FUE with Dr. Diep 1,300 grafts total (5,300)

• Administrators
For 5k fues donor area looks dam great. I wonder if the acell he likes to use is having that affect. Are you taking propecia

I didn't use the Acell for any surgery so I'm not sure how effective it is, I am not taking propecia, I tried proscar when I was 21 and I got really bad side effects so I discontinued using it, in my signature I list everything im taking for hair loss prevention.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

So here's my 5.5 month update, growth is happening, but VERY slowly, when you hear that the crown takes longer to grow they aren't lying, I am still getting pimples in my crown area from sprouting hairs breaking through the skin. I haven't been stressing about it or anything, my expectations aren't very high since I only got less than a 1,000 grafts solely in the crown, the midscalp has grown in nicely, the density in the middle is really helping the illusion of density immensely, if you have a slightly weak midscalp a small amount of grafts can go a long way. Anyways here are some shots from different angles.

fullsizeoutput_142.jpeg

IMG_0761.JPG

fullsizeoutput_14d.jpeg

IMG_0762.JPG

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Man it looks great!, so happy for you.

One more thing it will continue to thicken for you till about 1-1.5 years. Mine continued to thicken till about year and 3 months or so. It can only look better from here.

Great result, congratulations to you and Dr. Diep.

Ans WOW, look at the donor side, looks untouched!.

My Thread: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thanks guys, I'm not expecting life altering results, but things have improved substantially already, and I expect things to improve up until the 18 month mark. Here is the progress ive made thus far the top pic was at 2 months bottom pic now at 6 months. The progress is very slow but its getting better each month. To be honest at this point I can honestly say I'm completely satisfied, even if no more growth happens I have far exceeded my expectations prior to having any surgery.

fullsizeoutput_18d.jpg

View my thread

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

So I'm about a week and half shy of 8 months, I changed my hairstyle from a side part to a slicked back pompadour, it's working wonders on the crown, the coverage is so much better, these photos are taken under different bathroom lighting, at different angles, so far I'd say this surgery has been a success, the growth I feel has been steady but slow, I expect the hairs to mature as the months pass. Hopefully I won't need another surgery for a while but never say never ;)

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

• Like 1

View my thread

It looks great! Your crown is much better and you should still get more growth. It's amazing how you have been transformed compared to before your first HT. The 5300 grafts have done very well for you.

• Administrators

Thanks man, I've come a long way and so have you, how much growth have you experienced since your last update? I really hope i experience more growth but I wouldn't be upset if I don't.

View my thread

So I'm about a week and half shy of 8 months, I changed my hairstyle from a side part to a slicked back pompadour, it's working wonders on the crown, the coverage is so much better, these photos are taken under different bathroom lighting, at different angles, so far I'd say this surgery has been a success, the growth I feel has been steady but slow, I expect the hairs to mature as the months pass. Hopefully I won't need another surgery for a while but never say never ;)

HTsoon, I think your crown coverage looks great with more maturing and thickening of hairs to come. Very happy for you. I've always been impressed with your commentary on this forum, in my opinion you're one of the most educated patients with real insight in the HT field, always providing positive useful opinions to other members. So its a real pleasure seeing your own case be as successful as you wanted it to be. Congrats!

• Administrators

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words:)

View my thread

Outstanding results to date mate. Looking real good, especially from where you started.

• Administrators

Thanks Mav,

For the kind words looking forward to your 18 month update.

View my thread

I believe you will see continuous improvement the coming months. 6 months is just the beginning mate. Comparing the last month to your recent one; its amazing. Crown does take much longer than the frontal.

In terms of styling products, have you tried Hanz De Fuko pomade? I use Hanz de Fuko Claymation. Does wonders for me

• Administrators
I believe you will see continuous improvement the coming months. 6 months is just the beginning mate. Comparing the last month to your recent one; its amazing. Crown does take much longer than the frontal.

In terms of styling products, have you tried Hanz De Fuko pomade? I use Hanz de Fuko Claymation. Does wonders for me

I've never heard of that product, is it on amazon? I'll try it out I currently use Paul Mitchell's texturizer, anything that can help with the my hair is welcome thanks mate:)

Superb!!

Thanks spyk I gotta admit your results are freaking amazing dude congrats.

Very nice! I remember I read once that you use minoxidil on all the areas (crown, mid-scalp and front). Are you still doing that or is it only the crown?

Thanks

No I only use minoxidil on my crown now I was wasting up bottles too quickly putting it all over.

View my thread

As a person who also cannot take Propecia due to side effects I can't tell you how happy this thread makes me feel. I re-read this every few days just to muster up the courage to go through with my 1st HT which is happening this Wednesday.

Your hair looks incredible! Can we see some current hairline shots with the new hairdo?

• Administrators
As a person who also cannot take Propecia due to side effects I can't tell you how happy this thread makes me feel. I re-read this every few days just to muster up the courage to go through with my 1st HT which is happening this Wednesday.

Your hair looks incredible! Can we see some current hairline shots with the new hairdo?

I'm happy this thread inspires you, here are a couple of shots I took whilst on vacation last week.

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

View my thread