HT - Dr. Cinik clinic (2600 grafts) DHI

vanilia

5 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

Probably because if he's losing his hair and using grafts on things like this he's doomed long term? What's he going to do down the line when he can't fill in the crown because he's got 6k grafts in his front/mid section? 

The vast majority of people on here would consider that surgery a home run. 

From personal experience this argument frustrates me.

He isn't going to use 6k, at most it will be 2500 plus another 1000 to improve it (if he goes for the 2nd operation).

People on these forums accept mediocrity as an acceptable outcome, maybe he wants better than mediocre! 

I've heard all these arguments myself and from personal experience after 4 operations I'm glad I personally didn't listen to them as my hairline now is where I envisaged it! 

5 hours ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

From personal experience this argument frustrates me.

He isn't going to use 6k, at most it will be 2500 plus another 1000 to improve it (if he goes for the 2nd operation).

People on these forums accept mediocrity as an acceptable outcome, maybe he wants better than mediocre! 

I've heard all these arguments myself and from personal experience after 4 operations I'm glad I personally didn't listen to them as my hairline now is where I envisaged it! 

It's highly selfish and biased of you to view this from a personal experience. Obviously this next procedure isn't going to consume 6k grafts, but if/when the forelock/middle goes its going to take ~3k+ to fill it and the middle front density will have to match the temples. Then he's at 6k+. What if his donor supply is 7k? 1k left to fill in the entire crown and possibly sides if hes an advanced NW? 

If you had the grafts to get aggressive and design a dream hairline then that's awesome that you were a perfect candidate. Most people are not NW1 hairline HT candidates. It's not that people accept mediocrity either, it's that people with advanced hairloss have no choice but to accept it because there is literally no other option. 

Edited by TrialAcc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TrialAcc said:

It's highly selfish and biased of you to view this from a personal experience. Obviously this next procedure isn't going to consume 6k grafts, but if/when the forelock/middle goes its going to take ~3k+ to fill it and the middle front density will have to match the temples. Then he's at 6k+. What if his donor supply is 7k? 1k left to fill in the entire crown and possibly sides if hes an advanced NW? 

If you had the grafts to get aggressive and design a dream hairline then that's awesome that you were a perfect candidate. Most people are not NW1 hairline HT candidates. It's not that people accept mediocrity either, it's that people with advanced hairloss have no choice but to accept it because there is literally no other option. 

And your opinion is free of bias? Lighten up and stop predicting the worst case scenario. Alternatively he could add some more density and be happy with his results or is that implausible...

33 minutes ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

And your opinion is free of bias? Lighten up and stop predicting the worst case scenario. Alternatively he could add some more density and be happy with his results or is that implausible...

You've had 4 procedures and haven't learned that hair transplants 99% revolve around planning for the worst case scenario?  Otherwise every single HT patient would be getting 5k+ grafts into their front section. 

I'm not saying my opinion is free of bias, but there is a reason the number 1 thing quoted around here is that hair transplants are about setting realistic expectations. You called it mediocrity, but the different between filling in that hairline to near perfect density and having a bald crown for the rest of your life could be the difference in that 1k~ grafts. That's why it makes sense to develop plans with surgeons to address possible worse case scenarios. 

12 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

You've had 4 procedures and haven't learned that hair transplants 99% revolve around planning for the worst case scenario?  Otherwise every single HT patient would be getting 5k+ grafts into their front section. 

I'm not saying my opinion is free of bias, but there is a reason the number 1 thing quoted around here is that hair transplants are about setting realistic expectations. You called it mediocrity, but the different between filling in that hairline to near perfect density and having a bald crown for the rest of your life could be the difference in that 1k~ grafts. That's why it makes sense to develop plans with surgeons to address possible worse case scenarios. 

You've called my opinion biased and selfish and now imply I haven't learned anything from 4 hair transplants.. please do continue. Where did you get the 99% stat from? 

I tell you what I've learned (if you're willing to listen and not just want to be told you're right)

- you don't have to settle for mediocrity if you pay enough and have enough grafts (and this patient clearly has an abundant supply looking at the pictures)

- 1 operation probably won't be enough, you'll need touch ups

- it's ok to not be happy with a result we are all superficial and want better (human nature)

- you can use beard grafts to cover the scalp so don't need to rely on side donor hair

- with the right treatment you can stop balding (minoxidil/finasteride/peppermint oil/rosemary oil etc) so don't always need to plan for worst case scenarios 

Edited by XabiAlonso123

• 2 weeks later...

Since i didnt get answer first time i will ask again: if they take grafts in the first row (red marked area) to make the hairline more straight and place those grafts somewhere more backwards, do you see later some scars on the place in the front where they took the grafts out? First picture i did my hair to the right side and second picture is to the other side...you see it looks strange.

178179771_1133677880438429_6724306675008014109_n.jpg

178761836_464230064811204_2029922165317641652_n.jpg

I know some people have had grafts removed from the hairline in repair cases. But it is not common. Of course, there will be scarring. You have light skin so maybe it will be minor, even though it looks like a lot of grafts. And you seem to be looking for a perfect hairline, you don't want to add permanent scars.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why some clinics say that 1500x grafts is maximum for 1 session DHI, and some clinics offer even  4k grafts, but sure in  2 days splited?

In contact with some clinics, most of them try convince potential customer that FUE is best option, even is well known by DHI generates more natural look, and sure DHI is more expensive, looks like some clinics lack of experienced staff with DHI HT method, and then whole time say FUE is better, i don't see some advance of FUE, else more grafts at 1 session possible to transplant...

Would like hear your opinion, or OP what dr. Cinic was opinion for more than 1500 graft by DHI, as many clinics in Turkey reject DHI with more than 1500 grafts, but say, 1st session 1500 , and in 12 months, new 1500x grafts by DHI.