My hair transplant with Dr. Umar.

Hairguy350

The Doctor or any business beats a case of incorrect allegations by disputing the facts -not the character of said patient.

This is correct. The suggestion that a person is somehow less credible because he has depression is indicative of the worst, most retrograde stereotypes of the mentally ill. That anyone--let alone a doctor--would use that as a chip in a debate is disgusting, frankly.

This has been a very difficult read, and perhaps I missed it, but were immediate post-op pictures ever presented? If not, can Dr. Umar please provide them?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairguy,

One of the your biggest concerns and issues here is the hairline dimensions ; namely 5cm and the fact that it is ' too low'

I have two questions You are using 5cm as your example of too aggressive and too low.

1) In the attached photo of myself can you tell how low my hairline is ? ( Honestly I just went a took out a measuring tape from the sewing room to measure so I know the exact measurements to the lowest point of my hairline).

2) From exactly what point are you using as your starting point to determine 5cm . (example: is the starting point directly above your eyebrows?)

I am very curious to know what you think the measurements are of my photo for the hairline?

IMG_1013.jpg.a433c8dbb762527087c7082bf65effad.jpg

One of the things I have observed over time about Dr. Umar is the presentation of his work - very well lit pictures and detailed videos. Can we see at the least see some pre-op/post op pics from Dr. Umar's clinic in this case please.

If HG asked for an "aggressive hairline", Dr. Umar need not necessary comply with it. It is expected of Dr. Umar to guide him that an aggressive approach is not the best approach knowing that future hair loss is unpredictable. Dr. Umar could have passed on him if HG did not agree with his approach.

No doubt Dr. Umar has hit many home runs, but this one does not seem to be one.

Edited by Rem

How is the use of five hair grafts in a frontal hairline acceptable?

Look at the 5 cm hairline.

You eyes are all scrunched up in a unnatural manner so you hairline looks lower than it really is. I do wonder what kind of clinic agrees to graft removal at only six months time. This seems unethical and plain wrong. It seems like the type of clinic who got in trouble for unlawful distribution of drugs, and also having unqualified employees performing medical functions. Does not sound good.

So Hairguy, is this where you are going/went?

https://services.georgia.gov/dch/mebs/retrieveBoardOrder.do?licenseNumber=029158&boardTypeId=2

Atticus

Edited by Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I'm not going to let this one go so I would like Hairguy to review my photo (or anyone else if Hairguy decides he does not want to reply).

When looking at my pic attached what is the dimension of my hairline (in cm) from my eyebrows and the center of my hairline starting point?

Since a 5cm hairline has been eluded too as a detrimental hairline I think this is important.

IMG_1013.jpg.f2d91674f57728fbb336d919c96443bf.jpg

I'm not going to let this one go so I would like Hairguy to review my photo (or anyone else if Hairguy decides he does not want to reply).

When looking at my pic attached what is the dimension of my hairline (in cm) from my eyebrows and the center of my hairline starting point?

Since a 5cm hairline has been eluded too as a detrimental hairline I think this is important.

4.5cm? It works because your nose-eyebrows and nose-chin are similar distances.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hairguy's hairline does not look like a true 5cm hairline, unless it is from the very bottom of the widows peak to the highest point of his eyebrows, but that is not a true assessment of hairline height. Don't get me wrong, the design is low and closed, but I think 5cm is a bit off.

Heliboy's hairline looks about 6.5cm from lowest point to between the eyebrows to me.

I would like to know from what point the 5cm mark was drawn here on this photo?

Allegations have been made by HairGuy that a 5cm hairline is asymmetrical/unnatural and obviously detrimental and in this case has caused him to make drastic measures to reverse even though reversal methods were used in a timespan that was not appropriate to allow full maturation of growth..

For those that answered my question above regarding my hairline dimension (in cm) I will provide the actual dimensions once Hairguy responds with his analysis.

And Hairguy you should look at the Georgia Medical Board as mentioned by Atticus above for your M.D.that is encouraging your measures here. You seem to be trying very hard to contact boards of medicine to make complaints - you should probably start by reviewing the medical board review for the M.D that is overseeing your own care.

Hairguy.jpg.bd063191036ddfb547641a24c5a53960.jpg

Edited by Heliboy

hairguy, My first HT surgeon, Joseph Karamikian, did not drug me, but he led me to believe he could restore my hair when he clearly did not possess the skills, education, nor proper tools to do so. The result was not very good and I sought restitution through the court (small claims). All this did was exacerbate the situation and my journey to hair restoration. Doctors have the money to pay lawyers, and Karamikian never had to show his face in court while I sat opposite his lackey lawyer for hours over the course of a year. It was a total waste of my time.

As tough as it is, my advice would be to forget this and move on. You are seeking corrective surgery, hopefully with a qualified surgeon, and your situation does look fixable. I wish you the best of luck in whatever road you choose.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Heliboy, eyebrows to hairline is the measurement.

Wylie, there is an abundance of 2, 3, and other multi hair grafts present in the direct front of the hairline as Blake and others have seen from the photos.

Atticus/ Abner, your link does not work, please re-submit. I am not here to advocate for the guy in Atlanta. any experience with a ht surgeon is going to be subjective, and there will always be mistakes made by physicians because they are human. If you want to point out his or any other surgeons negative reviews or complaints feel free to do so. I think everyones negative reviews, errors, and complaints should be made public so that people can make actually informed decisions about physicians instead of the slighted marketing of only good results.

What does not change is the misuse or medications, lack of consent in the O.R., and presentation of someones mental health records to present them in a false light. The medical staff were informed that my re-scheduled flight would arrive at 10am, and I made no deviations from the airport enroute to the clinic. The idea that I was late is erroneous as it is common knowledge that there would be additional time needed for baggage collection and transportation. Any error in arrival expectation, ie thinking I would be there at 10 am would be a error that lies with the medical staff and clinic, and should be subject to a review of intellectual capacity.

I believe the use of mutli-hair grafts may have been a pre-meditated decision to try to make up for what was supposed to have been a 3000 grafts procedure in an attempt to have a 2350 graft procedure cover the same area in less time. If true this would have been a negligent decision as the aesthetics are not pleasing or natural.

The three of you are obvious Umar fans, and I know for a fact that two of your are plastered all over his website somewhere. You all believe that this doctor can do no wrong, which is impossible because he is human. Does or has Dr. Umar ever compensated you in any manner not including money to advocate or post for him online, ie free work, etc.?

Heliboy, didn't you have previous surgeries elsewhere before Umar? How do you feel about that surgeon and experience?

Sufficient evidence has been provided, and those with an unbiased open mind have at a minimum concluded that reasonable doubt exists as to the validity of Dr. Umars narrative. Nothing anyone says or does on this forum is going to change the mind of the three amigos above and that's fine. This case was presented in good faith to allow people to come to their own conclusions, not to change the minds of his fans..

Hairguy in all fairness, I don't see a 5cm difference from the lowest point of the hairline to inbetween the eyebrows.

Hairguy,

Hopefully, this link will work. As you can see, this docket did not involve "innocent mistakes". For example, the usage of expired meds is not a mistake, to name only 1 of the things mentioned.

**link removed**

Atticus

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

@Atticus: Your link still doesn't work -it says "Your session has expired"

Why is his current doctor even being brought into question here? Obviously Hairguy is unhappy with his previous work with Dr. Umar -not his current doctor.

I'm guessing the insinuation is that he's being treated by a doctor with some sort of vendetta against his previous doctor and is now using poor Hairguy as a pawn in some weird payback???

Bizarre and pretty insulting to Hairguy if you ask me.

Wylie, the microscopic photos give you an upclose look at the fron the hairline where you can see the use of multi-hair grafts in the direct front of the hairline. There is an abundance of 2 and 3 hair grafts in the very front of the hairline.

Did Dr. Umar use nape hair in your hairline? He did in mine, and I seem to remember that nape hair has lot of 2, maybe even 3 hair grafts. You can't ask other doctors on this site if that is true because they don't use nape hair.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

dr umar is reading each and everypost i am sure here and as someone said how can people say about dr umar if they have never been on his surgical chair

wait and watch for experience from people who sat in dr umar chair and know that what kind of scarring he gives while plucking hair from beard with so called ugraft(mega session)

so one thing is obvious dr umar drugs patient to pass out right before surgery during surgery and persons wakes up only after he is done with surgery

i have read on other forums people has undergone umar for 3 days surgey and everyday they pass out before and wake up just before leaving the clinic

that thins is just sidelined by saying who wants to know what he is doing right before or during the surgery

hairguy came out and posted pic and all other info as we users have ask him till date

now we are butchering hairguy by accusing him of malicious intent to defame dr umar and some doc from georgia is staging entire thing.

Why is his current doctor even being brought into question here? Obviously Hairguy is unhappy with his previous work with Dr. Umar -not his current doctor.

I'm guessing the insinuation is that he's being treated by a doctor with some sort of vendetta against his previous doctor and is now using poor Hairguy as a pawn in some weird payback???

Bizarre and pretty insulting to Hairguy if you ask me.

Apparently you don't know the doctor in question then, or you don't know what some in this industry are capable of.

Probably both if you ask me.

so one thing is obvious dr umar drugs patient to pass out right before surgery during surgery and persons wakes up only after he is done with surgery. i have read on other forums people has undergone umar for 3 days surgey and everyday they pass out before and wake up just before leaving the clinic

Since you are basically calling Dr. Umar reckless with patient medications, can you provide specific multiple sources/links so the demeaning claims you are making about Dr. Umar can be verified?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I know reps from other Docs such as Joe and Spex probably will not get involved in this thread but can anyone discuss whether or not the meds given to Hairguy seem to be excessive or are they standard operating procedure for the industry? I was alert and coherent during my procedures and I never once fell asleep although I know that everyone reacts differently to meds...

I personally think that that this thread has run its course. The pt was able to make his complaint and the doctor was able to respond, along with view points from both sides. What we have come to now is a point of non productivity. Most of what the thread has come to is a he said-she said. We are here to research, support, and guide. I am a heavy supporter of transparency, and feel that the thread should remain intact and searchable, but it may be time to lock it and put it to rest. According to the op this case is now under litigation and this has also moved me to the conclusion that this should be locked and we should move on. What is there that could be left to say that will benefit the community? These are my personal thoughts on the subject. I hope that the patient it's able to find happiness with his subsequent procedure.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You would need to go to www.medicalboard.georgia.gov

click on consumer resources

*Then click on look up licensed provider

*Enter last name

*Enter city of Alpharetta

click on PDF file to view extensive docket/complaint to medical board.

I am posting this because It makes me doubt the advice and intentions behind Hairguy's case. Hairguy states he was purposely drugged, which is rediculous. People react differently to drugs, and some may doze off. The drugs Dr. Umar adminsters are the industry standard, and are in fact less than what other doctors give. I also think Hairguy is getting flawed advice from a less than stellar doc who has been reprimanded by the Medical Board. Not rocket science in a sometimes brutal field like this.

This hairline should have been fully grown out to its fullest potential. Once it was grown out and styled, the results would have been good. I believe most logical people would wait the proper time 12-18months to let the hair settle in. Why someone would jump the gun and start extracting hair everywhere is beyond me. I question the patient and his new doc. The fact is an aggressive hairline is what he wanted, and that is what he got. Period.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

HairGuy,

Thank you for clarifying the starting point for your marked 5cm area. I was hoping that you would provide your thoughts on dimension analysis for the photo I posted but I did not see where you commented on that. I know that the 5cm hairline has been an issue from the start. I measured my hairline from eyebrow (mid portion) to the starting point of the hairline and it is exactly 5cm at the peak. I can assure you that stating a 5cm hairline is too low is not appropriate

Regarding being compensated by anyone I can assure you that I have paid DEARLY for my restoration. I actually took out a 2nd mortgage on my home years back when I began my repair work with Dr Umar for the sole purpose of restoring my hair/head so that I could move on with my life . I knew the cost would be high but I was willing to make that move. And please note that I was actually finally able to pay that 2nd mortgage off last January 2012 when I sold my house and I'm glad thats behind me. I got my hair back and no 2nd mortgage - WIN WIN.

Regarding seeing a previous M.D. You have done your homework and I've pretty well documented that over the past 7 years on the forums. But you should have stated M.D's before Dr Umar. The strip damage started in 1997 with those darn plug grafts from Nu-Hart in Pennsylvania, then Elliott & True in Maryland , then Greco in Florida. By that time the strip scars on my head were stretched so severely and the hair looked awful. I then had to wear a hairpiece for 14 years but I did go to an M.D in Georgia (and he may be the very one that asked you to write in this post) to see if I had previous work by Dr Umar. He placed grafts in front of my hairpiece . And yes they grew in well in front of my hairpiece but eventually we had to remove those grafts when my hairline restoration phase began because of the angulation of the hair needed for the hairpiece . I also had white dots from the punch grafts that had to be filled in. (That was discussed in detail on another forum back in 2007- we dont need to go there). I feel sure that is no longer an issue as it was back then.

Again I just wish you had let your hair mature but we all have to make our own decisions as to what is best.

Thank you again for clarifying the starting point for your 5cm mark in the attached pic. I'm going to attach the pic again for the last time what 5cm from eyebrow looks like grown out. It drastically reduces the forehead exposure along with the closed temples- but again that is my opinion only .

Hairguy.jpg.5268359f05a1dd2ebe0158554d1d3f40.jpg

5b32dab0db5f7_HeliboyPic.jpg.a6ea4c91e6c5e1803720f7fe6368753d.jpg

Edited by Heliboy