My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

7 hours ago, Etownone said:

Any tips for ingrown hairs in the beard area?    

I've had a lot of experience with ingrown hairs.

I found that tea tree oil helps - seems to act like a scavenger beneath the surface of the skin. 

The best way I've found is to use a dermapen. It initially leaves the surface a bit red but it sorts the problem out quickly.

2 hours ago, gambler said:

I've had a lot of experience with ingrown hairs.

I found that tea tree oil helps - seems to act like a scavenger beneath the surface of the skin. 

The best way I've found is to use a dermapen. It initially leaves the surface a bit red but it sorts the problem out quickly.

Whoa,    thx buddy. 

I actually have a dermapen for my hair.    Will look into it, and try it.  👍

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mustang said:

One day I will when all this journey is over.

For now I am booked again on the 26th of April for 500 more BHT into my left side

Hahaha...   Another one...    Wow

But, I guess why not,  if you got the time, money and the extra beard hair.    

Just now, mustang said:

It's my last BHT to donor repair. I will go for SMP later this year and probably SMP in my recipient as well to get rid of fibers.

I thought the smp didn't work out.   I remember you post in great resutks for smp, and then later said it didn't last long. 

I could see me going back to Dr Mwamba also for another BHT to donor.  He's only a 40 minute when he is in New Jersey. 

Since you keep your hair so short,  I can see what your trying to fill in.   It's hardly noticible at all,  but what's 1 more HT so you can be 100% satisfied.  

Where is the other 200-300 going?  

To the other side and the back 

Yes, it doesn't bother me at all but I am trying to get a last procedure of 500-700 grafts in October so the more BHT I use to fill in the more grafts they can take on my final surgery (they won't take the BHT but those double grafts around them).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the plan for the 26th

- 60 FUE left temple

- 200 BHT into left side (covering FUE scars)

Since it's quite an specific area hopefully the results can be seen as well, I'll keep the same angle, camera and lightning for monthly updates.

1531461285_image_123986672(33).thumb.JPG.8962106478c9a8c52cf2d3ca59db31f1.JPG851059980_image_123986672(35).thumb.JPG.e37672171e2b187f33311b5a5cf8b999.JPG

image_123986672 (34).JPG

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Wow, you never seem to be satisfied😁 Your temple (and Donor as well) looks great IMO. I think I would enjoy the great head of hair 😉

I am enjoying it everyday! .... thanks man

• Like 1

So there is 3 ways around it, I have done all and I recommend the third if you can afford it.

Option 1: Sleep on your forehead for 5 days with a neck pillow around you so that if you turn a little at night you won't fully turn and won't touch the grafts.

Option 2: Sleep sitting up with a neck pillow so you don't touch the implanted area

Option 3: Get the left side done first, sleep on the right. 10 days later get back and right side done and sleep on the left.

This is my preferred way of all but you do need to plan a little holiday around the dates. Paris and Amsterdam are just 2 hours away with the train and nobody can tell you got anything done from day 1 so that's quite cool

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mustang said:

So there is 3 ways around it, I have done all and I recommend the third if you can afford it.

Option 1: Sleep on your forehead for 5 days with a neck pillow around you so that if you turn a little at night you won't fully turn and won't touch the grafts.

Option 2: Sleep sitting up with a neck pillow so you don't touch the implanted area

Option 3: Get the left side done first, sleep on the right. 10 days later get back and right side done and sleep on the left.

This is my preferred way of all but you do need to plan a little holiday around the dates. Paris and Amsterdam are just 2 hours away with the train and nobody can tell you got anything done from day 1 so that's quite cool

Thanks man! You’re a champ for going through with this so many times. Looks like I will need to try option 2 as neither of the other ones will work for me. How many days do you need to avoid sleeping on the donor areas that have been implanted?

The first 72 hours are crucial as the grafts can be easily detached by contact although I have never had that happen in 15 surgeries.

In an ideal world you would want to sleep like this 10 days, scabs can be removed on day 11, that is why I choose to do one side first and 10 days later the other or a month later, whatever suits.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mustang said:

The first 72 hours are crucial as the grafts can be easily detached by contact although I have never had that happen in 15 surgeries.

In an ideal world you would want to sleep like this 10 days, scabs can be removed on day 11, that is why I choose to do one side first and 10 days later the other or a month later, whatever suits.

So at 10 days the grafts are safe basically, is it ok to restart working out after 10 days?