FUE with Dr. Diep 1,300 grafts total (5,300)

• Administrators
Looks great HT - It's been a long but fruitful journey !

Will you be keeping away from the forum's now that you're pretty much done ?

Yea I’ll stop by from time to time, tbh hair transplants have become somewhat of a passion of mine, I like to stay up to date and using this forum is a way to stay up to date, of course staying away from drama and negative people.

Hey HTsoon,

Your hair is looking great, it must be unimaginable right now for you to think of yourself as a balding Norwood 6.

Well done and well deserved.

Mission Accomplished.

That means a lot coming from you Shera, when I was balding I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognize the reflection staring back at me, now I look in the mirror and think this is how it should’ve been.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am 100% satisfied, I don’t have to use concealers, I want to, that’s the difference, I didn’t use concealers for my first two procedures and I was happy, but to achieve the look I want I choose to use them. You have to remember also I was bald Norwood 6 you can never match your original density with transplants alone when you’re Norwood 6.

Well it looks great man. I am happy for you

Can u give us a rough estimate of the total cost ? I’m happy for u ,, n u had everything planned out to accomplish these results .. but most of us can’t afford this many procedures .. please advise on what is likely the cost for all these transplants, so we can make our own plan n if it’s worth it .. thanks ..

QUOTE when I was balding I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognize the reflection staring back at me, now I look in the mirror and think this is how it should’ve been.

This statement here really resonates to me when I started out and can totally relate. Am sure it strikes a chord with many others too.

Congrats on your HT journey man. The outcome has been great ??

• Administrators
Can u give us a rough estimate of the total cost ? I’m happy for u ,, n u had everything planned out to accomplish these results .. but most of us can’t afford this many procedures .. please advise on what is likely the cost for all these transplants, so we can make our own plan n if it’s worth it .. thanks ..

Rough estimate is the cost of a brand new car. There are many factors to consider, I stayed in California for my procedures, I chose FUE, you can pay considerably less having a procedure abroad or getting FUT, it all depends on your goals.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Well guys, yesterday was my third FUE procedure 2nd with Dr. Diep, so in total i've had around 5,300-5,400 grafts all via FUE.

I stayed at the Bristol Hotel literally 1 mile away from Dr. Diep's office, surgery was at 7:30 AM, I woke up had breakfast which was complimentary of the hotel, I arrived at Dr. Diep's around 7:38, they handed me the lunch menu, a variety of different places, being the American I am I chose a burger place lol.

Once Dr. Diep came in we went in to his office he asked me what my plan was for this procedure, he also did advise me that due to my previous surgeries my donor was limited so we would have to be smart in our strategy, we both agreed that 500 grafts in the midscalp behind the forelock and the rest in the upper portion of the crown with my density on the left to comb from left to right and on the right to comb right downward would be best for me. It's important to be realistic and understand the limitations of supply and demand. So he drew the areas that we were going to work on that day.

I have to say my experience with Dr. Diep was very pleasant, the previous procedure I was pretty much knocked out the whole time, this time I was awake for quite a bit, I was awake for the extractions which I can assure are done by Dr.Diep, the recipient sites as well, I nodded off once the grafts were placed.

I made a FATAL mistake when my GF was driving me home I was still kinda drugged up, I live in LA so its a 5 hour drive from the Bay area, she braked hard and I hit my head on the dashboard, some blood came out coincidentally Dr. Diep had texted me to see if everything was okay, i told him what happened and texted him the pictures he said unfortunately some of those grafts may have been lost, the good thing is that it was only a small portion, he said not to touch the recipient area and keep the surgical cap on. I'm really kicking myself for not being careful out of three surgeries this was the first time this happened :(. Oh well if anything it was only maybe 3-4 grafts that were damaged but still when you're a Norwood 6 grafts are weighted in gold.

Anyways now I'm sitting at home and as promised I will be documenting my procedure, here are some pics taken pre-op and post op along with my donor area at the moment.

Pre-Op crown photo, the top portion where the circles are marked are the areas that would receive the most density

GJsQRLu.jpg

Pre-OP midscalp the circle just above my frontal forelock, this area when grown out will maximize the layering effect when I comb from left to right or if I decide to slick my hair back

CYEI00u.jpg

The damaged grafts of when I hit my head :mad:

JaiITCW.jpg

Crown post op, Dr. Diep was surprised he was able to cover that much

z664g1G.jpg

Mid Scalp the red bloody spots were from yesterday preying that they can survive by some miracle

zTgiV32.jpg

Back donor area

4cnICFk.jpg

Left side view

iSJbDBZ.jpg

Right side view

RlGDE6y.jpg?1

hey just came across your thread. results are amazing.

I'm wondering if your transplanted hair texture is the same as your original hair, or is it wiry and thick like some people complain it to be?

I am looking to get a transplant, possibly even with diep, but am super afraid of the wiry look especially on the hair line

I'm wondering if your transplanted hair texture is the same as your original hair, or is it wiry and thick like some people complain it to be?

I am looking to get a transplant, possibly even with diep, but am super afraid of the wiry look especially on the hair line

Dr. Diep has literally hundreds of before and after videos on YouTube. You should take a look.

• Administrators

Transplanted hair can appear wirey in the first few months of growth, however after about 18 months it is no different than any other hair on your scalp. The wirey look is only temporary, i did experience it in the beginning around 6-12 months post op. Now nearly 3 years later, my hair looks absolutely normal like it did before i went bald.

View my thread

Transplanted hair can appear wirey in the first few months of growth, however after about 18 months it is no different than any other hair on your scalp. The wirey look is only temporary, i did experience it in the beginning around 6-12 months post op. Now nearly 3 years later, my hair looks absolutely normal like it did before i went bald.

Wow that is truly amazing. Yeah ive heard horror stories of the hair frowing in weird or whatever so that would be my main worry. Do you have any hairline photos?

• Administrators
Wow that is truly amazing. Yeah ive heard horror stories of the hair frowing in weird or whatever so that would be my main worry. Do you have any hairline photos?

Look at my first thread in my signature, i also have videos on YouTube, search HTSoon and theyll come up, my first video I comb through the hairline while it is wet.

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Melvin Htsoon, have you experimented growing your hair longer? Is it personal preference how long you have your hair? I was curious if transplanted hair just doesnt look right too long and thought you'd be the perfect person to ask. I remember watching a video that the hair transplant mentor put up on you tube saying that transplanted hair just didn't seem right grown own long or maybe that was just his personal preference. In any case, has it been something you've considered? Thanks for the feedback.

• Administrators

I grew my hair long once, I looked terrible, it doesn’t match my face so I would never grow my hair long. With that said, it has nothing to do with the transplant itself just my own personal preference. Additionally, I would have never chosen FUE if I wanted to grow my hair long I always recommend FUSS for anyone who likes to wear their hair long.

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I’m 15 days post op with dr Diep,I had 1600 grafts done to fill in my hairline,he’s a great dr and his staff are all wonderful,the surgery was very comfortable,unfortunately for me right now I’m really freaking out ,I’ve been unlucky I guess, my donor area is not growing back how I would have liked,and unfortunately yesterday after showering I had some shock loss to my left temple area(native hairs),about 1 inch away from my recipient area,it just fell out in the shower,about the size of half a quarter,I feel so alone and regretting this whole decision I made,I can’t talk to anybody ,I kept my transplant a secret,I’m really down about this ,I mean at the point of tears,I wish I had not have given in to my own selfishness and vanity,I could really use somebody to talk to right now ,I’m so alone in all this,I’ve never felt this alone and sad before,I’m worried the shock loss is permanent,I think I may have some shock loss in donor area but not sure if it’s just taking too much time for hair to grow over,is there anybody out there with any words of wisdom right now,sorry for coming across as such a desperate lost soul,I just don’t know what to do,I did This to myself which makes it worse,

• Administrators

Shock loss in a par of the process, unfortunately most of the time you look worse before you look better.

Here are some tips in an article I wrote

3 ways to deal with having a hair transplant at work | Regrow Hair Q&A

View my thread

Hey James did u do Fue or FUT?

I also have the same fears as u .. n I have an upcoming surgery date with diep also .. some days I’m ready to do it ,. Then some days my hair don’t seem too bad n I worry if the transplant will do more harm than good ..

So could start ur own thread and document it with pics n stuff, so I can keep track of ur progress.. thanks

Was it patchy?mine is a patch ,really got me down bro,I’m so greatfull for your reply ,it means so much right now to hear something positive,I called the doctors and he said it will grow back,if it’s shock loss,I was overly stressed yesterday,it’s been over 2 weeks hiding out,been going to work wearing a beanie,it’s really uncomfortable cos it’s warm here in California,I had hoped to wear my baseball hat after 1 week,but unfortunately the donor area is still visible and red and the cap doesn’t cover it all,now I’m hoping the patch of shock loss I have is all I get and it doesn’t spread ,when did your shockloss begin?

Hey James did u do Fue or FUT?

I also have the same fears as u .. n I have an upcoming surgery date with diep also .. some days I’m ready to do it ,. Then some days my hair don’t seem too bad n I worry if the transplant will do more harm than good ..

So could start ur own thread and document it with pics n stuff, so I can keep track of ur progress.. thanks

Hey legend,

Sure I’ll start a thread soon so you can see progress(I pray progress)