lool and the debate goes on.

I have to say after seeing the pics from the link above that it hasn't worked out well for him I don't know how many grafts or hairs he got but it looks really thin now. amd I have to agree with dutchie he would of been better served going somewhere else because for one it would of been a whole lot cheaper and second he would of got charged per graft and not hair as the do in harley street and thirdly he could of gone to a better surgeon like the likes of lorenzo. if I was on 300k a week and could afford and 20 thousand euro procedure I'd get straight on my private plan and get it done with him. he must cake he's hair in hair fibres going by them pics from the sun. luckily he's got a thick beard so the donor hair isn't all used up just yet.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I checked, Dr. Lorenzo charges:

6K euros for the first 1000 grafts.

4K for the next 1000 grafts.

2.5 euros times x number of grafts (lifetime).

Not a bad price for one of the very best clinics on Earth.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I wouldn't say I feel sorry for him and lets keep in perspective.

Bale is a multi millionaire and is lucky enough to have options available if he wants to deal with his hair loss. It's up to him whether he wants to deal with it or not. Players in previous era's were not so lucky and didn't have the same options available.

I feel sorry for him in the same way I feel sorry for anyone who loses their hair. Because he's rich we shouldn't sympathise? :rolleyes:

All the money in the world won't reverse a genetic predisposition.

Yeah it's made some difference and framed he's face but I reckon he could've got a better result. hopefully the third time round can produce a better result,hopefully anyway.

lorenzo is a top surgeon, amongst the best I think and he's not far from the UK at all. it's just a shame he doesn't cater for the not so rich. buthe I guess you pay for what you get.

There you go. Thats what I was talking about.

It looks like his surgeon transplanted DHT sensitive hairs, and those are now starting to fall out. I guess looking on the bright side he's just wasted a lot of money and perhaps he can still get a 3rd or 4th HT from a reputable doctor who will use good donor hair

There you go. Thats what I was talking about.

It looks like his surgeon transplanted DHT sensitive hairs, and those are now starting to fall out. I guess looking on the bright side he's just wasted a lot of money and perhaps he can still get a 3rd or 4th HT from a reputable doctor who will use good donor hair

He has had 2 hair transplants, we can presume 5000 grafts

does he have anymore left in the tank for a 3rd or 4th? I mean he is a high norwood

He has had 2 hair transplants, we can presume 5000 grafts

does he have anymore left in the tank for a 3rd or 4th? I mean he is a high norwood

Well, the transplanted hairs that fell out were gonna fall out anyways had they not been transplanted and stayed in the back of his scalp.

So he would have to wait to see how far his Norwood progressed and then go from there. I think his scalp is somewhat salvageable if he doesnt go severe NW7, and if he delves into beard hairs or other BHT

He made a poor decision in the clinic he chose, he obviously didnt do much research. He also had his op done way to early...24 or 25 wasnt it ?

Any ethical decent surgeon probably wouldnt operate on him now. He will be lucky if he even has 1000 grafts left. It would be pointless. Sadly for him, it looks as though he just isnt destined to have hair.

Anyone noticed Graziano Pelle's hair? Looks like he might need a HT in 100 years or so...

I think dear old Wayne would be best to just leave it alone for now and wait until he's retired (which I suspect will be about another 4/5 years). I think he probably had 4000-4500 grafts so far.

His donor always looked a bit weak from day one (fine hairs, some possibly miniaturisation). Strip was out of the question but he may well have got a denser result had the option been there.

As someone else said at least what he has frames his face.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Anyone noticed Graziano Pelle's hair? Looks like he might need a HT in 100 years or so...

I think dear old Wayne would be best to just leave it alone for now and wait until he's retired (which I suspect will be about another 4/5 years). I think he probably had 4000-4500 grafts so far.

His donor always looked a bit weak from day one (fine hairs, some possibly miniaturisation). Strip was out of the question but he may well have got a denser result had the option been there.

Pelle has nothing on Giroud, who has the thickest mane ever

I think Giroud could supply 10 people with hair transplants with hair from his scalp

LOL...you guys are like me now, I always notice a full head of hair on some guys, but I also notice peoples patterns a lot more.

The other day I was in a store and saw this guy who couldnt have been much older than 25 who had one of the worst NW7's I have ever seen. No hope for him unfortunately.

And as I was watching GER-UKR yesteday I noticed their forward Zozulya who has one of the thickest forelocks around. I would think he's a good HT candidate

zozulya-800x474.jpg

Funny because I caught a glimpse of the back of Rooney's head and could have sworn I noticed the faint sign of a strip scar. Not sure what other think, but I thought he had a strip procedure.

image.thumb.jpg.89e23b76ec61f02f6d9c7e5605366bf3.jpg

• Administrators
He made a poor decision in the clinic he chose, he obviously didnt do much research. He also had his op done way to early...24 or 25 wasnt it ?

Any ethical decent surgeon probably wouldnt operate on him now. He will be lucky if he even has 1000 grafts left. It would be pointless. Sadly for him, it looks as though he just isnt destined to have hair.

Everyone is talking bad about his transplant because he cut his hair short, the layering effect is gone. He has way more than 1000 grafts left, id say hes got about 2,500 grafts left plus bodyhair which hehas alot.

This was back in october when his hair was longer, the sides are high and dense, i doubt theyll drop and if so not anytime soon. All he needs is another 1,500 grafts to the midscalp for added density, and to grow it out a bit longer and itll look really good.

IFMbAJ4.jpg

What kills rooney is his naturally thin hair, given his disadvantages he looks good, i dont think hell progress to a norwood 7 hes still a norwood 5 going on 6 his crown is still small, a norwood 6 has an expanded crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

IFMbAJ4.jpg

I'm afraid he's wearing concealer in this photo. You can see the fuzzed/blurring especially in the crown and above the front temple.

I would say without transplants he's full blown NW5 approaching 6.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

pelle and giroud ain't got nothing on novak djokovic though haha.

I think rooney has quite a bit of donor left considering the clinic he went to they charge per hair I'd say he got 5000 hairs not grafts otherwise we in the realms of 8-10 thousand hairs and I dint think he got any where near that sort of number. so what ever 5k hairs works out in grafts ik not sure but it will probs be around 2000-2500 grafts so going by that I'd say he had ls a bit of donor hair left plus beard which appears strong so hope is not lost for Mr rooney just yet.

Edited by Wwiizzkkiidd24

Everyone is talking bad about his transplant because he cut his hair short, the layering effect is gone. He has way more than 1000 grafts left, id say hes got about 2,500 grafts left plus bodyhair which hehas alot.

This was back in october when his hair was longer, the sides are high and dense, i doubt theyll drop and if so not anytime soon. All he needs is another 1,500 grafts to the midscalp for added density, and to grow it out a bit longer and itll look really good.

IFMbAJ4.jpg

What kills rooney is his naturally thin hair, given his disadvantages he looks good, i dont think hell progress to a norwood 7 hes still a norwood 5 going on 6 his crown is still small, a norwood 6 has an expanded crown.

He is wearing concealer, its obvious.....he does for alot of games because he is under the camera. He has had 2 fue already....no surgeon will get another 2500 out of him. Even if the did its all minuterized hair, its dying hair.

He is wearing concealer, its obvious.....he does for alot of games because he is under the camera. He has had 2 fue already....no surgeon will get another 2500 out of him. Even if the did its all minuterized hair, its dying hair

How could he have had 2 FUE's if he has FUT staples in that pic??

• Administrators

I cant say for sure he has 2,500 grafts left i can only speculate just like you, the fact that hes had two transplants means nothing. Ive had two transplants as well, ive gone to see different physicians in person (examined thoroughly) and ive been told i have over 1500 grafts left. Rooneys donor doesnt even look close to depleted.

I also dont think hes had many grafts, maybe 3000-3500 tops certainly not 4000-4500. Typically even lower average donor density have about 5,500 grafts to give.

By my speculation, 3000 grafts plus 2500 puts him at 5500 grafts not including beard. Its certainly not implausible to think he got 1500 grafts first go round then another 1000-1500 second time.

Another thing to consider is lighting hair characteristics and hair length, those photos expose the weakness in the transplant, every transplant can be exposed in certain situation's especially high norwoods. Rooney got the trifecta extensive loss, thin hair diameter, and large head size. Everything considered he looks good in my opinion. Certainly has room for improvement im sure he will in a few years. Ive seen worse outcomes with more donor depletion get fixed.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Speaking of celebrities, Steve Ballmer has to have one of the worst Norwood 7's I have ever seen.

If there was a Norwood 8 he would be it

Both-Bill-Gates-and-Steve-Ballmer-Are-Scaring-Away-Microsoft-CEO-Candidates-WSJ-415398-2.jpg

He's actually a legit norwood 7, that is a true Norwood 7, the lateral humps on the sides must be completely receded downwards close to the ear to be considered a true norwood 7. That's why it's ridiculous to say Rooney is a norwood 7, he's not even Norwood 6 without the transplant's he'd be a norwood 5.

Now Jon Polito, he is a norwood 8

X9n3voN.jpg

View my thread