My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 3:59 AM, mustang said:

For those interested Dr Mwamba has opened up a second clinic in Atlanta where he performs surgeries himself for just 5 USD per graft for FUE and 6 USD for BHT.

This i didn't know. If I ever need (want) a third transplant, this option will be top of my list! Thanks!

Oh man, what an AMAZING story this is! Maybe the most interesting thread in the history of Hair Forums 😀

I have learnt so many things with your posts and your experience.

Oh, and excited to see the complete report, that is gonna be something great!

If you do not mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

Best and thanksssss a lot for sharing all this with us 🤩 !!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

Oh man, what an AMAZING story this is! Maybe the most interesting thread in the history of Hair Forums 😀

I have learnt so many things with your posts and your experience.

Oh, and excited to see the complete report, that is gonna be something great!

If you do not mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

Best and thanksssss a lot for sharing all this with us 🤩 !!!

Glad I have been of help man. It was indeed an eye opener for me as well that donors could be refilled and I could not be happier.

I own a few businesses. Started some ventures when I was young and fortunately it went well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 5:42 AM, mustang said:

Glad I have been of help man. It was indeed an eye opener for me as well that donors could be refilled and I could not be happier.

I own a few businesses. Started some ventures when I was young and fortunately it went well.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

And yes, your experiences are of great help to see that there is much hope nowadays for those suffering alopecia.

Can not wait to see the FINAL MUSTANG REPORT 😎 with all the details about your 15+ procedures!!

Best!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think I will be adding another 150 BHT or so to each side to fill in some spots. I might also add some density to the beard area

I will request the forum moderators to change the tittle too reflect the total number of grafts and SMP for this thread

When you guys get bored of me please let me know!

1 hour ago, mustang said:

I think I will be adding another 150 BHT or so to each side to fill in some spots. I might also add some density to the beard area

I will request the forum moderators to change the tittle too reflect the total number of grafts and SMP for this thread

Will never get bored of your journey my man. 

Are you still planning on documenting your journey of the recipient site transplants you have had?

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2021 at 1:43 AM, mustang said:

You're going to add some density to the beard area?   

And thanks....  I had my in person consultation with Dr Mwamba... And scheduled my surgery for Jan 31 and Feb 1 in NJ.    👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

Yes, they over extracted it in Turkey a few years ago and Dr Mwamba did a "clean up" surgery, all grafts below a certain line were removed and used on the donor. I have a spot that requires 200 grafts that we will take from the body (just under my chin). It looks a little patchy when I grow it.

I will also add 500 BHT grafts to my donor again to restock some areas as I want to have a final 500-600 FUE surgery end of the year and with that I will be done.

SMP on recipient will be next to let go of fibers and hopefully my hair will hold on for a few years.

It's been a fun journey and I would do it all over again but I literally have no more donor in my body and don't want to push my scalp donor further.

10 hours ago, Etownone said:

You're going to add some density to the beard area?   

And thanks....  I had my in person consultation with Dr Mwamba... And scheduled my surgery for Jan 31 and Feb 1 in NJ.    👍👍👍👍👍

Since when does he operate in NJ? I had no clue of that. 

3 hours ago, mustang said:

Yes, they over extracted it in Turkey a few years ago and Dr Mwamba did a "clean up" surgery, all grafts below a certain line were removed and used on the donor. I have a spot that requires 200 grafts that we will take from the body (just under my chin). It looks a little patchy when I grow it.

I will also add 500 BHT grafts to my donor again to restock some areas as I want to have a final 500-600 FUE surgery end of the year and with that I will be done.

SMP on recipient will be next to let go of fibers and hopefully my hair will hold on for a few years.

It's been a fun journey and I would do it all over again but I literally have no more donor in my body and don't want to push my scalp donor further.

I thought you depleted your beard...   So you do grow out your beard.   Care to post a recent pic of how the beard is looking now.   

I feel Beard grafts is on the rise,  more and more people are going to use them.   My upcoming surgery with Dr Mwamba is 1000 scalp and 500 beard...     He told me we can easily do 1000 beard.   

1 hour ago, JP28 said:

Since when does he operate in NJ? I had no clue of that. 

I didnt know either...   I set up an online consultation,  and durung our talk he saw I was in nj and told me he was actually in nj too,  and if I wanted to come down for an in person consult.   I saw him the next day late afternoon,  he was just finished doing another surgery.  He told me he was coming back to Jersey the first week of Feb.   So I booked my surgery for that week.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Etownone said:

I didnt know either...   I set up an online consultation,  and durung our talk he saw I was in nj and told me he was actually in nj too,  and if I wanted to come down for an in person consult.   I saw him the next day late afternoon,  he was just finished doing another surgery.  He told me he was coming back to Jersey the first week of Feb.   So I booked my surgery for that week.  

Man that’s pretty cool! 

5 hours ago, mustang said:

Mirko from Men's Ink in Milan or maybe Barcelona with Manuel for the recipient.

Nice - I’m really considering a density SMP procedure myself for the crown/vertex area, I’m just struggling to research clinics in Europe and find multiple patient testimonials, so I’ll be keen to see how you get on . . When are you going for it ? 

9 hours ago, Etownone said:

wtf that’s huge. how is this not more widely known…? any idea..?

16 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

Nope.   It was a great surprise for me.    

I think he told me he only comes to NJ a couple weeks out of the year, and he teaches to other surgeons.   

• Like 1

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

He’s not officially in New Jersey, he’s training a doctor up there, but as far as I’m aware he isn’t performing surgeries yet. I’ll update the forum once I have something set in stone. Btw would love to see an update on your thread.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think he will be doing surgery in NJ every 2-3 months but if demand increases he might be there more frequently. NJ is a new thing, they just started.

With all this Covid travelling hassle more US patients can't or don't want to travel abroad so having Atlanta and NJ is a great option.