My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, very interesting case and nice result mustang.. I have couple of questions and appreciate your feedback 

1) can we transplant hair from beard to hair line? 

2) did Doctor examine the beard hair if it’s under Angen phase?

3) how you avoided the shock loss after hair transplant since you are not taking oral frenstride?

many thanks for your feedback 

Many thanks for prompt reply. 

In my case, my goal is to replinash my donor area (thinning due to past surgeries) and thicken my front hairline .. what’s the best options to achieve that? I’m considering Dr Mwamba 

• Moderators
On 7/26/2021 at 7:12 AM, SLY said:

1) can we transplant hair from beard to hair line? 

Most people say no and while I think you should try to avoid it if you can, in some extreme cases it is necessary and has been done. The problem is that body hair, especially beard hair which happens to be the best for growth, usually isn't as soft as your head hair. You want the frontal hairline to look like natural head hair. If it's placed in the mid scalp it is much harder to notice any difference in texture from your head hair.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Thank you Mustang.. When you apply topical dutestride, r u also covering the donor area and side? Or just front area and crown?

thanks once again 

Hello Mustang, once again thank you for all your support and contribution on this forum which help us a lot on your experience and knowledge :)

Another questions:

1) currently im on topical frenstride 2.5 pct mixed with minoxdel 5 pct for last three years with no side effect and stable hair loss. Do you recommend to add/incorporate topical dutestride from FUE clinic once per week as extra boost? So 6 days topical frenstride mixed with minoxdel and 1 day topical dutestride 

2) in May 2021, I got infected by Covid. In June 2021 I noticed my hair is thinning all my scalp.. is there any relation? Not sure how it will take to recover (a bit worried)

3) I’m planning to have a surgery to replenish my donor area and thicken my front area.  Do u you recommend to wait to recover first (post Covid illines- hair thinning ) and then perform the surgery ? 

best regards 

khalid 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, SLY said:

2) in May 2021, I got infected by Covid. In June 2021 I noticed my hair is thinning all my scalp.. is there any relation? Not sure how it will take to recover (a bit worried)

If you had a bad case of it then it's possible. Any somewhat severe illness can potentially cause some hair to temporarily fall out. Usually it would shed a few weeks after the incident which seems like it could fit your timeline of getting COVID in May and then seeing some hair fallout in June.

4 hours ago, SLY said:

3) I’m planning to have a surgery to replenish my donor area and thicken my front area.  Do u you recommend to wait to recover first (post Covid illines- hair thinning ) and then perform the surgery ?

I would hold off on surgery if you can, keep taking finisteride, and see if the hair starts to grow back in in a few months, and go from there.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 3/6/2021 at 2:20 AM, mustang said:

Yes sir

Hair is still getting better with the new solution with growth factors

I highly recommend it and the best part is no sides like I had with oral finasteride or topical finasteride

Amazing. Some questions if you don't mind:

1. How long were you on oral fin before stopping due to sides..?
2. Is the topical DUT what Dr Mwamba gave you..?
3. Do you think it gave less of a boost, the exact same boost, or more of a boost to your hair as oral fin, but without the sides?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Amazing. Some questions if you don't mind:

1. How long were you on oral fin before stopping due to sides..?
2. Is the topical DUT what Dr Mwamba gave you..?
3. Do you think it gave less of a boost, the exact same boost, or more of a boost to your hair as oral fin, but without the sides?

Thanks!

No probs man

I tried oral fin 3 times in my 20's, sides came within a few months and once immediately.

Yes, I get Dutasteride from Mwamba 

I had the most drastic response to topical dutasteride out of all meds but I might be a mega responder to dustateride. I use it topically.

15 hours ago, SLY said:

Hello Mustang, once again thank you for all your support and contribution on this forum which help us a lot on your experience and knowledge :)

Another questions:

1) currently im on topical frenstride 2.5 pct mixed with minoxdel 5 pct for last three years with no side effect and stable hair loss. Do you recommend to add/incorporate topical dutestride from FUE clinic once per week as extra boost? So 6 days topical frenstride mixed with minoxdel and 1 day topical dutestride 

best regards 

khalid 

Hey man

I can't give advice on meds and protocols as I am no doctor. A lot of people use both to give a boost orally so I guess topically it would make sense or could be an option but you have to discuss this with your treating doctor. What many people on oral finasteride or topical finasteride do is Dutasteride Mesotherapy at clinics once a month or every 3 months and others from home once a week, I think that would be much more of a boost.

Regarding Covid it an be entirely possible but temporary. Reduced oxygen saturation would mean less oxygen to your hair and could cause hypoxia on your follicles. This is not hair loss though but shedding.

I did a quick search to confirm this and there are some quotes by physicians who have seen it.

I don't think Covid is a reason to wait for a hair transplants if the infection is over.

Temporary hair loss is normal after a fever or illness

Fever is a common symptom of COVID-19. A few months after having a high fever or recovering from an illness, many people see noticeable hair loss."

"A COVID-19 infection could also cause the type of hair shedding seen with TE. “COVID-19 affects the whole body, but it seems that the stress from lack of oxygenation to the hair follicles, the fever, and the stress on the body can push hair follicles into the resting phase,” says Patel."

• Like 1

Many thanks Mustang.. always impressing me with ur feedback and knowledge :)  I shall consider topical dutestride from Dr Mwamba. 

good point related Covid hair loss point. I hope everything recovered soon.

I’m sharing my pictures from my donor area that I’m planning to replenish it my next surgery. 

1) what do you think of my donor area and beard? For reference my hair is fine in nature.

2) how many grafts I need to cover donor, sides and crown ? Assuming I will go for haircut short on sides and back 

3) do you think we can extract hair grafts  from nape and maybe below hairline back my head?

sorry for all my questions..

487C716B-5BF9-4389-BB64-3FDD860E6893.png

62B41139-C329-41EC-B986-2F9F5D915BA4.png

Hey Guys,

I had a laser session today to remove the horrible SMP results done by another Doctor I won't name on here.

It was done on my right donor temple where there is still a lot of hair with a new laser called Picoway which does not harm the existing follicles and leaves no scaring to the skin. Quite magical.

I'll put some pictures up tomorrow if someone reminds me.

We should honestly create a Fit Farming group somewhere for all of us who have had to get BHT or FIT into our FUE scars or donor strip repairs. 

My next move: 1.000 BHT more into the donor area

SMP into the donor area and a final assault to attempt 750 FUE extractions to finish my crown and vertex.

After that I should be done!

My maintenance treatment will be a 60ml bottle with CB0301 7.5%, Topical Dutasteride 0.05% and Minoxidil 5%. 1ml, once a day.

Dutasteride Mesotherappy bottle 0.01%, 3 ML, once a week with Trichoxidil and vitamins after dermarolling at 0.75mm

Edited by mustang

Freeeeeek!  But you are not being an *ss about it.  Since you like the ultra-dense look & you were willing to spend 100K & you're OCD (regimented) & using Mwamba (super-freek HT scientist) - it's all good & an enjoyable read.

TY for documenting it for us mere mortals.😈

Thanks guys, it's been a long long journey but I would do it all over again

A lot of people have 6-9k surgeries so I am not that far, I just had several small ones and SMP and Mwamba manage to extend the donor beyond it's original capability

I hope I can share my entire journey once it's finished this year

@mustangthis is from far the most exiting thread, what did you use for the healing process on your nape? I followed your advice and used part of my nape for the temple points but the healing is kinda hard I mean it’s getting better everyday but if you have any advice(I’ve been using triamciolone 0.1 and it really helps)

I also wonder if beard and body hair follow the same cycle as scalp hair for regrowth, like it starts to grow at 3 months and final result at 18months? You must be pretty hairy to have extracted so many body hairs and still have some. 

The bad job on your temple points was it done by hlc or another clinic? 

Thanks  

I didn't have any healing issues other than some big pimples that last 3 months

When doctors say that transplanted BHT adopts the characteristics of the recipient area is because they follow the same growth cycle. My beard hairs on zone 3 grow quite long. This said, it grows earlier, BHT you can see the final result by 6 months usually or before.

The bad job on my temple points wasn't necessary a bad job at the time, I rather not put the surgeon down as it was the best we had at that time before surgeons opened up about using nape.