Most Detailed Dr. Resul Yaman Review You Will Ever See September 2021

digi23

2 hours ago, BboyLimpin said:

This is strange, as I have seem some really good work overall by Yaman. 

Without going back and reading, I think you said microscopes were used during preparation of grafts but  magnification at implant stage was not? 

How was the consultation phase? 

I did not see any loupes on the guys implanting, I think the guy extracting had loupes. If you checkout their Instagram it looks like they are infact not using loupes at all since on every photo they just have a mouth guard and nothing else. 

I'm curious which package you chose when you did your surgery.  I had two packages to pick from, one was 1000 or so more expensive than the other.  Did you have two options also?  

2 hours ago, JoeMan said:

@digi23 did Dr. Yaman tell you what went wrong? Not that it matters much at this point but just wondering if he gave you a reason for this.

Not really, just that he said he would repair it for free with manual punch.

I feel like its too much negativity from me in this thread lately though, just to be clear with everyone, the yield is pretty good in the hairline, I have thin hair and my appearance is night and day. 

What is relieving is that the temples is going to get fixed, with some more laser sessions they will infact look pretty good and I might even feel that it is enough for me at this time. 

I felt very sad at the beginning when I saw what happened and when I did not know about electrolysis and how easy it really is to remove hair with precision.

Here you can see, before vs 6 months 1 week a little bit styled to the side as I like to wear it, not with any wax just pushed to the side. The photo is taken at home in the same place with the same light.

image.png.25982533f5ea47a334643816dc67b4f0.png

Edited by digi23
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

I believe they are a recommend clinic on here?

I think @Melvin- Moderator should clarify if and how magnification is used?

You can not expect magnification for the price I paid, I would think.

The crazy thing is that the woman who is removing the hair with electrolysis laser in the temples is even using magnification and she have a decent kit which let her choose between 1.5x-4x, that costs 100$ she said, so its not really about cost either it seems.

I think the cheapest option for magnification would be Dr Demirsoy or FueCapilar.

Edited by digi23

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Not really, just that he said he would repair it for free with manual punch.

I feel like its too much negativity from me in this thread lately though, just to be clear with everyone, the yield is pretty good in the hairline, I have thin hair and my appearance is night and day. 

What is relieving is that the temples is going to get fixed, with some more laser sessions they will infact look pretty good and I might even feel that it is enough for me at this time. 

I felt very sad at the beginning when I saw what happened and when I did not know about electrolysis and how easy it really is to remove hair with precision.

Here you can see, before vs 6 months 1 week a little bit styled to the side as I like to wear it, not with any wax just pushed to the side. The photo is taken at home in the same place with the same light.

image.png.25982533f5ea47a334643816dc67b4f0.png

I agree with you, unnecessary negativity for no reason. Was the outcome perfect? No, but the overall procedure was successful. For the value I think 99% of the population would say it’s worth it. Of course, we can nitpick and be unhappy about certain things, but that shouldn’t be the only thing you focus on. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I agree with you, unnecessary negativity for no reason. Was the outcome perfect? No, but the overall procedure was successful. For the value I think 99% of the population would say it’s worth it. Of course, we can nitpick and be unhappy about certain things, but that shouldn’t be the only thing you focus on. 

You could say so yes, not sure if I would say for no reason. 

I would not think that a hair transplant should be done and you need to pay 1000 euros for 10 electrolysis sessions killing some 300-350 multiple grafts completely wrongly placed. It is not optimal, but it is a way to fix it atleast. A overharvested donor would be worse.

But you should not expect much for a clinic charging 2350 euros, you should compare it to other hair mills, not to Dr Demirsoy or FueCapilar. 

Ontop of this I have a bald spot, which we will see if it grows in, you can see it if you look at photos back. The good thing is that I push my hair to this side so it will hide it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, digi23 said:

But you should not expect much for a clinic charging 2350 euros, you should compare it to other hair mills, not to Dr Demirsoy or FueCapilar. 

The old adage "you get what you pay for " rings true here. 

Maybe a little negative but I'm sure this has been stressful. I also think your post will help guide others. I'm not sure that most people would be happy with the initial results because the temple area really was thick and unnatural. Possibly after the removal of hair but then that required more money, research and time by you. 

Do you have your second surgeon picked out if you get a touch up?

1 minute ago, JoeMan said:

The old adage "you get what you pay for " rings true here. 

Maybe a little negative but I'm sure this has been stressful. I also think your post will help guide others. I'm not sure that most people would be happy with the initial results because the temple area really was thick and unnatural. Possibly after the removal of hair but then that required more money, research and time by you. 

Do you have your second surgeon picked out if you get a touch up?

I would think Dr Yaman could be a option if you are clear about that you do not want to do temple work. It is some pending cases here which is about 3-5 months in so we will see these results soon.

I am thinking about a touch up to add a little bit of density and add some singles into the upper temples. I have been in contact, only with some 3+ euro per graft Drs, but I need to wait until the 12 month mark to see how I feel about it when I removed some more in the temples and when all the hair have matured a little bit more.

• Like 1

The problem is ... If the budget clinics were upfront and said 'We don't use magnification so you might get multi's in your hairline and/or thin patches where we bunched singles but hey what do you expect for the price!'

Instead the website states "He (Dr Yaman) is committed to staying active in this field through ongoing education and incorporating the latest advances into his practice."

Loupes were first used is 1876🙃

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SGT said:

I'm curious which package you chose when you did your surgery.  I had two packages to pick from, one was 1000 or so more expensive than the other.  Did you have two options also?  

I did choose FUE Sapphire package, which is the basic package, not DHI. 

6 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

The problem is ... If the budget clinics were upfront and said 'We don't use magnification so you might get multi's in your hairline and/or thin patches where we bunched singles but hey what do you expect for the price!'

Instead the website states "He (Dr Yaman) is committed to staying active in this field through ongoing education and incorporating the latest advances into his practice."

Loupes were first used is 1876🙃

Yes it does not seem like magnification is a expensive thing either, you could buy some decent glasses for 100$, not sure why not all the budget clinics use it, it would make them more equal in quality.

Are you sure they don't use magnification? Just seems essential for something like this. Maybe he provides it but the staff said screw it on your surgery day? It's just too cheap not to provide. And I'm sure even at his rate he makes enough money for this. 

I'd hate to have everyone saying this and it not be true but I do believe they didn't on your day. 

3 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Are you sure they don't use magnification? Just seems essential for something like this. Maybe he provides it but the staff said screw it on your surgery day? It's just too cheap not to provide. And I'm sure even at his rate he makes enough money for this. 

I'd hate to have everyone saying this and it not be true but I do believe they didn't on your day. 

Thats why suggested Melvin should clarify with the clinic. It would be unfair to the clinic if this was an isolated case.

It's good to have price options - we just need to know where the corners are cut.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:52 AM, JoeMan said:

On 3/17/2022 at 1:58 AM, AA1989 said:

Thats why suggested Melvin should clarify with the clinic. It would be unfair to the clinic if this was an isolated case.

It's good to have price options - we just need to know where the corners are cut.

Dr Yaman himself is using loupes and I think the extraction guy is using it. If you look at their Instagram and from when I looked up at the surgery table, I did not see any loupes during implantation.

You can have a look yourself: https://www.instagram.com/drresulyaman/

surgery-image.jpgimage.thumb.png.c2bd78130603972da50ac46b339f846d.pngimage.thumb.png.2a7736dcadecdd3d3bbdac4f2fddbd49.pngimage.thumb.png.07038f4b4ac4bfd272f6ee31aae6edec.png

• Like 1

I think the bigger issue is the type of magnification and the overheads required.

Whereas a pair of loupes are cheap, they're really only used to see where you're implanting/extracting as you're going along and doing so. The important part comes when sorting the grafts under a proper stereoscopic type of microscope; whilst these themselves can be expensive (I think the ones my surgeon Dr. Pinto used are about 5 grand each), I don't think that's the main factor behind not using them, but rather that you have to put resources towards inspecting the grafts under it, dissecting them and sorting them properly into groupings etc. 

Doing this obviously takes up more manpower and time and is less efficient from a purely time or revenue based standpoint; it's much quicker to quickly check them with the naked eye as they're extracted and just roughly guess what each graft is what in terms of FU groupings etc and roll with that.

To be honest though, either way, I really do think that Digis issues were more the result of a complete lack of care with planning, even without checking under a proper microscope, there shouldn't be tens and tens of multi's packed into tight areas of his temples for example... maybe the lack of proper magnification would explain a few here and there, but to me it seems like they really just didn't even sort the grafts properly even by eye, they just implanted them however they felt in areas by the looks of it. Dr. Keser in Turkey for example doesn't use microscopes either, just loupes, but he's a pretty good surgeon and has really good results consistently. Sure he might have the odd double here and there that another surgeon who does use magnification wouldn't have, but nothing like this with 20+ in a small area. 

Btw, looking good Digi, regardless of all the issues that you have every right to be upset with, it's come along well for the most part and it looks good. Once you finish your electrolysis and maybe have a little touch up at 12 months, I think it will be perfect. 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 5:10 PM, JDEE0 said:

I think the bigger issue is the type of magnification and the overheads required.

Whereas a pair of loupes are cheap, they're really only used to see where you're implanting/extracting as you're going along and doing so. The important part comes when sorting the grafts under a proper stereoscopic type of microscope; whilst these themselves can be expensive (I think the ones my surgeon Dr. Pinto used are about 5 grand each), I don't think that's the main factor behind not using them, but rather that you have to put resources towards inspecting the grafts under it, dissecting them and sorting them properly into groupings etc. 

Doing this obviously takes up more manpower and time and is less efficient from a purely time or revenue based standpoint; it's much quicker to quickly check them with the naked eye as they're extracted and just roughly guess what each graft is what in terms of FU groupings etc and roll with that.

To be honest though, either way, I really do think that Digis issues were more the result of a complete lack of care with planning, even without checking under a proper microscope, there shouldn't be tens and tens of multi's packed into tight areas of his temples for example... maybe the lack of proper magnification would explain a few here and there, but to me it seems like they really just didn't even sort the grafts properly even by eye, they just implanted them however they felt in areas by the looks of it. Dr. Keser in Turkey for example doesn't use microscopes either, just loupes, but he's a pretty good surgeon and has really good results consistently. Sure he might have the odd double here and there that another surgeon who does use magnification wouldn't have, but nothing like this with 20+ in a small area. 

Btw, looking good Digi, regardless of all the issues that you have every right to be upset with, it's come along well for the most part and it looks good. Once you finish your electrolysis and maybe have a little touch up at 12 months, I think it will be perfect. 

I agree with you.

When I think about it aswell, if you look at these photos. 

The first photo is taken in Dr Yamans office, I though it looked good the idea to close the temple fully. After this we did not plan anything more, I had some blood work done, they shaved my head, we went to the operation room to start the operation. In the operation room where the second photo is taken, the final drawing was done. I did not see this drawing, I just knew he would close the temples. If you look at the second photo you see that hes well over the original plan, hes now going into my existing hair.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed photo with face
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

Normally the grafts are sorted under magnification, so the person implanting knows which ones are the singles and implants accordingly.

That might be the case, the grafts was being prepared when I had lunch. This lunch lasted for about 10-15 minutes. But it would then be weird if this was really done why so many multiple grafts were placed in one area. 

One thing would be that they ran out of singles after planting the hairline, they only extracted 524 singles. I guesstimate that the temples is about 350 grafts in each temple. So 700 grafts. But only the first rows is really crucial to have these singles so they should have been able to use the singles in the first rows in both the temples and the hairline.

• Like 1

• Administrators

There are several clinics that don’t use loupes to implant grafts. So that in itself isn’t an issue. Honestly I don’t know why this keeps getting brought up. If the clinic is separating grafts properly after extraction, it shouldn’t make a difference. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There are several clinics that don’t use loupes to implant grafts. So that in itself isn’t an issue. Honestly I don’t know why this keeps getting brought up. If the clinic is separating grafts properly after extraction, it shouldn’t make a difference. 

I think it got brought up because of all the multiples used in the hairline and temples. If it wasn't because of lack of using loupes, perhaps it was the separating process. But why.

As this thread is gaining a bit of traction, could you kindly reach out to Dr. Yaman to ask about microscopes being used and loupes for implantation etc? Just to confirm. As someone who is seriously considering surgery with him, it would be great to know and I am sure other members of the forum would appreciate the information to make an informed decision.

• Like 2

I can’t stress enough how important microscopes are. I did this trial/experiment  once with the technicians where one was using loupes or the naked eye to sort out (singles) and then those singles were checked over under the microscope. You won’t believe the number of doubles detected. Microscopes are crucial!

• Like 5

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram