Most Detailed Dr. Resul Yaman Review You Will Ever See September 2021

digi23

can you point out where you see doubles and multis on hairline cause i am not seeing ? i do see some doubles on the peaks, which maybe if you grow out the hair it won't be that noticable, but if you rock a fade yes its visible specially since they will be darker ....maybe it will turn out not that bad, give it time. 

23 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

can you point out where you see doubles and multis on hairline cause i am not seeing ? i do see some doubles on the peaks, which maybe if you grow out the hair it won't be that noticable, but if you rock a fade yes its visible specially since they will be darker ....maybe it will turn out not that bad, give it time. 

If you look at the 20 weeks photos I posted on the hairline you can see alot of double grafts, in the corners there are multiples. Mainly the temples is a concern of mine, the hairline is easy to fix.

The problem also will be when these doubles and multiples will mature, they will be even thicker and stand out more.

Edited by digi23

Bro your last pictures are looking AMAZING.

I really think that you are overthinking it so much. I don't think you will need another procedure to fix anything. Wait until month 9 and you will see!

Also, thank you for the detailed report! I am really considering going to Yaman or Cinik to have a HT. Your post makes me want to go with Yaman.

Edited by MaasterK

This side where the tech Cigdem did implantation looks pretty much like disaster its really 4 hair grafts in the temples, I have booked a few repair consultation to see how I go from here. I am a little bit afraid to fue them out because it will leave scars and I also need to do 2 more surgeries.

20220203_184024.jpg

20220203_184007.jpg

20220203_183956.jpg

Edited by digi23

To the naked eye, this doesn't look bad to me. I think you have to wait it out. Because If placed at proper angles, directions and density, double-haired grafts at the hairline/temples may not look unnatural after all. My suggestion is to wait a few more weeks. Allow the hair to grow and take it natural direction and then re-evaluate.

18 minutes ago, digi23 said:

I am a little bit afraid to fue them out because it will leave scars and I also need to do 2 more surgeries.

Last month I did a fair amount of consultations for my own numerous badly angled grafts. Most of the doctors did say extraction was needed and it would be a burdensome 2-4 surgery endeavor. 

Dr. Mwamba told me he can re-angle/re-direct all of my grafts in one go, so I am going with him. Perhaps seek a consult with him.

I think extraction and the multiple surgery path is perhaps the gold standard and the most formal method of treatment, but if you just keep consulting and talk to the docs who specifically work in repair, they may have a more realistic and pragmatic, acceptable alternative. 

If the grafts are few enough and you don't mind killing them, you can always laser off the grafts, then you can avoid the extraction discussion entirely. And then you would just be looking at 1 repair procedure regardless of who you talk to. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AVI1214 said:

To the naked eye, this doesn't look bad to me. I think you have to wait it out. Because If placed at proper angles, directions and density, double-haired grafts at the hairline/temples may not look unnatural after all. My suggestion is to wait a few more weeks. Allow the hair to grow and take it natural direction and then re-evaluate.

It does look more unnatural to place multiple grafts in the temples than in the hairline, in the hairline it looks very bad aswell but in the temples its worse. 

Yes I need to wait, no one will touch my head before 12 month mark anyways, no one serious that is. I think the only way to do it is to remove those fat multiples and place them behind the hairline for density and then do another surgery 12 months after that. 

2 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

Last month I did a fair amount of consultations for my own numerous badly angled grafts. Most of the doctors did say extraction was needed and it would be a burdensome 2-4 surgery endeavor. 

Dr. Mwamba told me he can re-angle/re-direct all of my grafts in one go, so I am going with him. Perhaps seek a consult with him.

I think extraction and the multiple surgery path is perhaps the gold standard and the most formal method of treatment, but if you just keep consulting and talk to the docs who specifically work in repair, they may have a more realistic and pragmatic, acceptable alternative. 

If the grafts are few enough and you don't mind killing them, you can always laser off the grafts, then you can avoid the extraction discussion entirely. And then you would just be looking at 1 repair procedure regardless of who you talk to. 

Yes I am consulting with only great Drs for this. 

I wish you luck if you go through with your surgery.

• Administrators

Yes I do see the area of concern. Overall how do you feel?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

28 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes I do see the area of concern. Overall how do you feel?

Thanks for answering. 

Yes I am abit concerned on this part, but I dont know really what to do. 

Unfortunaly this side is basically only doubles and multiples, and that said the majority is 3s and 4s, not sure how that is possible but. I think if it was doubles it would be fairly ok but now its a mess. 

To be honest I think Dr Yaman himself is good but the problem is that he might have some techs that is doing a big part of the procedures who might not have alot of experience. This is a real beginner mistake, the tech who transplanted majority multiples and doubles cannot know anything really about temporal points.

I also blame myself a lot because I did not research more about temple restoration before the transplant, its the past months I really feel like I started to know every small bit that it is important, just shows that people should maybe do half a year or so research but people are usually quick to take a decision.

I solely trusted Dr Yaman on the design and I thought I needed to fill down because my temple peaks was so deep.

Edited by digi23
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, digi23 said:

Thanks for answering. 

Yes I am abit concerned on this part, but I dont know really what to do. 

Unfortunaly this side is basically only doubles and multiples, and that said the majority is 3s and 4s, not sure how that is possible but. I think if it was doubles it would be fairly ok but now its a mess. 

To be honest I think Dr Yaman himself is good but the problem is that he might have some techs that is doing a big part of the procedures who might not have alot of experience. This is a real beginner mistake, the tech who transplanted majority multiples and doubles cannot know anything really about temporal points.

I also blame myself a lot because I did not research more about temple restoration before the transplant, its the past months I really feel like I started to know every small bit that it is important, just shows that people should maybe do half a year or so research but people are usually quick to take a decision.

I solely trusted Dr Yaman on the design and I thought I needed to fill down because my temple peaks was so deep.

Have you spoken to Dr. Yaman, this should be fixed. Please reach out to him and let me know the outcome. I do think there is some time left to evaluate the entire procedure. But I do agree this area is of concern.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Have you spoken to Dr. Yaman, this should be fixed. Please reach out to him and let me know the outcome. I do think there is some time left to evaluate the entire procedure. But I do agree this area is of concern.

Yes I have spoken to his new director Ihsan. He told me two days ago he would speak to Dr Yaman about this, but have not recieved any answer yet. 

I am not interested in going back to be honest, if they care at all I would like to have my money back, since this will cost me scars and two more surgeries which will not be for free, but that I cannot decide and it is not my priority at this time.  

I am in talks with Dr Lupanzula, Dr Alcaide at BHR, Dr Bicer and Dr Pinto to try to come up with an idea how to proceed. I have a online consultation with Dr Bicer next week. All of them wants me to wait 12 months before another procedure. I am still not even 6 months post-op so I need to keep my cool abit aswell, but its obivous something will need to be done about the multiples. I need to take down the sides to a short length so I can see really how many multiples it is, hopefully its not in the hundreds.

Edited by digi23

12 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I had this answer after talking to FueGenix, Dr Munib Ahmad. So I guess we are looking at two procedures. 

Damn I did not know I was going to be this broken by this, I regret so much doing the temples and accepting the hairline drawn by Dr Yaman.

image.thumb.png.0c0479e593b82e12e54c672aff23da6b.png

Edited by digi23

I wouldn't trust going back to your original Dr either. I doubt that they offer a refund though. Maybe they'll do it for you to just go away I guess. I'm still not sure how bad it's going to look in the end but I understand your concerns. I'm sure it's nerve racking knowing that you will likely have to shell out more than your original surgery for 2 repair jobs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeMan said:

I wouldn't trust going back to your original Dr either. I doubt that they offer a refund though. Maybe they'll do it for you to just go away I guess. I'm still not sure how bad it's going to look in the end but I understand your concerns. I'm sure it's nerve racking knowing that you will likely have to shell out more than your original surgery for 2 repair jobs. 

Yes I doubt it aswell. 

Yeah and the angles are wrong according to every great Dr I ask, and Dr Yaman himself is creating the incisions which is angling the grafts, so its abit contradicting to go back in that sense aswell. 

On a positive note, the yield seems to be decent at this stage, its still pretty early. 

Edited by digi23
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it's probably because I'm older but nobody really cares about this stuff but you.  Anybody that sees you in a normal way won't notice one bit.  There are lots of things to worry about but please don't take too much time on this.  You have much more things more important.  Just my opinion 

• Like 4

I agree with wat the 2 members above me are saying. Don't worry to much. Nobody in reallife wil notice this. 

• Like 2

Sorry to see there are some issues Digi, I understand your concerns and would feel the same if I were in your shoes.

As for people saying it won't be too noticeable to most people, I'd have to agree as I think it would be fine if you wore your hair longer, maybe a guard 4+, on the back and sides. But, you've said you usually have some sort of fade/taper and so I agree it will be hard for the temples not to stand out with these shorter hair cuts. 

It's really going to come down to how you style your hair going forwards imo, if you hate having your hair longer than say a number 2 or 3 on the back and sides then it's probably going to be an issue (as I do myself, I usually get a haircut every 2 weeks from a skin-fade and even at that point it's starting to get way too long for my liking, so I can also understand if it's not really an option to keep it longer for you). A little longer on the sides and I don't think anyone would ever notice anything. 

Anyway, it's good you're getting the ball rolling and speaking to other surgeons for a possible repair so you can get it all over with as quick as possible if needed, but it's still very early and you don't know how it's gonna actually look in 6 months time. You very well might be pleased with the end result for the most part, so don't be too defeated yet. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for your encouraging words. I need to give it time and see how its looks when all hairs have sprouted. Thanks for taking your time to look and answer.

@SGT  @JDEE0 @DrMunibAhmad @SadMan2021

I need to take a break, and try to zoom out from thinking about this all the time. I will be back in a month for the 6 month mark and update with some photos. 

Happy growing to everyone who had a transplant recently! 😊

Edited by digi23
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@digi23 I am sorry to read about your temples, hopefully when it grows out you can style it in a certain way?

How is your front area looking? You know it was your review that made me go to Dr Yaman :D so lets hope it turns out decent. 

Hopefully your issue get resolved over time :)