Very High Density forehead reduction (3361 grafts)

Fue3361

2 hours ago, Kaya said:

How old are you?

Was this a stick and place, implanter pen or slit?

In my 30s.  

Slits, then implanted pen into slit.  So not a DHI (The slits are premade) but the pen is used to implant instead of forceps.  

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators

Looks great, the redness should subside in due time. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

At 2 months, pretty much look the same as when I was at 1 month mark, except the few stray hairs are much longer now.  Not much to update on.  Here's 2 pictures show in sunlight to give an idea (I'll post higher quality pictures once there are real results to show):

CDDB1FDE-D654-4F29-A1AA-A586E3E8DDFB.jpeg

2703DDF8-F9A1-4FE0-9505-2B121A52A249.jpeg

Edited by Fue3361

On 9/14/2021 at 5:31 AM, Fue3361 said:

r/tressless - Very High Density forehead reduction (3361 grafts)

I had zero hair there before (this was forehead reduction, my natural hairline is higher.  I counted myself in multiple spots (using higher res photo than this), always 75+

That’s crazy that’s 80 grafts per sq cm! It doesn’t look it. But I guess it is. If they all grew with in that 10 day mark you will be fine. One of the things that I had with my surgeon was he was conservative for the same reason of blood supply. It was a pain to keep going back for perfection but glad I did. I will say i had a few friends that went a few years after me and he did up the grafts per sq cm on the first pass with them with excellent results. There’s nothing more rewarding than being able to buzz your hair down and not being able to detect the outline of where you were bald before. Lol Looking forward for updates. It should be a good result!

1 hour ago, Guy73 said:

That’s crazy that’s 80 grafts per sq cm! It doesn’t look it. But I guess it is. If they all grew with in that 10 day mark you will be fine. One of the things that I had with my surgeon was he was conservative for the same reason of blood supply. It was a pain to keep going back for perfection but glad I did. I will say i had a few friends that went a few years after me and he did up the grafts per sq cm on the first pass with them with excellent results. There’s nothing more rewarding than being able to buzz your hair down and not being able to detect the outline of where you were bald before. Lol Looking forward for updates. It should be a good result!

My hair naturally has a higher than average angle (more similar to asian hair than western hair), so when a picture is taken from directly ontop, you can't see the density as well since the hairs show less surface area than someone with a more normal slanted hair growth.  

But yeah, hopefully they all survive, I think the result should be really good.  

As for not seeing the outline where I was bald, well I am not really "bald" anywhere, I just was born with a larger than I'd like forehead.  And I had hair implanted there to reduce the size of the forehead to something I find more pleasing.  So yeah, no real balding, but that's just semantics.  

I had 2 small HTs with Keser, totaling up to 1730 grafts for pretty much the same reason (lowering hairline, forehead reduction) and I do not have balding issue either.

I was 42 and 44 years old when I had the operations. All the grafts grew out fine without a loss. I shaved my head 2 years after the second HT and counted. First HT density was about 55 gf/cm2 and second was about 65 gf/cm2. My original hair density is 120 gf/cm2 and my combined average density of 60 gf/cm2 looks very satisfying.

In short, your 75-80 gf/cm2 density is possibly the densest I have ever seen and if all come out fine, you will have an unbelievably good/natural looking hair.

If you can, it will be very beneficial to our community to shave your hair after a year and count again.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kaya said:

I had 2 small HTs with Keser, totaling up to 1730 grafts for pretty much the same reason (lowering hairline, forehead reduction) and I do not have balding issue either.

I was 42 and 44 years old when I had the operations. All the grafts grew out fine without a loss. I shaved my head 2 years after the second HT and counted. First HT density was about 55 gf/cm2 and second was about 65 gf/cm2. My original hair density is 120 gf/cm2 and my combined average density of 60 gf/cm2 looks very satisfying.

In short, your 75-80 gf/cm2 density is possibly the densest I have ever seen and if all come out fine, you will have an unbelievably good/natural looking hair.

If you can, it will be very beneficial to our community to shave your hair after a year and count again.  

Id consider it, but I’m really not a fan of buzz cuts, but I’ll definitely consider it.

Also, your hairline looks absolutely amazing, congratulations!

Surgery #1 was great, and second one was like dessert, the cherry on top to make things just that much better!

On 10/9/2021 at 11:15 AM, Fue3361 said:

In my 30s.  

Slits, then implanted pen into slit.  So not a DHI (The slits are premade) but the pen is used to implant instead of forceps.  

Not sure why you do not want to say which Dr/clinic this is but this pretty much tells who it is if its true its a "world renowned Dr" and doing pre made slits. Its not many doing pre made slits of the real top Drs.

There is no point at all to post your story here if you dont enclose the Dr, since this forum is about sharing your experience from a certain Dr so others can see real patient results.

Edited by digi23

2 hours ago, digi23 said:

Not sure why you do not want to say which Dr/clinic this is but this pretty much tells who it is if its true its a "world renowned Dr" and doing pre made slits. Its not many doing pre made slits of the real top Drs.

There is no point at all to post your story here if you dont enclose the Dr, since this forum is about sharing your experience from a certain Dr so others can see real patient results.

When I have my final results and some time has passed, I will let you guys know who the doctor/clinic is.  Don't want to do it so close to having done the surgery.  

2 hours ago, digi23 said:

Also, I didn't know this honestly.  What is the reason they don't do pre made slits?  I'd think you can get better density that way.  

My doctor pre makes slits, puts the grafts into implanter pens (Ones that don't have a sharp point, since they don't need to pierce skin) and then implants the grafts there.  He says he can achieve higher densities if he makes the slits by themselves compared to if he went DHI (I also assume DHI implanter pens have a higher circumference than pens just for opening slits.

3 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Also, I didn't know this honestly.  What is the reason they don't do pre made slits?  I'd think you can get better density that way.  

My doctor pre makes slits, puts the grafts into implanter pens (Ones that don't have a sharp point, since they don't need to pierce skin) and then implants the grafts there.  He says he can achieve higher densities if he makes the slits by themselves compared to if he went DHI (I also assume DHI implanter pens have a higher circumference than pens just for opening slits.

Pre-made slits is an older technique which techniques like DHI and stick & place cause less harm to the grafts in general so basically all the top docs are using that now. @Portugal25 knows alot about these techniques and I think he have written alot about it.

Although there are some very good Drs using pre-made slits like Dr Bisanga, Hasson & Wong, Hattingen(which I assume you went to if you talking world renowned Drs) but I doubt anyone except Hasson & Wong would accept trying to implant this amount of grafts per cm2 as I have seen they written that they can implant as high as 80 grafts per cm2 in a single session.

Most Drs would never do it, because of high risk low reward, it is much easier to just do two sessions to lower the risk significantly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Regarding your pictures....looks good.  That pinkish area will fade over time. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Is this normal?  2 months 8 days, and tons of very thin baby hairs growing... but very thin:

9859EABF-2BEE-42C6-B9A0-665EB8DBD30C.thumb.jpeg.0b78832e0a50999d85e09e90d5f25b30.jpeg

keep in mind, this is all in transplanted area that had zero hairs (I was born with a higher hairline), so these are new hairs.

Are these the transplanted hairs that need to mature and get thicker or something else?

Edited by Fue3361
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Is this normal?  2 months 8 days, and tons of very thin baby hairs growing... but very thin:

9859EABF-2BEE-42C6-B9A0-665EB8DBD30C.thumb.jpeg.0b78832e0a50999d85e09e90d5f25b30.jpeg

keep in mind, this is all in transplanted area that had zero hairs (I was born with a higher hairline), so these are new hairs.

Are these the transplanted hairs that need to mature and get thicker or something else?

Yep. these are the transplanted hairs and they started sprouting. They will get thicker and darker in few months. You are an early grower and this also kind of proves that implanted hairs are minimally traumatized during the operation. 

Do you happen to have graft distribution? How many multiples and singles did you have? 

1 hour ago, Kaya said:

Yep. these are the transplanted hairs and they started sprouting. They will get thicker and darker in few months. You are an early grower and this also kind of proves that implanted hairs are minimally traumatized during the operation. 

Do you happen to have graft distribution? How many multiples and singles did you have? 

Don’t have a distribution per say, only the following:

3361 total grafts (hence my username)

7730 total hairs.

So average graft was of a bit over 2 per graft (2.29)

Glad that this is a good sign!

Edited by Fue3361

• Administrators

I don't believe that pre-made slits means you're not a top doctor. There are many top docs that do pre-made slits. Dr. Konior, Dr. Wong, Dr. Hasson they do pre-made slits. Techniques are only as good as the people doing them. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don't believe that pre-made slits means you're not a top doctor. There are many top docs that do pre-made slits. Dr. Konior, Dr. Wong, Dr. Hasson they do pre-made slits. Techniques are only as good as the people doing them. 

Just for clarification, there's a difference between pre-made slit techniques. Most clinics that use pre-made slits do all the incisions and then break while grafts are sorted. So the time between incision and implantation can be a couple hours or more. Using this technique, the surgeon uses larger incisions to account for the wounds closing before grafts are placed. There's also a pre-made slit technique (non implanter pen/DHI) called stick and place. After the grafts are trimmed and sorted the surgeon makes each individual incision with a graft immediately implanted. This reduces time between incision and implantation so the slits can be made to a more accurate size for each individual graft.  Dr. Konior uses this technique for example. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

I know it has only been 8 days since last update, but now 2.5 months in and seeing quite a bit more density popping in.

AD87DF92-4FA7-4743-8211-3A6FE74565E0.jpeg

AE0BEA13-F215-4A3B-B848-6A12EE2EF929.jpeg

Crazy what a difference there has been in the last 17 days (November 2nd post).

Edited by Fue3361

On 11/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, BDK081522 said:

Just for clarification, there's a difference between pre-made slit techniques. Most clinics that use pre-made slits do all the incisions and then break while grafts are sorted. So the time between incision and implantation can be a couple hours or more. Using this technique, the surgeon uses larger incisions to account for the wounds closing before grafts are placed. There's also a pre-made slit technique (non implanter pen/DHI) called stick and place. After the grafts are trimmed and sorted the surgeon makes each individual incision with a graft immediately implanted. This reduces time between incision and implantation so the slits can be made to a more accurate size for each individual graft.  Dr. Konior uses this technique for example. 

You know I never considered that🤔 Now that you say that my Doctor actually did the extraction , took a lunch break. After , he made so many incisions at a time then placed the grafts with the pen tool, then he would do another area of incisions and repeat. I think at the very end when they had a few grafts left they looked for areas to fill and used forceps. All I know is I can’t say for certain but if I look at pictures on the 10 day mark after and a year later shave my head it looks like most everything grew. That I can honestly say without a doubt. I would be the first one to say it if I thought I had poor growth. 

Time is going so slowly... 6 months can’t come fast enough.

Here’s 2 months 18 days, in natural sunlight:

2CC01A01-4915-440D-ADCC-FFD172A245C1.thumb.jpeg.02390dc20e7c970e5969336061aa0fd2.jpeg

new hairline and temporal region are starting to get more defined.  Any guesses for how many months until it looks like I’ve not has a transplant?