My hair transplant with Dr. Umar.

Hairguy350

I have visited four surgeons in person, Dr. Stough, Dr. Arocha, Dr. Sam Lamm, and Dr. Wong. All of them gave me crystal clear pre-op educations on what to expect, explanation of pre-op design, explanation on how my goals meshed with reality, explanation on what they felt would be best and how they would achieve the goal, explanations of the "illusion of density", long term and short term goals, explanations of the pre-op procedures, surgery day, and post-op care.

Interesting. Did any of them give you accurate visual representation of what to expect? My pre-design experience was extremely vague and as a layman client, the doctor should have every obligation of showing you what to expect. For instance, Dr Umar stated that the client wanted an "aggressive hairline" -what does that mean? Why not demonstrate on a simple picture what one is talking about?

Also I am a huge fan of the video interviews with the doctors and many of them address patient expectations and education. I watched every single edition of every doctor's group of videos that every single doctor did. I feel that patients need to also be responsible and become educated.

Well I followed your link and watched my own as well as the other 'elite doctors' bios -they are just that Bio's basically asking you to trust their experience and artistic instinct that they've developed. I ask you -have you ever had a house built? an addition? a device built and patented? I have. In all instances the builder, architect, engineer devised intensive VISUAL plan of what exactly they are going to do -before I paid them. Why on earth would anyone trust their one head without such planning? Why are we letting doctors off the hook with blind trust built of off forum reviews and sales sites?

Sorry, I just don't get it.

In my mind it is ridiculous for a patient to arrive hours late for surgery and do a consult "on the fly" which makes for a rushed situation. Hello? This is something you will live with the rest of your life! Of course besides the patient being at fault I would think Dr. Umar possibly should have refused to perform any work on this patient after what he did arriving hours late on surgery day.

I agree this is bad -one should be prompt and ready to go when the appt. is set. That said, the doctor should also not have waited 10 minutes before surgery to draw the battle lines. This should have been set WEEKS ago! That would end all of the he said/she said as well as give the patient a relatively good idea of what to expect.

BTW.....You state you are "interested in changing the industry commitment to pre-design excellence"....do you have multiple specific instances where top elite clinics are doing a poor job of "pre-design

I have my own experience which is of course, paramount, as well as read countless posts here and abroad -"Hmm, not to happy with the design choice. When I get my next one, Ill............" -often speaking of now being better informed and more aptly able to communicate what exactly is needed and to be done.

Honestly, I really don't get your reluctance to help future patients this way..? I'm utterly baffled unless perhaps your are somehow in the employ or business yourself. How can we, as a consumer base, possibly lose in demanding a certain standard to pre-design from all doctors?

I will answer parts as I have time.....

Honestly, I really don't get your reluctance to help future patients this way

In what way am I reluctant to help future patients?

I think I am helping future patients by showing claims must be investigated.

Wild claims should not be taken as "gospel" from people with ZERO track record

and in a panic at the six month mark.

Weigh a doctors track record vs a few lone wolf complainers.

I'm utterly baffled unless perhaps your are somehow in the employ or business yourself.

LOL...oh if my opinion differs from your's it must be something sinister? !

Lame.....extremely lame.

I do own my own business,

but I have never been in the hair transplant business

or any business event remotely associated with or invested in

the medical industry, hair industry, or cosmetic industry in any way.

I have never received any compensation with anything related to hair.

And I have never had any contact with Dr. Umar or his clinic.

You are totally barking up the wrong tree.

I am in the transportation industry.

How can we, as a consumer base, possibly lose in demanding a certain standard to pre-design from all doctors?

It already exists.

All a patient has to do is wake-up and become an educated patient.

This isn't a teeth cleaning where you just walk in, sit down, and poof it's done.

Of course every patient should demand a certain standard.

I "demanded" a standard and many others I know did.

I studied for a long time...

Then decided to go to one of the best, most respected in the world.

And guess what? I got an excellent result.

This really isn't brain surgery.

Thus far... I don't believe most of Hairguy's claims about Dr. Umar.

And I just don't buy the implication that Dr. Umar is reckless with medications.

Hairguy's story in my mind mostly makes no logical sense.

But if patient chooses a doctor that doesn't provide a proper consult

or does not draw out a proper plan...who is really to blame?

Why the heck would you allow that doctor to work on you?

If I had knee problems and went to see 10 knee doctors

I might get 10 different game plans....In the end

I as a patient would have to decide which doctor I trusted.

And I wouldn't arrive for knee surgery hours late, barely talk to the

doctor pre-op, and then complain afterwards!

I would put the brakes on long before that happened!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Interesting. Did any of them give you accurate visual representation of what to expect? My pre-design experience was extremely vague and as a layman client, the doctor should have every obligation of showing you what to expect. For instance, Dr Umar stated that the client wanted an "aggressive hairline" -what does that mean? Why not demonstrate on a simple picture what one is talking about?

I brought pictures to my consults of before and after pictures of guys that had similar hair loss patterns and asked if I could expect a ballpark similar result. My pre-design was not extremely vague like yours. To be honest I felt pretty comfortable after the consults/pre-designs on what I could expect, but beforehand I spent a lot of time preparing for my consult and had my questions typed up that I would ask.

I agree with you that in today's computer world, clinics should offer patients a computer generated a virtual post-op image of roughly what they could expect from x amount of grafts after surgery #1, surgery #2, ect...It's been quite awhile but I think I remember Hair Club For Men did create a computer generated image of what I would look like with a system....so I see that as something that hopefully we will soon see as a standard in the industry. It would lead to less misunderstanding about what a result would look like. The clinics may be wary of this, but I think it could actually protect them from nutcases that expect to go from a Norwood 6 to having hair like Bon Jovi in 1 session of 3000 grafts...lol.

As far as "aggressive hairline".....I can't really speak to what others mean exactly...because each patient and doctor's opinion may vary, but in my mind an "aggressive hairline" means really lowering the hairline more than the average patient normally would get.

All a patient has to do is wake-up and become an educated patient

Here we go -part of the education is letting prospective clients know that their doctor may not show them a potential hairline until minutes before the injections start. That is EXACTLY why I'm bringing it up.

I agree with you that in today's computer world, clinics should offer patients a computer generated a virtual post-op image of roughly what they could expect from x amount of grafts after surgery #1, surgery #2, ect...It's been quite awhile but I think I remember Hair Club For Men did create a computer generated image of what I would look like with a system....so I see that as something that hopefully we will soon see as a standard in the industry. It would lead to less misunderstanding about what a result would look like. The clinics may be wary of this, but I think it could actually protect them from nutcases that expect to go from a Norwood 6 to having hair like Bon Jovi in 1 session of 3000 grafts...lol

Again bingo!!

And even without said software -which there really is no excuse for a doctor not to have, some simple photoshopped pictures of potential hairlines is not a hard task. This is also the doctors responsibility but it just hasn't been demanded as standard ...yet.

There are free websites in which you simply place a photo of yourself and within seconds you can see how a nose job/facelift/eye whatever etc would look and it morphs you in real time.

Doctors take note -make it happen.

Well I followed your link and watched my own as well as the other 'elite doctors' bios -they are just that Bio's basically asking you to trust their experience and artistic instinct that they've developed.

Ok you don't like the videos....would we better off without them? I really liked the videos. They gave me much more than a 2-3 paragraph bio on the websites that still exist. The videos go way beyond a typical bio. In my mind the videos were one more piece of the puzzle in pointing me to the right doctor. Of course no educational tool is for every patient. If you didn't find any good in the videos, that's interesting, but I did and think they are one helpful tool. One of the reasons I chose Dr. Wong were his videos. In some way I connected with him after watching his videos. Obviously his videos were not the sole reason, but another tool I used to arrive at the right address for my transplant.

Why are we letting doctors off the hook with blind trust built of off forum reviews and sales sites? Sorry, I just don't get it.

When you say "blind trust" what do you mean?

If a patient "blindly trusts" a doctor who is at fault? I think the fool that "blindly trusts" a doctor is at fault! A patient must get off his duff. Go see several doctors several times if needed. Ask to visit with fellow patients at a neutral site. ( I did this and it was very educational). Study YouTube. Study various message boards that I guess you refer to as "sales sites". BTW do you think this site is a "sales site"? If so what are you doing here if you think this site is corrupt and merely a "sales site". What is it that you want exactly? How do we arrive at your "perfect world" where we have a wonderful informative message board where no funds are needed from patient or doctor to keep it up and running? A site where Bill and the others spend tons of time, spending their own money running a a free site for you to enjoy. How do we arrive at your perfect world where every doctor gives the perfect consult and perfect pre-design? Do we have an FDA rep at every doctors office to hold every patient's hand? And even if we could do all the things you seem to want there would still be unhappy patients and we'd be having this same conversation about the rare extremely unhappy patient. Every medical specialty has them...and that's not dismissing ways for improvement, but it is stating fact.

I ask you -have you ever had a house built? an addition? a device built and patented? I have. In all instances the builder, architect, engineer devised intensive VISUAL plan of what exactly they are going to do -before I paid them. Why on earth would anyone trust their one head without such planning?

Again I agree you have a good idea in that there really should not be a reason patients cant get a computer generated image of roughly what they could expect their face and head to look like 1-2 years post op. Of course in medicine no VISUAL plan is going to be as exact or good of a predictor as a set of architectural plans might on a house being built.

Here we go -part of the education is letting prospective clients know that their doctor may not show them a potential hairline until minutes before the injections start. That is EXACTLY why I'm bringing it up..

Of course anything is possible....do you know for fact of anywhere where this happened?

Speaking of "blind trust", do you blindly believe a new poster that happens to pop up over a doctor with a history of satisfied patients, many of which have posted their positive experiences with Dr Umar in this forum? It seems you "tend to believe" someone with ZERO track record over someone that has a good track record that can be studied at length.

I am really confused why Shampoo and BlackAmish111 have gotten into some kind of argument here. What are you guys even arguing about? Neither of you are patients of Dr. Umar and I am really perplexed as to why you guys are so heated about this case. Please lets just focus on the case at hand instead of bickering with each other.

Anyways, back on topic and back to the op. Hairguy in your 6 months post-op pictures you posted in your album your scalp looks really red, which is extremely unusual for being 6 months post-op ( I have never seen that occur), are these after you underwent laser or extraction? And if not why is your scalp so red?

I also have questions in regards to the comments that you posted on your 3 month photos. You stated that "the hair in the really front has lot of multi hair grafts", however at 3 months post-op you really should not see much if any growth of the transplanted hair, and from the photos I don't see much as expected. My concern here is that you may have had a case of buyers remorse, which we see very often here, and proceeded with correction work way before you should have. I will note that I am on no ones side here I am just basing my comments on what I see in the pictures and what I know about transplants.

I am aware of the doctor who is doing your corrective work and to be honest I don't think it is very ethical to perform extraction or laser work at 6 months post op, because the transplant is not close to maturing. I'm not by any means discrediting your claims, I'm just confused, because at 3 months you looked to be about where I would expect you to be and at 6 months you appear to have already undergone corrective work.

I will say that for me your mental state or issues, aside from possibly buyers remorse and jumping the gun on corrective work, is of zero consequence. I have struggled with depression and anxiety issues in my lifetime. I also have several friends who have come back from multiple tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan and have suffered numerous physical, mental and emotional problems as a result and I would not question their judgment even one bit, in fact I would be more inclined to rely on their judgment over almost anyone's. Thank you for your service and I hope we can get to the bottom of this and come to an amicable resolution.

When you say "blind trust" what do you mean?

If a patient "blindly trusts" a doctor who is at fault? I think the fool that "blindly trusts" a doctor is at fault! A patient must get off his duff. Go see several doctors several times if needed. Ask to visit with fellow patients at a neutral site. ( I did this and it was very educational). Study YouTube. Study various message boards that I guess you refer to as "sales sites". BTW do you think this site is a "sales site"? If so what are you doing here if you think this site is corrupt and merely a "sales site". What is it that you want exactly? How do we arrive at your "perfect world" where we have a wonderful informative message board where no funds are needed from patient or doctor to keep it up and running? A site where Bill and the others spend tons of time, spending their own money running a a free site for you to enjoy. How do we arrive at your perfect world where every doctor gives the perfect consult and perfect pre-design? Do we have an FDA rep at every doctors office to hold every patient's hand? And even if we could do all the things you seem to want there would still be unhappy patients and we'd be having this same conversation about the rare extremely unhappy patient. Every medical specialty has them...and that's not dismissing ways for improvement, but it is stating fact.

Lol calm down. No I don't think this site is compromised but I certainly have noticed a tendency to gang tackle negative reviews for established doctors in which the poster is often treated withj total mistrust if not outright contempt. As far as this "perfect world" in which doctors provide 'perfect pre-design and consult' -it's not perfection I'm after, it's spending more time presenting what the patient can expect in more visual terms. As per my engineer/architect example, this is NOT asking a lot. The visual presentation doesn't imply perfect calculation of 2 years growth -but the actual hairline that will be sought as well as different patterns they could go after with different graft amounts. This is a reasonable request.

Of course anything is possible....do you know for fact of anywhere where this happened?

Yes, to me. As I stated in previous posts I was asked if "this was the hairline I wanted" minutes before injection and the artistry of the demonstration left a lot to be desired. I was also surprised that I didn't get to meet the doctor until it was "go time". How about educating future prospects of this so they know this may happen?

do you blindly believe a new poster that happens to pop up over a doctor with a history of satisfied patients, many of which have posted their positive experiences with Dr Umar in this forum? It seems you "tend to believe" someone with ZERO track record over someone that has a good track record that can be studied at length.

Ever consider the possibility that even an expert can be sloppy? Can rely too much on experience + reputation and sometimes lose their edge for a single case? Again, you weigh too heavily on post count and "who's been around longer" -that shouldn't disqualify a customer's bad experience. That is faulty judgement. After looking at Hairguy's 6 month photo, I would certainly be unhappy with that result as well.

Hairguy,

First I do appreciate you posting the pics and secondly and I mean this very sincerely I am sorry for the loss of your friend. There is no one except those that have gone through the agony of war that can comprehend the devastation it takes on an individual both mentally and physically.

I am only speaking as a former patient of Dr Umar that has vast experience with both strip and FUE procedures so please understand I have no intent to try and make accusations toward you. I personally have many years of experience making bad decisions prior to Dr Umar and was fortunate enough to find Dr Umar and his ability to give me my life back mentally and physically. I believe in his abilities as you might expect after such a lifechanging experience. Like yourself I was very depressed and was always forcing myself to accept something that I felt like wasn't me . So when I got my hair back it turned my life around.

Now regarding the pics. I must tell you that I do not think removing the grafts is the best approach. I certainly dont think the hairline is too low. It frames your face VERY WELL because you have closed off the temples to retract recession. The hairline that was transplanted is essentially a Norwood 0 with closed temples that do not express recession. Now for me this is similar to what I have as well - and it is a blessing to have closed temples . It is a bit difficult to tell because of the picture quality but your hair appears somewhat thin on top compared to the sides. I would certainly not remove the grafts and use a skin laser.

I personally like the look of your hair cut close as is seen in one of your angled pics. I am somewhat biased to this look because I have a military type cut myself where I shave the sides and back with electric clippers and keep the hair on top about 1/2 inch. .

This is only my opinion but I will tell you this from what I am seeing. You will continue to have loss in your frontal and vertex areas regardless of what reversal methods you are trying for your hairline because you dont feel it is appropriate. I would concentrate my efforts on blending and transitioning the hair and in the long run you will be very pleased. I feel like from what you have explained you are going backwards. I know that it is difficult sometimes to see beyond what is facing you in the mirror if you dont feel that it is what works for you but I have spent 20+ years of my life having to do it to stay optimistic to reach my goals. I feel like you shouldnt go backwards because in the long run you are going to continue having to look for answers when the rest of your hair begins to fall out. I personally like what I see but you shouldnt give up on finishing it out with the appropriate density if you feel necessary to acheive your desired look.

This is simply my opinion based on my personal experiences and observations.

Edited by Heliboy

wylie thanks for reading my post. please keep it up

I always said bhati is cheapest 1$pergraft fue including body hair.

I dont work for bhati or anyone in fact i knew bhati thru this forum

wylie if you have anything against dr bhati i would say that is none of my business.

dr umar beard pic i am waiting when will umar post his ugraft new patient pic.

If it is large beard graft session i am curious to see and look.

Guys,

Just a friendly reminder to stay on topic ; )

Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Also, Hairguy ...

I think I need some clarification with regard to the images as well. In the 6 month pictures, have you already undergone any sort of graft extraction or laser removal work?

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I was trying to think of someone famous who has a hairine like yours. As luck would have it, Matthew Fox was interviewed live on TV this morning. I think you would end up with something similar.

It was always going to look not all that nice until it had grown out (12 months).

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

@Hairguy

Hmmm...your temple points looked like they made some good progress. But in light of your hairline in the 6 month pics, do you have any immediately post-op shots to show graft placement? If not, I suppose Dr. Umar does, and if so may he post those? While the hairline isn't as low as it appeared in the first picture you posted (it is low and aggressive however), I still want to see the initial density transplanted before commenting further.

1978Matt is right. This hairline design is not unfamiliar . I can attest because it is very similar to my own . Again the key points is that it removes the look of recession and frames the face very well especially if you wear your hair short . In Hairguys case he appears to need only filling to enhance the density in needed areas. Much similar to the situation I had when I went for the aggressive hairline.

I have attached a photo of my hairline which is the very similar design created by Dr Umar. He lowered my hairline a great deal so that the look would fit my facial features. Dr Umar is very good at creating a design the fits the symmetry of your face and as I mentioned what I personally feel is the most important aspect - (Framing the face). There is nothing I hate worse than seeing recession . Yes I know for those of you who say that's natural- for me it pronounces hair loss.

As you can see in my pic the temple points were essentially erased and brought in to form a very nice symmetry.

(This attached pic was taken outside in the natural light on a sunny day and that is why I am squinting) Also note that my entire frontal hairline was aggressively lowered to the current location with beard hair and nape hair. I have had to rely mostly on beard and body hair to complete my restoration due to the amount of hair it has taken to repair all of my scars. Behind the hairline I I have a combination of scalp hair/beard/chest/leg/arm hair).

As I mentioned it takes patience to sometimes acheive one's overall goal. It doesnt all happen at once.

IMG_1013.jpg.044793aaa9492ea7b46b04aa10d047ab.jpg

Edited by Heliboy

Hairguy,

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to feel like there will be no definite conclusion to this case. The early images you posted of the hairline do make it look lower and more aggressive than the pattern seen at the 3 to 6 month mark. The hairline at 3 and 6 months looks low, but not unreasonable for a patient who requested this type of placement. However, I do think the issue as to whether or not multi-hair FUGs were used in the hairline is worth investigating further.

However, the reason why I believe we will never obtain satisfying resolution is because it is impossible to know how your case would have progressed. Because the maturing work (keep in mind that a hair transplant is approximately 40% matured at the 6 month mark) was altered and partially removed, we will really never know what would have happened. The result never had the chance to fully mature. I'm not blaming you for this, but it does essentially render the conclusion unobtainable.

I agree that the medication question may still require further analysis. However, I am certain that there are a lot of superlatives and extreme statements being used to describe benzodiazepines, and I don't think this helpful. Frankly, pharmacology, especially clinical pharmacology, is a skillset that takes physicians and pharmacists YEARS to master, so trying to assess appropriate versus inappropriate behavior without a solid working knowledge of these drugs is a bit pointless and unnecessarily inflammatory. Just as you wouldn't ask a lawyer to perform surgery, you also wouldn't, and shouldn't, ask non-medical/pharm personnel to make bold statements about drug usage.

Again, I do still think the timing of administration merits further discussion, but it should remain objective and emotionally detached.

HairGuy,

I also wanted to state that we run a very patient-forward network. The most important goal of this thread, in my opinion, is helping you achieve your hair restoration goals and find personal resolution. I hope my above comments do not lead you to believe otherwise. If there is anything I (or any other administrator) can do to help you further, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Ok,

About the hairline being too low, unfortunately that is where it is a 'he said, she said' situation. Umar says Hairguy wanted an aggressive hairline and it was discussed whilst he was of a clear mind and under no chemical influence, where Hairguy says he himself(Hairguy) designed it whilst being partially(at the time) sedated. Who is right? How can we know for sure who is telling the truth?

What concerns me is the obviously evident existence of multi-hair grafts in and around the immediate hairline and temples. Part of the beauty of FUE is the ability to target and select grafts that resemble natural hairline hair(single hair grafts, fine caliber etc). It appears Dr Umar totally ignored this principle and instead targeted 2, 3 and 4(even 5?) hair-grafts to build the new hairline. I myself would NOT be happy with this especially coming from an FUE-exclusive surgeon. I understand that sometimes a multi-hair graft can appear to be a single hair graft due to some hairs in the graft being in the dormant phase but in this instance they are in abundance in the hairline and the temple points! The chances of targeting that many multi-hair grafts in disguise(without transection also)would be akin to winning the lottery.

Sadly, Hairguy rushed into removing what grew and we will never see a full 12 month untouched result to make a proper analysis of. That would have strengthened his case. As it stands however, I do not believe this is an example of state of the art and refined hair transplantation. That is what this forum prides itself on, endorsing surgeons who perform refined and state of the art hair transplantation. This result(albeit 6 months) reminds me of the days before true follicular unit transplantation. That is a fail right there. The hairline is a moot point as there is no way we can prove who is right but the quality of the transplant itself is quite apparent...

Edited by Mickey85

Mickey85, you are correct that the selected multi-hair grafts are an example of poor work. With the state of this industry today there is no excuse for poor work like this. If you would like I can post a name redacted page from my medical record that shows the medications I transcribed here from my record previously. I think a lot of people came to this thread with their minds already made up. Those who say they have had a positive experience with Dr. Umar cannot be convinced that what has happened occurred, and we are not here to change their minds. However, this posting has been in good faith, and I have cooperated fully with providing the photographic evidence, detailed writing, and authorizations. A formal complaint has been sent to the medical board, and my attorney is handling the rest. I do not recommend Dr. Umar not just based on my case, but also the misuse of controlled substances, lack of final consent, and his overall poor character. However, some people have no issues with him, and that is their right, I fought for it, and I respect it, even if I don't agree with it.

Blake, I agree that the use of multi-hair grafts in the hairline bear more investigation as it is said to be archaic work. The use of medications, and surgical design consents from all doctors needs to be reviewed industry-wide. Lastly, you mentioned that the hairline or forehead length looks different in the first pictures and some of the others. I assure you it must be something to do with the photography because the measurement of 5cm was and is the same throughout.

Thanks

Hairguy thanks for your service to the country, sorry that you are going through this type of experience. Personally I thought it was in bad form for your PTSD/depression to be mentioned the way it was in this thread, as I see it having no bearing on the events that unfolded on the day of your surgery.

I can understand why you are upset. That first picture you posted of your hairline looks quite frankly really bad. It reminds me of Jamie Fox's hairline... low and boxed in with closed off temples, the kind that gets painted on or shaved in with a razor. A "hip hop hairline" if you will, the problem is that I've never seen a hairline like that on a white guy. Subsequent pictures appear to make it look a bit better but still way too low for my taste and obviously yours. Also the quality of the work looks bad which is a bit confusing since Dr. Umar has done some really great work for many patients, such as Wylie, and has changed lives for the better. The multi-hair grafts in the hairline is particularly puzzling as it is a rookie mistake.

In terms of the placement of the hairline it seems as if some of the blame may lie with you for insisting on an "aggressive hairline." However even if a patient insists on something that will just not work aesthetically, it is the responsibility of the physician to be the voice of reason and temper the patient's expectations, especially if they are a bit unrealistic. If Dr. Umar was reluctant to do such an aggressive hairline I would have liked to seen him "pass" on you as a patient. Also the fact that you showed up late on the day of your surgery seems to have added to some of the confusion as I can see in the rush to get things underway the proper time was probably not taken to design a hairline. Again if things were rushed to the point of being uncomfortable the best thing would have been to reschedule. The clinic did say it was ok though so that responsibility falls to them.

Good luck with everything, as a guy who has had a bad transplant I know how devastating it can be. It sounds as if some type of refund may be in order here and you should just try to move on if you can.

Where is there photographic evidence of multi haired grafts in the hairline?

The one thing many people on this thread are not familiar with is they do not know the man behind the curtain, and just what he is capable of. I might be the only one on this thread who knows his history AND has sat in his chair for surgery.

It is not only possible that photos of multi haired grafts are purported to have come from this patients hairline, it is indeed likely that this physician would make a blatant and egregious falsification and use photos from outside the hairline as evidence in doing so.

I'm really seeing someone who is vulnerable being exploited to further a certain doctors vendetta against Dr. Umar. If that sounds paranoid or conspiratorial, it is quite likely that many of you do not know what kind of people are involved in this industry.

I'm entirely grateful for forums such as this one, where these issues with consumer satisfaction and alleged doctor ineptitude can be examined, hashed out, and openly debated. But something just didn't smell right from the beginning, and when I found out a certain doctor was involved behind the scenes, I have a deep suspicion that this story has been manipulated from the very beginning and Hairguy is being used for someone else's ulterior motives.