• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what ever he uses its suites and 100% should stay like this rather then the comb over. it looks a lot thinner grown out then it does like that with maybe some fibres. which from my eyes watching that match he was presenting it didn't look like he had fibres on which is the whole point i guess.

• Administrators

There is no way he uses fibers, not on game day at least, I think it's funny how so many people have harsh things to say about his transplant, lets be honest he was a norwood 4-5 at age 25, he looks pretty damn good considering where he started, I think his transplant was a big success. Obviously it will never look perfect but no procedure will, in this interview which was a month ago you can see he's sweating no fibers can be seen not to mention his hair is wet which will make your transplant look worse. Good on Rooney, too bad his career is on the decline at least his hair is maintaining, me and him are literally days apart in age I guess it means were getting older :(

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Rooney had concealer in, and so did Lee Dixon for that matter.

The only time he hasn't was for a documentary when he became highest England goal scorer last year and it was looking really quite thin.

I've used Nanogen with locking sprays in the past and the are surprisingly resilient, even when it is raining heavy. The only way to wash the fibres out is through shampooing - actually getting your hands in and massaging them out.

I found Dermatch to be less reliable in this respect.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Rooney had concealer in, and so did Lee Dixon for that matter.

The only time he hasn't was for a documentary when he became highest England goal scorer last year and it was looking really quite thin.

I've used Nanogen with locking sprays in the past and the are surprisingly resilient, even when it is raining heavy. The only way to wash the fibres out is through shampooing - actually getting your hands in and massaging them out.

I found Dermatch to be less reliable in this respect

Right, but one strong header of the ball and all that Nanogen will come flying out (locking spray or no locking spray)

• Administrators
Right, but one strong header of the ball and all that Nanogen will come flying out (locking spray or no locking spray)

Exactly, I tried to go to the gym with Toppik on and the holding spray, I was fine lifting weights, as soon as I started running on the treadmill I could feel the toppik loosening up, I went to the bathroom to check and as suspected it started becoming noticeable on the hairline, It wasn't super noticeable but if you saw me close up you could definitely tell. That video of Rooney im almost positive he has no concealer, I don't see how its hard to believe that he doesn't use concealer for games his hair shows weaknesses just like any transplant, you could see areas of sparseness, if he had concealer you wouldn't be able to see any areas of sparseness.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Only way you could seriously sweat with a concealer in your hair and pull it off would be to have very moderate loss and lay down couvre/dermatch first and then go lighter on toppik. The foundational concealers can hold up. Even so, I think his outcome is solid.

Sometimes I think we skip over some really good results bc they aren't perfect looking. Anyone can restore a 1500 graft hairline. Some of the bigger albeit still imperfect sessions are real impressive.

I would agree that he doesn't where concealer on match days but the fact is he doesn't head the ball says different.being a united fan I watch him every week and he never heads the ball the only time he will head the ball is with he's forehead never a flicked on header for a striker so that says he does where some sort of concealer but then again he could be protecting he's follicles because a flick on would more then likely do some damage because it pulls on the hair which I think he's been advised not to do otherwise you risk loosing some follicles. and I'm not saying that it's a failure it's a massive success but they way he styles it(comb over) looked really thin even more so then what he has now in fact it looks a lot thicker short then it does long. but that just my opinion.

When playing sport and training the last thing one would want to worry about is the hair.

In interviews/TV then it doesn't matter bit of touch up.

If it's thinning he might have to get another HT or beard/ body.

Does that mean he has had further hair loss or the transplanted hair were not resistant to dht?

• Administrators
I would agree that he doesn't where concealer on match days but the fact is he doesn't head the ball says different.being a united fan I watch him every week and he never heads the ball the only time he will head the ball is with he's forehead never a flicked on header for a striker so that says he does where some sort of concealer but then again he could be protecting he's follicles because a flick on would more then likely do some damage because it pulls on the hair which I think he's been advised not to do otherwise you risk loosing some follicles. and I'm not saying that it's a failure it's a massive success but they way he styles it(comb over) looked really thin even more so then what he has now in fact it looks a lot thicker short then it does long. but that just my opinion.

To be fair he hardly does anything with the ball anymore, his form has been dreadful, I think he's on the decline sadly. Even though he's only 30, he's been playing at a high level since he was a teen back at Everton. I also think that if he heads the ball it'll mess up the layering effect, I don't wear concealers, but I style my hair in a way that if I headed the ball it would ruin the appearance if I was in his position id avoid heading the ball too.

When playing sport and training the last thing one would want to worry about is the hair.

In interviews/TV then it doesn't matter bit of touch up.

If it's thinning he might have to get another HT or beard/ body.

Does that mean he has had further hair loss or the transplanted hair were not resistant to dht?

Rashid, just because you see weakness or sparseness it doesn't mean that further loss occurred or that the transplanted hair was lost, it just shows the limitations of a transplant on individuals with a high degree of hairloss, he was nearly completely bald in the front third, the hair he got didn't replace natural density, it only brought back maybe 70% of the hair he had before, so it'll still look sparse at some angles etc. This is to be a expected with anyone who has high level of hairloss.

He could definitely use another procedure to strengthen the front, I think he's fine at the moment he should wait until he's 40 before he does anything else.

View my thread

His fibres are as clear as night and day in these photos (from this season). The wet photo you can see them sitting on his scalp.

Here's a quote from the nanogen website:

Want to swim, run or go the gym? (Or even dance in the pouring rain?) Now you can with our Hair Fibre Locking Spray that locks fibres into place – even under water*. What’s more, this light hold spray keeps your hair looking healthy and fuller with a completely natural shine.

Find out more about Nanogen Hair Fibre Locking Spray.

*In clinical tests, 90% of fibres remained in place after 5 minutes immersion in water.

rooney1.jpg.062bfcaf303f1bd1299c657398d1fd09.jpg

rooney2.jpg.172a6813d230c836c754bda7158b8b6c.jpg

His fibres are as clear as night and day in these photos (from this season). The wet photo you can see them sitting on his scalp

Sure, in those pics they are. But not in the video I posted last page.

So maybe he had his 2nd HT and didnt need any Toppik??

Here's a quote from the nanogen website:

Want to swim, run or go the gym? (Or even dance in the pouring rain?) Now you can with our Hair Fibre Locking Spray that locks fibres into place – even under water*. What’s more, this light hold spray keeps your hair looking healthy and fuller with a completely natural shine.

Find out more about Nanogen Hair Fibre Locking Spray.

*In clinical tests, 90% of fibres remained in place after 5 minutes immersion in water

Wow, so if a website who sells this stuff says so, it must be true.....LOL :D

The pictures are from this season and he had his second Ht in 2013!

I've used Nanogen and not tested the underwater claim but I found the other claims to be true.:P

Sure, in those pics they are. But not in the video I posted last page.

He has them in the studio as well but they have been applied by the itv studio make up artists, probably with a mist applicator. They also put some in Lee Dixon's hair before combing it over.

When Gary Lineker presents (for BBC), they put some in his hair as well but often use too dark a colour.

Getting a good colour match is the main difficulty in disguising it.

He has them in the studio as well but they have been applied by the itv studio make up artists, probably with a mist applicator. They also put some in Lee Dixon's hair before combing it over.

When Gary Lineker presents (for BBC), they put some in his hair as well but often use too dark a colour.

Getting a good colour match is the main difficulty in disguising it

I sense youre starting to sweat a lot under heavy questioning.

Can you please tell us at which minute (or second) Wayne Rooney shows his hair transplant (or lack there of):

http://weshare.me/7f2c26470501b9d4?_page_url=7f2c26470501b9d4

Firstly rooney doesn't header the ball that much as hes quite short, although there was a season where he scored quite a few headers but that was a long time ago. You also head the ball with your forehead not the top of your head so it shouldn't effect the concealer that is on the top of his head significantly.

Firstly rooney doesn't header the ball that much as hes quite short, although there was a season where he scored quite a few headers but that was a long time ago. You also head the ball with your forehead not the top of your head so it shouldn't effect the concealer that is on the top of his head significantly.

if you know football you would know u head the ball with the top of your head for a flick on not ur forehead otherwise it would go back where it came from lol and how short do you think he is 5 foot 5 haha I'm the sameish height as him and I can jump so I dont see whyhe can't jump he's 30 not 60 :P.

it's a bit of a tuff one tbh I wish he would just come out and say something. maybe he does use concealer maybe he doesn't the point of the matter is it looked a whole lot better in that pic then before.

if you know football you would know u head the ball with the top of your head for a flick on not ur forehead otherwise it would go back where it came from lol and how short do you think he is 5 foot 5 haha I'm the sameish height as him and I can jump so I dont see whyhe can't jump he's 30 not 60 :P.

"If you know football" hes 5'9 compared to 6ft+ defenders these days idc how high you jump good luck competing against them. Yes you flick your head but it hits your forehead, the only time it hits the top of your head is if you head it incorrectly or you want the ball to go behind you like "flick on headers". But most the time you head it with your forehead if you want it to go forward. Please google how to header a ball and realise you don't live up to your name or don't know football lmao.

Dutchie doesn't know how to header a ball but thinks he knows more about rooneys playstyle these days than an united fan. mmk

Back to the actually toppik, i think he wears concealers.