1700 Grafts with Dr. Diep

• Administrators

Looks good in these pictures, would love to see the top, it’s been what two years right? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Holy crap, you’ve got too much hair now lol. Insane to believe you ever had a hair problem.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Lol I know, I need to stop complaining about the donor.

The number of compliments I've gotten on my hair has been insane

Understandable you want the donor to be perfect, I think it looks good, and no one else besides people on this board would notice anything. The top though, holy hell is that impressive. I’m glad it worked out for you man, after the first result- this is the result you deserved.

• Like 1

View my thread

Your result is amazing and it looks great! Average Joe should be happy with 80 % of your result.

Therefore, I think, one can be honest about the donor:

- Even when I put the bigger diameter aside (which has a plus and a minus)

- Even when I put the asymmetrical extraction aside (which in your case with a previous FUE is completely nonsense IMO).

- Grafts where harvested from an area which they should not have been harvested from. Diep went to close to the boundaries of the donor and particularly to close to the area above your ears. This area was either thin from your previous surgery or (this is what I actually believe) thin from begin with. My donor is far above average and still my clinic did not take grafts from one particular area as the bone there sticks out from the remaining skull which would make it look thin when buzzing the area short. 

It is the little things which separates good from great clinics. 

• Like 2

Results are really good.  If the over-harvested areas bother you too much why not have some body hair grafted to the thin areas?  Looks like you have an ample beard or even using body hair have been successful in scar areas but make sure you know a Dr that specializes in body to scalp hair transplants.  Just a thought.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Holy 🤯 that’s the head of hair that I be seeing in my dreams. Sorry to hear about the donor, as annoying as it is, I’m sure no one notices besides you.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Full circle 

FB76DA2C-1574-47AA-8787-7B59DB88AA8F.jpeg

View my thread

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Insane. Plus the second pic is under harsh lighting.

What amazes me the most, is this was done with 1,700 grafts. A lot of times you don’t see density like that unless  its 2,500 grafts.

View my thread

• 3 months later...

Wanted to get the group's thoughts on a potential FUE from my left donor to right donor to even out the thinness.

Not surprisingly, taking grafts from one side leaves that side thinner--even with my donor area ~2 inches.

I'm thinking something like 500 grafts above the ear area could reduce the contrast. My buddy had an Artas FUE with Dr. Alexander and that turned out well.

Thoughts on strategy, doctor, recommendations?

1 hour ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Wanted to get the group's thoughts on a potential FUE from my left donor to right donor to even out the thinness.

Not surprisingly, taking grafts from one side leaves that side thinner--even with my donor area ~2 inches.

I'm thinking something like 500 grafts above the ear area could reduce the contrast. My buddy had an Artas FUE with Dr. Alexander and that turned out well.

Thoughts on strategy, doctor, recommendations?

I think that’s an excellent idea, or maybe you could use your beard hairs?

46 minutes ago, MagnificentAl said:

I think that’s an excellent idea, or maybe you could use your beard hairs?

Ooo that's a good thought.

I don't think i'd want FUE scars on my face, but could maybe use chest hair.

Are body hair transplants reliable? I haven't seen much conclusive evidence either way on here (i might not be looking in the right places though)

• Administrators
15 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Ooo that's a good thought.

I don't think i'd want FUE scars on my face, but could maybe use chest hair.

Are body hair transplants reliable? I haven't seen much conclusive evidence either way on here (i might not be looking in the right places though)

Beard hair is reliable, chest hair less reliable. Honestly, the best thing to do is nothing. No one probably notices except you. You’ve got an amazing head of hair now, enjoy it 🙌🏼

View my thread

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Beard hair is reliable, chest hair less reliable. Honestly, the best thing to do is nothing. No one probably notices except you. You’ve got an amazing head of hair now, enjoy it 🙌🏼

5 hours ago, OtherSyde said:

This right here haha, go enjoy your life man, you look great

It's quite possible I won't do anything.

I've reached out to a few docs to get some options. I'm assuming the options will be:

1. Nothing

2. Fue scalp hair from left side

3. Fue beard hair

4. Smp

I'm leaning towards option 2 or possibly 3.

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to 1700 Grafts with Dr. Diep