HT - Dr. Cinik clinic (2600 grafts) DHI

vanilia

I understand the hairline looks thin under harsh lighting conditions, and I am as conscious about my hair as you - but this can be easily fixed with around 700-1000 grafts or so.

Someone mentioned about doubles or triples in the hairline, and I notice them too. Basically a small rework to fix density and front 2 rows should give you the look you want. 

Apart from that your hair looks great, there is no visible balding. Maybe post pictures in bright light/flash on?

Edited by Captain Haddock

Is this a joke? I don't know too many people over 30 with hair this thick, especially in the front. Maybe take some photos outside in natural light? Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about. You might also want to experiment with different hairstyles. My hair is nowhere near this thick, and so I would never spike it up, but instead let it fall over my head naturally, which gives it much more coverage. Any lady who doesn't like you because of this hair isn't worth talking to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, Runandy said:

You received a great transplant and should be happy. Yes, you have psychological issues and need counseling, just like many other people. The root of your issues is not your hair, but it’s how you perceive your hair (or perceived lack of hair) and correlate that to your self worth. You should not of received a hair transplant to begin with, because any result would not satisfy you and you did not have realistic expectation. Dude look objectively at your hair and pretend it’s another person. You have a great head of hair and the last thing you should be thinking about now IS your hair. That’s kinda the whole point of a transplant.  It’s had the reverse effect on you due to your psychological condition, as it consumes you and you haven’t even been on a date which you pointed out is solely because of your hair. You’ve got to realize this is not healthy. In no way should you receive a refund or have a correction done for free. You can always make another appointment and pay full price for another transplant you don’t need, but I guarantee that unless you receive counseling, you will not be happy after your 2nd transplant either. You need to hear this. 

What this guy told you was excellent. In the future you could choose to throw in 3-400 grafts or something like that to add some density, but otherwise you had no hair there at all, and now you do. Enjoy 

• Thanks 1

Your hair density is fine. You have course hair and the transplanted area looks dense enough. You can never have the natural density of non-transplanted hair unless you have 80 or more grafts per cm sq. That is super hard to achieve with one operation and unnecessary when the donors are limited. Your expectation was set wrong in the beginning. Any transplanted hair even some of the non-transplanted ones look weak under harsh light.

If I need to criticize, I see two issues looking at your hairline:

- You could have more single grafts on the immediate hairline. 
- Your hairline at temple points could have been higher. 

D7BC394F-CACA-4E0A-B6F4-8C4FD149D34E.jpeg

BAB734FC-9CD8-42BD-BB10-6AF5B1B464FC.jpeg

5191BBFA-F3A2-4437-AEB1-6B47793430E0.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

hi guys, update: i wrote the clinic i am not happy with the result and they said my revision got approved and i can come for free retouch. What do you think, should i go there or rather go to another clinic (options would be Pekiner, if Cinic would give me money back or Cosmedica, since there one person i know got a very good result last year)? If they said they approved my revision does this mean i have a right to money back if i dont accept operation offer?

What do you think, how many grafts will they take to repair this?
Also one other question...if they take grafts in the first row to make the hairline more straight and place those grafts somewhere more back, do you see later something on the place in the front where they took the grafts? I mean the area that @Kaya marked on the photo. Not so much, but just to make it look more straight. 

1cc6e5ef-2510-4c25-8a91-7c7eef3ccbe8.jpg

6f2187ff-41e1-445c-9b17-66d035245fec.jpg

439ba40b-5813-4ede-b7e7-3bc765b80c84.jpg

7121878a-ee7e-4996-a2cf-f5341f5088f5.jpg

e8866637-be21-4fcc-afcc-e9c39cb31631.jpg

1adb145f-3140-44b9-9784-2d16d28a594c.jpg

a87560d7-bd0a-4ec0-87c0-788c2df0ecdf.jpg

Edited by vanilia

3 minutes ago, vanilia said:

hi guys, update: i wrote the clinic i am not happy with the result and they said my revision got approved and i can come for free retouch. What do you think, should i go there or rather go to another clinic (options would be Pekiner, if Cinic would give me money back or Cosmedica, since there one person i know got a very good result last year)? If they said they approved my revision does this mean i have a right to money back if i dont accept operation offer?

What do you think, how many grafts will they take to repair this?

1cc6e5ef-2510-4c25-8a91-7c7eef3ccbe8.jpg

6f2187ff-41e1-445c-9b17-66d035245fec.jpg

439ba40b-5813-4ede-b7e7-3bc765b80c84.jpg

7121878a-ee7e-4996-a2cf-f5341f5088f5.jpg

e8866637-be21-4fcc-afcc-e9c39cb31631.jpg

1adb145f-3140-44b9-9784-2d16d28a594c.jpg

a87560d7-bd0a-4ec0-87c0-788c2df0ecdf.jpg

I went back for a touch up of 1000 grafts with cinik in December (initial op was 1500 grafts).

I don't think they'll refund your money, they'll probably offer you a free 2nd op. I'd recommend taking it and asking for another 1500 grafts. Your hair is a lot thicker than mine so your 2nd op should give you the desired outcome! 

Its a numbers game the more grafts the better the result (I've had 4 ops and finally happy).

1500 seems a little much...i need some for the future i guess...

did you need to pay for hotel 2nd time now? did you have the same team of technicians as first time?

Edited by vanilia

Yes flight and accommodation I had to pay myself.

1500 seems a lot but its not, you've got plenty of donor hairs left so use them! And don't listen to people who tell you it's not possible to achieve a great result.. it is but like I said its a numbers game, the more grafts the better the result. 

I'm going to have to agree with what others have said, the truth can be a bitter pill to swallow. Other than the slight pluginess, which you don't seem to mind about, a person would have extremely unrealistic expectations to expect a greater density than you achieved in a one-pass. This appears to be a high yield result, with your hair characteristics mostly any man would appreciate that it is a very full head of hair. Quite honestly you had false expectations, and you clearly still do. Can more density be added in a second pass? Sure. Would 99,9% of people be satisfied with the result you have? Most probably. So have a think about that, when you are talking about how women see you and how you see yourself. Women are attracted to confidence, not to simply 100% dense hairlines. You can throw as many grafts as you want at it, but you would be well served to take a look at how you are seeing this, and throwing your self-image under the bus for no valid reason. Toughen up kid. 

They probably offered you the work for free because you seem greatly unsatisfied, which is good on their behalf, but I would personally not label it "repair" work. This is a touch-up. 

Edited by j1mmy
  • Like 3

Having skimmed through the thread, I don’t see any issues with yield. 

What you are experiencing is a comparison of transplanted density vs your native density in the forelock.

You can’t achieve native density in one pass, and this wasn’t the aim with your surgery. 

No more than 500 grafts in the transplanted areas should be sufficient enough to create the illusion in bringing this up to your standards - however I agree the slight plugginess and flat temple connection would be a more understandable concern, however overall I think you look good, and would class this as a pretty ok result. 

• Like 2

I’d be intrigued to see it dry. Having reviewed your pictures again, even the temple connectors don’t look bad when your hair is styled as it is . . However in the post ops they look a bit too straight/flat. 

You have a great head of hair. Try to enjoy it man. 

• Like 2

Cinik vs Pekiner? There's no comparison there, even if Cinik is offering it for free.

Go to Pekiner. Pay for it. Improve the hairline and density. You won't need more than 1,000 grafts, probably. 

• Like 1

I agree with @MachoVato,  then, considering that rightly you are particularly demanding, (yours, however, was not a difficult intervention, in my opinion Pekiner would have done it with his eyes closed), I advise you to do a little  economic effort (1000 follicular units would cost you more or less 2500/2600 €) and to go to Pekiner.

Edited by Egy

Honestly i don't see the space where you need to add additional hair. At this stage it is always a risk in my opinion to operate between existing hairs. Even the fact of risk of shock loss and the small risk that some hair could be damaged during the procedure (which should not happen)

My honest advice: Actually your hair is your last problem -  but your self conficende is. You can have two more transplants and you are still weak on self confidence if you don't change your mindset!

You hair looks great and i think everybody on this forum would put a signature underneath for having a current situation like yours!

Edited by Rocketman1
  • Like 1

Why is everyone knocking this man's confidence! I'm sure he knows his hair better than us.  If he wants to get more density and improve his hairline let him! He didn't ask for self confidence advice, he asked for advice on his hairline. Everyone gets a hair transplant for superficial reasons unless I'm wrong?

• Like 1

I agree, but i think it is the responsibility of each user in here to give besto possible advive also from an ethical point of view. And if something is on the fence from being natural of becomeing unnatural i feel responible to share my opinion.

Of course everybody is free to do whatever he wants. I just want to make him aware of the fact that ceretain doctors maybe don't care about what i said and will just take the money and do the surgery.

I'm not knocking this man's confidence, but just trying to let him understand that this seems to be the nature of the problem and not the status of the hair in order to let him avoid surgical fast desided action which could be regret afterwards.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:07 AM, XabiAlonso123 said:

Why is everyone knocking this man's confidence! I'm sure he knows his hair better than us.  If he wants to get more density and improve his hairline let him! He didn't ask for self confidence advice, he asked for advice on his hairline. Everyone gets a hair transplant for superficial reasons unless I'm wrong?

Probably because if he's losing his hair and using grafts on things like this he's doomed long term? What's he going to do down the line when he can't fill in the crown because he's got 6k grafts in his front/mid section? 

The vast majority of people on here would consider that surgery a home run. 

Edited by TrialAcc