3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

10 minutes ago, Squidward said:

How do you turn off notifications for a thread?

This!

I hope Payam resolves this and I will check updates but I don't need to be emailed every time someone replies.  I woke up this morning with about 20 email notifications for this thread.  I don't even remember subscribing for notifications.

Edited by garethbale

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, garethbale said:

This!

I hope Payam resolves this and I will check updates but I don't need to be emailed every time someone replies.  I woke up this morning with about 20 email notifications for this thread.  I don't even remember subscribing for notifications.

On your mobile device, click on the orange tab that says “following” then you can choose not to be notified when someone replies. 

57EF1DBE-A039-4520-A461-732E4C3CA320.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

If people are spending "every penny they have" (which is a horrible idea, period) then they owe it to themselves to do a basic Google search. The clinic doesn't hide or deceive anyone on the tech issue the consultation says the "surgical team" performs extractions and that Erdogan comes in during incisions, it is industry standard in Europe for the surgeon not to perform extractions and no clinic is vocally advertising this, nor should they be expected to. Its fair to expect ten minutes of research outside the clinics website which would make this clear, and if that's not happening when you're dropping ten grand, then its very obvious who is at fault, and it isn't the clinic. 

Saying he "doesn't perform the surgery" is blatant hyperbole from someone who doesn't understand how surgical procedure works. Do Rahal, Hasson, Wong, Feriduni, Lorenzo and Freitas not perform FUE surgery either? Because none of those are doing the extractions,  Rahal and Hasson for example having exactly the same amount of engagement in the FUE that Erdogan does. No one I have seen EVER claims this about these clinics however. I would add to that Hasson/Wong in particular went to Erdogan for guidance when they were acquiring FUE skills prior to offering it at their clinic.

I was a NW3 close to a diffused NW5 at 22, I know perfectly well the mental stresses of hair transplants, but being emotional about hair is no reason to be irrational, slander or be dishonest when it comes to research or analysing things objectively. Being emotional doesn't automatically make someone start lying, making things up or fear mongering to scare potential patients based on disingenuous information, like saying that the techs look too young to be experienced.  The feelings are fine, statements like this ", but I'm also trying to take a critical look at the clinic, simply don't believe that "bad transplants just happen sometimes" make it pretty clear his outlook as run off the rails and are objectively in the realm of nonsense. There are hundreds of results on this forum from top surgeons who perform all surgical parts of FUE and have had plenty of poor results before. There is certainly a "reason" for these poor results, but you can't pinpoint it on the first thing you think of like Payam does with "But dah yung girl techs!!" He even said that a poor result wouldn't bother him if it was completely performed by a doctor, it only worries him because it was done by a tech. This is the definition of religious irrationality.

And quite frankly, read Payam's concerns from the start of the thread, hes not crazy but clearly deals with issues that warrant professional psychological assistance, and is incredibly neurotic. He's not a child, for someone this inclined to anxiety not to spend ten minutes searching for information on a clinic hes about to drop 10 grand on for SURGERY, then its laughable to suggest he doesn't have some responsibility. He didn't even have to research, if the tech issue was such a concern he could have simply asked in consultation emails whether the surgeon performed all parts of the procedure, nor when he was at the clinic and was so surprised at the "young girls" that were techs and that there were multiple others having surgery did he have to go through with it. Its a surgical clinic, not a babysitters for manchildren.

Jean,

Let’s remain respectful, I completely understand what you’re saying and actually agree with some of the points you make, but let’s refrain from name calling. 

In fact, I don’t think there’s anything further to discuss on this thread. The results are not known and all Payam and the community can do at this point is wait. 

Warm regards- Melvin 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

58 minutes ago, Squidward said:

How do you turn off notifications for a thread?

Squidward,

By default , notifications should be turned on however, at the very top or bottom of the topic there should be a “follow“ button or it might say “follow this topic“ or something like that. But like I said, as long is you responded to a topic, you should get email notifications automatically. If you are not, you should go and edit your profile and change your notification settings.   

Best wishes,

Bill

Jean,

I continued to get reports from various members claiming you are being a bully. I haven’t had time to read through this entire topic however, the fact that multiple members have reported this tells me that you must be saying something offensive or disingenuous. Therefore, I’m going to request once that you remain respectful especially since Melvin already had to comment about this. 

You’ve been a member for a while And I certainly appreciate your contributions. However, we do expect the members to respect one another and not unfairly malign one another or their doctors. 

Your Cooperation his anticipated and appreciated. 

Best,

Bill

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

If they no longer respond to him, then it is unlikely they will respond here anytime soon.  

For the sake of the community they could have responded at least once, no? Possibly in an attempt to address some of the concerns the OP and others posting here have.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

I’m actually quite curious as to why the clinic has not responded in this thread or why the mods haven’t requested for them to do so? I think as a community we should be requesting this

Because the patient is only at 7 months and the final result is not known. In fact, as posted previously the patient continues to see improvement every month he posts an update. There is still plenty of time for his density to improve and mature. At this point, there is nothing left to do, but wait the full 12 months.

View my thread

The results aren’t good .. but it’s not horrible .. even at his 12 months .. he’s not going to be happy .. n I wouldn’t either .. who wants to spend $10k for that . It’s not just the money .. its the whole year of growing n lookin ugly , n now he has to spend more money and another year to get it fixed .. we all know that this happens with surgery and n not all  hairtransplants turn out great .. but when u happen to be on the receiving end of unsatisfactory results that u spent a lot of money on .. it sucks very bad ..  especially when they guarantee that 90% growth rate .. which is impossible for every patient .. but hey when u guarantee that ,, then u need to stick by it n make sure the patient is happy .. we can keep waiting for a few more months for  better growth, but there’s no way he’s going to get a bunch of more hairs sprouting up to fill in those gaps .. it’s not happening.. 

9 hours ago, Legend007 said:

The results aren’t good .. but it’s not horrible .. even at his 12 months .. he’s not going to be happy .. n I wouldn’t either .. who wants to spend $10k for that . It’s not just the money .. its the whole year of growing n lookin ugly , n now he has to spend more money and another year to get it fixed .. we all know that this happens with surgery and n not all  hairtransplants turn out great .. but when u happen to be on the receiving end of unsatisfactory results that u spent a lot of money on .. it sucks very bad ..  especially when they guarantee that 90% growth rate .. which is impossible for every patient .. but hey when u guarantee that ,, then u need to stick by it n make sure the patient is happy .. we can keep waiting for a few more months for  better growth, but there’s no way he’s going to get a bunch of more hairs sprouting up to fill in those gaps .. it’s not happening.. 

Not to be a jerk but can you please type in complete sentences and spell out the word “and”? It hurts my head reading your posts. Thank you. 

Is Dr. Koray Erdogan operates himself? From taking the grafts and implant in the head? I heard that he is not doing the whole process and he lets his unexperienced stuff to do this which result in very bad results and unsatisfied customers. 

I myself was considering to go on his clinic hoping that he will do all the process, from end to start but apparently, it's not how I was thinking or I'm I wrong? Can anyone tell me from their own experience, who has been to him and made a HT how it is?

I really wanted to make myself a HT on him... I've seen such good results.

Edited by Cristian1

28 minutes ago, Cristian1 said:

Is Dr. Koray Erdogan operates himself? From taking the grafts and implant in the head? I heard that he is not doing the whole process and he lets his unexperienced stuff to do this which result in very bad results and unsatisfied customers. 

I myself was considering to go on his clinic hoping that he will do all the process, from end to start but apparently, it's not how I was thinking or I'm I wrong? Can anyone tell me from their own experience, who has been to him and made a HT how it is?

As posted by many recent patients, myself included, in recent years he has streamlined the surgery process. This year the clinic performs four big HTs per day at the same time by means of technicians.

There is a lot of people working there and every one has a role. The doctor performs the incisions but on the website this is not explained properly as shown on another thread about Turkish doctors, at least until this summer '18. In at least one case that I know he did not perform the incisions either but in my case he did them.There is an expert technician working with him since the beginning (Dilek) but she can only be at one room at any given time and that's the same for the doctor.

About results, you can check many recent cases linked on this very thread and judge for yourself. Some are great and others lack density after a year because not enough grafts bloomed. However, he still offers a 90% survival rate guarantee so in case you get less you are offered a touchup.

Other patients and I don't comment about our results because not enough time has passed by.

I hope that this clears your doubts.

1 hour ago, Cristian1 said:

I went to asmed early October.  Click the link below for my experience and photos

17 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Jean,

I continued to get reports from various members claiming you are being a bully. I haven’t had time to read through this entire topic however, the fact that multiple members have reported this tells me that you must be saying something offensive or disingenuous. Therefore, I’m going to request once that you remain respectful especially since Melvin already had to comment about this. 

You’ve been a member for a while And I certainly appreciate your contributions. However, we do expect the members to respect one another and not unfairly malign one another or their doctors. 

Your Cooperation his anticipated and appreciated. 

Best,

Bill

I'm happy to not post on this topic again and won't, however I would note that the only reason I felt baited into doing so was due to disingenuous claims on behalf of Payam. Don't think its fair for someone to make false or misleading claims meant to fear monger and drive people away from the clinic while he and others justify it with being emotional. Hopefully the guy gets the issue sorted in future.

4 hours ago, Cristian1 said:

Is Dr. Koray Erdogan operates himself? From taking the grafts and implant in the head? 

Really? No, he does not. That is the story of this very thread. Also, I would guess 99 % of all clinics in the world do not perform the surgery "by themselves" if you take this definitions of yours. This includes FUE as well as strip. 

15 hours ago, jj51702 said:

For the sake of the community they could have responded at least once, no? Possibly in an attempt to address some of the concerns the OP and others posting here have.

I think the clinic responded to Payam publicly: Not sure if in here or in one of the other discussion, where this topic came up. Many people, including the mods replied to this answer.

The answer was a "little unspecific" if you ask me, but interesting never the less.

On the other hand: If the clinic is already in discussion with payam, there is no need to discuss again in here until the next step is reached. Also, I believe it is hard to expect a full blown answer to every monthly report by the patients. This is just not possible. No clinic will do this IMO. Otherwise the would have no time for surgery.  

On 10/24/2018 at 12:15 AM, kw877 said:

Well said. Calling someone unhinged and crazy etc is just cruel. People are spending thousands, sometimes every penny they have got a surgery to improve their lives. Yeah it’s cosmetic but the negative impact baldness can have on someone’s self esteem and quality of life can be massive. It’s why we are all on this forum.

If you don’t agree with his feelings and opinions on his OWN hair and surgery, respectfully disagree and move on instead of name calling and telling him he’s wrong. No one has the right to invalidate payams own feelings about his surgery because they are his feelings and it’s his hair (that he’s paid a large sum of money for). The emotional toll this journey has affects everyone differently. He may not be dealing with it the same as some others but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

In comparison to successful results, he is lagging behind. He may be a slow grower, he may not be. It might improve, it might not.

Going forward, I do think the Asmed website could benefit from being 100% transparent, and informing potential patients straight up that Dr Erdogan won’t be performing the actual surgery. They should divulge the level of training, expertise and credentials of the people that actually are performing the surgery.

Yes, we can research and find out in round about ways but the clinic can’t be dependent on that and should instead make a point of making sure potential patients are fully aware of what to expect.

payam, my advice is to just wait. At the end of the day there’s nothing else you can do until the allotted time has passed. If after 18 months you aren’t happy, revisit it. Until then don’t put yourself through the scrutiny and stress. 

I appreciate it mate, it is not easy going against the grain on a popular surgeon like this, being called everything from mentally ill to dishonest and disingenuous. I hope my thread gives other dissatisfied Asmed patients the courage to step forward, you can PM me otherwise if you want to talk. Anyhow, sorry for the notification spam fellas, I've turned them off as well, I don't like that it is turned on by default. I will take some more detailed pics with a real camera to showcase the issues at the 8th month mark, in the meantime my coordinator has stated that the conversation is over, and Koray has not responded to my pictures for 5 weeks. I only want answers and nothing else from the clinic at this point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

8 months

Hey guys, gonna keep this short as i was banned for ten days last time i posted, I fear this thread might get locked. 

I will buy a better camera next week and upload better pictures but for now I took a video this update to show how sparse it is on the left. I am wearing my hair in a fringe to cover it which will do for now until I hopefully get it fixed in the future

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SVy9QXSlU5xDdFOTMz7jPeZwZZneZyPk/view?usp=drivesdk

Image is of the right side with better growth, video is of the left side. Will upload some better pics next week with a good camera

IMG_20181112_181240.jpg