Very High Density forehead reduction (3361 grafts)

Fue3361

24 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Thanks.  Encouraging words :)

I think I’ll take some pics tomorrow and post my 5th month just to keep things well documented, even if changes are not dramatic.

At this point (~150 days), looking at your progress so far, I can tell with a pretty high confidence that most( 90%) of your transplanted hair sprouted already. This does not mean that it is your final result. All those newly sprouted hair will become thicker, darker and mature in the next 4-6 months. 

After 10 months, I would be super curious to see how much yield you would have. Even if you have 80% yield (and I think you will have more than that), you will be on clouds :)

9 hours ago, Kaya said:

At this point (~150 days), looking at your progress so far, I can tell with a pretty high confidence that most( 90%) of your transplanted hair sprouted already. This does not mean that it is your final result. All those newly sprouted hair will become thicker, darker and mature in the next 4-6 months. 

After 10 months, I would be super curious to see how much yield you would have. Even if you have 80% yield (and I think you will have more than that), you will be on clouds :)

Interesting.  What makes you say that 90% has sprouted?  From the look?  From my comment about not having much progress from months 4-5?

Check out my journey here:

OK!  5 month mark (and some BAD pictures):

So, did not see a massive change from the 4 month mark, but decided to take some pics, including very harsh light, to showcase that there is some lack of density.

First of all, normal ambient, non direct light (hair pulled up/back):

IMG_7631.jpeg.5d10da908365e972237bda2b0d3a53a0.jpeg

IMG_7632.jpeg.70fb88f72f9bf77acefecdd3dd2433e6.jpeg

Next, under direct camera flash/harsh light:

IMG_7627.thumb.jpeg.c7b1f0159de05059bb2dd5fb698028ad.jpeg

IMG_7628.jpeg.7767cb8cec64f320baf5e9e0cba88741.jpeg

IMG_7629.thumb.jpeg.ca1b6d33d7ec964addf49b756d4f1e4c.jpeg

Now the BAD (cellphone flashlight + looking perpendicular to grafts):

IMG_7630.thumb.jpeg.da02e74be311b580884ed1babcdc179a.jpeg

So as shown, I'm hoping it's not at 90% like the above poster said, and there will be more density showing up in the next few months.  It being only 5 months in, I'm hopeful, but who knows, maybe most of my grafts really have sprouted.  Only time will tell.  REALLY looking forward to the 6 month mark, as that's the magical number most people discuss the most and say that an indication of real final results can be seen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Interesting.  What makes you say that 90% has sprouted?  From the look?  From my comment about not having much progress from months 4-5?

Maths and look (not your comment)

Maths: Telogen phase of hair follicle lasts about 2-3 months. Assuming shock loss started at around 30 days (at the latest), plus 2-3 months of telogen phase will be 120 days. Then hair will start growing at a rate of 1 cm a month. Hair follicle is located 0.5 cm under your skin. Therefore at around 135 days mark, most of your hair would be sprouted. Apparently, you started sprouting even earlier than that.

Look at my photo at 70 day mark. You can see that most sprouted and the others are one the way (like black dots)

image.png.2bfc3d61bb5408da0f6ede0f4581aa24.png

Look: Below is your 76 day mark. You can see that most already sprouted and the rest can be seen as dots 

image.png.3a131f7ccbd09d9f5396cd7ba74d25c1.png

Reading your last message, I see that you relate sprouting to final result or something close to it. In my previous message, I wrote 'This does not mean that it is your final result. All those newly sprouted hair will become thicker, darker and mature in the next 4-6 months.'

Sprouting is nothing but seeing a very tiny hair on the skin like in both your and my 70-80 day mark photos above. It will take another 4-6 months for all those to mature and get to the final result. So it is absolutely normal to see lack of density at this point; we all had that. Sprouting hair is weak now. They are short, skinny, light in color and not very straight (in some cases) so the coverage/density will not be there till at least 8 month mark.

But from technical perspective, most of your transplanted hair already grew and came out of your skin and can be seen if zoomed in and of course they are not strong at this point. 

Edited by Kaya
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

OK!  5 month mark (and some BAD pictures):

So, did not see a massive change from the 4 month mark, but decided to take some pics, including very harsh light, to showcase that there is some lack of density.

First of all, normal ambient, non direct light (hair pulled up/back):

IMG_7631.jpeg.5d10da908365e972237bda2b0d3a53a0.jpeg

IMG_7632.jpeg.70fb88f72f9bf77acefecdd3dd2433e6.jpeg

Next, under direct camera flash/harsh light:

IMG_7627.thumb.jpeg.c7b1f0159de05059bb2dd5fb698028ad.jpeg

IMG_7628.jpeg.7767cb8cec64f320baf5e9e0cba88741.jpeg

IMG_7629.thumb.jpeg.ca1b6d33d7ec964addf49b756d4f1e4c.jpeg

Now the BAD (cellphone flashlight + looking perpendicular to grafts):

IMG_7630.thumb.jpeg.da02e74be311b580884ed1babcdc179a.jpeg

So as shown, I'm hoping it's not at 90% like the above poster said, and there will be more density showing up in the next few months.  It being only 5 months in, I'm hopeful, but who knows, maybe most of my grafts really have sprouted.  Only time will tell.  REALLY looking forward to the 6 month mark, as that's the magical number most people discuss the most and say that an indication of real final results can be seen.

Excellent display of how lighting and styling can completely change the appearance of a result. Thank you for being so candid and transparent.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Excellent display of how lighting and styling can completely change the appearance of a result. Thank you for being so candid and transparent.

Yeah, pics are to show under different lighting conditions.  But under very harsh flashlight, things can look much worse than they really are on camera.

For example, this is my 5 months:

1BCF21AE-4A75-47BD-9ED7-985B826FD05C.thumb.jpeg.063dfff2c0856f370a8a168d1f54446b.jpeg

And this us same light, but natural hair (96fu/cm2):

7FBE0FBF-7B67-44D0-8288-FED2B94E5E1C.thumb.jpeg.c4404cf1289b99a1e5f48eae64c09eaa.jpeg

Both look like they lack some density, albeit the transplant more-so, but that may simply be due graft diameter and maturation not being there yet, only time will tell.

6 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

lol so much for world renowed and respected nobodys heard of this dr.... OP are you happy with your results ?

He's the best known doctor in Brazil, and has worked on many Brazilian celebrities (that are public knowledge).  That said, when I said "internationally well known", might have been wrong choice of words.

As for if I'm happy.  Hard to answer.  If my results literally ended here, at 5 months, it's still a big improvement and I'd be relatively OK with the result, but not necessarily "Happy".  At this stage, nobody can tell I've had a transplant under normal conditions, but my expectations for the transplant are quite high, so I'm hoping to see even more improvements in the next 3-4 months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 6:21 PM, Kaya said:

Maths and look (not your comment)

Maths: Telogen phase of hair follicle lasts about 2-3 months. Assuming shock loss started at around 30 days (at the latest), plus 2-3 months of telogen phase will be 120 days. Then hair will start growing at a rate of 1 cm a month. Hair follicle is located 0.5 cm under your skin. Therefore at around 135 days mark, most of your hair would be sprouted. Apparently, you started sprouting even earlier than that.

Look at my photo at 70 day mark. You can see that most sprouted and the others are one the way (like black dots)

image.png.2bfc3d61bb5408da0f6ede0f4581aa24.png

Look: Below is your 76 day mark. You can see that most already sprouted and the rest can be seen as dots 

image.png.3a131f7ccbd09d9f5396cd7ba74d25c1.png

Reading your last message, I see that you relate sprouting to final result or something close to it. In my previous message, I wrote 'This does not mean that it is your final result. All those newly sprouted hair will become thicker, darker and mature in the next 4-6 months.'

Sprouting is nothing but seeing a very tiny hair on the skin like in both your and my 70-80 day mark photos above. It will take another 4-6 months for all those to mature and get to the final result. So it is absolutely normal to see lack of density at this point; we all had that. Sprouting hair is weak now. They are short, skinny, light in color and not very straight (in some cases) so the coverage/density will not be there till at least 8 month mark.

But from technical perspective, most of your transplanted hair already grew and came out of your skin and can be seen if zoomed in and of course they are not strong at this point. 

This is interesting, because my hair started to sprout at around 3 month mark, at the 4 month mark I had nothing like I have now at 162 days or 5 months and 9 days. I still see tiny hairs sprouting basically everywhere when I take close up photos with flash still. I have one spot that has not filled in but its sprouting new hairs in this area by the day still. You also see some people who have almost nothing at 5 month mark and then alot at 7 month mark so it does not seem so easy to calculate as a simple math problem, theres more to it. 

With this calculation, everyone would be a early grower. You are saying 90% of the hairs or more have sprouted at day 135, 4,5 months. We all know this is not true, if you follow alot of patients reviews here, alot of new hairs are sprouting even at 6 months+ in most cases. 

Edited by digi23

5 hours ago, digi23 said:

This is interesting, because my hair started to sprout at around 3 month mark, at the 4 month mark I had nothing like I have now at 162 days or 5 months and 9 days. I still see tiny hairs sprouting basically everywhere when I take close up photos with flash still. I have one spot that has not filled in but its sprouting new hairs in this area by the day still. You also see some people who have almost nothing at 5 month mark and then alot at 7 month mark so it does not seem so easy to calculate as a simple math problem, theres more to it. 

With this calculation, everyone would be a early grower. You are saying 90% of the hairs or more have sprouted at day 135, 4,5 months. We all know this is not true, if you follow alot of patients reviews here, alot of new hairs are sprouting even at 6 months+ in most cases. 

I hope you're right about this, because while my result at 5.5 months looks "alright" and can pass pretty well for natural hair, the density is still nowhere near where it was after 1st week (before shedding).

13 hours ago, digi23 said:

this sounds about right....i am at 5.5 months and still see some new hair sprouting...so don't worry fue3361 maybe you'll see a hair storm from months 6-8 , some grow early fast and slow down and others start off slower but catch up towards the later months 7-9....

Thing is, I’m at 5.5 months and I can not see a single newly sprouting hair absolutely anywhere.  I’ve seen maybe 2-3 that are very thin but they’re already a good half inch in length at minimum.

2 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Thing is, I’m at 5.5 months and I can not see a single newly sprouting hair absolutely anywhere.  I’ve seen maybe 2-3 that are very thin but they’re already a good half inch in length at minimum.

Yes I am just saying that the timeline is not the same for everyone, to me your result looks pretty good, and I think you were an really early grower.

Would be interesting if you shaved down one spot and count grafts per cm2 since this procedure he promised a amount we are not used to see ever.

With the maturing of these hairs, in 12 months the result will feel alot better I am sure, hopefully you will be satisfied.

6 hours ago, digi23 said:

Yes I am just saying that the timeline is not the same for everyone, to me your result looks pretty good, and I think you were an really early grower.

Would be interesting if you shaved down one spot and count grafts per cm2 since this procedure he promised a amount we are not used to see ever.

With the maturing of these hairs, in 12 months the result will feel alot better I am sure, hopefully you will be satisfied.

Honestly, I’m already much happier than I was pre surgery, nobody can tell I had it done and I don’t have to hide my forehead. But I can still be happy with the transplant and unsatisfied with expectations not met haha!  We’ll wait and see what next 2 months bring.

Decided to do a video update at 5.5 months, under sunlight (natural lightning).

5.5 months Post Transplant (vrddit.com)  <------- VIDEO

Couldn't find a better way to host the video (I think these forums don't allow video hosting, unlike photos).  IF there's a better way, let me know!

Here's the video in .gif format:

1938472433_video0(1).gif

Edited by Fue3361
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

5.5 month?!?!? Simply Amazing...

Thanks.  I'm happy the hairline is relatively soft and not too harsh, now I'm just waiting to see if the density will get any higher.

3 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Agreed. This is very good for 5.5 months. 

Nice work with the gif video as well, 

Thanks.  Yeah, gif seems to be the only good way to upload vids here, so went with that.

Edited by Fue3361