1700 Grafts with Dr. Diep

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Dang, appreciate you compiling this side by side. Didn't realize how good the results were until looking at this.

Obviously would be nice to have an untouched looking donor. I've noticed with a little more length it looks better, so maybe I'll start cutting to a 6 or 7 rather than a 4 (which I did about a week before these pics).

Yea man, the results are stunning. You have a full head of hair, the most compelling part is that the before pictures were taken in a dim room, and the after photos under bright lights. I say let the photos do the talking, and it's clear this result compared to your last results are not even in the same league. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

He got solid results for the amount of graphs. He could have gotten the same results without doin the donor like that tho. A hair transplant is both recipient area and donor area results. In some of the short pics its noticeable. From the ear to the top of head. I mean if he cant wear his hair shorter than a 4 like he said why not just get a fut then. Just do 850 each side to avoid this issue and hell have a great outcome overall.

Screenshot_20191112-141052_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by BlessUp
  • Like 1

• Administrators

It’ll get better with time, but you may need to alter your hair cut a bit to make it look better now. Try to do a low-taper fade. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Agreed on the low-taper fade; honestly it's a slight thin spot, but not in any location that anyone would look at and think "This guy is balding." It's just a random thin spot; people have these all the time. I see them frequently in the military because guys have to keep their hair short. I wouldn't sweat it, no one is going to pass negative judgment on you for something tiny like that, and most won't even notice. If worse comes to worse and it really bugs you, get some mild SMP in that area - it's getting really good these days and can very effectively camouflage even big bare pink FUT scars; it would easily hide something like that little thin spot, for a couple hundred bucks and and afternoon's worth of time.

• Like 2

For those curious what a low taper fade looks like, see pic below.

Only thing i'd be worried about would be scarring showing with the hair that short.

That being said, scarring on fair skin is probably less noticeable than a thin spot contrasted against dark hair--so perhaps the better of two evils 😈

image.png.e46b476d0af54bcc7aa000d358fc375b.png

• Administrators
2 hours ago, OtherSyde said:

Agreed on the low-taper fade; honestly it's a slight thin spot, but not in any location that anyone would look at and think "This guy is balding." It's just a random thin spot; people have these all the time. I see them frequently in the military because guys have to keep their hair short. I wouldn't sweat it, no one is going to pass negative judgment on you for something tiny like that, and most won't even notice. If worse comes to worse and it really bugs you, get some mild SMP in that area - it's getting really good these days and can very effectively camouflage even big bare pink FUT scars; it would easily hide something like that little thin spot, for a couple hundred bucks and and afternoon's worth of time.

I agree 100% well said.

View my thread

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, baldlivesmatter said:

For those curious what a low taper fade looks like, see pic below.

Only thing i'd be worried about would be scarring showing with the hair that short.

That being said, scarring on fair skin is probably less noticeable than a thin spot contrasted against dark hair--so perhaps the better of two evils 😈

image.png.e46b476d0af54bcc7aa000d358fc375b.png

This is what I had in mind when I said low taper fade, at the very bottom go short, but fade into a 5 or 6 guard. 

image.png

View my thread

Btw, one of my buddies is getting a HT and after seeing my results decided against Dr diep, because of the extraction style.

Going with Dr Alexander instead. 

Definitely agree that the state of the donor matters, just trying to find the most flattering style at this point to camouflage a bit.

2 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

Btw, one of my buddies is getting a HT and after seeing my results decided against Dr diep, because of the extraction style.

Going with Dr Alexander instead. 

Definitely agree that the state of the donor matters, just trying to find the most flattering style at this point to camouflage a bit.

Is he getting strip Bc I think Alexander only offers artas for fue?

• Administrators

Nice man, hope it works out for you. My friend is coming up on his 4th month. His hair is looking similar to yours at 4 months.

I showed him your results and he got stoked. But I did tell him no two people are the same, but It’s good to see an indicator of where you might end up. 

View my thread

On 11/25/2019 at 9:16 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Nice man, hope it works out for you. My friend is coming up on his 4th month. His hair is looking similar to yours at 4 months.

I showed him your results and he got stoked. But I did tell him no two people are the same, but It’s good to see an indicator of where you might end up. 

That's awesome!

Happy to chat with him via PM if that's helpful for him.

I've tried to keep (most) all questions in this thread to help it be a comprehensive resource for people getting a Diep FUE (similar to your thread), but happy to answer any one-off questions he might have.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, baldlivesmatter said:

That's awesome!

Happy to chat with him via PM if that's helpful for him.

I've tried to keep (most) all questions in this thread to help it be a comprehensive resource for people getting a Diep FUE (similar to your thread), but happy to answer any one-off questions he might have.

Thanks man I'll let him know. 

View my thread

• 1 month later...

Alright boyos, here's the final 12 month update.

Overall I'm happy with the recipient area.

Donor is still thin, but looks better with a bit of additional length. If I were to do it again, I would ask to have the donor grafts taken from throughout the donor, rather than just the right side--but whatever.

I probably won't check this site very often now, at least not until I "need" another HT--but will try to login in occasionally to encourage other members and respond to any questions.

Best of luck everyone!

OH (harsh)

image.png.d4f615c8767b4f5d14e6e0500868ba81.png

OH 2 (harsh)

image.png.0b645d8c5275062420cee265a303bdd3.png

Front (harsh)

image.png.c1c8f8c920f5c95f1c17924f2ee95288.png

Right/Donor (Harsh)

image.png.1594b8d8f183ba67d1d0cdbc4cb38c01.png

Left (Harsh)

image.png.d1935fdd719035feeb852835f4d4ee86.png

Back (harsh)

image.png.799273d1ffe3c843f9e2badaa463d100.png

OH (soft lighting)

image.png.28a2e2df5c400809d4b86d3abb64b1ef.png

Right/donor (soft lighting)

image.png.9f01d6cddb8492b895021f199a6b62a0.png

Left (soft lighting)

image.png.4867abc815462bec252759d39a6abc6a.png

Back (soft lighting)

image.png.38d7c86a72dfd7e951981dcff181a6b9.png

• Like 2

• Administrators

Stellar result man, you are literally a non-balding guy now. I don't blame you for leaving us haha with all that hair, you can throw your hair fibers in the trash. Keep us updated from time to time man. Overall, i'd be ecstatic with this result. 

P.S. your donor still looks thick and abundant, you probably got at least another 3,500 grafts in the bank.

View my thread

On 1/2/2020 at 6:00 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Stellar result man, you are literally a non-balding guy now. I don't blame you for leaving us haha with all that hair, you can throw your hair fibers in the trash. Keep us updated from time to time man. Overall, i'd be ecstatic with this result. 

P.S. your donor still looks thick and abundant, you probably got at least another 3,500 grafts in the bank.

Thanks Melvin!

Thanks for keeping this forum going with high quality posts. I know you have to deal with some BS drama sometimes, but this forum is incredibly valuable for those researching hair transplants (like my former self).

On 1/3/2020 at 10:19 AM, shookwon33 said:

@baldlivesmatter awesome journey man. Im just finished 7 months and quite pleased with my results as well. If i may ask, did you notice any changes in density or texture or growth of your hair after month 7? Just wondering what to expect for the next 5 months, thanks!

Hey Shook,

Tbh, I didn't watch it too closely after about the 7 month mark except for the donor. Reason being that I was happy with my recipient area at month 7 so any additional growth was just a bonus. 

I think there hair thickened/darkened a bit in the second half of the year, but nothing substantial. 

From looking at your 6 month update you already have a killer head of hair. Probably time to be less worried about your hair and more worried about getting fucked to death by the fairer sex 😜

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Damn that hairline is looking 👌🏼 Truly night and day difference 

• Like 1

View my thread