Most Detailed Dr. Resul Yaman Review You Will Ever See September 2021

digi23

I talked on FaceTime with Dr Yaman yesterday. 

He explained as to why I have not got any answer from them for so long that the old coordinator taking bookings, answering everything have left(which I already knew), and they recently got a new one speaking English, which is Ihsan.

So he said that he acknowledges that this needs to be fixed, he sees the issue and it should not have been planted so many multiple grafts ontop of my native hair in that area. He also said that some had wrong angles, he said it was difficult in that area because the angles changed so much. 

His solution he wanted to do was for free that I could come to Istanbul and he would spend a day with me on his own using manual punch to punch out the bad grafts, and put them behind the hairline. 

My solution I talked about was doing electrolysis with blend technique("needle laser") that can remove them one by one the thick ugly ones. He said that this was also a possible way to do it, but he did not want to waste the grafts.

I am leaning towards doing electrolysis to be honest, even though grafts are being wasted it is not an extreme amount of grafts. I can also get this done close to me and I dont need to go through surgery again just for the removing of these. Electrolysis is minimal scarring aswell, even though he uses a manual punch it will still be some scarring. 

Just a small update, Dr Yaman is a cool dude to be honest, I like him as a person, and he knows that I am pretty well educated on this so he likes to talk details and hair nerdy stuff. I still would say that it is a problem, he should be more involved himself in the whole procedure and things like this would not happen. He said that the tech who planted this had 6 years of experience as a tech, which to me is weird, to plant thick multiple grafts in the temple area into my already native hair with that many years of experience. I guess it can also be a problem that the techs do not have the proper tools for success, to use magnification which could also be a explanation. This business is all about results, so what he is as a humanbeing is not really important. If I had to go to someone who was a total idiot but did amazing work, who cares, I would still go.

I think theres a solution anyway in the end of the tunnel, I am leaning towards electrolysis.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 5

I'm glad you got to speak to him. He does seem like a good guy or at least when I dealt with him when I was there.  I have a place local to me in MN (Shapiro) who I'm sure does great work and he is well known. He quoted me a price of $17k for 1500 less grafts  Yaman was $3200 and after my flight etc we are probably talking closer to $4500.  I basically saved 12k or more.  So far I'm liking what I'm seeing but if it's not completely perfect it's still much worth the price difference in my opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, digi23 said:

I talked on FaceTime with Dr Yaman yesterday. 

He explained as to why I have not got any answer from them for so long that the old coordinator taking bookings, answering everything have left(which I already knew), and they recently got a new one speaking English, which is Ihsan.

So he said that he acknowledges that this needs to be fixed, he sees the issue and it should not have been planted so many multiple grafts ontop of my native hair in that area. He also said that some had wrong angles, he said it was difficult in that area because the angles changed so much. 

His solution he wanted to do was for free that I could come to Istanbul and he would spend a day with me on his own using manual punch to punch out the bad grafts, and put them behind the hairline. 

My solution I talked about was doing electrolysis with blend technique("needle laser") that can remove them one by one the thick ugly ones. He said that this was also a possible way to do it, but he did not want to waste the grafts.

I am leaning towards doing electrolysis to be honest, even though grafts are being wasted it is not an extreme amount of grafts. I can also get this done close to me and I dont need to go through surgery again just for the removing of these. Electrolysis is minimal scarring aswell, even though he uses a manual punch it will still be some scarring. 

Just a small update, Dr Yaman is a cool dude to be honest, I like him as a person, and he knows that I am pretty well educated on this so he likes to talk details and hair nerdy stuff. I still would say that it is a problem, he should be more involved himself in the whole procedure and things like this would not happen. He said that the tech who planted this had 6 years of experience as a tech, which to me is weird, to plant thick multiple grafts in the temple area into my already native hair with that many years of experience. I guess it can also be a problem that the techs do not have the proper tools for success, to use magnification which could also be a explanation. This business is all about results, so what he is as a humanbeing is not really important. If I had to go to someone who was a total idiot but did amazing work, who cares, I would still go.

I think theres a solution anyway in the end of the tunnel, I am leaning towards electrolysis.

Well I’m glad he’s taking ownership and accountability. That’s absolutely what we expect from our surgeons. That said, I understand your frustrations. I do believe there’s a solution that wouldn’t be too difficult. IMO removing the grafts with a small punch and replanting them would be the best. Scarring is not very visible with small punches. I had grafts removed from my side burns and they’re not visible. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, JoeMan said:

At least he acknowledged the issue and offered to fix it. Personally I would not trust him for the repair. Maybe ask for some money back for the electrolysis procedure? 

Yes he is a good dude, but that said the problem should not occur. I think in my situation he felt that my temples was so deep in and my forehead would have looked wide without filling them in, but it is a very difficult task to do temple work. I will see where to go from here and we will have contact and evaluate at 12 months.

55 minutes ago, SGT said:

I'm glad you got to speak to him. He does seem like a good guy or at least when I dealt with him when I was there.  I have a place local to me in MN (Shapiro) who I'm sure does great work and he is well known. He quoted me a price of $17k for 1500 less grafts  Yaman was $3200 and after my flight etc we are probably talking closer to $4500.  I basically saved 12k or more.  So far I'm liking what I'm seeing but if it's not completely perfect it's still much worth the price difference in my opinion.  

I agree, I also felt safe and well taken care off when I was there, I think if you just skip temple work you should be fine. If you care about not having doubles in the hairline maybe you should choose someone else, but not everyone is after perfection, just better hair.

38 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Well I’m glad he’s taking ownership and accountability. That’s absolutely what we expect from our surgeons. That said, I understand your frustrations. I do believe there’s a solution that wouldn’t be too difficult. IMO removing the grafts with a small punch and replanting them would be the best. Scarring is not very visible with small punches. I had grafts removed from my side burns and they’re not visible. 

Yes he is a sincere person from my impression and I am pretty good at reading people in the way they act. This thread is not about bashing anyone, I am just expressing my feelings. I am not mad or anything about this, I just need to fix it and thats it. Its good that we can be open and critique certain things without getting censored.

The other temple is looking much better, almost perfect I would say, this temple have a little bit different direction how the hair lays, it lays more just straight down so incisions need to be created with a different direction. The problem is also the tech who planted so many doubles and multis, there are even doubles and multis on the outer line. 

Yes I get it, it will probably be ok to have manual punch, but then I need to go one time to Istanbul for just punching out these grafts, then I need to have another touch up surgery, so 3 surgeries in total, 2 "repairs". I dont feel like thats an option I feel like doing. Its probably 2+ years before its done, I need to shave own each time and look like a wreck for months for something that can be done easily without any surgery with electrolysis.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What would you do in this case @DrMunibAhmad  @DrTBarghouthi

20220208_004107.jpg

20220208_004739.jpg

Edited by digi23

• Administrators
1 hour ago, digi23 said:

Yes he is a sincere person from my impression and I am pretty good at reading people in the way they act. This thread is not about bashing anyone, I am just expressing my feelings. I am not mad or anything about this, I just need to fix it and thats it. Its good that we can be open and critique certain things without getting censored.

The other temple is looking much better, almost perfect I would say, this temple have a little bit different direction how the hair lays, it lays more just straight down so incisions need to be created with a different direction. The problem is also the tech who planted so many doubles and multis, there are even doubles and multis on the outer line. 

Yes I get it, it will probably be ok to have manual punch, but then I need to go one time to Istanbul for just punching out these grafts, then I need to have another touch up surgery, so 3 surgeries in total, 2 "repairs". I dont feel like thats an option I feel like doing. Its probably 2+ years before its done, I need to shave own each time and look like a wreck for months for something that can be done easily without any surgery with electrolysis.

You can probably do both the removal and transplantation at once. You wouldn’t need to keep going back. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You can probably do both the removal and transplantation at once. You wouldn’t need to keep going back. 

The Drs I contact says that they first need to remove them because it is too many multi grafts and grafts in the wrong direction, so the punches will be everywhere and they want a clean canvas to plant on.

If money was not an issue would you still consider Dr. Yaman for a repair? Be very careful about revisiting a doctor when you are unhappy with the results the 1st go around. 

It's nice Dr. Yaman accepted responsibility and gave an explanation, but this is the bare minimum I would expect from anyone. I would not give him brownie points for giving an explanation on the poor work. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

If money was not an issue would you still consider Dr. Yaman for a repair? Be very careful about revisiting a doctor when you are unhappy with the results the 1st go around. 

It's nice Dr. Yaman accepted responsibility and gave an explanation, but this is the bare minimum I would expect from anyone. I would not give him brownie points for giving an explanation on the poor work. 

No I am not considering him for a repair. I dont care about money in this case, just need it to be solved. What I am considering is to maybe punch out these grafts and replace them, but I dont think I am up for that long process.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

couple of things, glad the Dr is communicating and listening to your concerns that speaks volumes, also I know the deed is already done but I didn't think you needed work on the peaks, temples yes close up a bit but you had solid peaks....either way looks like you are being proactive and already planning next steps, check out @MachoVatoi think he went with bisanga and they did some peak work and it looks soft and natural if he is a Dr you are considering, lastly hang in there it will all turn out just great

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

couple of things, glad the Dr is communicating and listening to your concerns that speaks volumes, also I know the deed is already done but I didn't think you needed work on the peaks, temples yes close up a bit but you had solid peaks....either way looks like you are being proactive and already planning next steps, check out @MachoVatoi think he went with bisanga and they did some peak work and it looks soft and natural if he is a Dr you are considering, lastly hang in there it will all turn out just great

Yes he have really nice temple peaks indeed. Not sure how it would have looked without doing the peaks and its too late now anyways so better focus on what I can do forward. Yes I try to keep a positive attitude, I got really sad a week ago or so when I started to see that this is not going to be good at this side, I would have taken poor growth over this but I have realised it is not going to make it any easier to be negative and feel guilty.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Yes he have really nice temple peaks indeed. Not sure how it would have looked without doing the peaks and its too late now anyways so better focus on what I can do forward. Yes I try to keep a positive attitude, I got really sad a week ago or so when I started to see that this is not going to be good at this side, I would have taken poor growth over this but I have realised it is not going to make it any easier to be negative and feel guilty.

Cheer up mate, it'll get sorted and I don't think it will be a huge deal to fix in the end once the final result is in. It's almost a rite of passage amongst people who get a HT and actually care about the results to end up with something they're not completely happy with or that went a bit wrong the first time around. 

For now, maybe just adopt a new hairstyle a bit longer on the sides until the time comes to sort the temples out, then maybe you can remove some via electrolysis and some via punch out so that things can be done in one go? My personal view on temple points recreated via hair transplants is that they should be implanted very feathered and sparsely with low density anyway, so it seems plausible that a few hundred singles (if that) either side could be put in at the same time a few hundred are punched out. But either way, it's a very fixable situation so don't be too hard on yourself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, digi23 said:

What would you do in this case @DrMunibAhmad  @DrTBarghouthi

20220208_004107.jpg

20220208_004739.jpg

This area is quite sensitive and prone to scarring and redness etc. i would punch out only few to see how your skin responds. If things are favourable you can punch out more. If not or if the punching will be quite dense, you can combine electrolysis or laser removal to reduce the density and eventually some touch ups to have finer looking temple points.  Takes some time but you will get there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

4 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

This area is quite sensitive and prone to scarring and redness etc. i would punch out only few to see how your skin responds. If things are favourable you can punch out more. If not or if the punching will be quite dense, you can combine electrolysis or laser removal to reduce the density and eventually some touch ups to have finer looking temple points.  Takes some time but you will get there. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer, it means alot with the experience you have to say your opinion.

Edited by digi23

5 hours ago, digi23 said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer, it means alot with the experience you have to say your opinion.

You are most welcome sir.

• Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

I can document my removal of the bad grafts in here. We removed about 65 grafts the first session, it is so many grafts so they need to be removed in many sessions. I am doing it with Electrolysis with the blend method, a form of laser removal which is using a needle to kill them one by one.

273494351_496933295411973_8744939787256633305_n.jpg

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

I understand where you're coming from as far as critiquing the outcome by a board certified surgeon and his clinic, but we're looking at photos of a high resolution camera with full exposure from less than an inch from the subject. No one on earth is ever going to examine your hair in this manner except for you. If you had a hair transplant surgery with the expectation that it would perfectly replicate your natural hair, then that is pretty misguided. How does this look from 2ft in sunlight, from 2ft in overhead light, or from the more likely 4 ft? By all means, strive for perfection and have the issue fixed by someone else, but the narrative in this thread is that you're clearly very upset by this when you probably should be ecstatic at your new hair that is likely going to look phenomenal in 2 months. ALSO, you argue that you "always have a fade" so having this temple issue isn't acceptable. I would counter that by saying you probably only had a high fade because with temple recession like yours, a high fade creates an illusion the receding area is more of a feature of your temple points and not temple recession. The reality is that once your new hairline matures, you will have the freedom to try an infinite number of hair styles that won't require a 2mm high fade that you'll be equally excited about. 

Anyway, good luck with everything! I think it's coming along very nicely for being at 5 months. Almost all of the results here show a TON of growth from months 5-7.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, slim999 said:

I booked my flight tickets to Turkey. My first choice is still Dr. Yaman. The second choice I am not sure. 

thats your choice and should be respected ...this is just someones experience with this dr...also I took a look at your case, thats a lot of area to cover, you should look into Eugenix in India, lastly . choosing a Dr. solely on price is a bad idea, ask anyone and will tell you the same. good luck 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:29 PM, CasuallyCopacetic said:

I understand where you're coming from as far as critiquing the outcome by a board certified surgeon and his clinic, but we're looking at photos of a high resolution camera with full exposure from less than an inch from the subject. No one on earth is ever going to examine your hair in this manner except for you. If you had a hair transplant surgery with the expectation that it would perfectly replicate your natural hair, then that is pretty misguided. How does this look from 2ft in sunlight, from 2ft in overhead light, or from the more likely 4 ft? By all means, strive for perfection and have the issue fixed by someone else, but the narrative in this thread is that you're clearly very upset by this when you probably should be ecstatic at your new hair that is likely going to look phenomenal in 2 months. ALSO, you argue that you "always have a fade" so having this temple issue isn't acceptable. I would counter that by saying you probably only had a high fade because with temple recession like yours, a high fade creates an illusion the receding area is more of a feature of your temple points and not temple recession. The reality is that once your new hairline matures, you will have the freedom to try an infinite number of hair styles that won't require a 2mm high fade that you'll be equally excited about. 

Anyway, good luck with everything! I think it's coming along very nicely for being at 5 months. Almost all of the results here show a TON of growth from months 5-7.

Not sure if you looked through the thread at all or just the latest photos? 

This is a mistake and has been acknowledged by the Dr himself, this was wrongdoing on their part, the temple points should be fine single and some double grafts, they transplanted only thick multiples and it looks very obvious even grown out.

Yes I will do a lower fade, I just need to remove some of these grafts to make it look more equal to my own existing hair in the temple area, and no I am not looking for perfection as I stated early in this thread.

The yield I think looks pretty good for a little bit over 5 months, so I dont really worry about that.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1