FUE with Dr. Diep 1,300 grafts total (5,300)

• Administrators
Was it patchy?mine is a patch ,really got me down bro,I’m so greatfull for your reply ,it means so much right now to hear something positive,I called the doctors and he said it will grow back,if it’s shock loss,I was overly stressed yesterday,it’s been over 2 weeks hiding out,been going to work wearing a beanie,it’s really uncomfortable cos it’s warm here in California,I had hoped to wear my baseball hat after 1 week,but unfortunately the donor area is still visible and red and the cap doesn’t cover it all,now I’m hoping the patch of shock loss I have is all I get and it doesn’t spread ,when did your shockloss begin?

Take a look at my first thread, you will see I suffered donor area shock loss, by 6 months not only had it grown back, but my transplant did as well. Use dermmatch for the time being to conceal any thin patches it really works great and is undetectable.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi all,

I’m 19 days post op,FUE,going through a really terrible time with shock loss,I had 1600 grafts done to fill in my hair line,my left temple has some terrible shock loss,also my donor area has shock loss,is there anybody here who has experienced this and had it grow back again,I’m absolutely distraught over this to say the least,all I’ve read is it may or may not come back,not very comforting, please anybody that has gone through this please let me know,I’m going through a really bad time right now , I wish I could turn back time and have the hair I had before,please reply somebody,I’m alone in all this and have nobody to turn to ,

Take a look at my first thread, you will see I suffered donor area shock loss, by 6 months not only had it grown back, but my transplant did as well. Use dermmatch for the time being to conceal any thin patches it really works great and is undetectable.

I just seen this Melvin,thank you so much for replying

• Administrators
Here’s a picture of my shock loss on temple area close to recipient area,anybody have any thoughts on this

This doesn’t appear to be shock loss, it appears to be Alopecia Areata which is an autoimmune issue, it’s typically treated with steroid injections or topical corticosteroids. I would definitely contact the clinic and go in person. Alopecia Areata can come suddenly and it typically resolves on its own. Also, James to keep this thread on track I ask that you please create your own thread with any additional questions or concerns. Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks Melvin,I will start my own Thread,why have I never had this before the hair Transplant,you’re thinking this has nothing to do with surgery ?can the trauma Of surgery trigger this?ive never experienced anything like this before,

I personally think it’s due to the stress I’ve been going through along with trauma from surgery,i have a follow up appointment in 1 week, is there anything you recommend over the counter I could use in the meantime?

• Administrators

James please create a theead is your own.

View my thread