou looks great particularly compared to what was done in Turkey!

I’ll definitely use nape hair on my temple next time I get an HT since they are absolutely useless I’d rather put em to use instead of just shaving them. 

I really appreciate your post man it’s been really helpful to me and a mine of information to a lot of people I’m sure.

what’s your take on armpit hair and pubic hair for bht? I’m asking because those hairs are the most similar to beard hair to me and I think I could achieve decent coverage if I was to use em as donor restocking or even on beard.

Arm pit works great. Pubic hair I have not tried but Mwamba has used it several times and it's quite thick as well. I just would find it odd having them in my face but some people use it for the donor and the grow out as tick as beard grafts.

According to Mwamba all grafts, regardless from where they are taken have the same survival rate with his current ATP storage protocol. As long as it has been extracted with no transection 

This man is so skillful that he told me Feriduni (they are friends) sends him all the difficult cases and he seems to enjoy the challenge. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, qui bono said:

Im still impressed Mwamba removed the thicker hairs in the temple points without any noticeable scarring, and then made the overall appearance softer as well. Thats mad skill. 

Mwamba removed some grafts from the hairline of a friend of mine and they didnt have any noticeable scarring either. Im assuming he used sutures to prevent white pigment scarring?

If this is the general standard of his work hopefully he gets more attention. 

Yes, no scaring. He has removed over 75 grafts on both temples. No scaring on my beard either were he removed all of the neck and no scaring on my temples.

Small punches, delicate work but overall I think I am lucky as my entire donor doesn't have the white dot classic appearance.

Having BHT added to my donor brought the pigmentation back to the skin and this is quite noticeable. 

• 1 month later...