3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

2 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

Looking at the video you posted, it doesn’t look “horrible”, lacking in density yes, transplanted hair growth on left side doesn’t look to be in the proper direction, I wouldn’t be happy...BUT....I wouldn’t be anxious either...you still have months of further improvement as you have obviously gained improvement over each month already. 

Even with the growth direction of the new hair on the left side since it often takes time for the grafts to produce hairs like your native ones and to lay or flow in the proper direction, it could happen in another shed & growth cycle...so...to me...for 8-months it looks okay...not great, but okay.

i wonder, if in 10 months from now it has improved even more so for you, if you would be honest and admit that you panicked and complained too soon...I hope it does, and hope you do.

Well the right side at least has had some ok growth, i still have some hope for that side and i really think it can improve in the coming months, but i think i need a miracle for the left side. I could see myself only touching up the right side with some added grafts later if needed, then covering the left side by slicking it over, i could live with that. 

What do you think of minoxidil? Should i wait until month 12 so i know the final result or start earlier?

1 hour ago, Payam said:

Well the right side at least has had some ok growth, i still have some hope for that side and i really think it can improve in the coming months, but i think i need a miracle for the left side. I could see myself only touching up the right side with some added grafts later if needed, then covering the left side by slicking it over, i could live with that. 

What do you think of minoxidil? Should i wait until month 12 so i know the final result or start earlier?

My opinion as I probably stated before, give it the complete 18-months time to grow and mature fully before you do any touch-up with any Dr/clinic....the additional 10-months of more improvement could pleasantly surprise you.

Im not a fan of minoxidil, I like things to heal and grow more organically, I wouldn’t start using it if I were you because you could get the minoxidil shed and that will give you even more worry and anxiety.

Im a big fan of taking Biotin and MSM supplements tho....as well as a good strong protein diet.

Edit: Additionally regarding the minoxidil, by not using it, it is useful then for when you go to a consultation with a doctor for they to see your full 18-month result with out any growth assistance from minoxidil so that they could gage just how much of a touch-up you will need.....then, after any touch-up you decide to do... going on minoxidil would be reasonable to me.

Edited by VicTNYC

Not to hijack and excuse my ignorance on the topic please, but what really causes for poor growth? Or failed procedure? 

I mean, these doctors transplant hairs every single day, so I am assuming it’s  business as usual with each patient. Same procedures and protocols. What’s causing some of these failed procedures?

could it be just the person, genetically not responding well to the procedure? Or maybe post HT care was improper and the person was negligent? 

When it comes to doctor error, It makes sense to me that hairline maybe all messed up, off, not natural, etc. it makes sense that placement isn’t as dense as some others. But growth? How is that doctor’s fault? What would a doctor have to mess up on to yield very poor growth?

anyways, you get the idea.

thanks

Edited by ILtrooper

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, ILtrooper said:

Not to hijack and excuse my ignorance on the topic please, but what really causes for poor growth? Or failed procedure? 

I mean, these doctors transplant hairs every single day, so I am assuming it’s  business as usual with each patient. Same procedures and protocols. What’s causing some of these failed procedures?

could it be just the person, genetically not responding well to the procedure? Or maybe post HT care was improper and the person was negligent? 

When it comes to doctor error, It makes sense to me that hairline maybe all messed up, off, not natural, etc. it makes sense that placement isn’t as dense as some others. But growth? How is that doctor’s fault? What would a doctor have to mess up on to yield very poor growth?

thanks

Please create a thread with specific questions 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/14/2018 at 9:26 PM, ILtrooper said:

thanks

No problem, this is the point we are discussing, since Asmed uses several teams of techs for the extractions it is not business as usual as you said, doctor error is removed completely from this picture since he is barely involved in the procedure except for making the incisions. I personally thought he would do the extractions because i had not done my research as i thought that it was him and Dilek that did the surgery. 

In the end i largely agree with Melvin, obviously i'm not botched when compared to the example he posted in the other thread of Sanjar, i can't believe what was done to him that poor guy.. But i don't think i am wrong to be unhappy at this point knowing i will need a touch up in the future to make it presentable, not perfect but presentable.

I also completely disagree with Melvin saying i would never have been happy, i resent that, just because i am unhappy now doesn't mean my expectations are too high, i want a natural transplant that doesn't make me look like a bald guy, not brad pitt hair.

Edited by Payam

22 minutes ago, Payam said:

No problem, this is the point we are discussing, since Asmed uses several teams of techs for the extractions it is not business as usual as you said, doctor error is removed completely from this picture since he is barely involved in the procedure except for making the incisions. I personally thought he would do the extractions because i had not done my research, but i got the idea from my email correspondence with the clinic that it was him and Dilek that did the surgery. 

In the end i largely agree with Melvin, obviously i'm not botched when compared to the example he posted in the other thread of Sanjar, i can't believe hat was done to him that poor guy.. But i don't think i am wrong to be unhappy at this point knowing i will need a touch up in the future to make it presentable, not perfect but presentable.

I also completely disagree with Melvin saying i would never have been happy, i resent that, just because i am unhappy now doesn't mean my expectations are too high, i want a natural transplant that doesn't make me look like a bald guy, not brad pitt hair.

Payam. I understand you are trying to create awareness of the clinic's problems and all points you make have validity to it. What do you want to happen on their part? An apology? a reason why it happened? or how they can fix things? Maybe ask for a partial refund - not a repair from them. The fact is none of this is going to make you result better and once you lose confidence in a clinic you should not go back it is just crazy to go back to them now. So you need to think forwards and how can you make the best of what donor you have remaining and pick a surgeon that ticks all your boxes now that you know so much more. The problem is from all the so called top surgeons in the world Dr Erdogan is probably the most affordable in the sense that people can find a way of raising that sort of cash somehow. So as a result people think well there is no other good option for them and pick Asmed because they really want to sort their problem out. However, you are now in a situation that you simply cannot afford to pick a clinic based on a balance of quality and price. It has to be completely in terms of track record of repairing, high quality, ethics and attention to detail. Unfortunately that usually comes at a cost but if you cannot afford that then wait until you can as surgery will always be there. Use what donor you have got very carefully - you have a lifeline (you have not been botched) its is more than repairable. 

Man... I really wish the mods and jean would just leave this thread alone and stop butting in every 5 minutes.

Let the people have the freedom to have an honest discussion whether it be good or BAD about asmed and erdogan practices, without threats of suspensions. It’s getting really frustrating to see how much Melvin in monitoring this thread, it feels like users can’t express their opinion without him diving in. The only person who is derailing it is you.

And If users have questions which kind of branch off, but are still kind of related to the procedure, why can’t we discuss them in this thread? Instead of telling people ‘if you have a question please create a topic’, what’s the big deal if a question gets discussed in here? 

• Like 3

I would also like to add I made a topic discussing the asmed clinic, which had a lively discussion, with many people’s input for and against the clinic, which got suddenly shut down right after a guy added a comment describing many other poor cases he found from the clinic (international forum I’m assuming)

granted I made the topic looking for advice on whther I should back out of the clinic which I did come to a decision and is why it ‘apparently’ had to be closed, but it was still a topic that had a very healthy debate and it was annoying that Melvin had to close it down.

Also, after I made that topic I was shocked to discover that I too had been suspended from posting, when that was the only topic I had made and had never really commented anywhere else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PGDMMB said:

I would also like to add I made a topic discussing the asmed clinic, which had a lively discussion, with many people’s input for and against the clinic, which got suddenly shut down right after a guy added a comment describing many other poor cases he found from the clinic (international forum I’m assuming)

granted I made the topic looking for advice on whther I should back out of the clinic which I did come to a decision and is why it ‘apparently’ had to be closed, but it was still a topic that had a very healthy debate and it was annoying that Melvin had to close it down.

Also, after I made that topic I was shocked to discover that I too had been suspended from posting, when that was the only topic I had made and had never really commented anywhere else. 

The thread is still available to view.

"which got suddenly shut down right after a guy added a comment describing many other poor cases he found from the clinic (international forum I’m assuming)"

Actually someone else did a lengthy search and posted links around 15 positive results on the international forum from the past year which you fail to mention and Bill posted 6 positive cases from this forum that he saw from a quick look. There was another guy who came and posted two unhappy patient from the Italian forum, neither had especially poor results. Anyone who gets a certain level of growth is offered a touch-up

So why lie and say "many other poor cases" and avoid the fact that someone else provided 15 positive cases a few posts beforehand?   You keep acting like you're trying to make them clinic more accountable and educate patients, so why are you so explicitly being misleading?

Not to mention that anyone that suggested you were overreacting was called a bulldog including the mods. You say above that you want an open debate, except apparently one where everyone who disagrees with you and can provide evidence to the contrary should piss off. How lacking in any shred of self-awareness can you get? Saying that people can't voice  their opinions, yet you engage in personal attacks, name calling of those who disagree with you and say they shouldn't respond. Anyone, even those with personal experience that respond disagreeing with you is an instance of "derailing" a conversation apparently.  Among the hundreds of those who get good results, the majority aren't interesting in getting into a flame war with a group of irrational, delusional children like yourself. Some like HT0 outright tells those who are happy with their results from the clinic that they are bad and don't know what a natural hairline looks like. Pathetic.

I wouldn't have responded, but you explicitly bring me up by name. You also tried to diminish my results on the previous thread saying you would wish to have hair like mine before I had any work done before I could respond and the thread was closed. Right, because you really wish you had hair like this, I'm sure:

Hair.thumb.jpg.306e01b2c958aaaf9a11b6bb88992671.jpg

You were clearly being disingenuous and using it as an excuse to attack the clinic with a baseless comment that you didn't think anyone would check up on.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, PGDMMB said:

Man... I really wish the mods and jean would just leave this thread alone and stop butting in every 5 minutes.

Let the people have the freedom to have an honest discussion whether it be good or BAD about asmed and erdogan practices, without threats of suspensions. It’s getting really frustrating to see how much Melvin in monitoring this thread, it feels like users can’t express their opinion without him diving in. The only person who is derailing it is you.

And If users have questions which kind of branch off, but are still kind of related to the procedure, why can’t we discuss them in this thread? Instead of telling people ‘if you have a question please create a topic’, what’s the big deal if a question gets discussed in here? 

Asking questions de-rails the thread, which is about payams progress. This is why threads, sections and subsections exist. This is how forums work, there is an order that needs to be maintained, so that other members that have similar questions can access it and find it easily. Imagine you have a good legitimate question that may benefit others in knowing. How will others find it when it’s asked on someone’s progress thread? 

You were not suspended either, I’m not sure how you got the warning, but it was obviously revoked. Trying to make it seem like I suspended you because you posted a thread is an outright lie. I notified you via private message that you shouldn’t have had the warning and that it was removed immediately. Honestly, I’m shocked you would say this, because the proof is still in the private message history.

I’m commenting on payams progress, which I’m entitled to do, just like anyone else. I’m giving him my opinion and I don’t censor anyone for giving their honest opinion whether it’s good or bad. However, we don’t allow posters to maliciously malign a surgeon for no reason or posters with an agenda. This is not a surgeon bashing free for all forum. If that’s what your here for you’re in the wrong place. 

Warm regards-Melvin 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

The thread is still available to view.

"which got suddenly shut down right after a guy added a comment describing many other poor cases he found from the clinic (international forum I’m assuming)"

Actually someone else did a lengthy search and posted links around 15 positive results on the international forum from the past year which you fail to mention and Bill posted 6 positive cases from this forum that he saw from a quick look. There was another guy who came and posted two unhappy patient from the Italian forum, neither had especially poor results. Anyone who gets a certain level of growth is offered a touch-up

So why lie and say "many other poor cases" and avoid the fact that someone else provided 15 positive cases a few posts beforehand?   You keep acting like you're trying to make them clinic more accountable and educate patients, so why are you so explicitly being misleading?

Not to mention that anyone that suggested you were overreacting was called a bulldog including the mods. You say above that you want an open debate, except apparently one where everyone who disagrees with you and can provide evidence to the contrary should piss off. How lacking in any shred of self-awareness can you get? Saying that people can't voice  their opinions, yet you engage in personal attacks, name calling of those who disagree with you and say they shouldn't respond. Anyone, even those with personal experience that respond disagreeing with you is an instance of "derailing" a conversation apparently.  Among the hundreds of those who get good results, the majority aren't interesting in getting into a flame war with a group of irrational, delusional children like yourself. Some like HT0 outright tells those who are happy with their results from the clinic that they are bad and don't know what a natural hairline looks like. Pathetic.

I wouldn't have responded, but you explicitly bring me up by name. You also tried to diminish my results on the previous thread saying you would wish to have hair like mine before I had any work done before I could respond and the thread was closed. Right, because you really wish you had hair like this, I'm sure:

Hair.thumb.jpg.306e01b2c958aaaf9a11b6bb88992671.jpg

You were clearly being disingenuous and using it as an excuse to attack the clinic with a baseless comment that you didn't think anyone would check up on.

Oh here comes another essay from jean now this IS what I call derailing a thread.

The only person who name calls and acts like a child is you, when have i once disrespected or name called anyone? I’m sure you’ve already been reported by other users and warned about this too. Not to mention your belittling reply. Kettle black.

i have not been using this forum long, I have not made many posts or even comments, I am only calling what I see and that is that anyone who wants to bring forward some poor results or has a bad opinion about the clinic, gets shouted down and patronised by yourself.

i am not here to shit on asmed, I am neutral, in fact the time I have engaged with them during my enquiry, they have been fantastic with their customer service.    But I can’t help but feel annoyed when I see your name and that stupid final fantasy avatar, with long winded replies, paragraph after paragraph (now you have me doing it) to other users who have a disagreement with you.

You are acting like I am going from thread to thread shit talking them which is not the case. I am just saying what I see and that is you defending your doctor by any means necessary.

As for your Barnet and the comment I made before, I do apologise I must have saw a before picture from your second procedure, my bad.

Now us going back and forth arguing on payams thread, like I said, IS derailing this topic and is not helping anybody, but all I’m asking is that you pipe down a bit mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2018 at 7:50 PM, FarsanUk said:

Payam. I understand you are trying to create awareness of the clinic's problems and all points you make have validity to it. What do you want to happen on their part? An apology? a reason why it happened? or how they can fix things? Maybe ask for a partial refund - not a repair from them. The fact is none of this is going to make you result better and once you lose confidence in a clinic you should not go back it is just crazy to go back to them now. So you need to think forwards and how can you make the best of what donor you have remaining and pick a surgeon that ticks all your boxes now that you know so much more. The problem is from all the so called top surgeons in the world Dr Erdogan is probably the most affordable in the sense that people can find a way of raising that sort of cash somehow. So as a result people think well there is no other good option for them and pick Asmed because they really want to sort their problem out. However, you are now in a situation that you simply cannot afford to pick a clinic based on a balance of quality and price. It has to be completely in terms of track record of repairing, high quality, ethics and attention to detail. Unfortunately that usually comes at a cost but if you cannot afford that then wait until you can as surgery will always be there. Use what donor you have got very carefully - you have a lifeline (you have not been botched) its is more than repairable. 

Fair warning: If you recently had your surgery with Asmed then do yourself a favour and stop reading this thread as it will only cause you unnecessary grief and these are just my personal opinions based on my own research. (Not to you Farsan just other guys that are reading this)

I personally didn't pick Erdogan because of the price as it wasn't an issue for me, but if you do very little research like I did previously you would think Erdogan was the FUE god when the reality is very different. I think it's a travesty what is being done in turkey at the moment, and forums like this are enabling it. There is a reason why Erdogan will quote you 40-50% more grafts than any other surgeon. And people with extreme personal biases on this forum are quick to severely criticize other clinics for the smallest missteps, yet when this clinic uses several teams of unnamed techs, has several questionable to downright awful results in the past two years, are opening a megaclinic next to radisson (how do you think they are training these new techs?) and the doctor is barely involved in the surgery as is.. these same people pretend like nothing is wrong.

Edited by Payam
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Asking questions de-rails the thread, which is about payams progress. This is why threads, sections and subsections exist. This is how forums work, there is an order that needs to be maintained, so that other members that have similar questions can access it and find it easily. Imagine you have a good legitimate question that may benefit others in knowing. How will others find it when it’s asked on someone’s progress thread? 

You were not suspended either, I’m not sure how you got the warning, but it was obviously revoked. Trying to make it seem like I suspended you because you posted a thread is an outright lie. I notified you via private message that you shouldn’t have had the warning and that it was removed immediately. Honestly, I’m shocked you would say this, because the proof is still in the private message history.

I’m commenting on payams progress, which I’m entitled to do, just like anyone else. I’m giving him my opinion and I don’t censor anyone for giving their honest opinion whether it’s good or bad. However, we don’t allow posters to maliciously malign a surgeon for no reason or posters with an agenda. This is not a surgeon bashing free for all forum. If that’s what your here for you’re in the wrong place. 

Warm regards-Melvin 

Melvin

I am not here to bash any surgeon, I look forward to using this forum to share my own story 

However I was restricted from commenting on anything unless it went through you. Is that being suspended? I don’t know the penalties apologies but someone did it around the time that topic was active. So you tell me how does that look?

Yes it was something that was resolved but after reading in this thread that other users have been threatend with suspensions I thought i would speak up.

I am glad you are a helpful mod that is involved but when you close down threads and threaten users with penalties it becomes tiring. Also no offence but you are not an expert or a surgeon, your opinion on other progress is just that, an opinion, just the same as ours.

Edited by PGDMMB
  • Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, PGDMMB said:

Melvin

I am not here to bash any surgeon, I look forward to using this forum to share my own story 

However I was restricted from commenting on anything unless it went through you. Is that being suspended? I don’t know the penalties apologies but someone did it around the time that topic was active. So you tell me how does that look?

Yes it was something that was resolved but after reading in this thread that other users have been threatend with suspensions I thought i would speak up.

I am glad you are a helpful mod that is involved but when you close down threads and threaten users with penalties it becomes tiring. Also no offence but you are not an expert or a surgeon, your opinion on other progress is just that, an opinion, just the same as ours.

I clearly told you that was an error, in my private message I told you that the restriction was sent to you in error. Therefore, no you weren't suspended, because I revoked the suspension and warning points. No where have I claimed to be an expert or surgeon. However, I am hair transplant veteran, as I have had three procedures myself, so I speak and comment from firsthand experience. Furthermore, I clearly stated that I'm on this thread to provide my opinion, which I am entitled to do, as is everyone. I think it's a bit ridiculous to ask me to stop providing my opinion on a thread created for just that.

In closing, your thread was locked because the thread was specifically created to help you make a decision, the decision was made. Therefore, there was no reason to keep the thread open. Have I closed down the "problem with Erdogan hairlines" thread? No, because that's a thread that was created for continuous open dialog. If there is a thread that is created for the purpose of assisting someone make a decision and that person makes the decision, there's no reason to keep it open. Moreover, there is already an open thread that discusses Dr. Erdogan and his clinic's practices, there is no need for two.

Anything non-related to Payam, please send me a private message, we have de-railed this thread enough thank you for your cooperation.

Warm regards-Melvin

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I clearly told you that was an error, in my private message I told you that the restriction was sent to you in error. Therefore, no you weren't suspended, because I revoked the suspension and warning points. No where have I claimed to be an expert or surgeon. However, I am hair transplant veteran, as I have had three procedures myself, so I speak and comment from firsthand experience. Furthermore, I clearly stated that I'm on this thread to provide my opinion, which I am entitled to do, as is everyone. I think it's a bit ridiculous to ask me to stop providing my opinion on a thread created for just that.

In closing, your thread was locked because the thread was specifically created to help you make a decision, the decision was made. Therefore, there was no reason to keep the thread open. Have I closed down the "problem with Erdogan hairlines" thread? No, because that's a thread that was created for continuous open dialog. If there is a thread that is created for the purpose of assisting someone make a decision and that person makes the decision, there's no reason to keep it open. Moreover, there is already an open thread that discusses Dr. Erdogan and his clinic's practices, there is no need for two.

Anything non-related to Payam, please send me a private message, we have de-railed this thread enough thank you for your cooperation.

Warm regards-Melvin

Lol 2 things:

1. you weren’t suspended. I lifted the suspension so you weren’t suspended.. makes sense

2. I forgot that there are never two of the exact same threads in this forum. Once there is a thread discussing FUE vs FUT there can’t be and won’t be anymore!

My 2 cents for what it’s worth being on this forum... the moderators do a little too much moderating on this forum

• Like 1

Hairlosspa,

I’m not exactly sure what happened above but I will ask Melvin because I’m a little unclear. I’m also unclear about what’s going on with some other topic about FUT versus FUE that he says will not be anymore. That doesn’t sound right to me so I need to check with him.

Just for being suspended in advertently, all I can do is apologize. I wasn’t involved but obviously, we certainly don’t want to  give members the impression that we ban them for no reason. 

On the other hand, in what way do you mean that we Moderat too much? When something is unbalanced or unfair, there is a need to moderate. There are some forums that moderate WAY more than we do  and there are other  forums where it’s a free-for-all with no moderation. 

However, I would like to hear your opinion on why you think it’s too heavy moderated. So send me a private message rather than hijack this topic and let’s discuss it. 

Bill

• Administrators
4 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

Lol 2 things:

1. you weren’t suspended. I lifted the suspension so you weren’t suspended.. makes sense

2. I forgot that there are never two of the exact same threads in this forum. Once there is a thread discussing FUE vs FUT there can’t be and won’t be anymore!

My 2 cents for what it’s worth being on this forum... the moderators do a little too much moderating on this forum

When you’re suspended you receive warning points that do not expire. If it’s revoked then the warning points are reversed. So, there is no suspension.

I have no idea what you’re talking about FUE and FUT, we encourage healthy discussions and debate. Now, obviously we don’t want the forum spammed with the same topic over and over again. However, I’m not saying there can’t be more than one thread about the same topic ever. You’re entitled to your opinion, moderation is necessary for the forum to run smoothly and maintain a balance. 

I receive countless private messages a day helping fellow hair loss sufferers. I was a regular poster for years before ever becoming moderator, so those who’ve been here a while know my nature of wanting to help.  You can’t please everyone, best of luck to you and your endeavors.

warm regards- Melvin 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

4 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Hairlosspa,

I’m not exactly sure what happened above but I will ask Melvin because I’m a little unclear. I’m also unclear about what’s going on with some other topic about FUT versus FUE that he says will not be anymore. That doesn’t sound right to me so I need to check with him.

Just for being suspended in advertently, all I can do is apologize. I wasn’t involved but obviously, we certainly don’t want to  give members the impression that we ban them for no reason. 

On the other hand, in what way do you mean that we Moderat too much? When something is unbalanced or unfair, there is a need to moderate. There are some forums that moderate WAY more than we do  and there are other  forums where it’s a free-for-all with no moderation. 

However, I would like to hear your opinion on why you think it’s too heavy moderated. So send me a private message rather than hijack this topic and let’s discuss it. 

Bill

Bill

just my opinion, but I think mods should be neutral in discussions and should not take one side, which quite clearly looking through the comments it appears some have an agenda and are quite biased. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PGDMMB said:

Bill

just my opinion, but I think mods should be neutral in discussions and should not take one side, which quite clearly looking through the comments it appears some have an agenda and are quite biased. 

agreed. i won’t give specifics but they’re clear

and my second point was just an example. there are hundreds of people making threads about FUE vs FUT, or Surgeon1 vs Surgeon2, or What is the recovery time for X? Based on what Melvin said “Moreover, there is already an open thread that discusses Dr. Erdogan and his clinic's practices, there is no need for two.“ is just silly to make that comment. That’s basically saying “okay every topic has been covered already. do your research and don’t make the same topic twice” lol

I don’t want to continue this so this will be my last post regarding the above.

Good luck Payam

1 hour ago, PGDMMB said:

Bill

Pgdmmb,

It is the responsibility and duty of the moderators to keep this forum fair and balanced - which is the spirit of our terms of use.  

We have long-held surgeons accountable for their results by allowing patient to share they’re genuine opinions and experiences. Surgeons who are recommended, who know longer meet our high standards are discontinued in their recommendation status. However, each situation is investigated prior to removing a surgeon on a case by case basis.  One poor result is not the same as a particular surgeon no longer producing outstanding results on a regular basis. However, this has happened and we have removed many surgeons as a result  

Similarly however, patients must also be held accountable for their posts.  We are neutral until there is a reason not to be.  In other words, when a patient begins unfairly maligning a surgeon, it is the duty of the moderators to step in.  Unfairly maligning a surgeon or another member for that reason is not fair or balanced and is against our policies.  

So if you feel this is unfair of the moderators, then I’m sorry you feel that way but these are the rules and they are clearly listed. We certainly appreciate member feedback and opinions  and will do our best to continue to be fair. We aren’t perfect and sometimes, it may appear that we are leaning one way or another but there is always a reason. We aren’t always correct in our assessment, we are not infallible and we recognize that. 

However, members will be held accountable for their posts just as surgeons will be held accountable for their results. 

Best wishes,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hairlosspa,

It is not the same thing to compare many different topics about FUT verses FUE to  waiting more than one topic to present a single case of poor growth from a clinic. 

As I mentioned above, the duties and the responsibilities of the moderators are to keep this forum fair and balanced.   Creating multiple topics about FUT versus FUE doesn’t create an unfair environment. However, it is unfair to a particular surgeon to create multiple topics that they have to keep track of and respond to regarding a single case or practices at an individual doesn’t necessarily like. 

So yes, there will be times where we simply say, a topic has already been created for this and to keep discussion there.   Clearly, we wouldn’t do this for general educational topics, but when it comes to a controversy that involves  multiple parties sharing their side of the story and views and a need for moderation - then we are not going to create more work for everybody by allowing multiple topics about the same thing, especially when it’s potentially damaging to an individual.  

I trust this make sense to you and that it clears things up. 

Bill

On 11/19/2018 at 8:35 PM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Pgdmmb,

It is the responsibility and duty of the moderators to keep this forum fair and balanced - which is the spirit of our terms of use.  

We have long-held surgeons accountable for their results by allowing patient to share they’re genuine opinions and experiences. Surgeons who are recommended, who know longer meet our high standards are discontinued in their recommendation status. However, each situation is investigated prior to removing a surgeon on a case by case basis.  One poor result is not the same as a particular surgeon no longer producing outstanding results on a regular basis. However, this has happened and we have removed many surgeons as a result  

Similarly however, patients must also be held accountable for their posts.  We are neutral until there is a reason not to be.  In other words, when a patient begins unfairly maligning a surgeon, it is the duty of the moderators to step in.  Unfairly maligning a surgeon or another member for that reason is not fair or balanced and is against our policies.  

So if you feel this is unfair of the moderators, then I’m sorry you feel that way but these are the rules and they are clearly listed. We certainly appreciate member feedback and opinions  and will do our best to continue to be fair. We aren’t perfect and sometimes, it may appear that we are leaning one way or another but there is always a reason. We aren’t always correct in our assessment, we are not infallible and we recognize that. 

However, members will be held accountable for their posts just as surgeons will be held accountable for their results. 

Best wishes,

Bill

You say one poor result yet on this very forum there are a number of them, boulderbalder, webhandler, rwethereyet, planetstephen, ht0416 and me, these were the ones i found with a quick search and more on other forums as well, they are not hard to find.

Look at Acegiks first thread (older case), Asmed supposedly told him 99% of the grafts survived his first transplant, how is that possible?

Edited by Payam
  • Like 1

Hey Payam, I've been watching your growth, as well as others' progress, for a while now (I'd been lurking in this forum long before creating this account).  Just watched your video and have looked at all your pics, as well.  To be honest with you, there does seem to be marked improvement between months 4 and 8.  Each time you've posted, there's been progress (though I can understand how it might be hard to notice when you see yourself in the mirror every day).  As far as your video is concerned, yes, it's still a bit thin on the left side, but it looks a lot thicker than it did just a few months ago.  Based on your trajectory, it seems completely within the realm of possibility that your hair could thicken up significantly between now and the 18 month mark.  You're not even at a year yet, right?  

You should know that, regardless of some of the arguments and negativity on here, we're all rooting for you.  From what I've read/seen, I think things may actually turn out reasonably well if you give this some time.  

• Like 1

I have been seeing your thread for some while now and to me it seems like your HT failed. It yielded below average results. But I really hope you get great result at the end of the day.  

This makes me anxious xD because I had my HT just few months after you and I really hope same tech. team didn't work on me.

I'll advise you to stay positive and hope for the best. Asmed is a good clinic and I am sure they will help you out anyway possible .