Most Detailed Dr. Resul Yaman Review You Will Ever See September 2021

digi23

3 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I can’t stress enough how important microscopes are. I did this trial/experiment  once with the technicians where one was using loupes or the naked eye to sort out (singles) and then those singles were checked over under the microscope. You won’t believe the number of doubles detected. Microscopes are crucial!

How long does it take to sort 2550 grafts out with microscopes? Longer than 10-15 minutes?

I did not see any microscope in the operation room, the room is very small aswell, it does not even have a place for a microscope I would think. 

1 hour ago, digi23 said:

How long does it take to sort 2550 grafts out with microscopes? Longer than 10-15 minutes?

I did not see any microscope in the operation room, the room is very small aswell, it does not even have a place for a microscope I would think. 

This number to sort out into singles and doubles and triples etc takes few hours of a dedicated technician doing it. If they need to trim singles to make more of them in cases where more singles are needed than extracted, then this takes even more time. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

16 hours ago, AA1989 said:

I believe they are a recommend clinic on here?

I think @Melvin- Moderator should clarify if and how magnification is used?

Yeah, I agree. I do hope @Melvin- Moderator kindly reaches out to them for us. The more information we have in the forums, the better informed everyone gets in making big decisions.

I wonder if dr. Yaman does have the equipment and capabilities but chooses not to? Too time consuming perhaps?

21 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Doing this obviously takes up more manpower and time and is less efficient from a purely time or revenue based standpoint; it's much quicker to quickly check them with the naked eye as they're extracted and just roughly guess what each graft is what in terms of FU groupings etc and roll with that.

11 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

This number to sort out into singles and doubles and triples etc takes few hours of a dedicated technician doing it. If they need to trim singles to make more of them in cases where more singles are needed than extracted, then this takes even more time. 

I believe both these post speak of the need for highly trained staff given the time to do a quality job.

Lets remember the status of recommended surgeon shouldn't just rely on payment of subs (important as this is to keep the lights on) but also upholding the values that got them the 'recommended' status in the first place.

image.png.1ccd3f3a98f9d2953dd339658712b12d.png

When you click on the link we are told:-

Have they made the investment in time and resources to do large sessions of micro follicular unit hair transplantation? Doing outstanding work requires a staff dedicated and trained to use high-powered magnification with the capability of producing more than 2,000 carefully trimmed grafts per surgical session.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/tips-on-hair-restoration-physicians

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BboyLimpin said:

Yeah, I agree. I do hope @Melvin- Moderator kindly reaches out to them for us. The more information we have in the forums, the better informed everyone gets in making big decisions.

I wonder if dr. Yaman does have the equipment and capabilities but chooses not to? Too time consuming perhaps?

Actually, i so a result today on a facebook group where a guy got bad density and a lot of doubles on the hairline from them. 

• Administrators

Guys,

I reached out to Dr. Yaman, and had a good conversation with him, he shared that these lower cost packages were necessary due to the pandemic. Moving forward, he will be raising his costs and removing the packages with less involvement. I stressed that we can only recommend surgeons who are involved in surgery. He’s currently investing in additional microscopes and creating a tool for measuring the cm2 area. 

I don’t believe any one result good or bad should be reflective of a surgeons entire body of work. I’ve asked him to reply here. He will soon.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

I reached out to Dr. Yaman, and had a good conversation with him, he shared that these lower cost packages were necessary due to the pandemic. Moving forward, he will be raising his costs and removing the packages with less involvement. I stressed that we can only recommend surgeons who are involved in surgery. He’s currently investing in additional microscopes and creating a tool for measuring the cm2 area. 

I don’t believe any one result good or bad should be reflective of a surgeons entire body of work. I’ve asked him to reply here. He will soon.

Hi there, 

I would like to make clear all your questions and concerns. First of all, my major goal is to keep my clinic's name at top level by having well done surgeries and glad patients. I am participating and supervising all my surgeries to be aware of all process and be sure about our patient's concerns. Although many clinics are having many patients per day with lower prices we do limited operations to take care of them with all our attention.
As we all know pandemic has destroyed many things so we had offered some packages with lower cost due to pandemic. Now we offer the cost that matchs our quality and experience.
We have always been improving our quality due to new technological developments and enhancements. So i am currently investing in additional microscopes and creating a tool for measuring the cm2 area by 3D technology, with my team we are working on new equipments currently.
About details you can check our website and social media accounts. 
As human being sometimes there can be some mistakes and we are always willing to compensate.

Best Regards,

Dr. Resul Yaman

• Like 6

Judging by the popularity of this thread and the number of followers ( plus all the silent followers). There is a substantial commercial opportunity to provide a personalised, high-quality service from Turkey at a realistic price. The 'race to bottom' hair mills may cash in, in the short term, but medical tourists are becoming more informed day by day.

It sounds like you are making positive changes with the support of HRN. Just like a soccer manager is only as good as their last game, the same can be said of an HT clinic. Reputations can take a long time to build yet are destroyed much quicker. The scrutiny of results has never been higher. I look forward to seeing the progress.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AA1989 said:

The 'race to bottom' hair mills may cash in, in the short term, but medical tourists are becoming more informed day by day.

there's a sucker born every minute. as long as hair mills are significantly cheaper than quality clinics, there will always be people willing to risk a botched HT if the price is much cheaper. 

Also, it's really hard for people to relate to the misery and stress of a botched HT until they've experienced it themselves. So you will always have plenty (especially young) dudes who really don't understand the risks and other long-term ramifications of having a botched HT

31 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

there's a sucker born every minute. as long as hair mills are significantly cheaper than quality clinics, there will always be people willing to risk a botched HT if the price is much cheaper. 

Also, it's really hard for people to relate to the misery and stress of a botched HT until they've experienced it themselves. So you will always have plenty (especially young) dudes who really don't understand the risks and other long-term ramifications of having a botched HT

That's a real shame. They are already vulnerable by virtue of their hair loss. It's sad that there are people (hair mills) willing to disfigure someone for a quick buck.

Perhaps @Dr Resul Yaman can give us some insight into the position of the Turkish authorities to these hair mills?

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

Thanks for reaching out and to @Dr Resul Yamanfor explaining things. 

I feel very confident in choosing this clinic for a transplant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

Just some points I would like to clear, I think his pricing have been like this for years, no? I have seen reviews from 2016 where they say 1800 euros for 4000 grafts.

What do you mean "the packages with less involvement"? Hes for many years only done incisions from my knowledge with Ufuk Yaman(left and opened his own clinic) and Mohamed Yaman doing extraction and techs implanting. 

Many years ago he did extraction aswell, so you mean that he will start doing that now? 

There are not many reviews of him at this forum, other than his own posts. 

Edited by digi23
  • Like 6

On 3/18/2022 at 1:44 PM, Dr Resul Yaman said:

Hi there, 

I would like to make clear all your questions and concerns. First of all, my major goal is to keep my clinic's name at top level by having well done surgeries and glad patients. I am participating and supervising all my surgeries to be aware of all process and be sure about our patient's concerns. Although many clinics are having many patients per day with lower prices we do limited operations to take care of them with all our attention.
As we all know pandemic has destroyed many things so we had offered some packages with lower cost due to pandemic. Now we offer the cost that matchs our quality and experience.
We have always been improving our quality due to new technological developments and enhancements. So i am currently investing in additional microscopes and creating a tool for measuring the cm2 area by 3D technology, with my team we are working on new equipments currently.
As human being sometimes there can be some mistakes and we are always willing to compensate.

Best Regards,

Dr. Resul Yaman

With all due respect to the Dr, I'm not sure what the Pandemic has to do with providing a bad HT. He said he had to lower his cost so I'm assuming this just means he was doing more surgeries per day?  Some of which were unsupervised and he didn't have the proper equipment to ramp up like this? 

If he did the same amount of surgeries per day but just a lower cost option, then what was different about the process which caused poor quality? 

Again, this is speculation because the Dr didn't point to any logical reason for bad results. In fact he seems to imply that for the Pandemic years, bad results may have been more common than we are led to believe. 

It's also not clear if he has microscopes currently or if he just didn't have enough equipment to ramp up his business model. 

While I'm glad he replied and is trying to address the issues brought up in this post, I just feel like the answer falls a little short on details. 

• Like 3

On 3/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

There are many great Doctors out there only doing the incisions step, so what is Dr Arika Bansal for example doing differently than Dr Yaman? In my case I have wrong angles aswell, is not that done in this step you say? How is Dr José Lorenzo hitting every case out of the park with 4 patients a day? 

I think with your recommendation system it would be great if you had some follow ups with your Doctors who are recommended once in a while, to see if theres any changes and follow up adjusting your information you have on each Doctor. The text now on all Doctors make them look quite equal. How is newcomers here supposed to know the difference when everyone just says "check out the recommended list, you cannot go wrong with anyone of these"?

When I talked to you it seems that you dont know much about this clinic at all. 

I dont mean to attack you nor the forum, its more of a constructive criticism and would lead to more people being involved here long term I would think.

Bad results are always a possibility, and I think its a bad way to react by saying to me that I had "no reasons to be negative" like you said here earlier, or in other patients reviews "stop spreading your hair" when 99% of the forum see the obvious flaw. 

I like this forum alot, its a great way to research clinics and get a feel for who you are going to choose, its probably the best forum out there, but I think a more respectful approach would be good sometimes and not put the biggest blame on the patient.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 5

On 3/18/2022 at 2:44 PM, Dr Resul Yaman said:

Hi there, 

Best Regards,

Dr. Resul Yaman

"As we all know pandemic has destroyed many things so we had offered some packages with lower cost due to pandemic. Now we offer the cost that matchs our quality and experience"

I understand that the pandemic was tough on everyone. However, using it as an excuse for a bad HT is both unprofessional and makes no sense. Does this mean that your clinic was short staffed or had to hire inexperienced technicians to cut the costs during the pandemic? If yes, how can future patients be confident enough to know that these changes have been made and now everything is back to normal?

• Administrators

Guys,

You are misconstruing what he said, my main issue with his clinic wasn’t one bad result. My main issue was him potentially moving toward a hair mill structure. That is why he responded to my concerns. The pandemic has been going on for years. My main issue is that moving forward he will be moving in the right direction, being more involved and charging more. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, digi23 said:

There are many great Doctors out there only doing the incisions step, so what is Dr Arika Bansal for example doing differently than Dr Yaman? In my case I have wrong angles aswell, is not that done in this step you say? How is Dr José Lorenzo hitting every case out of the park with 4 patients a day? 

I think with your recommendation system it would be great if you had some follow ups with your Doctors who are recommended once in a while, to see if theres any changes and follow up adjusting your information you have on each Doctor. The text now on all Doctors make them look quite equal. How is newcomers here supposed to know the difference when everyone just says "check out the recommended list, you cannot go wrong with anyone of these"?

When I talked to you it seems that you dont know much about this clinic at all. 

I dont mean to attack you nor the forum, its more of a constructive criticism and would lead to more people being involved here long term I would think.

Bad results are always a possibility, and I think its a bad way to react by saying to me that I had "no reasons to be negative" like you said here earlier, or in other patients reviews "stop spreading your hair" when 99% of the forum see the obvious flaw. 

I like this forum alot, its a great way to research clinics and get a feel for who you are going to choose, its probably the best forum out there, but I think a more respectful approach would be good sometimes and not put the biggest blame on the patient.

We do our best to ensure our surgeons are keeping up with their standards. But ultimately it is threads like these that we rely on. After all, a surgeon can say many things, but the results and what their patients say matters. I do believe Dr. Yaman is being honest with me, and he does care about his results. 

Unfortunately, no surgeon is perfect. Standing by their work and fixing the issue is important, and he’s told me he has offered to give you a free touch-up. I don’t believe we can ask anymore from a clinic, as results are never guaranteed. 

I’m open to constructive criticism that makes our community better. 

• Like 1

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

You are misconstruing what he said, my main issue with his clinic wasn’t one bad result. My main issue was him potentially moving toward a hair mill structure. That is why he responded to my concerns. The pandemic has been going on for years. My main issue is that moving forward he will be moving in the right direction. 

Maybe you should read what you wrote again, you said that he will REMOVE packages with less involvement? So my case was with less involvement without my knowledge? I think Dr Yaman did incisions like he always have? If it was not someone else who came in when I did not see behind me.

Being a previous patient of his and knowing how his place worked when I was there, it seems far from a hair mill.  I think digi23 had an experience he sees as a negative one in general and it seems mostly because it was a unique procedure involving his temples.  Some here may think he's being way too sensitive about it and that it actually wasn't that bad actually. Either way, Yaman did a great job for me and I'm sure many others. I'm sure most haven't posted as it seems like everything online, the negative reviews get the most attention.  He seems like a good dr. who just needs to ensure his staff is doing what he wants them to.  He has a fairly small office and doesn't seem to be trying to expand and turn into a place doing lots of procedures per day.  Just my opinion.  

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Maybe you should read what you wrote again, you said that he will REMOVE packages with less involvement? So my case was with less involvement without my knowledge? I think Dr Yaman did incisions like he always have? If it was not someone else who came in when I did not see behind me.

I wrote that because there was talk of him offering packages where he didn’t do the channels. Do you recall pm’ng me saying he did yours, but you heard that he recently stopped doing them? That’s precisely why I reached out to him, to confirm that was not happening. 

View my thread

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

You are misconstruing what he said, my main issue with his clinic wasn’t one bad result. My main issue was him potentially moving toward a hair mill structure. That is why he responded to my concerns. The pandemic has been going on for years. My main issue is that moving forward he will be moving in the right direction, being more involved and charging more. 

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought the Dr's response was to explain why @digi23 had an issue and to highlight if he actually has the proper equipment required for a good result. Both questions were raised on this post. Neither of which were explained and instead we got some Pandemic blaming. 

While I agree that the result isn't horrible (temples look pretty bad), several people including other Dr's highlighted the need for microscopes to sort grafts. If I was a patient looking at this Dr, I still wouldn't be sure that he has the issue resolved that led to this post from his response. 

If I am misunderstanding something then I apologize. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, SGT said:

Being a previous patient of his and knowing how his place worked when I was there, it seems far from a hair mill.  I think digi23 had an experience he sees as a negative one in general and it seems mostly because it was a unique procedure involving his temples.  Some here may think he's being way too sensitive about it and that it actually wasn't that bad actually. Either way, Yaman did a great job for me and I'm sure many others. I'm sure most haven't posted as it seems like everything online, the negative reviews get the most attention.  He seems like a good dr. who just needs to ensure his staff is doing what he wants them to.  He has a fairly small office and doesn't seem to be trying to expand and turn into a place doing lots of procedures per day.  Just my opinion.  

Thanks for sharing your experience, I do believe it’s important to see a large body of work and hear from multiple patients like yourself. Listening to only happy or disgruntled patients can skew perception. Looking it all as a whole is much better. 

View my thread

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought the Dr's response was to explain why @digi23 had an issue and to highlight if he actually has the proper equipment required for a good result. Both questions were raised on this post. Neither of which were explained and instead we got some Pandemic blaming. 

While I agree that the result isn't horrible (temples look pretty bad), several people including other Dr's highlighted the need for microscopes to sort grafts. If I was a patient looking at this Dr, I still wouldn't be sure that he has the issue resolved that led to this post from his response. 

If I am misunderstanding something then I apologize. 

His response was to my concerns about packages with no involvement. Not necessarily to this one case, but he acknowledged it fell short of his expectations. He offered to fix it for free. Of course, English is his second language, so perhaps it wasn’t structured well. 

I asked him to post it here, since this thread has a lot of traction, perhaps I should’ve been better at stating my question first. 

• Like 1

View my thread

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

His response was to my concerns about packages with no involvement. Not necessarily to this one case, but he acknowledged it fell short of his expectations. He offered to fix it for free. Of course, English is his second language, so perhaps it wasn’t structured well. 

I asked him to post it here, since this thread has a lot of traction, perhaps I should’ve been better at stating my question first. 

Well I don't remember anyone questioning his packages but maybe some people did. What I do know is that just a few days ago, several people were asking if he actually had the proper equipment to perform a HT with consistent results. I'd think this is a very serious allegation that should be easily addressed. Either he has microscopes or he doesn't. The fact that he's currently ordering more says something but doesn't say what he's currently doing. I'm not sure why this question seems to be getting dodged but it's been asked several times. 

How can someone decide to go to this Dr without knowing if he has what is considered basic equipment. 

I'm not saying that he doesn't have microscopes but if this question keeps getting left unanswered then what should we believe? 

• Like 1