Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yeah this Is a real bummer .. i don’t think doctor diep is good at extractions . His main skills are incisions and artistic approach to creating the hairlines .. its this very reason why I was  weary about getting surgery done with him .. negligent about donor preservation ..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

Instead of encouraging a member, you guys are causing him unnecessary stress. How can extracting 1,300 grafts be carelss donor management? Like seriously guys there’s clinics that extract 4,000-5,000 you’re claiming 1,300 is bad donor management.

Look I understand extracting from one side is not the norm, but at this point you guys keep harping on it and making BLM worry when you guys should be wishing him the best. Dr. Diep, may not be everyone’s favorite surgeon and that’s fine. However, there’s no doubt in his skill I’m a walking testament and countless others on this board. My donor looked rough in the beginning too and now it looks way better. Let things heal and get to normal. 

Another patient that was repaired by Dr. Diep with life changing results. He wasn’t happy until 12 months, but by 12 months his hair was ridiculously good.

 

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

Instead of encouraging a member, you guys are causing him unnecessary stress. How can extracting 1,300 grafts be carelss donor management? Like seriously guys there’s clinics that extract 4,000-5,000 you’re claiming 1,300 is bad donor management.

Look I understand extracting from one side is not the norm, but at this point you guys keep harping on it and making BLM worry when you guys should be wishing him the best. Dr. Diep, may not be everyone’s favorite surgeon and that’s fine. However, there’s no doubt in his skill I’m a walking testament and countless others on this board. My donor looked rough in the beginning too and now it looks way better. Let things heal and get to normal. 

Another patient that was repaired by Dr. Diep with life changing results. He wasn’t happy until 12 months, but by 12 months his hair was ridiculously good.

 

I think it's so unusual for grafts to be removed just from one side that maybe an explanation form Dr Diep would explain his reason for extracting the grafts in this manner n certain cases if for nothing else I'm sure anyone considering him for work would like clarification on  the matter .

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mick50 said:

I think it's so unusual for grafts to be removed just from one side that maybe an explanation form Dr Diep would explain his reason for extracting the grafts in this manner n certain cases if for nothing else I'm sure anyone considering him for work would like clarification on  the matter .

I can definitely reach out to Dr. Diep, so he can respond. In the meantime, let's show BLM some encouragement. Obviously, being a repair patient already is hard enough.

Guys, at this point we understand some of you don't agree with the harvesting, it's been said over and over again. That's fine, everyone should voice their opinion. However, at this point we should also be saying things like "hope everything turns out well" "happy growing". Aside from the donor harvesting, the work looks clean and refined and based on Dr. Diep's, consistent results, I see no reason why BLM should have to worry especially a few weeks post-op.

  • Like 2

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I can definitely reach out to Dr. Diep, so he can respond. In the meantime, let's show BLM some encouragement. Obviously, being a repair patient already is hard enough.

Guys, at this point we understand some of you don't agree with the harvesting, it's been said over and over again. That's fine, everyone should voice their opinion. However, at this point we should also be saying things like "hope everything turns out well" "happy growing". Aside from the donor harvesting, the work looks clean and refined and based on Dr. Diep's, consistent results, I see no reason why BLM should have to worry especially a few weeks post-op.

Appreciate the response Melvin.

I definitely think hearing Dr. Diep's reasoning would help resolve this discussion. I've also reached out to the clinic via email with a link to this thread so hopefully he can chime in regarding the methodology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, not to completely derail the "your donor is fucked" circle jerk,but I was watching the Wolf of Wall Street this weekend and noticed that Dicaprio's hairline is also asymmetrical despite being his natural hairline.

Further, corroborates Melvin's earlier point (though in a less exaggerated picture).

image.png.0bb44e4077861619a5c14a869b61dc98.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, most natural hairlines are crooked in some way: Some more, some less. 

Mine is too, and the one from the "hair god" is as well:

 

jake-gyllenhaal-slick.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people love to say Dr. Diep destroys donor areas but in reality after say the first few weeks the holes really contract back to normal and there are really no signs of any visible scarring. I recently had a consultation with Dr. Diep on why he uses .9-1.0 mm punch sizes and his thorough explanation makes complete sense and leaves me no doubt in his skills, experience, and knowledge.

In addition, with literally all of his patients videos where he shows the donor area it literally looks untouched....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Honestly, most natural hairlines are crooked in some way: Some more, some less. 

Mine is too, and the one from the "hair god" is as well:

 

jake-gyllenhaal-slick.jpg

Some of the best hair in Hollywood, I actually like a slight widows peak.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Some of the best hair in Hollywood, I actually like a slight widows peak.

Guy has great hair ,but the entertainer who trumped them all in my opinion was David Bowie he could grow it long ,short and or spike it right up to his sad demise , think his hairline was pretty regular  but I'm sure there would have been minor irregularities  as there always is in nature 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 2:19 AM, shookwon33 said:

A lot of people love to say Dr. Diep destroys donor areas but in reality after say the first few weeks the holes really contract back to normal and there are really no signs of any visible scarring. I recently had a consultation with Dr. Diep on why he uses .9-1.0 mm punch sizes and his thorough explanation makes complete sense and leaves me no doubt in his skills, experience, and knowledge.

In addition, with literally all of his patients videos where he shows the donor area it literally looks untouched....

Care to share that explanation with the rest of us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 12 update Boyos,

Overall I think I'm healing quite well. Still a bit more redness than I would like, especially in the donor, but lessening each day. Been applying the ointment 3x/day (to the donor only) per the post-op instructions,  eating a high protein/high vegetable diet, and taking biotin each day so hoping these are helping. 

Went out today without a hat (not purposefully, just forgot it) and no one seemed to notice/care so I think it's at least passable at this point (i.e., maybe a second glance here and there but not much more than that).

Hoping for big improvements by next Monday when I'm back at the office. Also, have a date Thursday and a really fucking hot date this weekend so big improvements by then would also be very welcome.

Donor (soft lighting)

image.png.d7e514effa127757b4a31544cba8f3bb.png

Donor (harsh lighting)

image.png.640cce363f3b52ba720eacc458d73df9.png

Recipient

image.png.1156dc3e936bf3bc1e44649f2fdd682c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Day 12 update Boyos,

Overall I think I'm healing quite well. Still a bit more redness than I would like, especially in the donor, but lessening each day. Been applying the ointment 3x/day (to the donor only) per the post-op instructions,  eating a high protein/high vegetable diet, and taking biotin each day so hoping these are helping. 

Went out today without a hat (not purposefully, just forgot it) and no one seemed to notice/care so I think it's at least passable at this point (i.e., maybe a second glance here and there but not much more than that).

Hoping for big improvements by next Monday when I'm back at the office. Also, have a date Thursday and a really fucking hot date this weekend so big improvements by then would also be very welcome.

Donor (soft lighting)

image.png.d7e514effa127757b4a31544cba8f3bb.png

Donor (harsh lighting)

image.png.640cce363f3b52ba720eacc458d73df9.png

Recipient

image.png.1156dc3e936bf3bc1e44649f2fdd682c.png

Looking good dude, honestly your donor is looking pretty good. Obviously, it's a little reddish, but doesn't look horrible like many made it seem. haha my man living the single life like me, bumble, hinge, tinder or all of the above lol.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looking good dude, honestly your donor is looking pretty good. Obviously, it's a little reddish, but doesn't look horrible like many made it seem. haha my man living the single life like me, bumble, hinge, tinder or all of the above lol.

Haha I bet you're loving that swipe life with your new mop! Better invite Dr. Diep to your wedding lol.

I was going to hold off on dates for a few weeks but this girl matched and opened me on bumble so it wasn't really an option to delay cuz of the 24 hour limit thing.

Feel like these apps would be awful for a NW4+. Whales and single moms only.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, 

I became single over a year ago, it had been years since I was single. I remember I was balding when I met my ex and she was with me for all my procedures, so it was comforting in a way.

But I’ve never felt this confident ever before, last time I had this appearance of hair I was in my late teens. I can honestly say the hair transplants helped immensely in all facets of my life. Haha yea I owe Diep an invitation for sure lol. Happy growing man keep us updated. Also, might wanna throw some couvre on the donor just a tad to cover the redness.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I can honestly say the hair transplants helped immensely in all facets of my life. 

I think this is an often overlooked point and one worth repeating as I've noticed similar benefits in my professional life. 

I know in another thread you made the comment that people don't think twice about buying a $15-20K car but treat a hair transplant like it's a luxury expense only afforded to rich people, rather than an investment in oneself.

In my case, the confidence I had from my "full head of hair" (largely Dermatch and Toppik smoke and mirrors) allowed me to push much harder during a recent salary negotiation at work because I was confident enough to interview other places and leverage offers against each other. I ended up getting over a 20% raise which more than paid for my procedure. 

If we simply define anything that can or will provide future income as an asset I think there's a strong case to be made for a hair transplant being an investment in an income-generating asset rather than a luxury expense. Not to mention all the other, non-financial benefits that a hair transplant has (e.g., more confidence in social settings, better dating options, etc.)

Rant over.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha you’re a brave man going on dates so soon after a HT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nb98 said:

Haha you’re a brave man going on dates so soon after a HT

agreed lol. I feel like i wouldn't be able to until like at least 5 months after or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, shookwon33 said:

A lot of people love to say Dr. Diep destroys donor areas but in reality after say the first few weeks the holes really contract back to normal and there are really no signs of any visible scarring. I recently had a consultation with Dr. Diep on why he uses .9-1.0 mm punch sizes and his thorough explanation makes complete sense and leaves me no doubt in his skills, experience, and knowledge.

In addition, with literally all of his patients videos where he shows the donor area it literally looks untouched....

No visible scarring? All surgery FUE/FUSS has visible scarring, if you know different let us know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

agreed lol. I feel like i wouldn't be able to until like at least 5 months after or something

I'm just gonna wear a hat.

If she asks me to take it off I'll jokingly accuse her of trying to undress me on the first date lol.

Gotta be prepared.

Image result for black guy think gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A hat on a date? Hope you’re going somewhere casual ha. 

This is the reason I had a partial shave so I wouldn’t become a hermit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×