FUE with Dr. Diep 1,300 grafts total (5,300)

Why could you not shave it? Do you work in sales or something? There are not many career fields that require a certain haircut, but understand how it can draw a lot of unwanted attention. Are you using Topik to cover up the back? I am positive in a few months you will have amazing results.

I just read through your first procedure(s), I never realized your started from a NW6 and did not take meds ever. Interesting case that you have had that great of a result with such advance loss. I am about a NW3 maybe 3.5 with some slight thinning in the crown as well, so it gives me some hope that you were able to basically FUE your whole head with transplanted hair. I have been on propecia since 19 (currently 34), so it has kept most of my hair, yet it slowly, very slowly goes. I figure if I get around 3,000-3,500 grafts in the front my hair will be looking great, but may have to do something do the crown in the future. I plan on going with DIEP as well.

Do you believe that getting FUE makes it impossible to shave your head if you have to in the future? To many scars..etc. I tried shaving my head down for nearly 6 months and I hated it! I decided to grow it back, despite the terrible hairline and started to consider HT within the last 2 years, I guess I always wanted the option if need be to shave it.

• Administrators
Why could you not shave it? Do you work in sales or something? There are not many career fields that require a certain haircut, but understand how it can draw a lot of unwanted attention. Are you using Topik to cover up the back? I am positive in a few months you will have amazing results.

Yea in an office enviroment where a shaved head would not be ideal, looking back I probably should have just shaved it. I use toppik sometimes only when I go out, I don't use it to go to work as my co workers have seen me with the bald crown would be to drastic, when I do use toppik though the crown looks very good.

I just read through your first procedure(s), I never realized your started from a NW6 and did not take meds ever. Interesting case that you have had that great of a result with such advance loss. I am about a NW3 maybe 3.5 with some slight thinning in the crown as well, so it gives me some hope that you were able to basically FUE your whole head with transplanted hair. I have been on propecia since 19 (currently 34), so it has kept most of my hair, yet it slowly, very slowly goes. I figure if I get around 3,000-3,500 grafts in the front my hair will be looking great, but may have to do something do the crown in the future. I plan on going with DIEP as well.

Do you believe that getting FUE makes it impossible to shave your head if you have to in the future? To many scars..etc. I tried shaving my head down for nearly 6 months and I hated it! I decided to grow it back, despite the terrible hairline and started to consider HT within the last 2 years, I guess I always wanted the option if need be to shave it.

Well I did take Proscar when I was 21 10 years ago, I stopped taking it because I suffered pretty bad side effects, I am still taking minoxidil with a few other topical DHT blockers like Azelaic Acid.

If you're expecting to be able to shave your head and see no scars then that's not really possible. You can shave pretty damn close, I go down to 1/2 guard and you can see the scars slightly close up, but the small dot scars don't catch the eye since they are scattered across the entire area. It also depends on how large the session, my first procedure I had 1,850 grafts I shaved my head up until the 6th month when I started to see growth, no one ever said anything to me.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

So this is my third month update guys, I'm happy to say I am out of the ugly duckling phase. The crown has improved from last month, I can feel small hairs when I touch my crown, I am also getting pimples which let's me know growth is occurring. Overall I feel good, I haven't really thought about it or obsessed about it like I did my previous procedure, slow and steady wins the race.

Crown comparison from last month to this month slight improvement.

3gwKBho.jpg

Midscalp shock loss has recovered now im back to square one which im happy about, I do have some pimples caused by the hairs trying to pop out.

nD74l2j.jpg

The donor looks the same it recovered pretty quickly

7QfFh2d.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Thanks Mikey, appreciate the kind words.

View my thread

Hey ht,

Just had a read through from your first procedure to now really impressed with the change. We have been on very similar journeys hey? I too wanted to boost my crown and I'm about 2 months behind you on the latest top up to our crowns good luck and hope your crown fills in I'm sure it will as you hairline was amazing.

• Administrators
How are you typically handling the pimples? Do you treat them at all or just leave them be?

I just leave them be, they typically go away once the hairs start growing.

Nice to hear things are on track :)

I second Mikey's comments. You are a great member with a positive and pragmatic voice. Thanks a lot!

Thanks n00b I appreciate the kind words.

I really hope you get the result you want and finally be done with transplants. you have really put a lot into your hair. I am really rooting for this to be a great result. best of luck ht.

Thanks Matt,

I'm glad your procedure was a success, and I appreciate the kind words.

Hey ht,

Just had a read through from your first procedure to now really impressed with the change. We have been on very similar journeys hey? I too wanted to boost my crown and I'm about 2 months behind you on the latest top up to our crowns good luck and hope your crown fills in I'm sure it will as you hairline was amazing.

Thanks PMA, have you started a new thread for your crown? cheers and here's to more hair in 2017;)

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Your about where you was prior, so good that your mentally tuned in for upto 18 months for your crown & if it comes in any sooner then great:) hang in there buddy.

Thanks ontop,

I am in it for the long haul, I'm glad I at least look as I did before surgery, there was a few months there I looked terrible relying on concealers to get me through, thanks for the support mate I appreciate it.

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

HTsoon, I'm new here but I've been following your progress since your third surgery. Your results from the first two surgeries look incredible. I know this is a strange request, but I'll be in California for a week in April and I was hoping it might be possible to meet you. I've never knowingly seen a good hair transplant in person. I see myself getting a hair transplant in the future, but I'm concerned that I don't really know what one looks like.

Edited by David - Moderator

• Administrators
HTsoon, I'm new here but I've been following your progress since your third surgery. Your results from the first two surgeries look incredible. I know this is a strange request, but I'll be in California for a week in April and I was hoping it might be possible to meet you. I've never knowingly seen a good hair transplant in person. I see myself getting a hair transplant in the future, but I'm concerned that I don't really know what one looks like.

Sure PM me

Edited by David - Moderator

View my thread

• Administrators

So it has officially been 4 months, where has the time gone, it feels like yesterday I was having the procedure, the crown definitely grows slower then the midscalp or hairline, my midscalp is growing in nicely, my hairline grew like wildfire at 4 months, the crown is taking it's sweet time, which is okay, for anyone going through the procedure you have to be patient, any progress is good progress, as long as you can see it that way the waiting won't be bad.

The reason why I am documenting is not only for the benefit of others but to really see where I am at in comparison. I can not stress how important it is to take pictures every week and month, at this point I would say the growth I have had hasn't really had an impact on my overall appearance. However, when I compare my pictures today to two months ago, the difference is quite clear and that let's me know I'm right on track:)

Crown Overhead

fZfOLPy.jpg

Midscalp is growing in quite nicely and a lot quicker than the crown

Xqpnbjf.jpg

Crown Comparison from 4 months to two months

bAMMchV.jpg

kcT90gj.jpg

View my thread

• Administrators
slow and steady wins the race....

Yes indeed slow and steady it's improving slowly but surely.

That is very good progress for the crown HT soon, I'm surprised at the coverage you have at the 4 month mark, look forward to future updates.

Thanks Mick, have you narrowed down your doctor for your crown?

View my thread

Looking really good HTsoon - crown starting to come in nicely! I've heard before that the crown is notoriously slow to come in but it looks like you're well on your way - those side-by-sides really show a big improvement.

Your transformation from before your first procedure to where it's gonna be in a few months is dramatic - congrats and really happy for you.

• Administrators
Looking really good HTsoon - crown starting to come in nicely! I've heard before that the crown is notoriously slow to come in but it looks like you're well on your way - those side-by-sides really show a big improvement.

Your transformation from before your first procedure to where it's gonna be in a few months is dramatic - congrats and really happy for you.

Thanks TJ I appreciate the kind words;)

View my thread

• Administrators
Good amount of fues overall. Crown is Definitely filling in. What's the donor area looking like after all these. Have you tried to rock a #2 or lower for back and sides.

Hi Bless up, thanks for your question I should have included pictures of my donor, it totally slipped my mind but thanks for reminding me, yes in fact I cut my hair myself, I start with a 1/2 guard on the bottom I fade it to a #1, and fade the #1 in to a #2 in the middle, and at the very top near the crown I use a #3 so it's essentially like a semi bald taper. I'm still learning though so my fades aren't the best. Here are a few photos taken a few days ago after I just cut my hair.

fullsizeoutput_12e.jpg

fullsizeoutput_130.jpg

fullsizeoutput_131.jpeg

View my thread