I can put to bed the heading discussion for you as I played football at a semi professional level for a number of years and wore concealers during every game.

Headers on the forehead didn't cause a change in appearance to the frontal area although I'm sure some fibres would have come off. A flicked header as you call it could cause a patch to appear on the crown if the ball skimmed of that area which if I'm honest used to put me off wanting to even head the ball in that manner.

And don't even talk to me about playing in the rain. An odd injury would always present itself on such days.

yeah if he didn't have concealers on he wouldn't think twice about heading the ball instead of just jumping into the defender and letting him head the ball. it's really obvious he does this to avoid that sort of header.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the Euro right now, Rooney's transplant looks absolutely horrible. It looks like he was headed for a Norwood 7, and perhaps the surgeon transplanted miniaturized hairs that were gonna fall out eventually anyways

Rooney wishes he had Gareth Bales scalp, physical appearance, skills & brains!

Have you seen the stats for both? Rooney has more goals to his name.

Rooney: England 52, Man U 178, Everton 15

Bale: Wales 20, Southampton 5, Tottenham 42, Real Madrid 47

Rooney net worth:$125 Million (49th richest alethic)

Bale $90 million

Rooney just been cursed with the bad hair gene! Apart from that, he has everything! Off to watch the football...come one England!!!

Watching the Euro right now, Rooney's transplant looks absolutely horrible. It looks like he was headed for a Norwood 7, and perhaps the surgeon transplanted miniaturized hairs that were gonna fall out eventually anyways

I have been saying it for ages, it looks absolutely horrible. It looks thin and whispy, very thin.. and this is a guy who has had 2! he's had 2 hair transplants, and left with a thin whispy rug on top

Don't really get all of the criticism of Rooney's HT. It's hard to get a good look at his head while he's running around the pitch, but I don't think his hair looks half-bad.

I mean, it's clear that Rooney was heading toward a NW6-NW7 without the HT. So the proper question is: does he look better than he would if he never had the HT and were bald as a cue ball? I think he clearly looks a LOT better.

Seems like people unfairly compare him to other people with naturally full heads of hair. In which case, of course he looks way worse.

Don't really get all of the criticism of Rooney's HT. It's hard to get a good look at his head while he's running around the pitch, but I don't think his hair looks half-bad.

I mean, it's clear that Rooney was heading toward a NW6-NW7 without the HT. So the proper question is: does he look better than he would if he never had the HT and were bald as a cue ball? I think he clearly looks a LOT better.

Seems like people unfairly compare him to other people with naturally full heads of hair. In which case, of course he looks way worse.

he was heading for NW6/7, but he still had hair, and sensible thing would be to hop on propecia, stabilise hairloss, and then get a HT

but he has had 2, and doesnt look much better than a faint hairline, and for 2 hair transplants, you'd expect more

• Administrators

I agree, im waching the game right now it looks good, sure its not as dense in the back but the frontal third is solid. Also his hair is very short so the layering effect is diminished. He still has donor hair left for another procedure in the future. Its vital to remember norwood 6/7 will never have a full head of hair without clever styling and illusion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

he was heading for NW6/7, but he still had hair, and sensible thing would be to hop on propecia, stabilise hairloss, and then get a HT

but he has had 2, and doesnt look much better than a faint hairline, and for 2 hair transplants, you'd expect more

First of all, Propecia: a) doesn't remain effective forever, b) does nothing for the hairline, and c) makes certain people impotent.

Secondly, how do you have any clue whether Rooney takes Propecia or not? For all we know, he's been on it since he was 20.

You look at that picture and say the man has nothing more than a "faint hairline"? Compared to a NW7? Frankly, that's delusional. Either that, or you have incredibly high standards for a HT.

People just really seem to enjoy ridiculing Rooney's hair. I don't think it looks half bad. And this is coming from someone who despises Manchester United.

I mean, this is a guy with probably 5000+ grafts at this point. Surely, this looks a lot better than being a NW7, wouldn't you say? Cut the guy some slack.

He wasn't a NW7 before his HT. In fact, far from it.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators
First of all, Propecia:

Secondly, how do you have any clue whether Rooney takes Propecia or not? For all we know, he's been on it since he was 20.

Valid point, I think he's on propecia, the fact that his crown has remained relatively intact is proof enough that he's on medication, of course the medication won't bring back the hair that was already lost which was vast, but it will keep his sides high and crown from expanding, which in my opinion its doing, if he were not on propecia I think he'd be alot balder.

Just to remind people of what he looked like before

pThX6e2.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

some guys shouldn't get a hair transplant and Rooney is one of them, no offence to the guy but with his features he should have let nature take it course ,I don't think he looks better with an average result than he did before ,but now he has to worry how it's going to look when he's 40 -50 , should have let it be

Its vital to remember norwood 6/7 will never have a full head of hair without clever styling and illusion.

Unless your name is London-lad and have a surgeon named Dr Victor Hasson :):)

I agree, im waching the game right now it looks good, sure its not as dense in the back but the frontal third is solid. Also his hair is very short so the layering effect is diminished. He still has donor hair left for another procedure in the future. Its vital to remember norwood 6/7 will never have a full head of hair without clever styling and illusion.

I dunno about that, you seem to be doing well for a NW 6

Seems like people unfairly compare him to other people with naturally full heads of hair. In which case, of course he looks way worse

I'm not saying he doesnt look a bit better, but for someone who had 2 HT's I dont think the results are very good. He could have gotten much better results with a different surgeon

Rooney wishes he had Gareth Bales scalp, physical appearance, skills & brains!

Gareth Bale is ugly and balding himself. Ever wondered why he has a top-knot and long hair?

Balding 100%, his knot slipped into a ponytail and you could see his crown was thin as hell. He's been hiding it for a while.

Also, Rooney in his prime was every bit as good as Bale is now, probably better tbh.

I think ya living in dream world buddy..

Bale noway loosing hair thats just wishfull thinking to you rooney bang waggon friends.

So if hes so good how come he got taken off today then? .

Rooney had his best days & tbh they wasnt all that if tbe truth be told.

The guy is well over rated, the world knoww that.

I don't know If he has or not had a hair transplant but if he has any sense as he lives in Spain he will check out Lorenzo of course he is not restricted with location just a lot of the Uk celebs just seem to look no further than Harley street

Personally I don't think he's had any work done, he just has dense hair and only minor frontal loss (though anyone who knows anything about hair loss can clearly see he's receding) such that with a top-knot he can cover his balding crown. Here's a pic from yesterday v Slovakia when his knot slipped into a ponytail.

Feel sorry for the lad, but i dare say he'll address it in the coming years.

rsapw3.jpg

Feel sorry for the lad, but i dare say he'll address it in the coming years.

I wouldn't say I feel sorry for him and lets keep in perspective.

Bale is a multi millionaire and is lucky enough to have options available if he wants to deal with his hair loss. It's up to him whether he wants to deal with it or not. Players in previous era's were not so lucky and didn't have the same options available.