My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

Btw, if you are wondering what 11.500 grafts look like with some fibers (and cream) on a Norwood 5.

I apply body lotion on my hair before bed and it feels and looks much thicker the next morning (a veteran trick). I then blow dry it 30 seconds and put on the fibers. I do this 3 times a week.

I use Caboki fibers (I like them better than Toppik) and I can sweat and workout as much as I want. No issue.

image_6487327(5).thumb.JPG.5268faeae5173d14fff661109ca9f8c3.JPG

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mustang said:

Btw, if you are wondering what 11.500 grafts look like with some fibers (and cream) on a Norwood 5.

I apply body lotion on my hair before bed and it feels and looks much thicker the next morning (a veteran trick). I then blow dry it 30 seconds and put on the fibers. I do this 3 times a week.

I use Caboki fibers (I like them better than Toppik) and I can sweat and workout as much as I want. No issue.

image_6487327(5).thumb.JPG.5268faeae5173d14fff661109ca9f8c3.JPG

HOLY COW! What body lotion do you use? 

• Administrators
On 6/18/2023 at 9:05 AM, mustang said:

I am having surgery with him next Wednesday for the 6th time (1 FUE surgery, 3 BHT into donor repair, 1 BHT into beard repair and now another (and last one) BHT into donor and beard)

Going back to Brussels 6 times sums my experience with him and his team. Wonderful results, skilled surgeon and probably the nicest guy I've ever met.

Part of me is actually sad that it's our last surgery and the journey is over, after so many hair transplants I enjoy every bit of it, even the local anesthetic (can't feel much anymore as I have scar tissue everywhere). 

Something is exciting about getting surgery. But the ugly duckling phase is brutal.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Today was an interesting day.

We did 200 BHT into the beard (repair of overharvesting done by another surgeon below the chin) and a touch up on the left side.

We also did an SMP test with a new lady who works there by the name of Carmen. She is extremely knowledgeable on SMP and does cases for Bisanga, Mwamba and other surgeons. She used to be a patient consultant for over a decade. Surprisingly affordable as well.

Once my BHT into the donor grows in I'll be doing a full donor SMP pass with her.

I have my donor repair surgery on the 30th this month. I'll upload pics accordingly. I hope we can get 600 grafts into it.

Under Chin 150 grafts

IMG-7582.thumb.jpg.69ce963958343607be98220ef31166a5.jpg

Left side 50 graftsIMG-7585.thumb.jpg.3adb6a02dcd821ac3d6c73637d1c02fb.jpg

IMG-7586.thumb.PNG.bfca85540563b698fa1f9d611424b0ff.PNGSMP Test

1 hour ago, 2fast2FUErious said:

Is that entire zone below your beard line and above your Adam’s apple harvested? How many grafts were taken from there?

Yes, I wiped out the entire zone.

300 with Lupanzula 

800 with HLC

And then I lost count on how many with Mwamba

Overall about 2000 

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Mustang in all honesty your scalp looks excellent! 💯👌

Thanks man!

But for me it's not about how it looks, it's about extracting more, the last 1.000

I can't do that without restocking it.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I ended up having SMP per Mwamba's suggestion (1 of 3 sessions) before doing the final touch up to the donor.

It's looking great one day out. Picture below of today (the blue spots are not hers)

image_50384385(1).thumb.JPG.ed58a58991ab81df98eb8065009b98f0.JPG

I have been very unlucky with my SMP attempts but Mwamba has a new practitioner at the clinic (her name is Carmen) that inspired me a lot of confidence. She was a patient coordinator for over 10 years for Dr Bisanga and is extremely meticulous in her approach (ink color, depth, slower sessions, knowledge of scar tissue) etc.. so I decided to have a go.

She does SMP cases for both Dr Bisanga and Mwamba and other surgeons I believe. Absolutely painless which was refreshing.

A little background on my SMP attempts

Frist time I did a patch test with Dr Lupanzula in 2017 and ended up with a big blue stain on the side of my head, it had to be removed with Picoway laser, it was expensive, painful and needed multiple sessions. 

image_6487327(7).thumb.JPG.4a09a804099419e5d5923fd4b58dd9b3.JPG

My second SMP attempt was with Mirko in Milan. This time thankfully nothing turned blue but the SMP faded rapidly after a few weeks. Mirko offered a free touch up and said I needed more but I just couldn't make it back to Milan at the time and I sort of let go of it. Nothing bad to say about his work, we might have gone too light on the depth per my request.

My third attempt was in Argentina last year. Again, it turned blue, thankfully most of it faded but I had to do laser sessions again to remove it, however, I still have blue on my hairline and top of the scalp which I am not concerned about removing yet as it's not detectable with my hair grown out but very obvious when shaved. Picture below 

IMG_7938.jpeg.7bab57a6eaee73ec52b90b1f98c8d28a.jpeg

So, all of this said, Carmen explained to me that there is a very fine line regarding depth between SMP completely fading and SMP turning green or blue on some patients. It doesn't happen on most but I have a lot of scar tissue from surgeries and we all react differently.

I am giving this a last attempt and if it either fades or turns blue I will call it quits with the SMP. Fingers crossed it won't this time

Edited by mustang

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Etownone said:

Wow.. 

And I was thinking of getting smp for density..   Not anymore.   

But your first session looks like a home run so far.   

Idk look at @Gatsby latest pictures, the smp definitely made a difference.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Etownone said:

Wow.. 

And I was thinking of getting smp for density..   Not anymore.   

But your first session looks like a home run so far.   

Do a test, it might work wonders for you

I have friends with SMP for 5 years now with no touch ups and look amazing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SMP Update: I might have hit the jackpot with Carmen in Brussels

It has not faded and it has not turned blue. It's been almost two months and I have spent quite some time in the sun without sunscreen, I stupidly forget most days.

The SMP is still there and blends perfectly with the rest of the hair.

I'll be doing another session sometime next year.

image_123986672 (60).JPG

• Wow 1

• Administrators

Carmen did a great job, she’s worked with some of the best. Hattingen, Bisanga, Mwamba. I can’t see a difference at all.

7F329CF9-C300-43C8-920C-E27E313899D5.jpeg

View my thread

12 hours ago, Etownone said:

Looks like a perfect job of SMP.  

So how does it look with the hair growing out a little,  or do you shave like every other day.    

It kid of loses it's effect if I grow it but it looks good, I can go on without shaving the sides two weeks and no problem