Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

33 minutes ago, lunch_owl said:

Well,  there is only one thing left for you to do; set up a tent outside the entrance of his clinic and patiently wait until he arrives for work 🤣

When you hear his car pull up you will be shouting "is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Its... superzarev!"

Hahaha, Zarev is just busy so he most likely stopped any consultations until early 2023. I heard he only works a few days a week, since the high graft works can get exhausting.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 3:55 PM, Vann said:

I doubt it. Anyone that good is definitely few and perhaps very underspoken at times. But the ones that we do know of are highly sought for and for very good reason.

Edited by Iceee222

1 hour ago, Corbyn said:

Did you do your HT with Dr Zarev in the end?

Did you consider Thailand clinics by any chance?

Yes, it's very expensive.

Did you go to him in the end for your HT?

Did you go to him in the end for your HT?

It's very costly. 

You only posted once and you have since disappeared. Whatever happened to you?

Did you do your HT with Dr Zarev in the end?

My surgery is scheduled for January. Waiting an extra 18 months to go with him instead of my second choice will hopefully be worth it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Corbyn said:

haha. i totally agree with you. Btw how much did your HT cost with Dr Zarev? I've gone through all 20 pages of this thread but I don't see a link to his IG etc. thanks.

Instagram is https://instagram.com/drzarev?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Dr Zarev charges 4euro per graft as is also stated on his website. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 5:33 PM, bigtyivier2k2 said:

Anyway you can help get in contact with him? Maybe if he knows a few members of this forum are interested in contacting him he would be more accessible? As a forum like this would expand his business 

Business (surgery) wise he's booked up to 2024 and I think we are talking mid 2024 and consultation time mid 2023. 

Right now unfortunately the normal channels of contacts is the only way, website or calling office directly, all info on website. 

I was hoping he would have hired an English speaking patient coordinator to go through his backlog by now but that's delayed. 

Edited by HugoX

27 minutes ago, baldynomore said:

Would love to be able to get ahold of him. Used his website contact form 8 weeks ago and nothing. Same with Mwamba actually. These are the only 2 guys I'd go to for a HT

If you can’t get a hold of them  like everyone else then the other options are to wait u til next year when I’m guessing consultation bookings open up, or just move onto another surgeon.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:19 PM, HugoX said:

Instagram is https://instagram.com/drzarev?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Dr Zarev charges 4euro per graft as is also stated on his website. 

On his website it's 5€ per graft.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:29 PM, HugoX said:

Business (surgery) wise he's booked up to 2024 and I think we are talking mid 2024 and consultation time mid 2023. 

Right now unfortunately the normal channels of contacts is the only way, website or calling office directly, all info on website. 

I was hoping he would have hired an English speaking patient coordinator to go through his backlog by now but that's delayed. 

I contacted his clinic yesterday via Whatsapp.

First available date for *consultation* 9th August 2024, not 2023. This the info I got.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harry2 said:

First available date for *consultation* 9th August 2024, not 2023. This the info I got.

Yes, that is expected. He gets hundreds of e-mails per day, unfortunately it is not that chooses to ignore patients, it is just simply overwhelming. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Harry2 said:

OK, then he has changed price and bookings filled up, good that you could get through and get information atleast. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, this will the last picture update (for now), I have reached 1 year after second procedure, first one I did in January 2021, 7070 grafts and then another 3613 in October 2021,total grafts of 10 683. 

Norwood 6 to norwood bye 👋🏻 😅, Dr Zarev is simply amazing and I am so glad I found him. 

(Where I started and where I finished) 

20221017220907632.jpeg

1617380536364.jpg

1617380757521.jpg

1617380712540.jpg

1617380615000.jpg

20221017213030463.jpeg

20221017213435741.jpeg

20221017213755829.jpeg

20221017213912606.jpeg

20221017214010673.jpeg

20221017214104420.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

@HugoXDo you have any candid photos of yourself, just how it looks in a day to day setting/lighting?

I'm not a selfie or take pictures for social media type of guy, these pictures that I take once a month is a record for me in amount of pictures taken of me so I really don't have many pictures. 

Found one from when I was in Greece this summer outside and one from maybe 2 months ago from office that have harsh lighting. 

20221018061337241.jpeg

20221018062343493.jpeg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Insane. Do you have photos of your hair around the ear regions prior to procedure? Your back donor was excellent I am curious what lower on ears looked like. Still probably one of the greatest cases ever! Congrats 

Thanks, Dr Zarev sent all the pictures before first procedure but I deleted them after a while as there were so many and I changed phones in between, I will try and see if I have any on my cloud storages. 

1 hour ago, HugoX said:

Thanks, Dr Zarev sent all the pictures before first procedure but I deleted them after a while as there were so many and I changed phones in between, I will try and see if I have any on my cloud storages. 

That’s fine. I’d probably have deleted them too to save space in my phone. Based off your donor I can assume the hair around the ears was also great! Regardless your case is one of a kind. Hope life and everything is going well also!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hairman22 said:

@HugoX

Do you know does Zarev work on temporal peaks? Not seen any cases with him doing those

Also does he use beard or body hair much?

I know he works with beard, and of course temporal peaks, we discussed mine, I was fine with how I have it but he showed me several cases. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 10/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, HugoX said:

Have any of you guys done a DNA test? I did one from 23&me with a health report, got some interesting info about my hair also. 

Screenshot_20221011-190752_23andMe.jpg

Screenshot_20221025_195010.jpg

Screenshot_20221025_195117.jpg

Screenshot_20221025_195202.jpg

Just shows how flawed these tests are 61% chance you won’t have a bald spot, meanwhile you’re a full Norwood 6. They got the hair thickness wrong too.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/4/2021 at 1:20 AM, HugoX said:

From our initial conversations over email after he had seen my good quality picutres we decided on 6000 grafts, I had thought that we could place the 6000 grafts at the front and middle of the scalp as I prefer to see that I get a good front and middle part for framing the face, I was ok with if it is bald around the crown, but Dr. Zarev explained that it is not a good idea as so many grafts placed on that small area would affect the blood supply to the hair follicles and thus affect the survival% of the grafts. It is better to distribute them in a homogeneous way over the whole head where I have lost (which is all since I am Norwood 6-7).

Hi @HugoX, congratulations on your outcome. I really liked what Dr. Zarev did and how he managed to turn you from NW6/7 to Non NW. I have been trying to get in communication with him but never really got any reply either both whatsapp and email. I have two questions from you and I hope you could help me with these questions.

1. How did you get a consultation with him? 

2. You mentioned above that you wanted 6k grafts on your front and mid scalp but he preferred for it to be homogeneous, how did he divide the 6k grafts? Did he put 2k in front, 2k in mid scalp and 2k in crown? 

I appreciate your reply.