My hair transplant with Dr. Umar.

Hairguy350

Now this thread is revolving on dr bhatti nto dr umar

Dr bhatti is one of the cheapest cheapest cheapest cheapest cheapest and good FUE surgeon 1$per graft including body hair that mean 19000 grafts will be 19000$

I have read dr bhatti gives speecial discount on 3000 plus grafts

I have even read roundtrip from US to india is 800$ if booked 8weeks in advance

I would say dr bhatti rockkkkksssssssssssssssssssss

Note: I just think dr bhattis hairline is the only hitch

Again this is my opinion

Hi FUEONLY,

This thread has got NOTHING to do with Dr. Bhatti. Please do not try to bring Dr. Bhatti into this. You might mean well but your comments give some folks on this forum the wrong impression that you are somehow affiliated to Dr. Bhatti, which is totally NOT the case.

My humble suggestion....please stay on the topic.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi FUEONLY,

This thread has got NOTHING to do with Dr. Bhatti. Please do not try to bring Dr. Bhatti into this. You might mean well but your comments give some folks on this forum the wrong impression that you are somehow affiliated to Dr. Bhatti, which is totally NOT the case.

My humble suggestion....please stay on the topic.

Thank you,

California

I think you should figure out a way to ban fueonly, because regardless of the fact that he is not affiliated with Dr. Bhatti he is negatively affecting his reputation with his incoherent ramblings and his incessant need to inject Dr. Bhatti into every thread.

I really hope English is like his 10th language.

I think you should figure out a way to ban fueonly, because regardless of the fact that he is not affiliated with Dr. Bhatti he is negatively affecting his reputation with his incoherent ramblings and his incessant need to inject Dr. Bhatti into every thread.

Absolutely some or the other way he(FUEONLY) has to mention Dr.Bhatti's name somewhere in his post. :P I fail to understand what is his motive...Absolutely all his threads have to have Dr.Bhatti's Name in it. ;) atleast once..

Edited by augustya

Hi Greatjob,

I do appreciate your concern. But as we all know, this is a public forum and we are all members/users of this forum. I do not have the authority to ban anyone. As far as the notion of " FUEONLY affecting Dr. Bhatti's reputation negatively" is concerned, I am hoping that the forum members can see past his posts about Dr. Bhatti. I have been consistently sending my message out that FUEONLY has absolutely NO affiliation/relationship with Dr. Bhatti. Now, if he chooses to inject Dr. Bhatti's name in most of his posts (as Augustya has rightly pointed out).......not sure what we can do. I can only request and I have done so publicly and via PM. I have also brought this issue to the attention of Bill (Forum Moderator). I hope you understand that I have been trying.....hard.

Sorry for going off topic here ........just wanted to make sure that we are all on the same page as far as FUEONLY and his favorite topic (Dr. Bhatti) is concerned. I have shared some of the threads with Dr. Bhatti and he is not happy about it. Again, unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do.

Thanks,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Is this graft removal video of Hairguy350 having grafts removed? Sorry i am on my i-phone.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I have put almost all of Dr Umar's' statements in quotation boxes and highlighted blue. The video presentation near the bottom of the page has instructions for viewing in HD near the link. Below is my rebuttal and additional evidence.

During the course of several email consultation dialogue, Hairguy350 was given two options. Here are direct email quotes:

1800 grafts we would restore your hairline conservatively and blend it into your frontal scalp.

3000 grafts would advance your hairline and fill in as well as bolster density in the frontal scalp.

Dr. Umar, I would like to proceed with the aggressive procedure in early January 2013.

These quotes posted above by Umar are what greatjob would call cherry picking and do not follow a chronological timeline.

- November 22, 2012: Consultation request.

- November 23, 2012: Umar replies, “From the photos you have sent, I recommend 3000 grafts ( Head and nape derived) for your restoration.

This is a 2 consecutive weekday procedure at the cost of $8 per graft.”

- November 23, 2012: I reply, “What are the realistic expectations for this procedure.”

- November 26, 2012: Umar replies, “3000 grafts would advance your hairline and fill in as well as bolster density in the frontal scalp.” (quoted by Umar above).

- November 27, 2012: Umar replies, “With 1800 grafts we would restore your hairline conservatively and blend it into your frontal scalp (quoted by Umar above).With 3000 grafts, the hairline would be a tad more aggressive than te aforementioned and we would also augment the density of the frontal scalp.”

As you can see there was no mention of non-surgical remedies, 3000 grafts was Umars recommendation, he did not complete his own recommendation, he did not mention the possibility of multiple procedures, he did not mention the option for 1800 grafts until later, he gave two ambiguous descriptions of what an aggressive hairline was; the final description just being a tad more aggressive with greater frontal scalp density.

I met HG on January 10th to discuss his hairline, frontal scalp and the transplanting of his grafts prior to surgery. He was not sedated, because no sedating medication was provided to him until after we had discussed what HG wanted and what was achievable. I gave HG a marking pencil and had him draw in the hairline he wanted. He was alert and drew his goal of a hairline with one a steady holding the pencil and another holding a large mirror. I then photographed it from several different angles. A couple of those photos are shown below:

Aggressive hairline drawn by HG prior to surgery

1242_zps1249bee6.jpg

1222_zpsb2ef67dd.jpg

I then explained to HG that the hairline he drew was too low. After wiping off that line, I took the marking pencil and drew what I thought was an appropriate hairline, in light of HG’s expressed goals. I photographed that hairline. This hairline met with his approval. Again, HG was awake, and of clear mind, there was no sedating medication in his system.

aggressive hairline drawn by Dr Umar and approved by HG

5cm2_zps86f904a6.jpg

1262_zps971d9632.jpg

07bb0e94-3b5a-49d1-b45c-c472dd70e2b8_zps54fe4f75.jpg

Above is a page from my medical record. As I have stated before I had never seen Dr. Umar in person or spoken with him until I had been prepped by his staff and was waiting in the operating room. My international flight from Asia (Usually I was working in the Middle East) where I had been on business arrived at 10 AM and as soon as I got my bags I took a taxi to the clinic and showed up with my bags without checking into my hotel. I was not late, as some people have claimed. The patient coordinator and Umar were well aware of the schedule change and had approved it prior to my flight. (It should be noted I was coming from a time zone 14 hours ahead of Los Angeles time). A nurse or whom I believe to have been a nurse gave me the cup full of pills and instructed me to take them as I changed out of my clothes. I asked her what the pills were and she said just some antibiotics and things to help you relax. Things to help you relax were diazepam, and codeine. Diphenhydramine, Lorazepam, Midazolam, Butorphanol were injected shortly upon entering the operating room as you can see from my medical record.

What is Butorphanol? It is a schedule 4 controlled substance (opioid) used to relieve pain. The U.S. National Library of Medicine / National Institute of Health states, “Butorphanol injection is also used to relieve pain during labor and to prevent pain and decrease awareness before or during surgery.”

Butorphanol Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information

What is Midazolam? Is a schedule 4 controlled substance (Benzodiazepine). The U.S. National Library of Medicine / National Institute of Health states, “Midazolam is given to children before medical procedures or before anesthesia for surgery to cause drowsiness, relieve anxiety, and prevent any memory of the event.”

Symptoms of overdose may include: drowsiness, confusion, problems with balance and movement, slowed breathing and heartbeat, loss of consciousness.

Midazolam: MedlinePlus Drug Information

The Mayo clinic states, “Midazolam is used to produce sleepiness or drowsiness and to relieve anxiety before surgery or certain procedures. Midazolam is also given to produce amnesia (loss of memory) so that the patient will not remember any discomfort or undesirable effects that may occur after a surgery or procedure.”

Midazolam (Injection Route) - MayoClinic.com

What are Diazepam and Lorazepam? Are schedule 4 controlled substances (Benzodiazepine). The U.S. National Library of Medicine / National Institute of Health states, “Diazepam is used to relieve anxiety, muscle spasms, and seizures and to control agitation caused by alcohol withdrawal.” “Side effects are: drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, weakness, dry mouth, diarrhea, nausea, changes in appetite, restlessness or excitement, constipation, difficulty urinating, frequent urination, blurred vision, changes in sex drive or ability.”

Diazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information

Lorazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information

The DEA states that drugs like Diazepam, Midazolam, and Lorazepam affect the mind in the following ways, “Benzodiazepines are associated with amnesia, hostility, irritability, and vivid or disturbing dreams.”

Get Smart About Drugs - Benzodiazepines

Diazepam, midazolam, and lorazepam all belong to the same class of medicine Benzodiazepine. Why is this important? The combination of similar drugs could produce or come dangerously close to creating symptoms of overdose. What are some of the symptoms of overdose? Blurred vision, confusion, double vision, drowsiness, tiredness, stupor with the hallmark being falling into a deep sleep while still being able to breath adequately.

Diazepam overdose: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

What is Diphenhydramine? It is an antihistamine that can be used for sedating. Pertinent side effects are drowsiness, dizziness, and vision problems.

Diphenhydramine as an Alternative Local Anesthetic Agent

Diphenhydramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information

What is Codeine? Is a schedule 2 controlled substance (Opiate). Pertinent symptoms and side effects include: dizziness, drowsiness, lightheadedness, and changes in vision.

Diphenhydramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information

What is Triazolam? Is a schedule 4 controlled substance Benzodiazepine. The U.S. National Library of Medicine / National Institute of Health states, “You will probably become very sleepy soon after you take triazolam and will remain sleepy for some time after you take the medication. Plan to go to bed right after you take triazolam and to stay in bed for 7 to 8 hours. Do not take triazolam if you will be unable to remain asleep for 7 to 8 hours after taking the medication. If you get up too soon after taking triazolam, you may experience memory problems.”

Pertinent symptoms and side effects: drowsiness, dizziness, and lightheadedness. Signs of overdose include but not limited to the following: extreme drowsiness, confusion, and loss of consciousness for a period of time.

Triazolam: MedlinePlus Drug Information

7 different drugs were administered that are controlled substances within a matter of minutes.

I do not recall drawing the hairline from the aforementioned picture where it is. My memory is drawing it at my hairline. This statement has been consistent. I described in detail my limited interactions with Umar in the operating room, and that I had felt the effects of the medications very quickly. The abundance of medications used on someone coming from a different time zone, a direct international flight, and only having had breakfast, and a cookie from the patient coordinators desk are additional stressors that can exacerbate the effects of such a plethora of medication. Not to mention the subjective affects of medications and their interactions with each other and a persons individual chemistry.

Dr. Umar and I did not discuss the placement of the hairline in the operating room as he claims above. He introduced himself, which was the same time the effects of the medications began to quickly set in. He asked me to draw a hairline, he said I was not much of an artist, and asked me to lean my head back, and he began to draw. I have no recollection of anything after that point. That is what I have said all along. I have no memory and was utterly cognitively impaired by medications whenever the later photos Umar posted must have been taken.

Before any medication was given to HG, I assessed his condition. After the assessment, I instructed a member of my staff to provide and administer meds to him. All of the members of my staff, the medical assistants, the registered nurse, are licensed or certified to practice within their scope of certification in the State of California. They would not perform tasks that is outside the scope of their state sanctioned designation. They would not give a patient medication until after I had seen the patient and Okay the choice and doses of the medications. We hire only state sanctioned medical personnel in the clinic.

Medication was administered prior to Umars arrival and introduction mentioned previously. Therefore, the first sentence above cannot be true and sets a precedence of false claims made by Umar. He mentions that staff only practice within their scope. What is a nurse’s scope? The U.S. Department of Labor states that nurse’s are within their scope to provide and administer medication amongst other duties.

Registered Nurses : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Furthermore, the state of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Registered Nursing states, “It is within the scope of practice of registered nurses to administer medications for the purpose of induction of conscious sedation for short-term therapeutic, diagnostic or surgical procedures.”

http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/regulations/npr-b-06.pdf

So what does this all mean? If medication was administered before Umar saw me by his staff or at his direction to his staff prior to seeing me and assessing my condition as he claims he did, then his claim above is false. Since nurses are within their scope to administer medication as is stated by the empirically cited evidence then my claims at a minimum show reasonable doubt and maximum a willful false claim by Dr. Umar. However, in this case it is the latter.

There were two days of surgery earmarked for working his frontal scalp and hairline January 10th and 11th. Although we discussed the overall transplant and hairline, and drew the hairline on January 10th, the transplanting of grafts into HG’s new hairline area did not occur until the second day of surgery,January 11th. Only the frontal scalp and areas behind the proposed hairline were done on the first day. Prior to the hairline surgery on January 11th, HG did not raise any concerns or request any modifications of the hairline I drew the day before which was still evident.

Dr. Umar did not inform me as to how the surgery would be done. Therefore, I had no way of knowing what areas would be done first, nor was I informed that there could be modifications during. Furthermore, he uses two contradictory statements above. First he states that grafts were not placed until the second day, then he says only the frontal scalp was done the first day. The inconsistency of these statements is evidence of umar contradicting his testimony above, and this inconsistency of facts and quoting out of context should indicate to the reader to the false nature of his statements.

Photo taken at end of surgery to Frontal scalp (day 1) and hairline (day 2)

1362_zps62db4e7e.jpg

I note that HG wrote on this thread:

“However, I never saw the doctor until I was already given sedatives to knock me out for the day. At that time I was under the influence of these sedatives, and not able to fully comprehend or understand what exactly was going on. I passed out shortly after Dr. Umar entered the room. I have no recollection of asking any questions, getting any answers, or collaborating, or agreeing to what was designed.”

Contrast that with an excerpt of an e-mail that I received from HG:

“You are correct that you did give me a mirror to draw where I wanted my hairline, however, I recall drawing a line at the recession of my existing hairline. You made a remark that I was not much of an artist and instructed me to lean my head back and began to draw a hairline on my head. Leaning my head back is the last thing I remember due to the medication that you instructed your techs to give me.”

However, I never saw the doctor until I was already given sedatives to knock me out for the day. At that time I was under the influence of these sedatives, and not

You can see that HG does recall what occurred and claims to have no memory when it is convenient for him. He suggests that he lay back and passed out as I drew in his hairline. Except that he wasn’t laying back when I drew in the hairline, he was sitting up wide awake. As you can see from the posted photographs HG was sitting up, with the hairline drawn in. If he would grant permission to allow his eyes to be shown, you would find that HG was looking alert and attentive. The notion that HG was sedated before we discussed the transplant and hairline, and that he passed out shortly after I entered the room, is absurd.

Contrast, where I am making the same claim I have always made of remembering the initial interactions in the operating room up until the point where Dr. Umar had me lean my head back, drew his hairline, and everything after that until I woke up that evening. Therefore, your claim above is absurd because it does not contrast anything. It is consistent with my story, and Umar has provided additional evidence on my part corroborating my testimony. The picture he has I have repeatedly stated I have no memory of being taken. Being under the influence of 7 different opiates and benzodiazepines can severely affect a person’s cognition. The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) states,

“A large number of benzodiazepines have been studied for use as sedatives and for their anxiolytic potential as premedicants for outpatient surgery. Potent, new, orally-administered drugs with short half-lives, rapid onset, and minimal residual effects have been developed. Dose-dependent amnesia is also produced by some of these agents. Advances in understanding receptor physiology have shed light on specific pharmacologic activities and aided the discovery of benzodiazepine antagonists with antidote properties. While these drugs have relatively low toxicity, dose-related oversedation remains a risk in susceptible patients, especially when combined with other sedatives.

So the claim of over sedation, plausibility of amnesia, and evidence of cognitive impairment are once again correlated by empirical evidence not mere heresay. Dr. Umar seems adept at trying to cover himself legally with the abundance of medications, photos, paperwork, and advocates he has marketing for him. I cannot and do not deny the existence of said photo, how could I, what I do claim is that I was severely cognitively impaired, no recollection of events past a certain point, no memory of agreeing to umars design, or of photos taken. I do know for a fact that I leaned my head back and laid down for Umar to start drawing and closed my eyes, which is the last thing I remember from that day until I woke up that evening still under the influence of medications.

Then there is the issue of when he believed his hairline was not right.

9/16/13 “I had issue with the lowness of the hairline from day one,…”

9/17/13 “I did not realize the gravity of what had transpired until several months later when the transplanted hair grew in, and around the six-month mark I felt something was wrong.”

HG e-mailed the clinic almost every month. On June 4th he wrote “While I find that the work is very artistic and professional, everything seems to look pluggy at this point, will that change?” I don’t transplant plugs, I transplant follicular units, naturally occurring groupings of hair, by FUE. In the early stages of growth, before all the transplanted hair has grown in and areas look thin, individual follicular units might look pluggy to some, but the look of a hair transplant is not meant to be assessed at 5 months. I responded: “I will not worry about plugginess until the 12th month since a lot of the softer hairs may take 12-18 months to grow in” in Another email I advised: “ The nape hairs used for softening of vanguard hairs takes at least 1 year to manifest fully. It is at that point the softness or lack thereof can be judged”

My first thought when I was first able to see my hairline was that it was too low. I have previously stated that I just hoped for the best and took the advice to wait and be patient as everything developed. As things developed that is when the evolution of the gravity of the egregious work, and the deficits of consent and consultation became more apparent. Again, this is a consistent statement I have made.

In this thread, on 9/6/13, HG wrote “In my e-mails with Dr. Umar he echoed his sentiment that I would likely need another procedure to fill in some gaps where hair was sparse.” I did not tell him that. I did advise that if HG wanted to add density, there is always the option to have another procedure to add density. Whether or not the density of a transplant is acceptable to a patient, can only be determined after waiting at least 10 months. Again, I told HG to allow the hair to grow, and that I thought he would be pleased with the ultimate outcome.

HG is able to “consult every attorney imaginable in California,” visit at least one laser clinic and a number of other transplant doctors, but didn’t come to my office and show me what was bothering him. Whatever his complaint or concern was, I would have listened to him and reviewed in detail the specifics of any complaint he had. In all of my communications with HG prior to the publication of this thread, I have always been courteous and respectful with him.

The reason I did not come to his office is because I reside on the East Coast. Why would anyone after what I have been through trust or spend anymore money to fly across the country to have a conversation.

September 2, 2013, I began to receive harrassing emails from Umar asking me if I had posted negative reviews.

September 5, 2013, Dr. Umar says, “I am no longer responsible for your care.”

September 14, 2013

Mr.______:

You have publicly stated, on an internet website, that you were sedated and not aware of what was going on at the time we talked about the placement of your hairline. The truth is you were not sedated, you were fully awake and lucid during the pre-surgery discussion of your hairline.

I am requesting, pursuant to the laws of the State of California, that you publicly retract this false, malicious and defamatory statement. 

Sincerely,

S. Umar, MD

“It can be reasonable construed from the email from September 14, 2013, that dr. Umar sent this message in an attempt to scare me from posting publicly. However, the United States and California Constitutions grant every person petition and free speech rights to participate in government and civic affairs, speak freely on public issues and issues of public interest, and petition government officials for redress of grievances. Yet, every year, thousands of individuals, community groups, and organizations are sued for exercising these constitutional rights. These suits are known as “SLAPPs” — Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation. Therefore, posting reviews on the internet are protected under this law and its statutes.”

Why would Dr. Umar want to file a SLAPP suit against me? It’s simple, while most SLAPPs are meritless they take up considerable time and money. The underlying message is that if you speak up I will sue you. Therefore, his claim of being courteous and respectable is false.

As to the photo posted by HG in which “5 cm” is written in blue ink on HG’s forehead, if the point of the photo was to communicate that HG’s hairline was 5cm from his eyebrows, a photo with a measuring tape or a metric ruler placed on the forehead would have shown the actual height of the hairline. In my opinion, HG has his eyes wide open and his forehead furrowed so as to make his forehead seem smaller, so as to make his hairline appear lower than it actually is. The hairline which HG received at my clinic was not 5 cm. The posted photos should make that fairly obvious.

Attached below you will see the photo with a measuring tape placed appropriately on my forehead and secured to the surface with tape. It clearly shows the hairline as being 5 cm, 5.2 cm to 5.5 to be exact. Those things on my forhead are called wrinkles. They are always there, and not from furrowing my brows.

ruler_zps36e2d227.jpg

As to the issue of plugginess, I cannot speak to suspect photos shot under nebulous circumstances and likely shot after the areas have been lasered and or surgerized by another clinic (s). I can only speak to what I do in my clinic and the kind of result it produces. Many members of this forum are recipients of my hairline work.

In qualified candidates, I use finer nape and finer peri-auricular hairs (fine hairs around the ears) in conjunction with regular head singles to achieve the softness needed for natural looking hairlines and temple points. Nape and peri-auricular area hair: Like body hair extractions, require extra FUE skill to harvest efficiently. It is well know to this forum that I have been using this hair in qualified patients for hairline, temple point reconstruction, as well as eyebrow hair transplants which all have a need for softness. After 8 years of magnification, however they would appear as doubles. In nature the fineness of the hairline is imparted by the presence of thin caliber hairs that include doubles. Traditional transplants tries to mimic this by planting only thick single hairs from the middle of the back of the head. We are capable of mimicking nature by using a mix of single nape hairs, regular head singles and finer double nape and periauricular hairs.

Thus In a work that involves not only the advancement of a hairline and reconstitution of the temple points, but the thickening of the frontal scalp, you would come across all variations of hairs. And in this evolved approach, the appearances of these hair (cropped or not) would vary at 6 months, 10, 12 and 18 months. No serious clinic would pass judgment on work done at 6 months or less to the extent of committing the patient to the invasive procedure of reversing the hair transplant surgically. Which appears to have occurred in HG's case.

using this hair, I have found that with the exception of some body hair ( see my publication on the subject in JAMA Dermatology JAMA Network | JAMA Dermatology | The Transplanted Hairline: *Leg Room for Improvement ) , nape hair singles impact the softest possible look to hairlines. Nape hair doubles also impart softness that may even exceed the regular head singles that is traditionally used in transplants. Under high power

There are obvious multi-hair grafts in the front and temple points of the hairline. They have remained that way since inception, and even increased in caliber. Furthermore, the lasered hair grew back within a matter of weeks and the caliber and multi hair grafts remained intact. The attached link below will take you to a video of my latest repair with photos and live video that show the multi hair grafts being extracted and the grafts counted the moment they come out. For optimal quality you should click the cogwheel in the lower right corner of the video and select 720p to watch the video in HD so that you can see the 2, 3, 4, and 5 hair grafts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTUVYy2hhlQ

In May, about 4 months after surgery, HG e-mailed and indicated that there was a gap between his old hairline and new hairline and that the frontal area seemed thin. Although provided photos did not reveal this to me, I responded back and informed him that these areas would fill in over time.

On June 4 and June 6, about 5 months after surgery, HG disclosed to me that he had been diagnosed with mental disorders and implied that because of this, he could not wait for the hair to grow in. A couple of days ago HG wrote “I do not wish to discuss my mental health because I do not believe it is related.” I recognize this is a sensitive issue. However, when HG wrote to me, he indicated that it was related. And if after implying that he cannot wait for his hair transplant to fully manifest becasue of the diagnosis and follows shortly afterwards with non surgical and surgical procedures to remove his transplant, it is rational to assume it is related. Please note that I did not disclose what his diagnoses were, nor did I disclose the text of those e-mails.

Umar was intentionally ambiguous regarding the nature of those diagnoses because it created speculation. It also was blatant character assassination meant to attack my credibility rather than engage in the discussion. Initially I granted him full authorization except mental health because he is not my mental health practitioner. However, since he would not respond without being able to make his comments about mental health, which are outside of his scope, I relented so that this discussion could transpire. However, September 5, 2013, Dr. Umar stated, “I am no longer responsible for your care.” He revealed then revealed my mental health information publically September 20, 2013. What he did not do was contact my psychologist to get approval which is required pursuant Cal. Welf. & Inst. Code §5328(b). Therefore, Dr. Umar has violated HIPAA law.

For those of you who are adept at what a logical fallacies is the mere fact of releasing this information qualifies as an ad hominem logical fallacy attack.

What I told umar was that the situation with my hair was an additional stressor, and I have stated I was having a bad day due to my friend who died in Fallujah being remembered. The depression is due to my appearance and the ptsd is from combat situations.

As time went by I received e-mails from HG complaining that his hairline was too low, and that he was going to have his grafts removed. I asked him, in the strongest terms possible, not to remove his grafts. I told him that if another doctor had advised him to remove his grafts, have the doctor call or e-mail me. I did not receive a call or e-mail from any doctor or clinic.

I eventually became aware that HG wrote on another website that he had laser surgery to remove his grafts. At another point, he e-mailed me and told me he was under the care of another transplant doctor, and that this doctor would call me. That doctor did not call me.

I treated this patient just like all of my other patients. He would have received a good result if he had waited for his hair to grow.

I did ask that physician to contact him. I also gave Umar the repair physicians contact information several times, and he did not ever contact him. Umar could have just as easily called or emailed that physician instead of not picking up the phone or typing an email.

Lastly, no amount of hair growth would ever significantly resolve the hairline that is too low, too straight, which consent and design collaboration was supposedly garnered while under the influence of 7 controlled substances administered by Umars staff. The entirety of the situation constitutes negligence and medical battery. Case precedence has been set in California previously regarding the use of medication and consents obtained whether written or verbal after medications were administered. The State of California has ruled and set precedence stating that physicians and cases of this nature are not subject to MICRA because these cases are not considered medical malpractice. Therefore, any and all arbitration or other agreements are null and void.

Over the course of this post you have seen a consistent revelation of the false nature of Dr. Umars claims, and true character. While much of this matter will be settled in the court the objectivity of community members and the access to this case provide invaluable information. This post was volunteered on good faith to serve a specific purpose of talking to relevant people about my experience. I felt it was my duty to communicate to all of you with corresponding duties and interests.

Of course, there will be always critics.

Wylie, Heliboy, Atticus / Abner to name a few. As close as I can ascertain atticus posts on every site for umar giving reviews and testimony. Heliboy, is unwilling to post high quality photos of his hair nor is he willing to tell people or show proof of what he paid for multiple surgeries from Umar totaling 19,500 grafts with an estimated price tag of 150k+. What is evident from heliboy is he has something to hide. Wylie I don’t have much to say about other than we don’t agree on much.

My international flight from Asia where I had been on business arrived at 10 AM and as soon as I got my bags I took a taxi to the clinic and showed up with my bags without checking into my hotel. I was not late, as some people have claimed. The patient coordinator and Umar were well aware of the schedule change and had approved it prior to my flight. (It should be noted I was coming from a time zone 14 hours ahead of Los Angeles time).

Hairguy what time was your surgery appointment time when you booked the surgery? And what time did you arrive on the day of the surgery?

Hairguy you claim that Dr. Umar and his clinic knew prior to your flight you would be late....how far in advance of your flight did you communicate with them that you would not be able to make the planned surgery appointment time?

Hairguy...btw why in the world would you allow your schedule to be so tight that something like this could happen where there is a crunch for time on the day of your important surgery? Doesn't common sense tell you that it's not very bright to schedule a surgery and then last minute contact the clinic and inform them you will be hours late? In my mind that is just asking for trouble.

Hairguy were you on any medications during or after your flight when you arrived at Dr. Umar's clinic?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

The first email I have for re-scheduling was sent January 7, 2013.

This is from an email from Dr. Umars staff January 9, 2013:

Hello Mr. _____,

I hope your trip is well. No worries Mr. _____ when you arrive here on the 10th just come straight to the office from the airport.

I will talk to you soon.

Daisy...

Please note that I am not a physician. My statements do not constitute medical advice of any kind. Please direct all medical questions, enquiries to Dr Umar directly.

Daisy Espinosa M.A.

Fine Touch Dermatology Inc

Derm Hair Clinic

819 North Harbor Drive, Suite 400

Redondo Beach, California 90277

Like I have said previously I did not take any medications, alcohol, or drugs before, during, or after the flight.

Additionally, here is another of Umars patients writing on this forum that he was sedated to be unconscious, and that he was laying down. Thus providing more empirical evidence corroborating my claims regarding sedation and that when I was asked to lay back that I was actually laying back and not upright and non-medicated as Umar has claimed previously.

he asked me to point out in a mirror what I'd like the hairline to be. By the time things were started I was knocked out. That's good stuff they gave me. Made the day just pass by. I just know dr umar was behind extracting grafts cuz a few times I'd wake up and move he'd ask me to not get up. Totally involuntary

It wasn't on standby. I didn't ask what punch size it was. Yes, unlike my 2 procedures with a previous doc where i was awake and just numbed up, with Dr Umar I was given sedatives. Also, instead of being just propped up and awake for 8-10 hours with the previous doc, you get to completely lay flat down to fall asleep at Dr. Umar's. They just tell you when to flip over. I've got plenty more details to share about everything when I get home, although I probably don't know enough of the technological details some might be wondering about.

Hairguy has not specifically addressed the inconsistencies in his statements.

Furthermore, Hairguy has shown a photograph with a ruler on the forehead of the person in the photo. Supposedly, this is to address the doubts raised by his first photo posted earlier in this thread. If anything, in my opinion, this photo raises more questions and the possibility of doctoring of photos.

Please compare the photo from HG to the next 2 photos that were taken immediately before and after surgery at my clinic, that show a similar view. In all comparisons, please focus on the 3 horizontal wrinkles on the forehead. Here are the 3 photos. Please see comments afterwards:

Photo posted by hairguy:

ruler_zps36e2d2271_zps490b245f.jpg

PHOTO TAKEN AT THE CLINIC IMMEDIATELY BEFORE SURGERY WITH MARKINGS FOR PROPOSED HAIRLINE:

12622_zps4c53acba.jpg

PHOTO TAKEN AT THE CLINIC IMMEDIATELY AFTER SURGERY SHOWING NEW HAIRLINE POSITION:

135-a_zps3a0caa01.jpg

1. In our photos (authentic), there are 3 horizontal lines on the left half of his forehead and only 2 on the right half of his forehead. On the photo posted by HG, there are 3 horizontal lines on both the left and right forehead halves.

2. In our photos, the distance between the wrinkle lines is much wider and consistent with a younger patient with a normal facial expression. In HG's photo, in my opinion, the distances between the lines are much shorter and consistent with an older patient and/or a photo that has been photoshopped to make the forehead considerably shorter than it truly is.

3. In our photos, the distance between the hairline placement and the top most line is at least 1.5 time the distances between the various lines. In HG's alleged photo, in my opinion, it is 0.5 time this distance.

4. In HG's photo, the way the rest of the head sits on the eyebrows looks completely different from the overall head shape proceeding from the eyebrow in our photos, giving the suggestions of a very obvious attempt to manipulate the photo. This is my considered opinion.

On another note, HG states that some tech in another clinic told him they removed a grafts that was upside down, 6 months after the fact. FYI, when a graft is placed upside down, it does not survive 6 months, so that it can be removed by a tech.

As to Hairguy's statement that I threatened him with a lawsuit, it is false. I never threatened him with a lawsuit, nor did I harass him. I did object to a defamatory statement made by him, and asked him to retract it. This long thread makes clear, that Hairguy ignored my request.

It should be easy to prove, zoom the picture until you can see the pixels and you will be able to see if smudging was used to blend 2 skin tones.

I worked at a online casino and people used this trick all the time to claim false jackpot wins:-)

Apologies to hair guy if the photo is authentic

Immediately, after surgery there is swelling that make lines less pronounced. That is just common sense. Why do you think they tell you there will be swelling, and to possibly sleep more upright. The photo with the ruler is authentic, there is no manipulation. Umar is a liar, the evidence corroborates it, and his reply is a hallmark of desperation.

Without being judgemental here I don't know why but suddenly HAIRGUY'S comments have started making sense and have started gaining solid ground !!

But I still really can't beat it, why would Dr.Umar do this ?? I mean there is no real reason for him to do this. It sure cant be negligence with the amount of fame he has achieved !! Nor HAIRGUY is his enemy. So it is really baffling what's going on here...

I think this post has run its course. Hairguy got to post his story and Dr. Umar got to reply. The future people that are researching hair transplant that come across this post can come to there own conclusion. That's my opinion.

Good luck to you Hairguy.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

The picture with the ruler seems like a different person. The cranial features don't look the same.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I think this post has run its course. Hairguy got to post his story and Dr. Umar got to reply. The future people that are researching hair transplant that come across this post can come to there own conclusion.

Good luck to you Hairguy.

This thread runs its course when people stop posting in it. As long as people are posting, the thread maintains its inertia.

I have trouble understanding you. 2300 posts in two years? Self proclaimed FUE guru. Whats going on in Brazil. I would be chasing women and enjoying the weather and not living on my computer.

That's a little below the belt don't you think?

That's a little below the belt don't you think?

Who originally said that? Lorenzo? He doesn't know my profession and how often I get paid to sit at a computer and do nothing. He seems more content playing Mr Moderator, dictating for people to shut their mouths. Sounds like a great guy. Perhaps he hasn't seen the threads to are in my signature that I spent many hours working on to provide for forum members FOR FREE whilst he is being paid by a clinic to promote their own interests. Forgive me for spending hours of my own time helping people at no charge and at no benefit to myself. Forgive me for supporting free speech while you demand censorship. We should all be like Lorenzo, he is the beacon of humanity and reason. And he happened to delete his post like a coward.

Please show me a post where I stated I was an "FUE guru" or "FUE expert" and I will Paypal you $1,000US or leave the forum forever. You made the statement, let's see you back it up.

Edited by Mickey85