FUE Turkey 17 years old NW3/2, Help choosing clinic

First of all i'd like to introduce myself, i'm from Europe, going to be 17 in June, sorry for any Grammar errors, english is not my native Language :)

I have Receded hairlines since i was little -10 years old, never affected me until i cut my hair short, then as my head grew so did my hairline go back more naturally than from hair falling, there is no visible hairloss nor the clinics i went in my country say that i have hairloss, just a strange forehead natural design, i have high density in the rest of my head.

My dad, grandpa and older brother all have their forehead like mine, neither one of them went bald, maintaining their hairlines.

I know that i am young to do an hair transplant, but i've discussed it with my family and they are willing to go to Turkey with me to do an Hair transplant. I am aware that the hairlines may go back leaving "horns" of hair, but i don't mind doing another transplant later on my life (doctors say that i have enough density on the back of my head to cover the whole top of my head). My brother also did one, in Portugal.

Now, the question is, which clinic/doctor in Turkey should i go? I was thinking something in the range of 2500 3500 euros, i don't mind with technicians doing a part of the work but i want a competent doctor to atleast do the most important part. And how many grafts? A doctor that's good in temples of the same size of mine?

I have been looking into these doctors:

Dr cinik

Yaman

dr keser

and some others

Pictures:

Thank you for any type of help :)

1.jpg.050a5bdc0a8191f4e67b80c6b0310b0d.jpg

29954805_1938595026210758_31355890_o.thumb.jpg.d9cc486b3bbafa0a69338fe60dbd0efc.jpg

30070513_1938595006210760_1434304348_o.thumb.jpg.30fb0939cd566ed463d7116dc84ac72d.jpg

5b32fbafaa5dc_31543302_1983931055010488_1367091887067889664_n(1).thumb.jpg.f5af6f4b67d03b514954b4d06e8ab9f6.jpg

31947776_1983944231675837_6862489627333230592_n.thumb.jpg.daf6fbd0cc9f33e351b7813899874cad.jpg

32089447_1983944518342475_5963956106500767744_n.thumb.jpg.298d65f7cc39fd8f699eef88774d8e9a.jpg

Edited by leonardojak

I don’t know anything about Turkish doctors but having a hair transplant at 17 is quite unusual. I hope you visit several doctors and get multiple opinions. How you feel about your hairline now may change when your in your adult years. Tough decision for you. Again, get multiple opinions. Best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

You’re too young for a hair transplant. No ethical doctor would perform surgery on you. Your best course of action is medication to keep the hair you have, and when you’re older you can revisit the idea of surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I happen to agree that at 17 years old you are far too young for a hair transplant. Most men don’t even start using their hair until their early 20s although obviously individuals like yourself maybe his hair earlier. In fact, my great grandfather was completely bald at 18 years of age. However, because most men lose hair over many years, getting a hair transplant now would not make sense when you will likely lose a lot more hair. Men he start losing their hair at an early age likely are going to experience aggressive hair loss. As a result, it’s just simply a bad idea to undergo hair transplant surgery at a young age and unless there are extenuating circumstance is, like Melvin said most ethical hair transplant surgeons would not touch your schedule at this age.

In my opinion, I would speak to your doctor about Propecia and Rogaine when you turn 18 years old. That may be your best chance to save the hair you have or at least slow down the progression of male pattern baldness.

Best wishes,

Bill

So, you are actually 16 years old right now. That's a big bummer man. You are far too young for a transplant. Do not do it. Period.

Talk to your parents and your doctor about finasteride and rogaine.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I'm sure you feel isolated. The good thing is that your peers will eventually catch up to you and have hairloss too and you wont feel so different. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

First of all, thank you all for your honest and friendly answers! I am going through quite some "pressure", feeling sad and a bit depressed.

Yes i am aware that i am way too young for a transplant, i know that my hairlines will for sure go back, even if only naturally.

Yet, i feel like i want to make the most of my youth. My older brother did the transplant (22 years) and he says that he regrets not doing it any sooner, saying that he preffers to have hair while young and not having when he is older than only having decent hair when he is older. Not wanting to offend anyone! Just my humble opinion aswell

Based on my family history i have the same hair of my fathers side, my father has the hairline same as mine since he was my age, did not get bald, nor my grandpa, nor my older brother, that must mean something, but of course, there is always the possibility.

The doctors i attended said that it was mostly my forehead format, maybe a bit of hairloss but mostly or all natural. I have had the same hairline since i first cut my hair short at least (12/11 years old), first time i saw my forehead haha And it changed almost nothing, for sure.

About the medication, i'm affraid of the impotence,etc.. (i'm sexually active) :P

I am almost 100% confident that i'm going to do it, it's just something that is affecting me in my studys, relationships (i normally date but feel insecure), and life. My parents agree with me, better young then old "live your youth to the max" haha

If there was someone who could talk with me in pm's, i would appreciate, need some serious help in this, not wanting to bother anyone.

Thank you and good night.

• Administrators

You are better suited for a hair system, I encourage you to look in to hair systems.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

First of all, thank you all for your honest and friendly answers! I am going through quite some "pressure", feeling sad and a bit depressed.

Yes i am aware that i am way too young for a transplant, i know that my hairlines will for sure go back, even if only naturally.

Yet, i feel like i want to make the most of my youth. My older brother did the transplant (22 years) and he says that he regrets not doing it any sooner, saying that he preffers to have hair while young and not having when he is older than only having decent hair when he is older. Not wanting to offend anyone! Just my humble opinion aswell

Based on my family history i have the same hair of my fathers side, my father has the hairline same as mine since he was my age, did not get bald, nor my grandpa, nor my older brother, that must mean something, but of course, there is always the possibility.

The doctors i attended said that it was mostly my forehead format, maybe a bit of hairloss but mostly or all natural. I have had the same hairline since i first cut my hair short at least (12/11 years old), first time i saw my forehead haha And it changed almost nothing, for sure.

About the medication, i'm affraid of the impotence,etc.. (i'm sexually active) :P

I am almost 100% confident that i'm going to do it, it's just something that is affecting me in my studys, relationships (i normally date but feel insecure), and life. My parents agree with me, better young then old "live your youth to the max" haha

If there was someone who could talk with me in pm's, i would appreciate, need some serious help in this, not wanting to bother anyone.

I have had 6000 grafts and 2 transplants at 23, the issue isn't necessarily getting a transplant at a young age (you are too young regardless), it's that you could potentially have a hairloss in the future and and your donor zone where hair would be taken from may not be able to cover the losses. At this point you are likely too young to have any signs of hairloss, so it cannot be judged the balding pattern that you may exhibit in the long term.Looking at your temple point areas, I find it hard to believe you don't have some degree of actual hairloss already though. Your family history of balding does not guarantee that you are safe from hairloss either.

Also you may think now that you have the will and money to go through with multiple transplants if the situation gets worse over time, but do you or your parents really have twenty - thirty thousand dollars sitting around to spend on transplants whenever you need one? Add on top of that the few weeks off you have to take off for a transplant, the risk of a poor yield and bad result even with a good surgeon, (small) risks of infection, + time and money travelling for the procedure? The reality is that 5% of results I see here even from top surgeons (most of the surgeons you list are below this level) are poor or below par. 2% are outright failures. What will you do if this is you?

Also one point, finasteride only has sexual side effects among about 2-5% of users, this is basic information you can learn from reading studies on the drug and talking to a doctor about it. I've been on the drug for 18 months and if you consider the benefits of keeping my hair its only improved my sex life. You saying that you're unwilling to take because you expect sexual side effects shows a lack of willingness to look at facts, it's a stupid thing to say based on a lack of research and very telling on your mindset here. The fact that you aren't of the capabilities to maturely and critically research data and come to accurate conclusions on something like this is evidence enough that you aren't ready or mature enough to have a transplant.

The only doctor I would even remotely consider from your list is Keser. You're thinking about a very high risk situation, it would be incredibly reckless to go with anyone but the best. The better option for you is looking into a hairpiece, or if when you hit your brothers age and haven't proceeded with any more hairloss, finasteride + a transplant may be a good option. But hey, it's your life to fuck up. There are plenty of people here who are more mature and researched on hair transplants than you are that have still greatly hurt their wellbeing through hair transplants when not considering the risks.

I have had 6000 grafts and 2 transplants at 23, the issue isn't necessarily getting a transplant at a young age (you are too young regardless), it's that you could potentially have a hairloss in the future and and your donor zone where hair would be taken from may not be able to cover the losses. At this point you are likely too young to have any signs of hairloss, so it cannot be judged the balding pattern that you may exhibit in the long term.Looking at your temple point areas, I find it hard to believe you don't have some degree of actual hairloss already though. Your family history of balding does not guarantee that you are safe from hairloss either.

Also you may think now that you have the will and money to go through with multiple transplants if the situation gets worse over time, but do you or your parents really have twenty - thirty thousand dollars sitting around to spend on transplants whenever you need one? Add on top of that the few weeks off you have to take off for a transplant, the risk of a poor yield and bad result even with a good surgeon, (small) risks of infection, + time and money travelling for the procedure? The reality is that 5% of results I see here even from top surgeons (most of the surgeons you list are below this level) are poor or below par. 2% are outright failures. What will you do if this is you?

Also one point, finasteride only has sexual side effects among about 2-5% of users, this is basic information you can learn from reading studies on the drug and talking to a doctor about it. I've been on the drug for 18 months and if you consider the benefits of keeping my hair its only improved my sex life. You saying that you're unwilling to take because you expect sexual side effects shows a lack of willingness to look at facts, it's a stupid thing to say based on a lack of research and very telling on your mindset here. The fact that you aren't of the capabilities to maturely and critically research data and come to accurate conclusions on something like this is evidence enough that you aren't ready or mature enough to have a transplant.

The only doctor I would even remotely consider from your list is Keser. You're thinking about a very high risk situation, it would be incredibly reckless to go with anyone but the best. The better option for you is looking into a hairpiece, or if when you hit your brothers age and haven't proceeded with any more hairloss, finasteride + a transplant may be a good option. But hey, it's your life to fuck up. There are plenty of people here who are more mature and researched on hair transplants than you are that have still greatly hurt their wellbeing through hair transplants when not considering the risks.

Hello!

Thank you for you answer first of all.

I hadn't even really considered the meds because i hadn't showed any type of hairloss, and my doctors just said for me to ignore it for now, only to care about meds when and if i show hairloss, so i didn't research it sorry.

I might just wait until my 20's, seeing that everyone shares the same opinion, or look up an hairpiece, going to look for an hairpiece just for the temples if those exist, first time considering them aswell haha!

Thank you for your honest answer again, not quite mature true, just kind of desperate, sorry!

Hello!

Thank you for you answer first of all.

I hadn't even really considered the meds because i hadn't showed any type of hairloss, and my doctors just said for me to ignore it for now, only to care about meds when and if i show hairloss, so i didn't research it sorry.

I might just wait until my 20's, seeing that everyone shares the same opinion, or look up an hairpiece, going to look for an hairpiece just for the temples if those exist, first time considering them aswell haha!

Thank you for your honest answer again, not quite mature true, just kind of desperate, sorry!

I'd definitely feel that way too if I was in your position man, truly sucks how something like a shitty hairline can be such a pain to every day life. I wouldn't put the transplant completely out of your mind either, even in your early twenties I'd consider it if you haven't progressed further and are willing to take finasteride to secure it and make sure you maintain the rest of your hair. It's just too much of a risk when you're that young and not on meds (and too young to take them atm).

The responses in this conversation thread shows the true value of this hair restoration website. I’m glad this 17 year old was able to reach out to many experienced recipients of hair transplants for candid advice and was mature enough to consider the advice. We all wish him luck and will be here for him down the road.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I don't think you should take finisteride at 16 or 17 years old because you are still developing. Besides that you seem to think your hairline has been that way for some years, so I would not bother with meds for now.

I personally would not get a hairpiece because they can be even more embarrassing than a high hairline. I have experience with wearing a hairpiece at 20 years old and it was worse than doing nothing. Women at that age want to run their fingers through your hair and play with your hair. It's extremely awkward when they do that and suddenly find out you have a hairpiece.

I would continue looking into transplants, but for now just research some Drs and look at results of others to get an idea of what you need and who you should go to. This way when you get to age 21 or 22 you will be much more ready to go through with it if you still want to at that time.

I do agree that it's much better to have hair when you are young rather than wait to 30 or 35 like some people may suggest.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 8 months later...

This may not help but honestly you look fine for now buddy. Just stick with what you have (knowing that you have future options, if you choose, can greatly increase your confidence and reduce anxiety). I think a hair system is not the answer, it will just make you more self conscious i.e. does anyone notice? A high hairline at your age sucks but be thankful it's not diffuse overall thinning which is much harder to resolve.

Keep you chin up son, you live in the best time in our history for a balding man. You have options, don't rush.

Amazing advice and care from many members of this community. And a nice last message from Jamothee. We are all there, or all been there. Maybe at a slightly different age, maybe to differing degrees, but we are all here for the same thing. Anything I can do to help, or advice or talk, don't hesitate, as Im sure most of the other members here are. Hang in there, we are there to support you!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi man, I agree with all the advice given to you by the other members, and I think it sucks having to deal with this at such a young age as yours, it truly is depressing, but, there are silver linings, medication, hair systems, and down the road when you are a little older a hair transplant.

Im not a fan of hair systems but I’ve recently seen some videos pop up on YouTube that show young guys undergoing a hair system transformation and they look great.

I don’t know what country you are in but I believe the salon is in Germany

You wrote this

Hello!

Thank you for you answer first of all.

BUT

I have Receded hairlines since i was little -10 years old,

Why do you believe you don't have hairloss ? This looks like regular Androgenic alopecia to me..

• 2 weeks later...

@VicTNYCThe video showing the hair piece is really something. Whilst personally, it would have never felt like the right decision for me personally, and without knowing anything about it, price, maintenance, longevity. However, I was quite intrigued and impressed by the look of the final outcome.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

2 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@VicTNYCThe video showing the hair piece is really something. Whilst personally, it would have never felt like the right decision for me personally, and without knowing anything about it, price, maintenance, longevity. However, I was quite intrigued and impressed by the look of the final outcome.

Yeah, looks impressive but I bet it’s very pricey and comes with a lot of maintenance.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2018 at 5:16 PM, leonardojak said:

Don’t ever try to take finisteride...