Most Detailed Dr. Resul Yaman Review You Will Ever See September 2021

digi23

17 minutes ago, AVI1214 said:

Looks more natural to me. I'm sure with some more growth and regular lighting from 2ft or more away, it will look even better.

Yes its getting better and better, she is amazing really the woman who is doing the treatment, she is abit worried with removing too much so we take it in steps, she get the idea that the darkest ones should be removed but we go slow forward. 

Also a problem with this Electrolysis blend method is that you cannot target a specific area too much, it will damage the skin so when it starts to turn red you need to stop and then wait for another 2 weeks, so the process is abit lengthy but well worth it because you can precisely remove them one by one.

All the worrying that you are doing because of that "multiple hair" grafts makes no sense.

Nobody that didn't research about hair transplant would say something related to that. It wasn't going to look bad at all. You are overthinking it SOOOO much.

The idea was to not be bald not to have the most perfect hair. But if you are "happy" removing that, you do you.

(I don't care that the Dr say that 'it needed a repair', multiple hair grafts shouldn't be there naturally, but it doesn't look bad at all...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaasterK said:

All the worrying that you are doing because of that "multiple hair" grafts makes no sense.

Nobody that didn't research about hair transplant would say something related to that. It wasn't going to look bad at all. You are overthinking it SOOOO much.

The idea was to not be bald not to have the most perfect hair. But if you are "happy" removing that, you do you.

(I don't care that the Dr say that 'it needed a repair', multiple hair grafts shouldn't be there naturally, but it doesn't look bad at all...)

I agree that maybe worrying this soon might be slightly much but we don't know how we'd react in such a situation. I do think it looked pretty dark and thick in the temple. You can dismiss the issue but you don't have to live with it. We all want a natural hair transplant, although I know that perfection isn't really likely or possible, I'd expect any Dr that I paid to at least strive for it. In this case they clearly fell short. 

You can dismiss @digi23 and feel he's out of bounds seeking a repair but I think he's actually doing a service to this site by notifying potential future patients of this Dr's downfall, how to proceed and the complexity of the repair in such a case.

If the idea is just not to be bald as you say, then we wouldn't need this site. Just about any Dr can move hair around. We seek out the best Dr's for a natural result.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2022 at 2:55 PM, digi23 said:

Yes its getting better and better, she is amazing really the woman who is doing the treatment, she is abit worried with removing too much so we take it in steps, she get the idea that the darkest ones should be removed but we go slow forward. 

Also a problem with this Electrolysis blend method is that you cannot target a specific area too much, it will damage the skin so when it starts to turn red you need to stop and then wait for another 2 weeks, so the process is abit lengthy but well worth it because you can precisely remove them one by one.

I'm pleased you went with the electrolysis option. The idea of punching graft in such a prominent and delicate area is a risk I would not take.

The other benefit of a staged approach is hairs grow in phases. Punching grafts in one session may miss multi-hair graft waiting to push through.

Regarding any repairs - Make NO compromises on getting what YOU want. We all live by our decisions, you made a mistake, but you have options.

As a footnote, I'm surprised any board recommended doctor doesn't equip their staff with magnification. It doesn't matter if a tech has been with you 6 years. It is precision work. That's 6 years for their eyesight to deteriorate. While it is good, they acknowledge their failings. They should also follow up with how they intend to prevent it from happening again in the future.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MaasterK said:

You have the right to your opinion and I get your point, the problem is that you have not seen it in real life. Literally no haircut is going to hide the error in the temples. 

To be clear with you and with everyone, its just a small part in the temple where they went over my existing hair, its transplanted multiples ontop of my hair that was already there which is only singles and some fine doubles. This makes a extreme amount of grafts per cm2, say it was around 60 grafts per cm2 pre-transplant in that area, now they added 40 grafts per cm2, so 100 grafts per cm2 and mostly multiples. I think you understand why they need to be removed, because they did not need to be there in the first place.

The hope I have is to remove these and hopefully I dont even need another transplant because the density I think is starting to get better and better.

20220131_061751.jpg

20220202_185539.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JoeMan said:

I agree that maybe worrying this soon might be slightly much but we don't know how we'd react in such a situation. I do think it looked pretty dark and thick in the temple. You can dismiss the issue but you don't have to live with it. We all want a natural hair transplant, although I know that perfection isn't really likely or possible, I'd expect any Dr that I paid to at least strive for it. In this case they clearly fell short. 

You can dismiss @digi23 and feel he's out of bounds seeking a repair but I think he's actually doing a service to this site by notifying potential future patients of this Dr's downfall, how to proceed and the complexity of the repair in such a case.

If the idea is just not to be bald as you say, then we wouldn't need this site. Just about any Dr can move hair around. We seek out the best Dr's for a natural result.

Everything is how you feel about it of course, but I think you guys will get the point when you see it at the 12 month mark why I did this.

My temple hairline was something like this in the photo, its just this part downwards I want to remove some thick grafts to make a natural look. This area is now of very high density, and this area is supposed to be very thin naturally.

My hope is still that I dont need another surgery, but we will see.

image.png.953ab12a997bef0f56fc2a177ca4fc2f.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AA1989 said:

I'm pleased you went with the electrolysis option. The idea of punching graft in such a prominent and delicate area is a risk I would not take.

The other benefit of a staged approach is hairs grow in phases. Punching grafts in one session may miss multi-hair graft waiting to push through.

Regarding any repairs - Make NO compromises on getting what YOU want. We all live by our decisions, you made a mistake, but you have options.

As a footnote, I'm surprised any board recommended doctor doesn't equip their staff with magnification. It doesn't matter if a tech has been with you 6 years. It is precision work. That's 6 years for their eyesight to deteriorate. While it is good, they acknowledge their failings. They should also follow up with how they intend to prevent it from happening again in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to go through my thread. Yes I agree with you on electrolysis being the best option in my case since I have been stabilized in my loss for many many years and to remove a few hundred grafts is not the end of the world hopefully. My family history is good with hairloss aswell. 

The good thing with electrolysis that many dont know I think is if the follicle is not dying, it will become more minituarized after. I have seen some had thick 4 hair grafts that turns into a single, then you do another session its totally gone. This means the ones who does not die will be less noticeable and melt into my existing hair. 

Indeed, everyone who is serious is doing all the work with magnification, you can see on their Instagram aswell when they are implanting that they are not using anything like that. 

4 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Everything is how you feel about it of course, but I think you guys will get the point when you see it at the 12 month mark why I did this.

I think that I'd likely be doing something similar so if my message implied otherwise I apologize. I like this approach you've taken. Likely can't hurt much to try other than removing too many but your Dr seems to be taking it slowly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I think that I'd likely be doing something similar so if my message implied otherwise I apologize. I like this approach you've taken. Likely can't hurt much to try other than removing too many but your Dr seems to be taking it slowly. 

No no, I just meant that, like you said its me who needs to see this everyday in the mirror, and I dont like the temple to be that thick and not be able to wear my hair as I prefer with a fade cut. :) 

On 9/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, digi23 said:

So I will go through the process and tell you everything. 

Step 1: Got picked up at the airport by the nicest driver, very friendly guy. 

Step 2: He drove me to the hotel, I arrived late so blood work was done the day of the transplant instead of the usual the day before.

Step 3: Got into the hotel, a very nice 5 star hotel with room service which was very useful after the transplant and everything you need basically. 

Step 4: Got breakfast which was really nice one at the hotel, the driver was there to pick me up by the door outside, this was another driver, also very friendly guy. He drove me to the clinic.

Step 5: Clinc & the transplantation, so I arrived at the clinic and got to meet the Dr, the girl in the reception and Fikret which I had been in touch with planning the transplant. 

Step 6: The Dr did some checks on my hair, he was using some instrument which could see the follicles and their health. So as I previously said I have not been losing any hair for the past 7 years, he checked the donor area and said it was excellent, the top of my head he said was in good health and that I should not lose anymore hair there as it looks for now. He then measured my hair to be 0,45mm thick which is between thin and medium hair thickness. Thick enough for a good result he said, because they were going to make it very dense. Also I was asking what density my native hair had in the donor and he measured it to be about 65 grafts/cm2. So then he drew a temporary hairline which I agreed looked good, I did not want any unnatural hairline very low, I told him I want maximum density and we agreed. He calculated by measuring the empty spots for it to be 2475 grafts. Also for the grafts/cm2 for the transplanted hair it was said its going to be a little bit lower than my native hair, I think he said about 45 grafts/cm2 but with longer hair you should not notice because of "illusion of density".

Step 7: Proceeeding to get my blood work done by a cute girl who did possibly the best blood test I have ever done, she inserted the needle on the outer part of the arm instead of the usual innerside. Worked excellent, I hate blood work to be honest so this was great. The receptionist at the clinic was following me through these steps and she spoke very good english and was funny. 

Step 8: Draw the real hairline, which was done pretty fast since Dr Resul Yaman had before done a temporary line, he just made it more "perfect" the drawing on the skin and so he knows where to put the inicisions. 

Step 9: Local anestesia, so first Resul did some stapling which was "needle free" which to me hurt just as bad and I felt it was pretty bad also, it did not get very numb, then they did the real anestesia with needle and this was very painful, but as I am very afraid of needles and hate it it worked out pretty well anyways.

Step 10: Incisions, Dr Resul Yaman started to do the incisions and it felt nothing, just some weird noise in the skin. He also did some PRP.

Step 11: Extraction, the tech of Mohamed Yaman did almost all extractions with micromotor 0.8mm he said he used. He was very friendly and wanted to talk although he did not speak the greatest english we understood eachother perfectly fine. About when maybe 80% was done, Ufuk Yaman entered aswell and help him to pick up the hairs with some sort of tool. When they did maybe 50% themselves the other tech team which was going to do the implantation did come in and took over removing the grafts with the tool. This was pretty quick once they were punched out and I think up to 3 persons was working on my head.

Step 12: Lunch, so I got some lunch which was really good, some chicken with rice and some sweet stuff that was supposed to be good to get my blood sugar up.

Step 13: Implantation, they started again by giving me anestesia which was very unpleasant but pretty quickly until it was all numb again. Then they started to do the implantation, 2 techs, 1 guy and 1 girl, also another girl was in the room looking/helping the techs. She also gave me some serum which was supposed to be pain killer and antiseptic they gave me in the arm. During the implantation I felt nothing, it took pretty long time but its a very important step of course and they were good with me. 

Step 14: Extraction of another 150 grafts. So in the end of implantation they told me they needed some more grafts as they thought they could get some more grafts in there to get a even denser look as that was the point of it all. At this point I was really tired to I had to lay face down again and it felt like it took forever even though it probably took maybe 10-15 minutes and I am pretty sure it was done by the tech guy, not Ufuk or Mohamed Yaman.

Step 15: Another round of implantation with the newly extracted grafts. I dont really know if the incisions were made for these new grafts by the techs or if they counted wrong the first time around, maybe they did new holes for these they did not tell me alot. They just show me some spots that could be denser and they wanted to put more grafts. They were supposed to take 2475 grafts but they said they need 150 more so 2475+150 should be 2625, when I counted each micromotor punch from the "another 150 grafts needed" I got it to be just over 200. Total amount said on paper was 2550 grafts.

Step 16: I was cleaned abit and they check everything how it looks. Then they applied some antiseptic in the donor area and put bandage over, usually if they dont do temple work you are getting a headband.

Step 17: Back to the clinic in the morning after the procedure to get cleaned again and they remove the bandage on the back of my head. They put some more antiseptic on the back of my head. I was given some multivitamins and some more guidance about detailed post procedure routines as Fikret already told me everything the day before and you also get a paper with all the details you need to know. 

Dr involvement for me was pretty good, Dr Yaman was after he did the incisions, he was there basically once every hour or so and he was very professional and I felt safe the whole procedure with him coming in once in a while as always he was very respectful saying the right things. The only thing I think he left earlier before my operation was finished because he was in for a last time to examine when about 90% was done, then when we were done maybe 1 hour after the last check and went out he was not there and he did not come in in the end to examine. 

Something worth mentioning is that I think the team is very professional especially Dr Yaman, Fikret and Ufuk Yaman & Mohamed Yaman which did the extraction. The girl in the reception is very friendly and likes to speak to the customers. I felt like the tech team who did implantation was a little more just get it done type, the girl who did implantation was nice but the guy like push my head a couple times pretty hard when I was all tired and just tried to lay as good as possible, I think his name was Öguz but I do not remember last name as it was written on his shirt. 

Another thing is that usually in my country when you do something the Dr/Nurse is always telling you what is happening, they did not tell me anything while they just started all the phases, would be good if they could maybe tell you now we start with anestesia, now we start with extraction,  just a little bit left and you are good. Dr Yaman however did this, he told me as he was about to go into the next step. But maybe this is just because they are afraid to speak english, the only one with really good english is the receptionist and Fikret.

A little bible but this is pretty much the whole process.

Often coming back to this post for reference, so thanks.

I did want to know about carrying a lot of money on you to pay, as I found out that you must pay cash. Any tips on traveling safe with cash? Also what was the total in the currency you chose, if you don't mind me asking?

• 2 weeks later...

It is starting to look more and more natural. Now I have done some more sessions. 

You can now see my existing hair for what was only transplanted hair ontop in the lower temples 🙂

20220307_142542.jpg

20220307_150202.jpg

Edited by digi23
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Looking good 👍🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have not posted in a bit how it is going, I have just been crying in this thread for the past months. Jokes aside, it has been annoying process but the temples is getting much cleaner now after the electrolysis. My case is fixable, compared to some who got their donor area destroyed at some hair mill, but annoying and a waste of precious grafts(we have removed about 200-220 grafts total, majority triples and quadruples). 

So this is my 6 month update. 

So what is my impressions so far? 

As for now I am pretty ok with the density for the front and front sides. You can see a clear difference in the higher temple areas, specially on one of the sides as you can clearly see in the photos. I wish for more density there, we will see if there is going to be anymore growth or if its done here and just going to thicken up. I think if this will be the end result I would go for a small amount say 500-800 grafts for extra density with another Dr.

Please tell me your thoughts. :)

20220308_225459.jpg

20220308_225502.jpg

20220308_225516.jpg

20220308_225505.jpg

20220308_225510.jpg

20220308_230130.jpg

20220308_230127.jpg

20220308_230124.jpg

20220308_230141.jpg

20220308_230144.jpg

20220308_230606.jpg

image.thumb.png.c5131d3c533b3e020704cc782b5e1815.png

Edited by digi23

Again, I wish you could take some a bit further away but I think it's looking very good. I see how the electrolysis has helped.  I mean, you still have lots of growth to go right? This is only 6 months.  

1 hour ago, SGT said:

Again, I wish you could take some a bit further away but I think it's looking very good. I see how the electrolysis has helped.  I mean, you still have lots of growth to go right? This is only 6 months.  

I will take some photos with wax and styled from a little bit further away. Just need to let it grow for some more days so it blends better. 

I always need to cut it very short when doing electrolysis and this is unstyled just straight from the shower.

Hopefully there will be more growth, I still see new hairs sprouting when taking closeups. 😊

Screenshot_20220309-161852_Gallery.jpg

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 5:42 PM, BboyLimpin said:

Often coming back to this post for reference, so thanks.

I did want to know about carrying a lot of money on you to pay, as I found out that you must pay cash. Any tips on traveling safe with cash? Also what was the total in the currency you chose, if you don't mind me asking?

I did bring cash, 2350 euros, which I did exchange in my native country. 

I made two GIF files aswell, you can see the empty patch in the upper temple at 6 months and the terrible looking temple points.

Still this is after about 200 grafts have been removed in 4 laser sessions. It looks MUCH better than it did a couple of weeks ago.

In my hairline I have some 20-30 doubles and a couple multiples. 

ezgif-2-e0ee3271ee.gif

ezgif-2-2346970c44.gif

Edited by digi23

On 3/11/2022 at 2:28 PM, digi23 said:

I made two GIF files aswell, you can see the empty patch in the upper temple at 6 months and the terrible looking temple points.

Still this is after about 200 grafts have been removed in 4 laser sessions. It looks MUCH better than it did a couple of weeks ago.

In my hairline I have some 20-30 doubles and a couple multiples. 

Please choose your Dr wisely. 

When you say 20 - 30 doubles in your hairline, is that more among the temporal area or all along the frontal forehead? It is hard to tell.

You do get occasionally doubles but usually a couple of millimetres back from the very front. Or so I was led to believe from research.

So you think you'll need singles to soften the frontal area?

On 3/11/2022 at 2:28 PM, digi23 said:

5 hours ago, BboyLimpin said:

When you say 20 - 30 doubles in your hairline, is that more among the temporal area or all along the frontal forehead? It is hard to tell.

You do get occasionally doubles but usually a couple of millimetres back from the very front. Or so I was led to believe from research.

So you think you'll need singles to soften the frontal area?

Yeah but you dont get occassionally 300 multiples in the temples and 30 doubles and multiples in the front hairline. 

The 'low" number of 30 I am talking about is in the hairline, not the temples. All front grafts in the temples is also doubles or multiples. Some are 4s in the temple front row.

I assume they used all singles behind the front row, thats why the density is bad. 

I am going to have a new surgery at 12 months, need to cleanup the temples before and redo them. 

On 3/13/2022 at 10:11 PM, digi23 said:

Yeah but you dont get occassionally 300 multiples in the temples and 30 doubles and multiples in the front hairline. 

The 'low" number of 30 I am talking about is in the hairline, not the temples. All front grafts in the temples is also doubles or multiples. Some are 4s in the temple front row.

I assume they used all singles behind the front row, thats why the density is bad. 

I am going to have a new surgery at 12 months, need to cleanup the temples before and redo them. 

Was the need for a lot of singles and doubles discussed with you in the consultation? Did the say the could split multiples into singles etc?

The buck ultimately stops with the doctor but do you think the techs were ill informed of how temples and hairlines should be done?

Very interesting thread. Hop things improve somewhat for you.

53 minutes ago, BboyLimpin said:

Was the need for a lot of singles and doubles discussed with you in the consultation? Did the say the could split multiples into singles etc?

The buck ultimately stops with the doctor but do you think the techs were ill informed of how temples and hairlines should be done?

Very interesting thread. Hop things improve somewhat for you.

This is just pure speculation, but I find it hard to believe it is in any other way when I look at certain spots, I feel they just place the grafts wherever a incision has been made.

The reason I believe this is because in the middle part of the hairline, there are say maybe 50-100 singles, only singles in the exact same spot of approx 2-3cm, which makes it extremely low density in that area and then in the temples and hairline where those singles is supposed to be, all double and multiple grafts have been placed. It just doesnt make sense.

I have in one corner aswell, about 6 multigrafts sitting closely together, also this does not make sense at all. 

20220316_140431.jpg

Edited by digi23

1 hour ago, digi23 said:

This is just pure speculation, but I find it hard to believe it is in any other way when I look at certain spots, I feel they just place the grafts wherever a incision has been made.

The reason I believe this is because in the middle part of the hairline, there are say maybe 50-100 singles, only singles in the exact same spot of approx 2-3cm, which makes it extremely low density in that area and then in the temples and hairline where those singles is supposed to be, all double and multiple grafts have been placed. It just doesnt make sense.

I have in one corner aswell, about 6 multigrafts sitting closely together, also this does not make sense at all. 

20220316_140431.jpg

This is strange, as I have seem some really good work overall by Yaman. 

Without going back and reading, I think you said microscopes were used during preparation of grafts but  magnification at implant stage was not? 

How was the consultation phase? 

55 minutes ago, Egy said:

This happens when microscopes are not used in a clinic to divide single grafts from multiple ones, usually in hair mills.

aren't microscopes a baseline standard these days? Kind of surprised to hear of any decently-rated doc not using microscopes

• Like 1