1700 Grafts with Dr. Diep

Gents--here is the 7 month update.

Overall I'm over the moon with the results.

Confidence is at an all-time high. 

Dating has been great, social life in general awesome, work superb. Can't believe the difference in life quality.

OH (harsh)

image.thumb.png.4867f7f05c4e18ea3aaa8e3681eefce2.png

Front (harsh)

image.png.77fb6a02675226cc1b6249f13f983bc0.png

Right (donor)

image.png.3e48f34f2fd5b444fc64596b729aa375.png

Left (donor)

image.png.3d4b0cde431c4f64b44f47b26dce66f5.png

Donor (back)

image.png.41bbb6eb1d77dd512f48e9d2046c305f.png

OH 2 (harsh)

image.png.5ddd7d1edd8d40ef4f5082d1fd851959.png

OH (soft lighting)

image.png.6d10fb61cb0be6aba25a2310b05907ea.png

• Like 2

• Administrators
11 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

I love Tony Robbins! He's got a lot of good stuff.

I think "self help" gets a bad name and view it more as self development.

Social skills IMO are just like any other skill. Consistent practice leads to improvements. 

The stuff I've learned recently is by no means groundbreaking, but by focusing on being more playful, better story teller, smiling more, etc. I've noticed a big difference in my day-to-day interactions. 

PS--thanks for the style guide! I've been lettin' bands go at the mall recently so probably need to pull back a bit (then agian i just spent $15K on hair lol)

Did you watch Tony Robbins on Mike Tysons podcast? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

@baldlivesmatter

Dude I hadn't even seen your recent photos, I went back and looked at some of your pre-op photos. I can't believe the change at 7 months. It's incredible, like seriously I'm freakin jealous haha!

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:58 AM, shookwon33 said:

@baldlivesmatter ridiculous result brother. How dense would you say your hairline is at this stage now? Compeltely satisfied?

78% dense ;)

JK. I look at it more qualitatively. Overall i don't feel like a balding guy anymore and don't feel like people view me that way either.

It's not the best head of hair, but it gets the job done and gets me out of the balding camp, IMO, which was the goal.

I feel that i look the best i have since i was late teens/early 20s. 

Also, I don't ever use concealer anymore which is huge--as i really hated using that shit.

On 8/6/2019 at 10:23 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

@baldlivesmatter

Dude I hadn't even seen your recent photos, I went back and looked at some of your pre-op photos. I can't believe the change at 7 months. It's incredible, like seriously I'm freakin jealous haha!

Ha, hard to believe you're jealous with the mop you have! 

Your thread was a huge inspiration to me, and i'm sure countless others.

I read and reread it multiple times both prior to and after my surgery.

Hopefully my thead helps people like yours helped me! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a decent shed the last few days.

I've never been a big shedder but this has been noticeable, not really sure what caused it.

Head's also been a bit itchy too so i'm thinking of adding back regenepure as i've been sticking to baby shampoo post op.

Had me thinking about 2 questions:

1. For those of you that have wife/kids, how do you get them on board with you getting surgery? Seems like a hard sell for an expensive procedure that's strictly cosmetic, especially when kids are involved since they're so damn expensive. Just thinking for potential future procedures.

2. Anyone have any experience switching from Fin to Dut? Or just adding Dut on top of a Fin routine? Any benefit to this, or will Fin more or less do the same thing on its own?

• Administrators

Seasonal sheds happen, this doesn't mean that you're actually losing hair. Did you recently add minoxidil to your regimen? Or have you dropped minoxidil recently? I would say be careful with Dut, it's a really powerful drug. I don't think there is enough long-term studies to show safety long-term, especially if you want to have a family some day. That's my 02. cents.

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Seasonal sheds happen, this doesn't mean that you're actually losing hair. Did you recently add minoxidil to your regimen? Or have you dropped minoxidil recently? I would say be careful with Dut, it's a really powerful drug. I don't think there is enough long-term studies to show safety long-term, especially if you want to have a family some day. That's my 02. cents.

I hear ya on Dut.

Got a little panicky given that these surgeries are quite a big investment of time and money. Trying to delay another surgery as long as possible but not at the expense of having a family one day.

Thanks for your input.

Whats the benefits of regenepure shampoo? Have seen it being mentioned around but just curious. I as well have been sticking to just johnsons baby shampoo daily post op now at 3 months. Do you have a lot of dry flakes or possible dandruff? 

On 8/30/2019 at 2:47 PM, shookwon33 said:

Whats the benefits of regenepure shampoo? Have seen it being mentioned around but just curious. I as well have been sticking to just johnsons baby shampoo daily post op now at 3 months. Do you have a lot of dry flakes or possible dandruff? 

I thought i responded on this a few weeks ago but didn't go through?

My understanding is that regenepure reduces DHT in the scalp as well as some of the irritation that accompanies elevated DHT levels.

The effect is much smaller than Fin, but at the very least it seems like a high quality shampoo.

Holy shit man you're legit a norwood 0 now LOL. These pictures show it all. Is there any product in your hair in this pic? Gel? wax? or is it able to just stay up like that on its own with its density now?

Edited by shookwon33
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any conditioner recommendations?

I was looking at the below but my post op instructions say no oil for 12 months post op.

Biotin Hair Growth Conditioner for Hair Loss Natural Thickening Volume Conditioner for Fine Hair Volumizing Deep Treatment for Thinning Color Treated Hair Sulfate Free with Castor Oil for Woman & Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DZJN6NZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_J58JDbK3702HG

Just now, baldlivesmatter said:

Anyone have any conditioner recommendations?

I was looking at the below but my post op instructions say no oil for 12 months post op.

Biotin Hair Growth Conditioner for Hair Loss Natural Thickening Volume Conditioner for Fine Hair Volumizing Deep Treatment for Thinning Color Treated Hair Sulfate Free with Castor Oil for Woman & Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DZJN6NZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_J58JDbK3702HG

Yeah that’s what I was thinking this whole time. I saw the post op instructions saying no oil for 12 months and conditioner is essentially just oil so I haven’t been using any thus far. Still just baby shampoo everyday 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

10 month update boyos!

Overall i'm very happy with the results

Only thing that would've made it better would've been a less thin donor on my right side (i.e., the side of the extractions). Is what it is though at this point...

OH (harsh)

image.png.610d5db9de0bcdcae72c23e1d9b04fc2.png

Front (harsh)

image.png.118ee37212143d29313f4047e3546ee7.png

Right donor (harsh)

image.png.6a95b160240decef03f0ac0d53debdea.png

Left donor--no extractions (harsh)

image.png.fc13b4ba9b0f993f47a9738602a3e57f.png

Edited by baldlivesmatter
10 months, not 11 (oops!)

8 hours ago, Curious said:

There is no good reason for extracting grafts from only one side of the scalp.

Diep will claim it's "to prevent scarring from the donor for future transplants". But literally look at the results. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that one side will forever be thinner than the other and stick out, that is so dumb unless you tell him yes I'm gonna have back to back surgeries do one side at a time if that's gonna help a shit ton. He just takes the liberty to do it without approval. He could have just split the graph equally like every other doctor under the sun. He did the same thing to me but not as bad. He just took graphs from my right temple ear area and not left and when I questioned him on it that was response I got and guess what my right ear temple area is obv thinner and scarred up than my left untounch temple to the human eye.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Dr. Diep haters come out of the woodwork. His results is what does the talking. That tiny spot above his ear, I can guarantee no one even notices. Obviously, on this forum of trained eyes, it’s gonna be different, but in the real world, his results are what matters. 

Compare this result to the other failed result, there’s no comparison. These results are insanely good. Let the photos do the talking. Keep in mimd also, that the after photos are taken under harsher lighting as well!

To negate the fact that Dr. Diep has hundreds if not thousands of results like this is pure nonsense. These results market themselves.

0D86C5FC-D8A9-406F-968F-682214006FA4.jpeg

View my thread

31 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Diep haters come out of the woodwork. His results is what does the talking. That tiny spot above his ear, I can guarantee no one even notices. Obviously, on this forum of trained eyes, it’s gonna be different, but in the real world, his results are what matters. 

Compare this result to the other failed result, there’s no comparison. These results are insanely good. Let the photos do the talking. Keep in mimd also, that the after photos are taken under harsher lighting as well!

To negate the fact that Dr. Diep has hundreds if not thousands of results like this is pure nonsense. These results market themselves.

0D86C5FC-D8A9-406F-968F-682214006FA4.jpeg

Dang, appreciate you compiling this side by side. Didn't realize how good the results were until looking at this.

Obviously would be nice to have an untouched looking donor. I've noticed with a little more length it looks better, so maybe I'll start cutting to a 6 or 7 rather than a 4 (which I did about a week before these pics).