Most Detailed Dr. Resul Yaman Review You Will Ever See September 2021

digi23

27 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Well I don't remember anyone questioning his packages but maybe some people did. What I do know is that just a few days ago, several people were asking if he actually had the proper equipment to perform a HT with consistent results. I'd think this is a very serious allegation that should be easily addressed. Either he has microscopes or he doesn't. The fact that he's currently ordering more says something but doesn't say what he's currently doing. I'm not sure why this question seems to be getting dodged but it's been asked several times. 

How can someone decide to go to this Dr without knowing if he has what is considered basic equipment. 

I'm not saying that he doesn't have microscopes but if this question keeps getting left unanswered then what should we believe? 

Well, my extraction part lasted for about 1,5-2 hours. During this whole time it was 1 guy with me in the room until the very end, the implantation team entered to help pull the extracted grafts out, they were 3 people working on me with this for maybe 20-30 minutes.

After this I had lunch quickly for 15 minutes. So total time before implantation was very quick and if @DrTBarghouthi said it takes HOURS for them to be sorted with Microscopes, you can pretty much say that it was def not used. Ontop if this the implantation team did not use loupes as I looked up alot of times to see what was going on in the room because I always thought about my review and I wanted to give a detailed one.

I was not sedated and I did not take xanax or any other drug to relax.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SGT said:

Being a previous patient of his and knowing how his place worked when I was there, it seems far from a hair mill.  I think digi23 had an experience he sees as a negative one in general and it seems mostly because it was a unique procedure involving his temples.  Some here may think he's being way too sensitive about it and that it actually wasn't that bad actually. Either way, Yaman did a great job for me and I'm sure many others. I'm sure most haven't posted as it seems like everything online, the negative reviews get the most attention.  He seems like a good dr. who just needs to ensure his staff is doing what he wants them to.  He has a fairly small office and doesn't seem to be trying to expand and turn into a place doing lots of procedures per day.  Just my opinion.  

I think my experience was very good. Everything from the pickup to the hotel, the driver always arriving in time, everything was great at the clinic aswell. Very respectful people and Dr Yaman himself is a good guy. 

What I am dissapointed with is the the temples which is done so fundamentally wrong theres no words for it. Every great Dr I talked to reaction is "Oh God, who did this?". Other forums have also another view on this than a minority of people here it seems for some reason. 

I am also a little bit dissapointed that my hairline consists of many double grafts and some multiple grafts.

The yield looks decent, it is what I expected because of my thin hair calibre. 

I think your case will be good, its looking promising. 

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

I see too many contradictions in this thread.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:05 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I agree with you, unnecessary negativity for no reason. Was the outcome perfect? No, but the overall procedure was successful. For the value I think 99% of the population would say it’s worth it. Of course, we can nitpick and be unhappy about certain things, but that shouldn’t be the only thing you focus on. 

On 3/16/2022 at 11:12 PM, digi23 said:

I would not think that a hair transplant should be done and you need to pay 1000 euros for 10 electrolysis sessions killing some 300-350 multiple grafts completely wrongly placed. It is not optimal, but it is a way to fix it atleast. A overharvested donor would be worse.

Ontop of this I have a bald spot, which we will see if it grows in, you can see it if you look at photos back. The good thing is that I push my hair to this side so it will hide it.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

my main issue with his clinic wasn’t one bad result

While I'm sure the OP appreciates that you now consider it a bad result, I respectfully disagree, your main issue must be getting to the bottom of this bad result. It isn't just a bad result it's @digi23 a person who was decent enough to document their journey on HRN, to help us. The doctors reply does nothing to explain why errors were made in this case and how they will be corrected to ensure they never happen again. Poor yield may be down to physiological reasons(not applicable in this case) but multi's in the hairline and temples, bunches of singles, misaligned grafts - that's poor protocol standards or human error. What is it?

The inconsistencies continue, look how resolute your response was to @George Clooney when he pointed out his observations of a patients hair transplant at a recommended clinic.

This forum was created for patients interested in sharing their genuine reviews. Patients who put themselves out there. We exist because of guys like @ADil who share their experience. I will not have anyone posting to try and nitpick them and bring them down, especially someone who doesn’t share themselves, and is anonymous. 

The reason everyone comes here is to see real reviews, the moment people feel uncomfortable posting because they may get nitpicked and brought down, is the moment this forum dies, and that I will not allow. Sharing real reviews and experiences isn’t advertising. That’s the reason why we hold these reviews so highly. No one is being paid to post, they post because they’re paying it forward to help others out there see what a genuine candid result looks like.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/59596-ht-at-eugenix-nw3-2612-grafts-on-24-march-2021-by-dr-priyadarshini-das-mumbai-branch/page/6/

When @digi23 felt attacked. He needed to defend his position. I don't feel someone who has the courage to present their case on a public forum should feel attacked. I think we should applaud the patients that come on here and give their honest opinion. Terms like 'unnecessary negativity' and 'nitpick' share similarities with clinics who try to change a persons perception of reality aka gaslighting. They have no place on a forum here to support patients and prospective patients.

Are we to draw the conclusion the only real consistency here, both were an attacks (directly or indirectly) on a recommended clinic?

I know these exchanges seldom end well no matter how valid or well presented the concerns. So it's been nice knowing you guys🤣

Who moderates the moderator?

Edited by AA1989
You can never have enough bold:-)
  • Like 2

I will come back here and update at 12 months just to follow through my review. I feel like I am obligated to do that with a title like this and the background to this thread is all about helping others. 

I will do another surgery in September to add density and correct this. I will also when I shave down again measure the grafts per cm2 in the transplanted area to see the final survival rate. 

I think if the title was "Most Detailed Dr Cinik Review You Will Ever See" the responses would have been very different in here.

Until then, I am out. 

• Like 6

• Administrators
On 3/16/2022 at 3:48 PM, digi23 said:

I feel like its too much negativity from me in this thread lately though, just to be clear with everyone, the yield is pretty good in the hairline, I have thin hair and my appearance is night and day. 

@AA1989

I agreed with @digi23 who himself stated there was unnecessary negativity in this thread. As a whole, I don’t believe the result is bad, the temples are bad, and I never said they were good. There’s a big difference between nitpicking a result where the patient is unhappy, and nitpicking a happy patient to make them feel bad like the thread you mentioned. The ladder is unacceptable.

Lastly, no one is forcing you to post here, there are rules, and as a moderator I’m not always gonna be everyone’s favorite person.  As long as I’m fair and balanced, and protect those who contribute than my job is done. 

You’ve been here a whopping two months, so naturally you know how the community should be ran 👌

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 3/20/2022 at 11:31 AM, AA1989 said:

I see too many contradictions in this thread.

While I'm sure the OP appreciates that you now consider it a bad result, I respectfully disagree, your main issue must be getting to the bottom of this bad result. It isn't just a bad result it's @digi23 a person who was decent enough to document their journey on HRN, to help us. The doctors reply does nothing to explain why errors were made in this case and how they will be corrected to ensure they never happen again. Poor yield may be down to physiological reasons(not applicable in this case) but multi's in the hairline and temples, bunches of singles, misaligned grafts - that's poor protocol standards or human error. What is it?

The inconsistencies continue, look how resolute your response was to @George Clooney when he pointed out his observations of a patients hair transplant at a recommended clinic.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/59596-ht-at-eugenix-nw3-2612-grafts-on-24-march-2021-by-dr-priyadarshini-das-mumbai-branch/page/6/

When @digi23 felt attacked. He needed to defend his position. I don't feel someone who has the courage to present their case on a public forum should feel attacked. I think we should applaud the patients that come on here and give their honest opinion. Terms like 'unnecessary negativity' and 'nitpick' share similarities with clinics who try to change a persons perception of reality aka gaslighting. They have no place on a forum here to support patients and prospective patients.

Are we to draw the conclusion the only real consistency here, both were an attacks (directly or indirectly) on a recommended clinic?

I know these exchanges seldom end well no matter how valid or well presented the concerns. So it's been nice knowing you guys🤣

Who moderates the moderator?

I did a search of your IP address, turns out you are MC10298, a user a previously banned for creating a duplicate account.  👋🏼 bye 

2DE2664D-D983-4260-B35D-A83E01CF83DF.jpeg

• Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@digi23

You’ve been nothing but objective, fair and pragmatic in all your posts.

Thanks for sharing your journey honestly and I look forward to reading where you go next to correct the mistakes Yaman made and get the final result you deserve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@digi23
I have read this thread throughout and I do hope you still update before the 12 month update to get an idea of any lingering redness from the electrolysis. I too had terrible temple points done.

Temple points should NOT be done in my opinion unless it's by someone very skilled. It's so hard to get right even if it's done "correctly" with single grafts. The hair on your temples is much finer than the top of your head so it's hard to look natural. And to those who say this procedure was good enough, they have not had to live with very obvious botched temple work. Photos don't do it justice. It is VERY noticeable to anyone who looks at your hair - and this is not just my imagination. I've had grandparents, uncles, and older friends least comment on it.

How did you settle on which person to do your electrolysis @digi23 ?

Edited by hplant
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 8:07 AM, hplant said:

@digi23
I have read this thread throughout and I do hope you still update before the 12 month update to get an idea of any lingering redness from the electrolysis. I too had terrible temple points done.

Temple points should NOT be done in my opinion unless it's by someone very skilled. It's so hard to get right even if it's done "correctly" with single grafts. The hair on your temples is much finer than the top of your head so it's hard to look natural. And to those who say this procedure was good enough, they have not had to live with very obvious botched temple work. Photos don't do it justice. It is VERY noticeable to anyone who looks at your hair - and this is not just my imagination. I've had grandparents, uncles, and older friends least comment on it.

How did you settle on which person to do your electrolysis @digi23 ?

I will try to help you, I saw your thread aswell. 

In my case I was lucky to find someone doing electrolysis with 18 years of experience who run her own clinic specializing in skin & hair. It is not very common for her to remove transplanted hair, but she liked the challenge. 

I asked a couple different ones, but mostly they were pretty scared because they are not supposed to remove all of the grafts, it is precision work and very time consuming and you need to do maybe 10 sessions.

For your case i think it might be a little bit easier, it looks like it has been transplanted on its own and not between existing single hair grafts so its less precision, more just get it done. For scalp hair it dies pretty quickly with electrolysis because of long anagen phases, so you dont have to worry about hitting the same graft 10 times, it usually dies the first time around.

Redness lasts only a couple of days in my case and I am very prone to redness.

This is how we go about the sessions now, with me putting dots on the grafts that I want her to remove.

In my opinion it is important to find someone who does Electrolysis with the blend method, it usually gives less scarring and is much more soft to the skin than regular thermolysis.

I would NOT opt to FUE out the grafts in your case, I saw some people who recommended that, it is very likely it will leave scars and its not a good look when you have white dot scars in your face. It is fine to FUE out grafts deeper into the hair, but not the front lines in my opinion.

1648996874873.png

1648997391464.png

Edited by digi23

On 3/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, Yoo said:

@digi23

You’ve been nothing but objective, fair and pragmatic in all your posts.

Thanks for sharing your journey honestly and I look forward to reading where you go next to correct the mistakes Yaman made and get the final result you deserve.

Thanks, I am trying to keep calm and just think positive. 

We were about the same level of loss, your hair is looking great by the way, very nice design. :)

Also I can say that I am booked with Dr Marwan Saifi in Wroclaw, Poland in September to repair this mess. Hes doing very nice and natural looking temple work on the cases I have seen, so I think hes the one who can get this done the proper way.

Thanks to @Rossybop@Colly29@Keith2091

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2022 at 8:01 AM, digi23 said:

I will try to help you, I saw your thread aswell. 

In my case I was lucky to find someone doing electrolysis with 18 years of experience who run her own clinic specializing in skin & hair. It is not very common for her to remove transplanted hair, but she liked the challenge. 

I asked a couple different ones, but mostly they were pretty scared because they are not supposed to remove all of the grafts, it is precision work and very time consuming and you need to do maybe 10 sessions.

For your case i think it might be a little bit easier, it looks like it has been transplanted on its own and not between existing single hair grafts so its less precision, more just get it done. For scalp hair it dies pretty quickly with electrolysis because of long anagen phases, so you dont have to worry about hitting the same graft 10 times, it usually dies the first time around.

Redness lasts only a couple of days in my case and I am very prone to redness.

This is how we go about the sessions now, with me putting dots on the grafts that I want her to remove.

In my opinion it is important to find someone who does Electrolysis with the blend method, it usually gives less scarring and is much more soft to the skin than regular thermolysis.

I would NOT opt to FUE out the grafts in your case, I saw some people who recommended that, it is very likely it will leave scars and its not a good look when you have white dot scars in your face. It is fine to FUE out grafts deeper into the hair, but not the front lines in my opinion.

1648996874873.png

1648997391464.png

Cheers, this is really helpful.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, asterix0 said:

@digi23 Thanks a lot for your transparency, I am sure many people have found this thread very helpful.

In general though how has your progress been regarding the top, is the yield looking good?

The hairline has ALOT of double grafts, it is alright density, not great. It is difficult for me to say exactly since I have thin hair, I assume maybe somewhere around 30-32 grafts per cm2. 40 grafts per cm2 was implanted.

I will do a full calculation on this when I have my next transplant in September, I will measure the grafts per cm2 that grew on different places in the transplanted area to give an exact answer then.

I have a bald spot in my upper temple on one side still that might be transected grafts that was implanted, not sure, doesnt seem to grow anything there, that spot is maybe 5-10 grafts per cm2.

Here is a two photos, before and after 5 electrolysis sessions, about 200 grafts have been killed in this temple.

image.png.b33a7dfec167907191e4c3a69c93c2ea.png

The bald spot that never grew

20220403_132957 (1).jpg

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 11:42 AM, digi23 said:

The hairline has ALOT of double grafts, it is alright density, not great. It is difficult for me to say exactly since I have thin hair, I assume maybe somewhere around 30-32 grafts per cm2. 40 grafts per cm2 was implanted.

I will do a full calculation on this when I have my next transplant in September, I will measure the grafts per cm2 that grew on different places in the transplanted area to give an exact answer then.

I have a bald spot in my upper temple on one side still that might be transected grafts that was implanted, not sure, doesnt seem to grow anything there, that spot is maybe 5-10 grafts per cm2.

Here is a two photos, before and after 5 electrolysis sessions, about 200 grafts have been killed in this temple.

image.png.b33a7dfec167907191e4c3a69c93c2ea.png

The bald spot that never grew

20220403_132957 (1).jpg

Are you done with all the electrolysis? The right temple still looks kind of odd. It could be the length however.

11 hours ago, hplant said:

Are you done with all the electrolysis? The right temple still looks kind of odd. It could be the length however.

Yes it does look pretty bad still, even after so many grafts have been removed. I need to have a balance, because I will have a repair surgery in September and if I can make it look alright until then, the grafts that are not killed with Electrolysis might be reused. Thats why I might keep some ugly ones, I did not want the temples to be totally punched out, because I am pretty prone to scarring and red skin, thats why I opted to remove the worst with Electrolysis.

• Like 1

i think the treatment you are taking is improving your temple nicely. i know you heard this from other already, but i think you look good enough, might not be great in very close distance if people focus looking at your temple, but from the short trim hairstyle you're having, i think most people wouldn't realize that you had any transplant bar those who are looking for one, or are experienced in the topic.

abit downside on that is that you need to keep trimming your side short, but i do think your temple looks ok.

good luck on your next actions!

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, mafpe said:

i think the treatment you are taking is improving your temple nicely. i know you heard this from other already, but i think you look good enough, might not be great in very close distance if people focus looking at your temple, but from the short trim hairstyle you're having, i think most people wouldn't realize that you had any transplant bar those who are looking for one, or are experienced in the topic.

abit downside on that is that you need to keep trimming your side short, but i do think your temple looks ok.

good luck on your next actions!

Thanks!

Yes now it does look alot better and I can go outside without a hat on. 

I will have 1 more treatment then I will just wait out my repair surgery. I dont want to waste any more grafts, but I also dont want to go around for 6 months with a cap on, and then punch out every single graft with the risk of scarring, thats why I opted for Electrolysis.

You too! 🙂

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

sorry im new on this , and im looking at doing a hair transplant as well.

May i know more about whats wrong with the temples area ? What am i suppose to look at?

How/what to ask the doctor to avoid having this issue?

4 hours ago, songbo said:

sorry im new on this , and im looking at doing a hair transplant as well.

May i know more about whats wrong with the temples area ? What am i suppose to look at?

How/what to ask the doctor to avoid having this issue?

The temples is supposed to be fine hairs, a graft that they take on the back of your head consists of 1-5 hairs, in the temple zone and in the frontal hairline they are supposed to plant only 1 haired grafts for it to look natural. In my case they planted 3 haired, 4 haired and 5 haired grafts.

It is also very important with the angles of the grafts, specially in the temple zone, which in my case were also wrongly angled. 

Unfortunaly we got no explanation from Dr Yaman why this happened, only a explanation blaming covid.

The reason seems to be that they do not use loupes or microscopes to sort the grafts into 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s which makes them plant randomly with no thought. Why there was wrong angles we dont know either, a mistake or not enough skills to create temples would be the options.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, digi23 said:

The temples is supposed to be fine hairs, a graft that they take on the back of your head consists of 1-5 hairs, in the temple zone and in the frontal hairline they are supposed to plant only 1 haired grafts for it to look natural. In my case they planted 3 haired, 4 haired and 5 haired grafts.

It is also very important with the angles of the grafts, specially in the temple zone, which in my case were also wrongly angled. 

Unfortunaly we got no explanation from Dr Yaman why this happened, only a explanation blaming covid.

The reason seems to be that they do not use loupes or microscopes to sort the grafts into 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s which makes them plant randomly with no thought. Why there was wrong angles we dont know either, a mistake or not enough skills to create temples would be the options.

When you get this operation done your frontal hairline will be recreated with single grafts to receive a natural look and we will reach healthy density on frontal area.

This is what the clinic says when i did a whatsapp consultation with them.

Saying they use single grafts, was it the same too in your case but the end result wasnt as mentioned?
So I will need to ask if they will be using loupes or microscopes? But what about the angles, what can be asked to ensure they do it right?

18 minutes ago, songbo said:

When you get this operation done your frontal hairline will be recreated with single grafts to receive a natural look and we will reach healthy density on frontal area.

This is what the clinic says when i did a whatsapp consultation with them.

Saying they use single grafts, was it the same too in your case but the end result wasnt as mentioned?
So I will need to ask if they will be using loupes or microscopes? But what about the angles, what can be asked to ensure they do it right?

Well, I dont need to tell you that, you can look at my photos that in my case singles was used yes, in a heavy mix with 2s, 3s, 4s and 5s. 

In case of angles, it is mainly due to the skill of the Dr, the angles and direction of the hair is made in the incision step and you cannot ensure anything yourself, you need to trust the Dr.

Every clinic will tell you this, you think they will respond that they will not do their best with your case? You should research alot before going through with anything in my opinion, if you still believe Dr Yaman is the best choice for you and your goals after doing extensive research, go ahead with him.

There is cases here on the forum on this Dr and many other Drs, best is to research alot of different ones and the one you like most you go with.

Do not let the price be the decisive part, I paid 2350 euros but now it will cost me about 5000 euros to get this repaired. My total will be approx 7350 euros. 

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is so helpful 👋

I had hair transplant   (about 1000 graft ) 5 years ago in a cheap and bad clinic. At that time, I wasn’t know any thing about the art of hair transplantation. I thought it was only an extraction and implantation process without art🤦🏻‍♂️ .. Many double multiple thick hairs implanted in the temple and hairline. The good news it wasn’t the end   of the world , 3 months ago, I started looking for a way to remove these hairs and found that electrolysis  is the best option, so I had one session of electrolysis to remove these hairs in hairline and temples.  But after 3 months it grew back . I thought it would disappear after the first session until I read your post now.  I think it needs more sessions 🤦🏻‍♂️.. My goal after I get rid of it is to find a good doctor and clinic that will transplant only fine single  hair in this area so that it looks very natural, even in short haircuts.. ..

so what do u recommend  ( eugenix .. asmed .. cosmedica ) ? 

i need best natural result  

5EC6B635-3634-493F-8EC7-7F6557AD9210.png

6CC2D390-19C5-4F53-B314-7C25B006D568.jpeg

47204943-9300-4959-9388-0AD5C5A1642B.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Ah97 please create your own thread.

View my thread

On 3/16/2022 at 7:05 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

For the value I think 99% of the population would say it’s worth it. Of course, we can nitpick and be unhappy about certain things, but that shouldn’t be the only thing you focus on. 

I disagree.  The initial outcome doesn't look soft or natural.  Sometimes I think some people are so pro-HT that as long as something grows "it's a good outcome,"  regardless of aesthetic quality.  The temple points and hairline are not feathered in, the color doesn't even match.  You can't take thick, darker hairs and plug them in in groups of 2's, 3's, or 4's at the front of lighter colored hairs and expect it to match and look natural.  99%?  Absurd.  No disrespect intended, Melvin, but that non-scientific number guestimate is just not even close to accurate in my opinion.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, harryforreal said:

I disagree.  The initial outcome doesn't look soft or natural.  Sometimes I think some people are so pro-HT that as long as something grows "it's a good outcome,"  regardless of aesthetic quality.  The temple points and hairline are not feathered in, the color doesn't even match.  You can't take thick, darker hairs and plug them in in groups of 2's, 3's, or 4's at the front of lighter colored hairs and expect it to match and look natural.  99%?  Absurd.  No disrespect intended, Melvin, but that non-scientific number guestimate is just not even close to accurate in my opinion.

Tbh, what you said is exactly the type of way Hair Mills gaslight patients when they do the same things and it looks un-natural. 

Digi, thanks for sharing everything man. It really does help the community and if it can in some way help the clinic improve their approach and avoid another person going through this it's not for nothing having shared what went wrong in your procedure. 

I haven't had a read of everything but as a person who's wanting to get his own temples done, it's become more and more obvious how crucial and hugely important it is to be in the right hands and that's why i am rooting for you whole heartedly to get the outcome on them with your next planned procedure. 

I have chosen Eugenix for mine with Dr Daz and will be raising the issues i saw with Captain Haddock to avoid that outcome on my temple points but somebody did mention the Dr you have mentioned you are looking to use in Poland and i'm hugely interested to see the outcome for you. 

• Like 2