Most Detailed Dr. Resul Yaman Review You Will Ever See September 2021

digi23

Hi everyone! 

First of all I want to say thank you, with this forum I have found out alot of details about whats important when looking for a HT, otherwise I would probably just have chosen a hair mill for the cheapest price.

As the topic says, I have decided on Dr Resul Yaman for approx 2500 grafts in early September. I will try to do this review as detailed as it can be, from arriving in Istanbul and get picked up by the driver, the hotel, the staff, Dr Resul Yaman himself and more.. Would love your input what you want me to cover. The plan is to do weekly updates with photos. 

Currently I am not on any medications as my hair pretty much looked the same for the past 5 years. I am 27 years old today. I am born with the temples being abit like this but in my 20s they became a little bit bigger.

Lets start off with before photos. First my hair in dry condition and then my hair in wet condition.

My Post (66).jpg

My Post (64).jpg

InkedMy Post (69)_LI.jpg

My Post (68).jpg

Edited by digimon2323
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Looking forward to your review 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:54 AM, JohnAC71 said:

@digimon2323looking forward to this one ☝️ 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:20 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looking forward to your review 👏🏼

What do you guys think, do I have very fine hair? I am reading/watching alot with fine hair, but I dont really know what I am. I dont know if you could tell based on the photos. Making me abit nervous, some saying its not even worth doing a HT with fine hair.

Edited by digimon2323

Yeah, it looks like you have fine-ish hair. I don't know about 'very fine', possibly, but certainly looks to be somewhat on the finer side. My hair is darker, but looks fairly similar to yours both in terms of thickness and degree of hair-loss.

You can still do a transplant just fine, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Yes, hair calibre is an important aspect of a HT. Essentially, the thicker the hair, the more coverage can be achieved with a lesser amount of grafts. However, especially with your not so severe level of loss, it's not so big of a deal. A good surgeon will know how to account for your calibre, and there are countless cases of finer haired guys having stellar results. It just means you may overall have less grafts available to adequately cover a large area in the long run compared to someone with thicker hair, but you can still have a top notch result with no problems.

Really though, you should have seen results from Yaman on hair types similar to yourself that have made you want to go with him. Why did you chose him if I may ask? 

I haven't seen that many results from the guy, so I really cannot comment too much, but I would not go to him myself... I have seen some poor ones, and If I recall correctly, I remember seeing a case on the Spanish forum in which the Dr. I have chosen to carry out my procedure actually fixed a Yaman patient's poor result... I wouldn't say it was a 'repair'; just a very poor result that didn't grow very well at all. But either way, not ideal. I would honestly reconsider if I was you, but that's just my 2 cents.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, looks like you have fine-ish hair. Don't know about 'very fine', possibly, but certainly looks to be somewhat on the finer side. My hair is darker, but looks fairly similar to yours both in terms of thickness and degree of hair-loss.

You can still do a transplant just fine, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Yes, hair calibre is an important aspect of a HT. Essentially, the thicker the hair, the more coverage can be achieved with a lesser amount of grafts. However, especially with your not so severe level of loss, it's not so big of a deal. A good surgeon will know how to account for your calibre, and there are countless cases of finer haired guys having stellar results. It just means you may overall have less grafts available to adequately cover a large area in the long run compared to someone with thicker hair, but you can still have a top notch result with no problems.

Really though, you should have seen results from Yaman on hair types similar to yourself that have made you want to go with him. Why did you chose him if I may ask? 

I have seen some good results from him with patients with not so dense hair(I am not really able to tell if their hair is thicker than mine or not). I was deciding with him or Demirsoy, they are about the same I felt like, since these two are in my price range. I am just looking to get better hair, I am not looking for perfection. I took some photos of 1 hair of mine and measure the difference with a sewing thread. 

IMG_20210718_022610.jpg

IMG_20210718_022818.jpg

Edited by digimon2323

No, fair enough, not trying to convince you to do or not do anything; if you've done your research and looked into his results, his practices etc and have come to the conclusion that he's a good fit for you, then fair enough. Was just offering a word of caution.

Yeah, your hair is fairly fine in calibre, but it's not that big of a deal. You can still have a HT. I suggest you reach out to your doc if you're booked in now, he should be able to answer your questions and put your concerns to rest, otherwise he shouldn't be accepting you in the first place.

But in general, just look at various results online. You'll see many of people with similar looking hair to yourself with similar loss and good results.

16 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

No, fair enough, not trying to convince you to do or not do anything; if you've done your research and looked into his results, his practices etc and have come to the conclusion that he's a good fit for you, then fair enough. Was just offering a word of caution.

Yeah, your hair is fairly fine in calibre, but it's not that big of a deal. You can still have a HT. I suggest you reach out to your doc if you're booked in now, he should be able to answer your questions and put your concerns to rest, otherwise he shouldn't be accepting you in the first place.

But in general, just look at various results online. You'll see many of people with similar looking hair to yourself with similar loss and good results.

If you checkout this thread, this guy seem to me to have about the same problem and the same type of hair? Maybe he does even have thinner hair than me. A result like this I would be perfectly happy with, I am just looking to get out of using a cap all the time since I just hate my hair and I would never go out without one.

It seems though that people with fine hair needs to do multiple surgeries for density since its not possible for any physician to get any more than a maximum of about 50 grafts / cm2 in a single HT without risking potential disaster if I understand it correctly.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/55746-dr-resul-yaman-hair-clinic-2150-grafts-result/?tab=comments#comment-527175

Edited by digimon2323

Meh, I'd say he is in a worse starting position than you are. Yeah, hair type is fine, maybe finer than yours yes. Who knows. You can certainly achieve a result like that with one surgery, but I would aim a little higher (not saying it's a bad result by any means, and I'm not sure if it's the haircut making it look worse, but It's not as dense as I would be happy with and I'd have to do a 2nd pass personally).

It depends. Generally, I would say you don't 'need' multiple just because you have fine hair, no. As I say, a good surgeon should be able to create a good result with one pass, fine hair or not, especially if we're talking a 'smaller' session like yours with not severe loss. Of course, there are lots of times where another pass is needed, and most elite surgeons will tell you before that they think you'll be happy with the one surgery for this sort of hairline session, but that there is a chance you may need a 'touch up' after 12 months. But generally, as long as you accept Its not going to be native density and will be somewhat see through in harsh, wet conditions etc, then you should be good with the one (with the right surgeon). 

Here is what I would expect (in a result from a case actually a fair bit more severe than yours in terms of loss/grafts required but probably similar hair calibre, and something I would myself be happy with) in just one pass. https://www.recuperartupelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=304

2 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Meh, I'd say he is in a worse starting position than you are. Yeah, hair type is fine, maybe finer than yours yes. Who knows. You can certainly achieve a result like that with one surgery, but I would aim a little higher (not saying it's a bad result by any means, and I'm not sure if it's the haircut making it look worse, but It's not as dense as I would be happy with and I'd have to do a 2nd pass personally).

It depends. Generally, I would say you don't 'need' multiple just because you have fine hair, no. As I say, a good surgeon should be able to create a good result with one pass, fine hair or not, especially if we're talking a 'smaller' session like yours with not severe loss. Of course, there are lots of times where another pass is needed, and most elite surgeons will tell you before that they think you'll be happy with the one surgery for this sort of hairline session, but that there is a chance you may need a 'touch up' after 12 months. But generally, as long as you accept Its not going to be native density and will be somewhat see through in harsh, wet conditions etc, then you should be good with the one (with the right surgeon). 

Here is what I would expect (in a result from a case actually a fair bit more severe than yours in terms of loss/grafts required but probably similar hair calibre, and something I would myself be happy with) in just one pass. https://www.recuperartupelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=304

Yea your example looks amazing, I would be extremely happy with that result. Hopefully I can get that or something in between that and my example and I would be ecstatic. I have asked the Dr about my type of hair and what he thinks.

14 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Based on my photos he said this

219190862_351220479985882_8125436815858983993_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to tell that your hairloss have stopped? I am looking through old photos, this is from when I was about 20, today I am turning 27 soon.

To me it looks like I have not lost any hair at all since 7 years, is there any reason to get on finasteride anyway?

11830750_10152967230551937_202212440_n (1).jpg

Edited by digimon2323

• 2 weeks later...

I decided a few days ago to trim my hair to 6mm to see if i have any thinning elsewhere, its getting closer and I did not see the point going to the barber with just a few weeks left. Counting the days now! I put some photos up here to keep like a "diary" to see where I am today and hopefully a good journey ahead.

IMG_20210818_015326-removebg-preview.png

IMG_20210818_015345-removebg-preview.png

Edited by digimon2323

• Administrators
1 hour ago, digimon2323 said:

I decided a few days ago to trim my hair to 6mm to see if i have any thinning elsewhere, its getting closer and I did not see the point going to the barber with just a few weeks left. Counting the days now! I put some photos up here to keep like a "diary" to see where I am today and hopefully a good journey ahead.

IMG_20210818_015326.jpg

IMG_20210818_015345.jpg

Everything looks strong, just hairline recession. Whats your hair loss preventive protocol?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Everything looks strong, just hairline recession. Whats your hair loss preventive protocol?

Thanks for the answer.

With "preventive protocol" I guess you mean what I will do in the future to not lose hair?

At the moment I have never touched anything like Minoxidil or Finasteride, but as I said also in the beginning I dont really know if I lose any hair to begin with, you can see my photo upstairs before my latest post, there I was 20 years old and had the same recession.

Since then I have not really cared at all about my hair, using a hat all the time, washing my hair with head and shoulders is basically what I do. But the recent years I have really been thinking about a hair transplant because I dont like wearing a hat all the time.

Is there any point taking Finasteride for example if you are not losing hair? 

Edited by digimon2323

Just wanted to drop in and leave a comment about Dr. Yaman, 

Don't listen to the nay sayers bro, There is always going to be someone that fear mongers when it comes to a hair transplant.

Speaking from experience you will be in fantastic hands with Dr. Yaman. 

I got my Hair transplant from him on April 26th (3500 grafts) and am coming up on the 4th month post recovery. 

My hair looks amazing bro, and I am so happy that I went with Dr. Yaman! The man is an artist of his craft.

One word of advice when youre in Istanbul, Check out the Hagia Sophia Temple, Its incredible!

Best of luck on your hair adventure bro!

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 12:04 AM, Mr. Oberholtzer said:

Just wanted to drop in and leave a comment about Dr. Yaman, 

Don't listen to the nay sayers bro, There is always going to be someone that fear mongers when it comes to a hair transplant.

Speaking from experience you will be in fantastic hands with Dr. Yaman. 

I got my Hair transplant from him on April 26th (3500 grafts) and am coming up on the 4th month post recovery. 

My hair looks amazing bro, and I am so happy that I went with Dr. Yaman! The man is an artist of his craft.

One word of advice when youre in Istanbul, Check out the Hagia Sophia Temple, Its incredible!

Best of luck on your hair adventure bro!

Thanks for this friend. It is getting closer, just a little more than 1 week before I go, starting to get a little bit nervous so I appreciate your post. 

Can you give any info about getting picked up, drive to the hotel, how is the hotel, how the the staff at the clinic is, painful anesthesia?

Yaman Cerrahi Tıp Merkezi as it is called seem to have some ups and downs in reviews, but it is a big plastic surgery center it seems, they do everything there and alot of Drs working from there.

Edited by digimon2323

• 3 weeks later...

That is indeed some serious temple work! Looks good man, you'll be a nw1 in no time with that hairline, I'll be keeping an eye on your thread.

What was your graft count - looks like a bit more than 2500 in the end?

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Wow, that's a lot of work on the temple peaks! The work looks nice and clean.

Keep us updated with pics and happy growing!

Thanks! Will post new photos tomorrow of donor area and recipient area.

6 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

That is indeed some serious temple work! Looks good man, you'll be a nw1 in no time with that hairline, I'll be keeping an eye on your thread.

What was your graft count - looks like a bit more than 2500 in the end?

Thanks! Hoping for a good result, everything went great. It was 2550 grafts, I will write detailed version of every step tomorrow, sorry I am too tired and dizzy at the moment just need to relax some.

So I will go through the process and tell you everything. 

Step 1: Got picked up at the airport by the nicest driver, very friendly guy. 

Step 2: He drove me to the hotel, I arrived late so blood work was done the day of the transplant instead of the usual the day before.

Step 3: Got into the hotel, a very nice 5 star hotel with room service which was very useful after the transplant and everything you need basically. 

Step 4: Got breakfast which was really nice one at the hotel, the driver was there to pick me up by the door outside, this was another driver, also very friendly guy. He drove me to the clinic.

Step 5: Clinc & the transplantation, so I arrived at the clinic and got to meet the Dr, the girl in the reception and Fikret which I had been in touch with planning the transplant. 

Step 6: The Dr did some checks on my hair, he was using some instrument which could see the follicles and their health. So as I previously said I have not been losing any hair for the past 7 years, he checked the donor area and said it was excellent, the top of my head he said was in good health and that I should not lose anymore hair there as it looks for now. He then measured my hair to be 0,45mm thick which is between thin and medium hair thickness. Thick enough for a good result he said, because they were going to make it very dense. Also I was asking what density my native hair had in the donor and he measured it to be about 65 grafts/cm2. So then he drew a temporary hairline which I agreed looked good, I did not want any unnatural hairline very low, I told him I want maximum density and we agreed. He calculated by measuring the empty spots for it to be 2475 grafts. Also for the grafts/cm2 for the transplanted hair it was said its going to be a little bit lower than my native hair, I think he said about 45 grafts/cm2 but with longer hair you should not notice because of "illusion of density".

Step 7: Proceeeding to get my blood work done by a cute girl who did possibly the best blood test I have ever done, she inserted the needle on the outer part of the arm instead of the usual innerside. Worked excellent, I hate blood work to be honest so this was great. The receptionist at the clinic was following me through these steps and she spoke very good english and was funny. 

Step 8: Draw the real hairline, which was done pretty fast since Dr Resul Yaman had before done a temporary line, he just made it more "perfect" the drawing on the skin and so he knows where to put the inicisions. 

Step 9: Local anestesia, so first Resul did some stapling which was "needle free" which to me hurt just as bad and I felt it was pretty bad also, it did not get very numb, then they did the real anestesia with needle and this was very painful, but as I am very afraid of needles and hate it it worked out pretty well anyways.

Step 10: Incisions, Dr Resul Yaman started to do the incisions and it felt nothing, just some weird noise in the skin. He also did some PRP.

Step 11: Extraction, the tech of Mohamed Yaman did almost all extractions with micromotor 0.8mm he said he used. He was very friendly and wanted to talk although he did not speak the greatest english we understood eachother perfectly fine. About when maybe 80% was done, Ufuk Yaman entered aswell and help him to pick up the hairs with some sort of tool. When they did maybe 50% themselves the other tech team which was going to do the implantation did come in and took over removing the grafts with the tool. This was pretty quick once they were punched out and I think up to 3 persons was working on my head.

Step 12: Lunch, so I got some lunch which was really good, some chicken with rice and some sweet stuff that was supposed to be good to get my blood sugar up.

Step 13: Implantation, they started again by giving me anestesia which was very unpleasant but pretty quickly until it was all numb again. Then they started to do the implantation, 2 techs, 1 guy and 1 girl, also another girl was in the room looking/helping the techs. She also gave me some serum which was supposed to be pain killer and antiseptic they gave me in the arm. During the implantation I felt nothing, it took pretty long time but its a very important step of course and they were good with me. 

Step 14: Extraction of another 150 grafts. So in the end of implantation they told me they needed some more grafts as they thought they could get some more grafts in there to get a even denser look as that was the point of it all. At this point I was really tired to I had to lay face down again and it felt like it took forever even though it probably took maybe 10-15 minutes and I am pretty sure it was done by the tech guy, not Ufuk or Mohamed Yaman.

Step 15: Another round of implantation with the newly extracted grafts. I dont really know if the incisions were made for these new grafts by the techs or if they counted wrong the first time around, maybe they did new holes for these they did not tell me alot. They just show me some spots that could be denser and they wanted to put more grafts. They were supposed to take 2475 grafts but they said they need 150 more so 2475+150 should be 2625, when I counted each micromotor punch from the "another 150 grafts needed" I got it to be just over 200. Total amount said on paper was 2550 grafts.

Step 16: I was cleaned abit and they check everything how it looks. Then they applied some antiseptic in the donor area and put bandage over, usually if they dont do temple work you are getting a headband.

Step 17: Back to the clinic in the morning after the procedure to get cleaned again and they remove the bandage on the back of my head. They put some more antiseptic on the back of my head. I was given some multivitamins and some more guidance about detailed post procedure routines as Fikret already told me everything the day before and you also get a paper with all the details you need to know. 

Dr involvement for me was pretty good, Dr Yaman was after he did the incisions, he was there basically once every hour or so and he was very professional and I felt safe the whole procedure with him coming in once in a while as always he was very respectful saying the right things. The only thing I think he left earlier before my operation was finished because he was in for a last time to examine when about 90% was done, then when we were done maybe 1 hour after the last check and went out he was not there and he did not come in in the end to examine. 

Something worth mentioning is that I think the team is very professional especially Dr Yaman, Fikret and Ufuk Yaman & Mohamed Yaman which did the extraction. The girl in the reception is very friendly and likes to speak to the customers. I felt like the tech team who did implantation was a little more just get it done type, the girl who did implantation was nice but the guy like push my head a couple times pretty hard when I was all tired and just tried to lay as good as possible, I think his name was Öguz but I do not remember last name as it was written on his shirt. 

Another thing is that usually in my country when you do something the Dr/Nurse is always telling you what is happening, they did not tell me anything while they just started all the phases, would be good if they could maybe tell you now we start with anestesia, now we start with extraction,  just a little bit left and you are good. Dr Yaman however did this, he told me as he was about to go into the next step. But maybe this is just because they are afraid to speak english, the only one with really good english is the receptionist and Fikret.

A little bible but this is pretty much the whole process.

Edited by digimon2323
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What do you guys think about the work especially the extraction? Many of you have bigger experience and better eyes than me to tell if I am about to win or no. This was 2550 grafts. 0.8mm micromotor punch used and my hair thickness of 0,45mm.

@Melvin- Moderator @JohnAC71 @JDEE0 @MachoVato @Mr. Oberholtzer @Egy

My Post - 2021-09-10T201053.282.jpg

Foto från Pontus (5).jpg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed photos showing face