My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

There is a significant increase in the visual coverage, congratulations!

On 9/5/2023 at 5:21 PM, mustang said:

Much better already thanks to my girlfriend!

So what exactly can be done with folliculitis? You've mentioned that your gf doesn't even know about your HTs so how does it work?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Wow @mustang. What you have have nearly completed is a work of art! It's like a human sculpture. It almost reminds me of someone who is having the most elaborate and detailed tattoo! 💯👌

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is insane! @mustang I seriously hope you write your whole journey up and share it with the world (meds, surgeries, SMP, etc). Would love to hear what you'd do differently if you were starting over, which docs were best, meds that worked, etc.You could make a pretty legit side hustle selling consultations similar to JT if you're interested.

Something tells me you're already pretty successful tho, given the attention to detail here 😂 

• Like 1

@mustang I recall you saying your donor was below average, but still managed to get > 10k grafts out. I also see a lot of docs and posts saying 6 - 7k is about the max you can get from even an average donor. Not sure which is true - but can't deny your amazing results. 

Is fit farming the key to making this possible? As someone who also has poor donor, I'm trying to understand what to do to get the maximum number of grafts from my donor long term. Should I specifically tell docs I want homogeneous depletion, I plan to fit farm + keep a tight skin fade on the donor? 

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

@mustang I recall you saying your donor was below average, but still managed to get > 10k grafts out. I also see a lot of docs and posts saying 6 - 7k is about the max you can get from even an average donor. Not sure which is true - but can't deny your amazing results. 

Is fit farming the key to making this possible? As someone who also has poor donor, I'm trying to understand what to do to get the maximum number of grafts from my donor long term. Should I specifically tell docs I want homogeneous depletion, I plan to fit farm + keep a tight skin fade on the donor? 

My donor was bad for two reasons. 

1) my hair caliber was medium, I have hair that is quite thin naturally 

2) I had braids and dreadlocks for many years and it caused traction alopecia. I remember hundreds of hair being lost weekly every time I would do my braids again, maybe thousands. It eventually got too thin to even do them. Silly teen ager years.

After my fourth hair transplant Dr Keser told me your donor is finished. At that time I had the following surgeries; 

600 grafts - Dr Chueco 

650 grafts - Dr Keser

650 grafts - Feriduni 

450 grafts - Keser

So roughly 2.500 grafts and he said no more.

Couto was able to get another 1250 grafts and Lupanzula another 1250 the following years bringing it to 5.000

This was when I had the first 100 BHT into my donor and it worked.

I then decided to deplete homogeneously and had another 1800 taken by HLC….and 750 by Dra Vila 

I realized that as long as it looked thin everywhere I could retouch areas with BHT and SMP and continue.

Next year I’ll have my final surgery (hopefully 1.000 grafts) bringing the total to 12.500 or 13K

So 10.000 grafts after they told Me my donor was finished and donor looks almost pristine.

Go figure 

Edited by mustang
  • Like 2

Another 400 yesterday. 
This was all nape. Started at 4pm and finished at 8pm with a 30 minute break.

I have so much scar tissue in my donor they the anesthesia wasn’t working on surrounding areas so it was a bit painful today. Didn’t feel anything on the nape in contrast. 

Pictures of extractions, intra op and at 8PM

PRP was used for the recipient area and donor. 

6DFB4334-9096-4DC8-873A-5B930EF02F70.thumb.png.44f4a2b64d384ec844d0839a36110534.png

EEEABBD0-C248-4751-BC56-F9F9D3907EA3.thumb.png.fe53efb79a8f7aded247df1c3b219c4e.png368D03F5-20FD-4D23-9BA2-0D27398616FD.thumb.png.1770c6917151a3ed45b17e7ed5c7f576.png

F7F698BD-E339-4197-A4F2-4E581E88DE80.png

Edited by mustang

First punches were made but grafts were left inside, then incisions. This way the grafts are not disconnected from their blood supply until all the incisions are finished.

Then grafts were extracted and implanted.

Less than an hour outside of the body is my guess.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 10:32 AM, mustang said:

My donor was bad for two reasons. 

1) my hair caliber was medium, I have hair that is quite thin naturally 

2) I had braids and dreadlocks for many years and it caused traction alopecia. I remember hundreds of hair being lost weekly every time I would do my braids again, maybe thousands. It eventually got too thin to even do them. Silly teen ager years.

After my fourth hair transplant Dr Keser told me your donor is finished. At that time I had the following surgeries; 

600 grafts - Dr Chueco 

650 grafts - Dr Keser

650 grafts - Feriduni 

450 grafts - Keser

So roughly 2.500 grafts and he said no more.

Couto was able to get another 1250 grafts and Lupanzula another 1250 the following years bringing it to 5.000

This was when I had the first 100 BHT into my donor and it worked.

I then decided to deplete homogeneously and had another 1800 taken by HLC….and 750 by Dra Vila 

I realized that as long as it looked thin everywhere I could retouch areas with BHT and SMP and continue.

Next year I’ll have my final surgery (hopefully 1.000 grafts) bringing the total to 12.500 or 13K

So 10.000 grafts after they told Me my donor was finished and donor looks almost pristine.

Go figure 

wow, you went to so many reputable names; may i asked why you switched surgeons so often?

On 9/21/2023 at 7:41 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

wow, you went to so many reputable names; may i asked why you switched surgeons so often?

Cause most told me to wait 18 months between surgeries and I wanted to do them every 10 months.

I was a bit cheeky and told the next surgeon it had been 12 months.

It wasn't planned. I didn't know I would need so many surgeries, kept losing hair due to psoriasis or dermatitis from the front to the back and when in every year to fill those gaps.

36 minutes ago, SLA said:

Incredible- donor looks fine- like you simply got a buzz cut.

I think the PRP really made a big difference. Also the 0.7mm punch used on the nape.

400 grafts extracted and after 4 days you can't see anything, no scabs, no redness, nothing. Just a few pimples from the ingrown hairs from the previous surgery.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 6:42 AM, mustang said:

Here are the 50 BHT graft test next to the left ear

Pre-op

IMG-7134.png

4 months:

IMG-7133.png

I had wondered if nape hairs could be used as they are more of an aggravation if you keep shaved in that area anyway. Yours healed very nice.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:55 PM, mustang said:

20 days 

I think some of them retuned. I have the next session on the 20th with Dr Mwamba and will request for him to open them with a needle (with some local numbing) 

416A040B-47EC-4DE9-A5D6-C616DD743776.thumb.png.bb47f5c3247876c4ad0f5fb031d9e02a.png

Looks like ingrown hairs?

19 minutes ago, mustang said:

Cause most told me to wait 18 months between surgeries and I wanted to do them every 10 months.

I was a bit cheeky and told the next surgeon it had been 12 months.

It wasn't planned. I didn't know I would need so many surgeries, kept losing hair due to psoriasis or dermatitis from the front to the back and when in every year to fill those gaps.

Thats a lot