Dr. Gabel 10/30/18 - 1,132 Grafts via FUT - Third Procedure (Age 36)

win200

It's been roughly another year, so updating with a couple more pics.   Nothing has really changed--still over the moon about these results.  (Sorry about the mis-oriented pictures; the forum absolutely will not upload them correctly no matter what I do; anyone know what the issue is?)

Me.JPG.f7d0f928dc0940427477120f8ee1000f.JPG

Hair 1.jpg

Hair 2.jpg

29 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Wow dude, you now have enviable hair. Always good to see after a year results. 

Thanks!  The best part of this is the peace of mind that it gives me--I simply don't think about hair loss any more.  I pop one Avodart a week and go on about my life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, win200 said:

Thanks!  The best part of this is the peace of mind that it gives me--I simply don't think about hair loss any more.  I pop one Avodart a week and go on about my life.

Good for you!

Glad to see that your result is holding up so well.

In total, how long have you now been on propecia and/or avodart? Have you remained completely free of side effects? 

Just now, yesplease said:

Good for you!

Glad to see that your result is holding up so well.

In total, how long have you now been on propecia and/or avodart? Have you remained completely free of side effects? 

Eight years!  Mild side effects; some suppression of libido/erectile strength.  Not debilitating at all--just something I feel is worth it to keep hair on my head.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, win200 said:

It's been roughly another year, so updating with a couple more pics.   Nothing has really changed--still over the moon about these results.  (Sorry about the mis-oriented pictures; the forum absolutely will not upload them correctly no matter what I do; anyone know what the issue is?)

Me.JPG.f7d0f928dc0940427477120f8ee1000f.JPG

Hair 1.jpg

Hair 2.jpg

Glad to see your hair grew back better than ever! Did the buzz cut solidify your reasoning for getting a hair transplant? Looking great man 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Glad to see your hair grew back better than ever! Did the buzz cut solidify your reasoning for getting a hair transplant? Looking great man 👍🏼

The buzz cut definitely satisfied any concerns about density, but that's an experiment that shall not be repeated ;) I didn't pay for these plugs just to chop them off!

46 minutes ago, win200 said:

The buzz cut definitely satisfied any concerns about density, but that's an experiment that shall not be repeated ;) I didn't pay for these plugs just to chop them off!

Haha

Curious if you took any pics of the donor area when you were buzzed down? 

thanks for again sharing your experience  with the forum. 

• 4 months later...

Hey all, 

Here are 28-month pics taken during my visit with Dr. Gabel late last month. These are in a brightly lit room with a high resolution camera and no touch-ups whatsoever. I don't think it's bragging to say--because this isn't my work--that this is one of the best transplants I've ever seen. It's incredibly dense with tough characteristics--very dark hair against extremely fair skin--and the hairline is completely natural. No one would ever guess that this isn't natural, and even is broad daylight, the work doesn't look thin or artificial. It's a complete knockout. I'm on oral dutasteride and not losing any hair, so I'm expecting to keep my head of hair intact indefinitely. It's been nine years now since my first transplant in 2012, and one of the awesome benefits is that as I get older (I'm 38 now), the hairline looks better and better as people my age progressively recede. I now have a lower hairline than any of my friends, and a better hairline than I did even at 15. I'm beyond thrilled. 

The scar isn't an A+, but that's due to my natural healing and not to Dr. Gabel; I've had three transplants with three different surgeons, and each one yielded a just-OK scar, so that's simply how I heal. Dr. G. and I talked about doing some FUE into the scar this year to camouflage that a bit, but I'm not in any rush. I honestly don't care about the scar.

Hairline 1.JPG

Hairline 2.JPG

Hairline 3.JPG

Hairline 4.JPG

Hairline 5.JPG

Hairline 6.JPG

Hairline 7.JPG

Hairline 8.JPG

Hairline 9.JPG

Hairline 10.JPG

Hairline 12.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Gasthoerer said:

Wow! Density is AMAZING. Do you have any feeling about the grafts / cm2?

I don't; but it's at LEAST 60cm2. Could be as high as 80. It's really dense. Probably the densest transplant I've ever seen--definitely a product of the patience required to complete three passes over several years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

@win200 wait you had two other hair transplants? what were they for and do you have them doccumented?

Just gradually lowering the hairline; one was 1,450 grafts in 2012 with Robert Niedbalski, and one was 2,100 grafts with Dr. Rahal in 2015. That procedure is discussed in the thread below.

1 hour ago, win200 said:

Just gradually lowering the hairline; one was 1,450 grafts in 2012 with Robert Niedbalski, and one was 2,100 grafts with Dr. Rahal in 2015. That procedure is discussed in the thread below.

Oh god I tripped out, just remembered your rahal result, it was one of the results that made me make decision to go with rahal. Your hair is looking good and glad the meds are holding🙌🏻

• Administrators

Absolutely incredible, I remember you used to post a lot when I was just starting out. I remember your Rahal transplant. Achieving this result with those characteristics is incredible. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Absolutely incredible, I remember you used to post a lot when I was just starting out. I remember your Rahal transplant. Achieving this result with those characteristics is incredible. 

Thanks! Just a testament to picking good surgeons and being patient to see the process through over several years. And being consistent with the meds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

I also remember you posting many, many years ago ! Wow your hair has stayed amazing 🤩 

It was a stand up result back then, and it remains the same in 2021 👏

Thank you! Yeah, I was always a little worried that I'd lose hair behind the transplants, but now that I'm 38 I really don't see significant loss happening at this point. With oral dutasteride I don't seem to be losing any hair at all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Craig2412 said:

Man that is some density going on. Looks great and natural too. Congrats 

Thanks! The density is really nuts; you truly can't tell where the transplant ends and my natural hair begins. There's no "illusion of density"--just actual density.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
25 minutes ago, consequence said:

Wow @win200 the amount of patience and persistence you showed throughout this process is incredible.

Stellar results.

Hey, thanks! It was a six-year process in total, but absolutely worth it. Eleven years out from the first transplant now and the result completely holds.