Most Detailed Dr. Resul Yaman Review You Will Ever See September 2021

digi23

2 hours ago, BboyLimpin said:

Wow thanks for doing that and answering.

Did you have to give any reminder or specific instructions with regards to temple rebuilding? Either in the consult or even during the process?

Unfortunaly I was not educated like I am today how difficult temple restoration is. I just trusted the Dr with the design.

This is a problem because they are transplanted with thicker grafts 3s and 4s. We will see how long I need to have my hair grown out for it to not be noticeable.

I am pretty much set on another procedure though with Dr Bruno Pinto to fix this issue.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, digi23 said:

Unfortunaly I was not educated like I am today how difficult temple restoration is. I just trusted the Dr with the design.

This is a problem because they are transplanted with thicker grafts 3s and 4s. We will see how long I need to have my hair grown out for it to not be noticeable.

I am pretty much set on another procedure though with Dr Bruno Pinto to fix this issue.

Are you not happy with Dr. Yaman's result?

I want to make sure I'm doing the right choice, if I decide to go to Dr. Yaman this year. I don't mind saving up an extra 2k$ to go to another spot. 

5 minutes ago, justbelieves said:

Are you not happy with Dr. Yaman's result?

I want to make sure I'm doing the right choice, if I decide to go to Dr. Yaman this year. I don't mind saving up an extra 2k$ to go to another spot. 

Its too early to tell, I will post a 5 month update tomorrow, need to atleast wait 8 months to see how it will look then. 

20 weeks, 5 months~  harsh light

What do you guys think? Personally I think its lagging abit behind the normal timeline.

I will update every 2 weeks now, to try to keep my sanity. 😁

20220126_162445.jpg

20220126_162441.jpg

20220126_162437.jpg

20220126_162432.jpg

20220126_162427.jpg

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

correct me if I am wrong but I had mine 2 days before yours and I'm not at 5 months (21.7 weeks) yet lol ? so how is it 5 months for you haha.....but as far as progress at 5 months (technically not 5 yet lol) its still pretty early I would say and looks like some more hair are due to sprout any time

19 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

correct me if I am wrong but I had mine 2 days before yours and I'm not at 5 months (21.7 weeks) yet lol ? so how is it 5 months for you haha.....but as far as progress at 5 months (technically not 5 yet lol) its still pretty early I would say and looks like some more hair are due to sprout any time

I am counting 4 weeks as 1 month. So 20 weeks is ~5 months. 

If you want to be absolute correct its 5 months on 21,5 weeks.

I guess I could just write weeks instead only. 😁

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, digi23 said:

Looking at it so far, I think all of it, including the temples will grow nicely. Did they put singles at the front of the temples.....then the multigrafts behind then?

How much does Dr. Pinto charge per graft?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BboyLimpin said:

Looking at it so far, I think all of it, including the temples will grow nicely. Did they put singles at the front of the temples.....then the multigrafts behind then?

How much does Dr. Pinto charge per graft?

Dr Pinto is charging 2.5 euro per graft.

They put alot of doubles and multiples in the temples thats why it does not look natural.

Edited by digi23
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

We are our own worst critics. I think it's growing in nicely. Is it perfect yet? No, will it be perfect? Probably not. But I think as the hair grows in more and matures it should be a pretty big difference. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:08 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

We are our own worst critics. I think it's growing in nicely. Is it perfect yet? No, will it be perfect? Probably not. But I think as the hair grows in more and matures it should be a pretty big difference. 

Yeah I just hope it will be decent, I am pretty much set on a repair job in November or December 2022 with Dr Bruno Pinto to FUE out all the doubles and multiples in the hairline(which is many), add density and do something about the temples which looks really unnatural. 

20 weeks is WAY to early to call anything though, this should be 20-30% of growth in a "normal" timeline and some are late growers. If this was 8 months yes I would be very dissapointed considering this is probably around 10 grafts per cm2 or so. The next months will be fun to watch, hopefully it will thicken up and I dont need a cap to hide under during the summer. :)

Hair Transplant Timeline, What % Of Grafts Sprout By... | HairLossTalk  Forums

Edited by digi23

Hi mate,

just wanted to post and say don't jump the gun too early and think at this point you will need a repair job or anything, I actually think it's looking pretty good man, although I of course understand the creeping doubts that inevitably set in as the weeks and months go by and you might not quite be where you hoped you would be right now (with a full head of early growth hair haha).

Either way, you've got a while to go still man, like I say, don't worry too much just yet, I actually think you're on track and will be pretty happy with things by the 7-8 month mark for the most part. Maybe you won't have the exact refinement in certain areas that I can see you now appreciate at this point after spending a lot of time on the forum and becoming a bit of a HT nerd yourself, (i.e. if you're not completely happy with the temporal points blending in to the native hair exactly as you would wish etc) but that can always be addressed in the near future (if it is needed in the end, as you have said).

Month 5 is early days and things are coming along nicely, give it another couple of months and I'm confident things will be even better.

Edited by JDEE0

23 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Hi mate,

just wanted to post and say don't jump the gun too early and think at this point you will need a repair job or anything, I actually think it's looking pretty good man, although I of course understand the creeping doubts that inevitably set in as the weeks and months go by and you might not quite be where you hoped you would be right now (with a full head of early growth hair haha).

Either way, you've got a while to go still man, like I say, don't worry too much just yet, I actually think you're on track and will be pretty happy with things by the 7-8 month mark for the most part. Maybe you won't have the exact refinement in certain areas that I can see you now appreciate at this point after spending a lot of time on the forum and becoming a bit of a HT nerd yourself, (i.e. if you're not completely happy with the temporal points blending in to the native hair exactly as you would wish etc) but that can always be addressed in the near future (if it is needed in the end, as you have said).

Month 5 is early days and things are coming along nicely, give it another couple of months and I'm confident things will be even better.

Yes I need to wait it out and see how I feel about it at say month 10, it was also then Dr Pinto would evaluate my case, because it is too early now although the rep answered me that he understood what I meant with the temples. Then the surgery can be done at month 12 after my first transplant.

The problem is that I always wear my hair with a fade, I think I need too long hair on the sides for my personal liking and Dr Yaman did do the temples quite low, even though I had hair lower in the temples, not sure why he did go so deep into the temples and I guess its more up to the implantation tech team about placing ONLY doubles and multiples in the temples. Thats like not knowing ANYTHING about temple point restoration.

I wonder sometimes if they even sort the grafts at all? I have many doubles in the hairline, some multiples aswell. Feels like they just take whatever graft and place them wherever.

Thanks though for your encouraging words.

Edited by digi23

Detailed photos on the temples, will need to FUE out most of the temples because they mostly implanted doubles and multis. Sad stuff really. The hairline consists of many doubles and some multiples aswell, sloppy work. I have written to them twice in 5 months, no answers both times. I am writing nicely just to ask if I could get my full graft breakdown.

20220115_110231.jpg

20220115_110208.jpg

Edited by digi23

13 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Detailed photos on the temples, will need to FUE out most of the temples because they mostly implanted doubles and multis. Sad stuff really. The hairline consists of many doubles and some multiples aswell, sloppy work. I have written to them twice in 5 months, no answers both times. I am writing nicely just to ask if I could get my full graft breakdown.

20220115_110231.jpg

20220115_110208.jpg

your post helped inform me thank you. I was going to go with Dr. Yaman but after seeing your post I thought it would be worth to invest the extra money and go with Dr. Bicer.

• Like 1

Hi digi23,

I am looking to be booked in with dr Yaman in a few weeks myself, would you mind answering a few questions please?

Did you have the needle free pre-anaesthesia? I also noticed quite a few places in turkey require a cannula kept in for the duration of the transplant and they use IV antibiotics, was this used in your case? 

Thanks

5 hours ago, Egy said:

To be honest, I have never been a fan of Yaman, he too, like Cinik, has good results, but also not, but he is recommended on an important forum like HRN.

Yeah they seem to be about the same quality wise. Its difficult for newcomers, when hes recommended by some people here and also recommended on this site in general to make a good decision, I mean the list of recommended Drs for Europe you have only more expensive options like De Freitas, Feriduni, Bisanga, Mwamba etc. Then all of a sudden you have someone like Dr Yaman who is charging the same prices as hair mills but is supposed to be "so much better" than them. 

The techs is not using magnification which I think its the answer why there are so many doubles and multiples. The extraction guy might be using magnification to not overharvest, but its quite crucial for good implantation to use it aswell to be able to sort out the grafts. If you have some 5 doubles or so it can just be a mistake, but if you have half of your grafts in the front line being doubles, some multiples and the whole temple points doubles and multiples, then its just that they only place whatever.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

Growth and succes rate seems good! In ypur case i think those multis won't be noticable in hairline if ypu don't style your hair backwards....but still yeah singles in a hairline are crucial for natural look.

Yeah for temple points he could use finer hairs from donor area closer to the neck. Dr.Ferreira used them for my first row hairline.....but even to him one double slipped to hairline which is no problem at all, i like it, like a signature from an artist :).  All other grafts seems perfect (at least for now) in hairline since techs were separating them under the microscopes.

3 hours ago, Froobage said:

Hi digi23,

I am looking to be booked in with dr Yaman in a few weeks myself, would you mind answering a few questions please?

Did you have the needle free pre-anaesthesia? I also noticed quite a few places in turkey require a cannula kept in for the duration of the transplant and they use IV antibiotics, was this used in your case? 

Thanks

Everyone has "needle-free" anaesthesia there I believe. Its the standard option. It hurts lika bit.. They could well just use a needle in the first place because it does not really numb you alot either. 

I did have a cannula yes, they injected me with antibiotics through my vein in the end of the surgery.

These are not big deals, you will get over them fine.

1 hour ago, Spaceguy said:

Growth and succes rate seems good! In ypur case i think those multis won't be noticable in hairline if ypu don't style your hair backwards....but still yeah singles in a hairline are crucial for natural look.

Yeah for temple points he could use finer hairs from donor area closer to the neck. Dr.Ferreira used them for my first row hairline.....but even to him one double slipped to hairline which is no problem at all, i like it, like a signature from an artist :).  All other grafts seems perfect (at least for now) in hairline since techs were separating them under the microscopes.

The growth is decent at this stage, only 5 months so should not expect a full result yet. I have seen better, I have seen worse. 

There is not a problem with a few doubles for me neither, but if you have doubles everywhere and even some multiples it will be pretty noticeable and not look natural. 

Dr Ferreira is a great Dr, I am looking to him or his fellow portuguese Dr Bruno Pinto in my next surgery.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1