Dr. Gabel 10/30/18 - 1,132 Grafts via FUT - Third Procedure (Age 36)

win200

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, win200 said:

Shoot, sorry for leaving this dormant for so long! Been a super busy eight months and it's easy to forget when everything is going well.  The procedure has grown in extremely well; tough to see in pictures because it only thickened the existing hairline and didn't change anything beyond that, but it's much thicker and the weak spots in the corners have been resolved.  I'll post some better pics soon; this is just what I had on my phone.

A70C467C-BC21-4DB5-BB61-EDD669044688.JPG

E25B1623-2C1E-4364-9BB4-045130184699.JPG

IMG_3660.JPG

Mom.jpg

😮 that’s incredible density. Your hair looks amazing man congratulations you’ve  KO’d hair loss!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

😮 that’s incredible density. Your hair looks amazing man congratulations you’ve  KO’d hair loss!

Thanks!  It's a good feeling!  I started down this road just over seven years ago (eight, if you count a year of research), and it feels amazing to finally have the hairline and density I always wanted.  (Also fun to see how annoyed my 23-year-old fiance is that I have a better hairline than his.  Poor guy will cope, I'm sure, as long as he keeps taking his Avodart.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, win200 said:

Thanks!  It's a good feeling!  I started down this road just over seven years ago (eight, if you count a year of research), and it feels amazing to finally have the hairline and density I always wanted.  (Also fun to see how annoyed my 23-year-old fiance is that I have a better hairline than his.  Poor guy will cope, I'm sure, as long as he keeps taking his Avodart.)

And if he ever needs it, you know a surgeon who will hook him up 😛

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks for the update man! looks amazing. I am usually not that impressed with cases of black hair on light skin. It almost always looks pluggy to me. Yours however looks very soft and very natural. Your doctors collectively did a very nice job.

I am considering gabel to fill in some minor temple recession. Would you recommend him above Rahal?

Thanks.

Also, you sort of remind me of Cillian Murphy.

Edited by ItHasToLookNatural

On 7/20/2019 at 9:43 AM, Curious said:

The result looks good.  It seems like you have had some facial plastic surgery also. 

A rhinoplasty and a jawline implant, yup.  Plus a boatload of Voluma, for those keeping track at home.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 9:35 PM, CosmoKramer said:

Hair looks great! Congrats!

Hows your donor area, any photo?

Donor looks good! Interesting thing, though, is that the area below the scar thinned a bit after every one of my three procedures.  If I look back at my 2012 pics before my first procedure, it's very noticeably more dense.  Just a quirk of my reaction, I guess--some shock loss that didn't heal completely.  I don't care, it's the back of my head.  I'll try to upload some pics soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 7:02 PM, win200 said:

A rhinoplasty and a jawline implant, yup.  Plus a boatload of Voluma, for those keeping track at home.

Out of curiosity what type of jawline implant did you get?  Wrap around?  Jaw implant angles?  You look fantastic!  I'm considering a sliding genioplasty so would like your opinions on this sort of procedure vs implant if you wouldn't mind

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, apologies for neglecting this thread.  I'm almost exactly one year post op, so results are fairly final.  I buzzed my hair to a number two guard today just to check for density and thinning, and I couldn't be more pleased.  As you can see, the density is indistinguishable from my native hair.  This is without any product, dye, concealers, etc., and BRIGHT direct overhead lighting.  I'm beyond stoked.  Happy to answer questions.

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

• Wow 1

On 8/18/2019 at 9:13 PM, Noodles123 said:

Any reason why you didn't go with Rahal for a second procedure?  Which doctor did you choose for the jaw implant?

Mainly that Gabel is close to me, I trust him completely, and I've wanted to work with him for years.  

Michael Yaremchuk did my jaw implant.  Barry Eppley is also fantastic for that procedure.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, Orangerade said:

Out of curiosity what type of jawline implant did you get?  Wrap around?  Jaw implant angles?  You look fantastic!  I'm considering a sliding genioplasty so would like your opinions on this sort of procedure vs implant if you wouldn't mind

Custom-designed wraparound.  The angle implants don't integrate well with the rest of the jawline.  Sliding genioplasty is a very invasive procedure; not that it isn't worth it, but relatively few people need it versus an implant.  Get a couple consults to make sure it's the right procedure for you.  I had a fairly recessed chin but did not need a genioplasty.

• Administrators

Stellar results, I am beyond amazed at the density you have achieved. Do you mind showing us the scar? I'm curious to see if it is visible given that your hair is so short. Thanks for keeping us updated 👍

View my thread

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2019 at 5:23 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Stellar results, I am beyond amazed at the density you have achieved. Do you mind showing us the scar? I'm curious to see if it is visible given that your hair is so short. Thanks for keeping us updated 👍

Looks amazing, even buzzed down, which isn’t typically the case for HTs. 

Also curious as to what the donor/scar area looks like buzzed down to a 2. 

Such great results, very impressive. Thank you for sharing, I'd be over the moon!

Its great that no shaving was needed, even to work on the new region, was this an issue or discussed at all? 

I ask, as I'd like a similar scenario, with minimal shaving. Im unsure how I'd cope with the bald head & its kicking in winter in the UK at the mo!