Now Jon Polito, he is a norwood 8

X9n3voN.jpg

Oh wow, there's a guy who got the genetic hair curse.

Just goes to show how lucky we are, HTsoon. I believe Dr. Hasson said he has to turn away about 10% of severe NW6's and NW7's, because there just isnt enough donor hair

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a suspicion Rooney doesn't use finasteride and that's been the real problem for him. I read rumours he started it in 2009 but I just can't see that he would have continued to lose his hair that aggressively over the next 7 years had he been on it.

When he got his first HT he was around a NW5a with plenty of miniaturised but present hair over most of the top of his scalp, with very receded temples and fair crown loss. That was in 2011.

He had a second procedure in 2013 but, to my knowledge, none since. The problem is I think he's heading for a fairly advanced NW5/6 and I think most of the miniaturising hair across the scalp has gone, plus the borders have receded opening up his crown more.

He looked to be balding pretty much from his early 20s and never looked to have the best hair characteristics either, so there was always going to be a limit to what could be achieved whatever money he could throw at the problem. But I suspect the real issue has been he hasn't been on finsteride or hasn't kept up with the drug properly and so what he did have up top has basically gone.

For my money I don't think it looks too bad, even though I'm confident he's got quite a lot of concealer over his scalp. It's definitely thin and sometimes harsh light or rain aren't particularly kind but for someone who I reckon is an out and out NW5+ now, he has decent coverage and can give the illusion of a decent head of hair with a bit of help. I'm pretty sure he'd be largely bald by now otherwise.

He's actually a legit norwood 7, that is a true Norwood 7, the lateral humps on the sides must be completely receded downwards close to the ear to be considered a true norwood 7. That's why it's ridiculous to say Rooney is a norwood 7, he's not even Norwood 6 without the transplant's he'd be a norwood 5.

Now Jon Polito, he is a norwood 8

X9n3voN.jpg

OMG. Jesus couldn't even work a miracle on that one.:eek:

Remember that some of these pictures used may be fake (altered). He is, without a doubt, wearing a lot of concealers in his hair. However, when the hair gets as thin as some of the earlier pictures posted indicate, not even concealers have an effect anymore. In any case, he looks much better with concealers than he did as a balding man.

I also feel that he made a mistake by admitting that he had a HT. On one hand, it has created awareness and perhaps helped alleviate some of the negative stigma that has followed the hair transplant industry for so many years. On the other hand, the media has been absolutely ruthless about his baldness and hair transplant (essentially lambasting it ever chance it got). As if his own perception of his hair loss wasn't enough, he must now be reminded of it by the media. Poor bloke.

Edited by delancey

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The media will do just about anything to sell a story!...:confused:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The first picture is Rooney with concealer and the second is without. Based on where he started his hair transplant is not bad but not as good as when he wears concealer. Although its garbage from the media, its nice for the world to see Rooney transplant without concealers to get a realistic look at his outcome from this clinic.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I thought I read somewhere that Rooney doesn't take finasteride? I think that's difficult for athletes who want to go the HT route because isn't fin banned due to altering hormones? Not that it gives you any sort of athletic edge anyway, I can tell you that firsthand lol.

I remember a few years ago Alex Del Piero (through a mutual friend) was enquiring about a transplant. If I remember correctly he couldn't take finasteride because it was banned from the Olympics. I believe at that time he was considering going. I am not sure about the rules for the different soccer leagues in Europe.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

At the moment we are but will be playing the best team in the world in my opinion the mighty Germans. In the past I didn't like them but considering my bone marrow transplant donor was from Germany I guess I know have German blood.

I have been many times to Holland (love going there) and sad not to see them in the Euros. They have always been my second favorite team. I am a huge AC Milan fan so I remember Guilit, and Van Basten. I was also there during the 2000 Euros and saw Italy luckily beat Holland and then lose to France.

• Administrators
At the moment we are but will be playing the best team in the world in my opinion the mighty Germans. In the past I didn't like them but considering my bone marrow transplant donor was from Germany I guess I know have German blood.

I have been many times to Holland (love going there) and sad not to see them in the Euros. They have always been my second favorite team. I am a huge AC Milan fan so I remember Guilit, and Van Basten. I was also there during the 2000 Euros and saw Italy luckily beat Holland and then lose to France.

Netherlands are much like Argentina, always getting to the Semi-Finals and the finals but never actually winning, I always root for them just because they deserve to win a championship.

Congrats the Italians absolutely outplayed Spain, on paper Spain should've won, the amount of talent they have at their disposal is ridiculous, to be honest, Italy is missing that world class striker that they've always had, like Roberto Baggio, Francesco Totti, Luca Toni, Alessandro Del Piero, even in 2012 they had an up and coming Balotelli that had all the makings of a world class striker, although sadly he's been terrible for AC Milan. Nevertheless, Pelle has been doing a good job, they also have El Shaarawy on the bench which could prove to be useful. I'm rooting for Italy against Germany:D

I've always said a team that plays together as a unit will always beat a team of individual talent. That has been demonstrated in Iceland beating England and Italy beating Spain. I'm impressed with Conte's managing and I think the rivalry between him and Mourinho will be something to watch next season, I definitely think it's going to be Chelsea vs Man U for the title next year.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks I hope Italy wins. You have a good knowledge of soccer and agree Conte will be great in the Premiership.

Netherlands are much like Argentina, always getting to the Semi-Finals and the finals but never actually winning, I always root for them just because they deserve to win a championship.

Actually HTsoon Argentina have won it twice any Brit will painfully remember Maradonna's

hand of god goal en route to winning it in 1986

Actually HTsoon Argentina have won it twice any Brit will painfully remember Maradonna's hand of god goal en route to winning it .

True and it was the winning goal. But Argentina had a great team in 1986. I have a feeling after Iceland they have another painful memory.

I remember when Italy won the World Cup in 2006 I said to myself I could careless if they never win another game. So everything I watch now is gravy and all the past pain was forgotten. Very few people can say they saw there team win two world cups.

True and it was the winning goal. But Argentina had a great team in 1986. I have a feeling after Iceland they have another painful memory.

I remember when Italy won the World Cup in 2006 I said to myself I could careless if they never win another game. So everything I watch now is gravy and all the past pain was forgotten. Very few people can say they saw there team win two world cups.

brazil won it in 2002 and 1994 and germany 2014 and 1990. So quite a few people can say they have seen there team :D.

Its strange how Italy are doing so well though, imo the only thing that looks good on their team sheet is the defence, with the fact that they also play together at the same club they could arguably have the best defence in the tournament.

• Administrators

Actually HTsoon Argentina have won it twice any Brit will painfully remember Maradonna's

hand of god goal en route to winning it in 1986

That's true, I guess I'm just thinking of the most recent tournaments, the hand of god goal the moment when a guy 5'2 can score with his hand in front of a guy a foot taller lol.

I feel for England, individually they have a good squad, sadly though they let Roy Hodgson still manage the national team even after an embarrassing first round knock out in 2014. Had they appointed a different manager, England would probably still be in it. Wales are still in it though at least thats someone to root for from the UK.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Blimey, i wont be cheering on those sheep shaggers, not after watching their players celebrate our loss....hodgson is a complete tool....inept.

Back to rooney...just listening to talksport, andy jacobs is trying to fathom how rooney looked like he had hair in the match, and then the next day was bald.

Lots of the papers have this story now, a dr has come out and said in the mirror, he is using concealer.

2 ht rooney has had now, its not going to happen for him is it.

Talksport are now having a vote to see if rooney should shave his head. 75 per cent in favour

Edited by Yiddo

brazil won it in 2002 and 1994 and germany 2014 and 1990. So quite a few people can say they have seen there team :D.

Its strange how Italy are doing so well though, imo the only thing that looks good on their team sheet is the defence, with the fact that they also play together at the same club they could arguably have the best defence in the tournament.

And there is Argentina 1978 and 1986 but that is only 4 nations out of 234 nationals that are registered to play. There is three important reasons why Italy are doing well. Coach, technical skill and fitness. Its like a hair transplant doctor and his workers. Everyone is important for success.

feel for England, individually they have a good squad, sadly though they let Roy Hodgson still manage the national team even after an embarrassing first round knock out in 2014. Had they appointed a different manager, England would probably still be in it. Wales are still in it though at least thats someone to root for from the UK.

England has only been two semi finals in major tournament since 1966 (1990 and 1996). They are not a super power in football. There league is only because of the foreigners that play in it. England needs to start from scratch and start teaching players at a young age differently. The English managers are not great and the team always lacks leadership.

they'd actually get a performance if they went down a division and picked the best 11 players

they might not have any so -called star players but I bet they'd play with more passion and commitment than the precious, brat premiership players

Hodgson made all the usual England manager mistakes:

• taking half fit players
  • taking players with potential but who finished the season way off form
  • trying to shoehorn players into the team (Rooney) out of position
  • sticking with players who have a history of mistakes (Hart)
  • changing the starting 11 too much (Vardy in and out of the team)

I hope to god we don't appoint Southgate. I'd give Hoddle another go because at least he has some tactical awareness.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Matt I agree with a lot of what you are staying. In my past soccer was more about strength, emotion, and running. Now its about technical skill and intelligence. English has been left behind by a lot of nations that teach this to the young players. Don't get me wrong Beckham technical skill was amongst the best in his prime and Gerrard/Lampard intelligence was world class. But these player are few in England.

The biggest mistake England can make is to have another English Manager. Did you know that the top 10 teams in the premiership are all foreigner managers (Hughes with Stoke is from Wales)? Being Italian and a friend of Conte (you see me and him on my avator) he doesn't tolerate crap. He respects all the player but works them hard for training. There is a time for work and a time for fun. I hope Conte has great success with Chelsea and one day even becomes the English manager.