What are you guys like?! lol He went to the Harley Street Hair Clinic and he even lets them use his story on their website. Both procedures were FUE.

oh yeah I just had a quick look on there website he hid he's second ht from the public very well. you can also see a video of Steven Fletcher on there as well. he's had two procedures like rooney. That's put that one to bed ha.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off topic due to all the bitching but..

would rooney be allowed to take finasteride? It can boost testosterone, I wonder if its allowed under the strict laws of football

Might explain the constant thiness

Bitching? what bitching ha.. I think they ban footballers from taking it because it may enhance there performance but don't hold me to that.

haha I said it in jest

Yeah I thought so. He has had 2 HT at age of 30 with no finasteride.. could he not have waited?

All the money in the world wont buy you more donor hair, and he already is looking really thin at the sides and back. His crown will be next on the list and that will take a lot of grafts

• Administrators

Footballers follow WADA rules and finasteride is not a banned substance. If anything finasteride would mess with your performance because DHT is a key component in aggression, less DHT=less aggression. Taking a DHT compound though like Masteron on the other hand is most definitely banned because that can and will enhance your performance.

I think Rooney is on Finasteride, at the rate he was losing hair in his early 20's his crown should be gone by now, he was definitely going to join the bald by 30 club, me and him are the same age and at the age of 23 I had way more hair then him, by 25 I still had more hair then him, then he got his transplant and his hair loss seemed to have slowed down a lot.

This was rooney at the tender age of 23 you mean to tell me he should've carried on looking like this for the rest of his 20's just to wait until he retires and gets out of the spotlight to get a procedure done? That makes no sense

Og1dUev.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Finasteride is not a banned substance for as HTsoon says, I would guess he is taking it also but of course can't be certain.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Footballers follow WADA rules and finasteride is not a banned substance. If anything finasteride would mess with your performance because DHT is a key component in aggression, less DHT=less aggression. Taking a DHT compound though like Masteron on the other hand is most definitely banned because that can and will enhance your performance.

I think Rooney is on Finasteride, at the rate he was losing hair in his early 20's his crown should be gone by now, he was definitely going to join the bald by 30 club, me and him are the same age and at the age of 23 I had way more hair then him, by 25 I still had more hair then him, then he got his transplant and his hair loss seemed to have slowed down a lot.

This was rooney at the tender age of 23 you mean to tell me he should've carried on looking like this for the rest of his 20's just to wait until he retires and gets out of the spotlight to get a procedure done? That makes no sense

Og1dUev.jpg

He had his first HT in 2011? Thats nearly 5 years ago, so he was 24/25...and he had another one two years later.. would you get 2 HT by time your 30?

I don't see what being in spotlight has to do with it, you only get so much hair, and when he needs another one in 5/10 years, or a 4th one, they may find he doesnt have enough donor hair

then he has the rest of his life to live

• Administrators
He had his first HT in 2011? Thats nearly 5 years ago, so he was 24/25...and he had another one two years later.. would you get 2 HT by time your 30?

I don't see what being in spotlight has to do with it, you only get so much hair, and when he needs another one in 5/10 years, or a 4th one, they may find he doesnt have enough donor hair

then he has the rest of his life to live

He's already addressed his frontal third and midscalp which is the most important aspect of hair restoration, he still has donor hair left should his sides ever recede downward, the crown is something most guys will have to leave thin and or bald. He was already a norwood IV prior to getting his first surgery, the only thing left for him to lose is the crown.

As he ages a bald crown won't look as bad. However, a bald front in your 20's looks a lot worse, and if you think being in the spotlight and being bald before your 30 doesn't matter well then I don't know what else to say.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

He's already addressed his frontal third and midscalp which is the most important aspect of hair restoration, he still has donor hair left should his sides ever recede downward, the crown is something most guys will have to leave thin and or bald. He was already a norwood IV prior to getting his first surgery, the only thing left for him to lose is the crown.

As he ages a bald crown won't look as bad. However, a bald front in your 20's looks a lot worse, and if you think being in the spotlight and being bald before your 30 doesn't matter well then I don't know what else to say.

I'm not denying it looks good, Im just saying he could of been more conservative

Anthony Stokes ( Celtic player ) had one and his looks excellent too

anthony-stokes.jpg

image.jpg

JS80878172.jpg

my bad I thought it was banned I did say don't hold me that lol.

I think they way he's gone about things (him and the clinic) and the planning around he's hair loss was a good approach. I think most nw6 to 7s get used to the idea of being a bit thin at the back.its all about framing your face with the frontal third and imo they have achieved that. they way it looked yesterday me personally would be very happy if I had one and it came out the way it is. and another note to make is he wears he's hair very short on the sides almost a zero at some places and you can't see any scares where the hair was taken from.

Edited by Wwiizzkkiidd24

• Administrators
I'm not denying it looks good, Im just saying he could of been more conservative

Anthony Stokes ( Celtic player ) had one and his looks excellent too

JS80878172.jpg

Rooneys transplant is a lot more conservative than stokes by a mile. Personally stokes transplant looks excellent but too aggressive in my opinion, it's to low and straight. I think he should've saved some precious grafts by being more conservative on the temples, could run in to problems in the future hopefully not. If you look at rooneys his hairline starts pretty far up on his head and the temples are a bit receded giving him a mature hairline that will definitely look good as he ages overall I think he had a better strategy.

gMItptv.jpg

View my thread

My guess would be about 2300 first HT and maybe another 1300-1500 for the second.

He did the second one at the end of the 2012/13 season as he was pictured at Wimbledon (tennis) with a shaved head and shockloss.

David Platt had ARTAS at Farjo. Looks a decent result though I think he may use concealers.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 1 month later...

I thought he looked thin around the crown during the FA cup final last week. It looked like he was using concealers from the pattern of thinning visible.

I think this puts to bed the discussion recently whether Roony was using concealers! Was clear that he was.

Also I believe Stokes is using concealers based on some thinning I spotted in a live game recently.

I'd be interested in seeing stokes true result . Vast improvement on him anyway. Like a different dude

I wonder if he is on Fin or Dut? Does not seem to be imho.

At least he has the $$$ to keep chasing. Looks a very aggressive pattern though, id say he will end up needing to go the BHT route to maintain a full head.

I wonder if he is on Fin or Dut? Does not seem to be imho.

At least he has the $$$ to keep chasing. Looks a very aggressive pattern though, id say he will end up needing to go the BHT route to maintain a full head.

I said before, he can have all the money in the world, will not buy him more donor area. I said he should of had one, and leave it at that, but someone in here did not agree

It looks crap to be honest, and he has had two!

I'd have to agree that collectively, adding his 2 HT's together, Rooney could have done much better. I doubt he researched as much as all of us guys have/do.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Wayne Hairloss is quite aggressive, check out when he was just 9yrs !

He should have consulted some top doctors like Dr.Hasson and Dr.Wong the King of mega session but unfortunately he has money but no brain to research!!

His HT looks poor and crap!

Young-Wayne-Rooney.jpg.19f8b242f3b1ac709da9d3eb83afe4f4.jpg

I can put to bed the heading discussion for you as I played football at a semi professional level for a number of years and wore concealers during every game.

Headers on the forehead didn't cause a change in appearance to the frontal area although I'm sure some fibres would have come off. A flicked header as you call it could cause a patch to appear on the crown if the ball skimmed of that area which if I'm honest used to put me off wanting to even head the ball in that manner.

And don't even talk to me about playing in the rain. An odd injury would always present itself on such days.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

well I have to say that the front portion imo looks good, bit thin but in the expectation side of things is more or less done and i guess that's where he had he's transplant. now he's getting older and the pattern is showing itsself more and more the transplanted hairs will stand and he's native hair will fall which is why you can see the front is ok but the back has thinned out over the years till the point it's visible now without some sort of concealer. I wouldn't call it rubbish or a failed ht he just needs to go another pass to to the crown and it will be all good.