1700 Grafts with Dr. Diep

Thanks for continuing to post this.  Unlike many, I didnt start doing heavy research until after and this thread has really helped me.

I got my FUE by Dr. Diep (2,043 grafts) about 10 days ago.  Also right to left.   

I was concerned because my donor area looks pulverized....like way more surface area than most other pictures I see of 3k+ grafts.  My right side especially.  It's actually very similar to yours.  I love how your hairline is growing in, which is very encouraging to me.  However, your right side still looks a bit sparse, which worries me because mine looks the same as yours did on day 1, post wash.

I have 7 days until I have to go into the office and a client meeting on that day....so a bit concerned of the donor redness.... especially considering you couldn't cover it with dermatch... 

Progress is looking real good man, but to be quite honest with you, at over 5 months now your right donor side should have recovered better that it has, if it wasn’t “over harvested”, that’s concerning but if it doesn’t improve over the next 3-months, I personally would be upset that extractions weren’t done more spread out when the option was there to do so.

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Wow 😮 5 months is looking amazing. Damn you’ve come a long way. I don’t think your donor looks bad, sure it’s slightly thinner above your ear, but that’s not abnormal for a lot of guys.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Progress is looking real good man, but to be quite honest with you, at over 5 months now your right donor side should have recovered better that it has, if it wasn’t “over harvested”, that’s concerning but if it doesn’t improve over the next 3-months, I personally would be upset that extractions weren’t done more spread out when the option was there to do so.

Appreciate the candor and also a fan of another Seinfeld avatar lol.

I agree with you, I'm not fully satisfied at this point due to the donor area looking sparse.

Very happy with recipient progress though.

If donor heals up a bit more I would be over the moon.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

@baldlivesmatter wow looking fantastic. no concealers in the pics at all? do you use any product to style your hair in that pic to keep it up? 

Thanks dude!

Per @Melvin-Moderator's suggestion i started using minoxidil foam twice a day.

I've found the foam works like a mouse so i don't need other product in my hair.

I would recommend you add into your routine around the 1 month mark (if i remember right i added around 6 weeks post-op)

5 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Appreciate the candor and also a fan of another Seinfeld avatar lol.

I agree with you, I'm not fully satisfied at this point due to the donor area looking sparse.

Very happy with recipient progress though.

If donor heals up a bit more I would be over the moon.

Likewise, yada yada yada 😉

Yeah, other than the slightly thin right donor side, everything looks great. 👍🏻

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow 😮 5 months is looking amazing. Damn you’ve come a long way. I don’t think your donor looks bad, sure it’s slightly thinner above your ear, but that’s not abnormal for a lot of guys.

The voice of reason--as usual ;)

After reading your comment I remembered that after my first surgery I had some shock loss above the ear on the right side (picture below).

I didn't really monitor it but i'm assuming it grew back good enough that I never noticed it again so that's reassuring.

image.png.b9f3b374e42538b42072c52a14bc7429.png

• Administrators

@baldlivesmatter

We are our worst critics. I don't think anyone would even notice that spot tbh.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

It’s interesting to me that Dr Diep has recently started doing videos showcasing pre-op shaved donor regions on his patients who are back for another procedure with him in his YouTube videos, I wonder if that is a result of the critique of him harvesting from one-side more than another.....hmmmm.

Nevertheless, his results speak for themselves and I give him credit for doing the videos rather than stay silent and ignore the critique.

Edited by CosmoKramer

BLD has a failed transplant before that left his donor fukked up .. if he’s able to get his hairline fixed with 1700 grafts , n repair what the first transplant wasnt able to achieve .. It’s a success .. ur growth looks great right now bld.. n ur native hair looks strong n full ... I think u going to have a great result man .. I’m pretty sure of it actually by looking at ur pics n progress .. best wishes :)  

Look at the photos of baldlivesmatter's donor area, taken within the first couple of days of surgery and within seven days of surgery, and compare them to the same photos of the donor areas of patients of Drs. Konior and Bisanga.  It's fairly obvious what is happening in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

BLD has a failed transplant before that left his donor fukked up .. if he’s able to get his hairline fixed with 1700 grafts , n repair what the first transplant wasnt able to achieve .. It’s a success .. ur growth looks great right now bld.. n ur native hair looks strong n full ... I think u going to have a great result man .. I’m pretty sure of it actually by looking at ur pics n progress .. best wishes :) 

Okay, that’s a fair point in regards to the first unsuccessful ht and damaged donor, but why then was that donor area then harvested by Dr Diep for his 2nd ht?....that’s also a fair question, imo.

Edited by CosmoKramer

Quite honestly,  what are u guys trying to do .. it’s someone’s hair man .. n his hair is better than urs .. so chill out n relax dudes ..it’s one thing to say stuff n want to critique .. but at the same time think about what u saying ? What’s ur purpose ? R u trying to make him feel bad? His little bald area on the side is a lot better than ur norwood 5-6 u been  living with ..  just cuz u got some coverage on ur head now  don’t mean it looks good . It’s just better than what u had before .. so relax . N stop being keyboard warriors .. We growing hair here bro .. it’s a struggle ..  the last thing anyone want is for others to be negative about it when the growth has just begun .picking on little minor details , when the main result is the most important .. but I do agree . Doctor diep could of planned the extraction better .. but do u want him to do it or the tech ? There’s a reason he gets more coverage with less grafts .. 

11 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Quite honestly,  what are u guys trying to do .. it’s someone’s hair man .. n his hair is better than urs .. so chill out n relax dudes ..it’s one thing to say stuff n want to critique .. but at the same time think about what u saying ? What’s ur purpose ? R u trying to make him feel bad? His little bald area on the side is a lot better than ur norwood 5-6 u been  living with ..  just cuz u got some coverage on ur head now  don’t mean it looks good . It’s just better than what u had before .. so relax . N stop being keyboard warriors .. We growing hair here bro .. it’s a struggle ..  the last thing anyone want is for others to be negative about it when the growth has just begun .picking on little minor details , when the main result is the most important .. but I do agree . Doctor diep could of planned the extraction better .. but do u want him to do it or the tech ? There’s a reason he gets more coverage with less grafts .. 

I’m not critiquing @baldlivesmatter, or his progress of the recipient growth, I’m critiquing the fact that the donor zone issue, which by the way You also did as well, just go back an read your own posts....”making him feel bad” lmao. 

When did you become so sensitive? For a guy who’s been blunt and pretty critical on many posts I’ve seen of yours, it’s very hypocritical...just saying.

And...the irony of you criticizing criticism while in the same post you  criticize lmao.

By the way, I don’t really see anyone being a “keyboard warrior” on this thread other than yourself, which is funny. I guess the only opinion someone should comment must be only praise. Lol.

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Like 1

dude cosmo don’t speak to me directly.. I don’t know u . N I wish u the best in life . I come on occasionally just to reply n comment on things .: I got offended cuz BLD was offended by ur attitude on his thread .. that’s all bro .. relax . Maybe ur opinion ain’t needed at times ;) 

1 minute ago, Legend007 said:

dude cosmo don’t speak to me directly.. I don’t know u . N I wish u the best in life . I come on occasionally just to reply n comment on things .: I got offended cuz BLD was offended by ur attitude on his thread .. that’s all bro .. relax . Maybe ur opinion ain’t needed at times ;)

Dude, you’re being passive aggressive. I also don’t know you and wish the best for you as well but it’s a joke that you go on to post a comment on how not to criticize and “try to make feel bad” others when you just did exactly that in the same post. It’s highly ironic.

Well, if find it pretty funny that you have to speak for someone else and you took offense on someone else’s taking offense like you claim. It didn’t sound like BLM was offended by my comments when he stated that he ‘appreciated my candor’ and I don’t know how curiously commenting on the doctors donor method is offensive and praising the growth progress but if @baldlivesmatter found it offensive then I apologize to him.

And for your last comment on “relax” and “your comment ain’t needed” you should take your own advice as well on that too.

• Administrators

Guys,

You have beat the "donor" horse to death. He's already at 5 months with good growth. His donor looks normal aside from a very small patch above his ear, and that's not even a big deal IMO. The fact is that his hairline is looking killer at 5 months, he no longer has to wear concealer. He's already winning and has achieved success.

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Was going to post 6 month pics tomorrow but while I was out trail running today I managed to wack my head on a branch.

It had a pretty sharp point so it punched a small hole in my recipient area (pic below).

Obviously not thrilled about this.

I came home immediately, showered, and applied some neosporin.

Plan is to increase protein consumption and get a bit more sleep to hopefully help it heal up faster.

image.png.fb140772bf554c5631a996e8a2c76eff.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Hey Guys,

Was going to post 6 month pics tomorrow but while I was out trail running today I managed to wack my head on a branch.

It had a pretty sharp point so it punched a small hole in my recipient area (pic below).

Obviously not thrilled about this.

I came home immediately, showered, and applied some neosporin.

Plan is to increase protein consumption and get a bit more sleep to hopefully help it heal up faster.

image.png.fb140772bf554c5631a996e8a2c76eff.png

Ouch dude that looks painful. Definitely keep an eye out for it, but it may be void of hair of it scars. Hopefully not though 🤞

View my thread

13 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Ouch dude that looks painful. Definitely keep an eye out for it, but it may be void of hair of it scars. Hopefully not though 🤞

Yeah, not thrilled about the situation, but accidents happen.

I was surprised to read online that most doctors suggest waiting only 3-4 weeks to return to contact sports (e.g., football, MMA, Etc.). Gives me a bit of hope that it's ok to bang your head at this point. Scarring is obviously a potential issue though.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Yeah, not thrilled about the situation, but accidents happen.

I was surprised to read online that most doctors suggest waiting only 3-4 weeks to return to contact sports (e.g., football, MMA, Etc.). Gives me a bit of hope that it's ok to bang your head at this point. Scarring is obviously a potential issue though.

There was this one thread, where a guy pretty much had a gash like that on his head a few weeks after surgery. He came back and reported after a year with excellent growth and said that area had hair. If I can find it I will post it on here.

View my thread