1700 Grafts with Dr. Diep

40 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There was this one thread, where a guy pretty much had a gash like that on his head a few weeks after surgery. He came back and reported after a year with excellent growth and said that area had hair. If I can find it I will post it on here.

Yeah dude, if you can find the thread it would be much appreciated. 

There was a time in my 4 months post-op even when I hit my head really hard on the car where the grafts were planted. Everything grew fantastic still.
So I don't think so this is going to affect you buddy @baldlivesmatter . 
I think you are having great results and travelled a long path , keep up the strong results.
Cheers. 

• Like 1

Appreciate the encouraging words fellas.

Head seemed to heal up pretty well after the incident so don't think there will be any issues in recipient area.

Here are 6 month pics:

Top (harsh lighting)

image.png.1154700ea0baf5a93e279d527edbc534.png

Front (harsh)

image.png.f61ad70ac92af15311de355f938e284c.png

Right donor (harsh)

image.png.aa503218715904fe66f522b2beb4d6c2.png

Left donor (harsh)

image.png.1de23f03ea2d832a53a422e089ffc73e.png

Right donor (soft)

image.png.d3680b3ff85c980d8de75877630465dd.png

Left donor (soft)

image.png.807a4a4e8dae8e07208196f1b0573aa5.png

Overhead (soft)

image.png.21255448b6aaf7b81af350ce976c7dbf.png

Frontal (soft)

image.png.8de183ba28ecbe6e7136d2ccd48a4cac.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

I see what you mean about the left side looking thin, but it looks like you have a thin spot on the right side as well, is this from your first surgery? Could it be that you have some minor retrograde alopecia? Because aside from that spot above your ear, everything else appears to have healed well. The recipient looks great, and you will continue to see growth and improvements. I can see the hairs are frizzy and that will begin to subside around the 10th-12th month.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I see what you mean about the left side looking thin, but it looks like you have a thin spot on the right side as well, is this from your first surgery? Could it be that you have some minor retrograde alopecia? Because aside from that spot above your ear, everything else appears to have healed well. The recipient looks great, and you will continue to see growth and improvements. I can see the hairs are frizzy and that will begin to subside around the 10th-12th month.

Yeah, I'm stoked on the recipient growth and would be happy even if it was done growing (which I don't think is the case).

Never heard of retro alopecia but definitely a possibility. I emailed the clinic to see what Dr Diep thinks.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Yeah, I'm stoked on the recipient growth and would be happy even if it was done growing (which I don't think is the case).

Never heard of retro alopecia but definitely a possibility. I emailed the clinic to see what Dr Diep thinks.

Yea, I mean I'm definitely not saying that you have retrograde alopecia for sure, but the fact that both sides are thin leads me to believe that you may have it. It's not uncommon, I think I have it to some extent as well, even before I had surgery the portion above my ear was thin.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I hope that the spot above your ear is shockloss.  Based on the photo of your donor posted on January 4th, I think the extractions were not done well and that adjacent follicles were casualties of the FUE.  This is just my opinion based on the photos you have posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Fellas,

Really happy with how the recipient is looking.

Feel like a new man with a huge confidence boost. Rarely think of my hair, and never in a self-conscious manner.

Perhaps outside the scope of this forum, but now that my hair is "fixed" curious if anyone has any advice or suggestions of places to learn about 1) Social skills/dynamics/etc. 2) Fashion/Style.

I recently read The Game and Mystery Method--which were IMO a good start for number 1 (though they're more geared toward dating than general social dynamics, though helpful for both). Number 2 I'm pretty clueless, though I'm recruiting the help of some female friends to help turn my swag up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Fellas,

Feel like a new man with a huge confidence boost. Rarely think of my hair, and never in a self-conscious manner.

Perhaps outside the scope of this forum, but now that my hair is "fixed" curious if anyone has any advice or suggestions of places to learn about 1) Social skills/dynamics/etc. 2) Fashion/Style.

I recently read The Game and Mystery Method--which were IMO a good start for number 1 (though they're more geared toward dating than general social dynamics, though helpful for both). Number 2 I'm pretty clueless, though I'm recruiting the help of some female friends to help turn my swag up.

For fashion i like Aaron Marino (Alpha M), Jose Zuniga (Teaching men’s fashion) and Alex Costa. Pretty solid fashion advice if you wanna look trendy and fashionable. 

Mind posting your go-to outfit, I think my fashion sense is decent lol. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Also, man super happy that your results turned out great. Gratifying feeling to see how much you’ve improved.

• Like 1

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

For fashion i like Aaron Marino (Alpha M), Jose Zuniga (Teaching men’s fashion) and Alex Costa. Pretty solid fashion advice if you wanna look trendy and fashionable. 

Mind posting your go-to outfit, I think my fashion sense is decent lol. 

Perfect! I added all 3 of those dudes on insta. I think looking through their pages will help.

Here's a convo i had with a friend on my go-to outfit:

Her: Hmmm what's your personal style like

Me: I usually just wear a solid color vneck and Old Navy shorts (or jeans if it's cooler).

Her: Oh lord

So, yeah--maybe Old Navy isn't the way to go? Planning to hit up the mall tonight (Nordstrom, H&M, etc.) but want to have an idea of stuff to get before going.

I'm thinking some better casual shoes (e.g., vans instead of my usual nike running shoes) and some less boring shirts--possibly button ups, is probably a good start.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Perfect! I added all 3 of those dudes on insta. I think looking through their pages will help.

Here's a convo i had with a friend on my go-to outfit:

Her: Hmmm what's your personal style like

Me: I usually just wear a solid color vneck and Old Navy shorts (or jeans if it's cooler).

Her: Oh lord

So, yeah--maybe Old Navy isn't the way to go? Planning to hit up the mall tonight (Nordstrom, H&M, etc.) but want to have an idea of stuff to get before going.

I'm thinking some better casual shoes (e.g., vans instead of my usual nike running shoes) and some less boring shirts--possibly button ups, is probably a good start.

I mean old navy v necks aren’t terrible for keeping it casual, but definitely not a going out shirt. H&M is decent, Express has  some nice shirts( bit pricey though). Check out the G for Guess app. They’re trendy, good quality and fairly affordable. What kind of shorts do you rock? Please don’t say cargo shorts lol. 

View my thread

• Administrators

This are some solid outfits. Nice fitting neutral colors. The jean fit and shirt combo make the outfit.

E8DDB507-991C-4102-A8D5-4376D6D08AC6.png

A3824C5C-4FBA-4C04-AB53-9D93A4DC20E0.png

• Thanks 1

View my thread

@Melvin-Moderator I really like that 2nd shirt. I need more shirts like that since I only have polos and dress shirts for work and tees for home. Need an in-between for social events.

Might buy some better casual shoes too as the Nike running shoes aren't cutting it, but can't wear my work shoes with shorts. Maybe some Vans or something.

Alright boys, off to the mall--wish me luck!

50 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Fellas,

The Game is mental masturbation for incels and people who worship Jordan Peterson.. Just be yourself bro, the truth is the easiest thing to remember after all , you seem like a pretty funny guy with a good sense of humor, why are you taking tips from some charlatan bullshit artist. 

2 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Fellas,

Awesome! Happy for ya man!

In regards to your 2 ask for suggestions, I’m not a fan of “self-help” gurus I believe in being yourself...but I do like some of the stuff I’ve heard/seen/read from Gary Vaynerchuk and even some Tony Robbins stuff.

As for clothing/style, check out some reasonable men’s clothing online subscription services like Stitch Fix Men, Trunk Club, Gentleman’s Box. I also like some of the GQ YouTube channels men’s style transformations by Tom Ford if ya wanna get real classy haha.

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Thanks 1

Man it feels like just yesterday I followed your thread on the day of your surgery and  you're already pleased with your results at 6 months. Makes me excited and nervous at the same time. In 2 days will be my 2 month post op and man this has really been testing my patience. Maybe I should stop looking in the mirror. I am sitting like an ugly duckling right now lolol. But yeah man I'm so glad I've been able to start lifting again. I took off like 7 weeks after the HT to be absolutely sure I'm safe from working out. Now that I'm easing back into my regime again im feeling confident again =]

18 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

Man it feels like just yesterday I followed your thread on the day of your surgery and  you're already pleased with your results at 6 months. Makes me excited and nervous at the same time. In 2 days will be my 2 month post op and man this has really been testing my patience. Maybe I should stop looking in the mirror. I am sitting like an ugly duckling right now lolol. But yeah man I'm so glad I've been able to start lifting again. I took off like 7 weeks after the HT to be absolutely sure I'm safe from working out. Now that I'm easing back into my regime again im feeling confident again =]

Yeah dude those first months are really tough, but you're through the worst part.

I'd suggest setting a 3 month goal for your lifting routine and focusing all that extra energy on making your goal. Then in 3 months you'll have nice hair and be ripped 💪🏻

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, CosmoKramer said:

Awesome! Happy for ya man!

In regards to your 2 ask for suggestions, I’m not a fan of “self-help” gurus I believe in being yourself...but I do like some of the stuff I’ve heard/seen/read from Gary Vaynerchuk and even some Tony Robbins stuff.

As for clothing/style, check out some reasonable men’s clothing online subscription services like Stitch Fix Men, Trunk Club, Gentleman’s Box. I also like some of the GQ YouTube channels men’s style transformations by Tom Ford if ya wanna get real classy haha.

I love Tony Robbins! He's got a lot of good stuff.

I think "self help" gets a bad name and view it more as self development.

Social skills IMO are just like any other skill. Consistent practice leads to improvements. 

The stuff I've learned recently is by no means groundbreaking, but by focusing on being more playful, better story teller, smiling more, etc. I've noticed a big difference in my day-to-day interactions. 

PS--thanks for the style guide! I've been lettin' bands go at the mall recently so probably need to pull back a bit (then agian i just spent $15K on hair lol)

• Like 1