Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

On 5/4/2021 at 1:20 AM, HugoX said:

From our initial conversations over email after he had seen my good quality picutres we decided on 6000 grafts, I had thought that we could place the 6000 grafts at the front and middle of the scalp as I prefer to see that I get a good front and middle part for framing the face, I was ok with if it is bald around the crown, but Dr. Zarev explained that it is not a good idea as so many grafts placed on that small area would affect the blood supply to the hair follicles and thus affect the survival% of the grafts. It is better to distribute them in a homogeneous way over the whole head where I have lost (which is all since I am Norwood 6-7).

Hi @HugoX, congratulations on your outcome. I really liked what Dr. Zarev did and how he managed to turn you from NW6/7 to Non NW. I have been trying to get in communication with him but never really got any reply either both whatsapp and email. I have two questions from you and I hope you could help me with these questions.

1. How did you get a consultation with him? 

2. You mentioned above that you wanted 6k grafts on your front and mid scalp but he preferred for it to be homogeneous, how did he divide the 6k grafts? Did he put 2k in front, 2k in mid scalp and 2k in crown? 

I appreciate your reply.

On 5/4/2021 at 1:20 AM, HugoX said:

23 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Just shows how flawed these tests are 61% chance you won’t have a bald spot, meanwhile you’re a full Norwood 6. They got the hair thickness wrong too.

But I got to say, it got a lot of things right also, (not hair related) , like that I should prefer dark chocolate vs milk chocolate, love dark, not much milk chocolate. And there is a a bunch of other stuff that it gets right,well it was interesting anyway. 

18 hours ago, uu777 said:

Hi @HugoX, congratulations on your outcome. I really liked what Dr. Zarev did and how he managed to turn you from NW6/7 to Non NW. I have been trying to get in communication with him but never really got any reply either both whatsapp and email. I have two questions from you and I hope you could help me with these questions.

1. How did you get a consultation with him? 

2. You mentioned above that you wanted 6k grafts on your front and mid scalp but he preferred for it to be homogeneous, how did he divide the 6k grafts? Did he put 2k in front, 2k in mid scalp and 2k in crown? 

I appreciate your reply.

I was probably lucky and managed to email Dr Zarev at a perfect time, I just filled in the inquiry form at his website and got a reply pretty fast. If you have tried WhatsApp (didn't know it was available) and email and still not getting any reply unfortunately not much to do, maybe try calling his office, might get lucky. 

For your second question, I can't say for sure how exactly it was divided, Dr Zarev had made an exact and thorough plan before surgery and placement varied from approximately 25 grafts/cm2 to 35 grafts/cm. And he did 7070 grafts the first time, not 6k (while extracting he could see that he could get more and he saw good reaction from my skin/scalp).

5 hours ago, HugoX said:

I was probably lucky and managed to email Dr Zarev at a perfect time, I just filled in the inquiry form at his website and got a reply pretty fast. If you have tried WhatsApp (didn't know it was available) and email and still not getting any reply unfortunately not much to do, maybe try calling his office, might get lucky. 

For your second question, I can't say for sure how exactly it was divided, Dr Zarev had made an exact and thorough plan before surgery and placement varied from approximately 25 grafts/cm2 to 35 grafts/cm. And he did 7070 grafts the first time, not 6k (while extracting he could see that he could get more and he saw good reaction from my skin/scalp).

Thank you @HugoX. I like his approach of distributing the grafts evenly over your head. Most of the doctors I have inquired would suggest front and mid scalp only then come back for a second session in 8 or so months to do the crown. You have a good surgeon and results too. You look great with a full set of crown, congrats! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HugoX said:

Are you saying the density at your hairline for the first surgery was designed at 35 grafts/cm? If so, that is very good growth you achieved

9 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Are you saying the density at your hairline for the first surgery was designed at 35 grafts/cm? If so, that is very good growth you achieved

Hairline obviously would have the higher cm/grafts, not the front front as those are single grafts but not more than 40 grafts/cm 2, this picture after the first procedure, around 10 days post op after scabs fell off shows a better view of the spread. 

20210116_095441.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HugoX said:

Hairline obviously would have the higher cm/grafts, not the front front as those are single grafts but not more than 40 grafts/cm 2, this picture after the first procedure, around 10 days post op after scabs fell off shows a better view of the spread. 

20210116_095441.jpg

this looks beautiful man. Absolutely mind blown you had this much chilling in your donor.

• Haha 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

13 minutes ago, HugoX said:

20210116_095441.jpg

That's a super clean look that you could use if you wanted to have a buzz too

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, tressful11 said:

Stellar result. Sadly, it looks like Dr. Zarev is extremely busy. I reached out to his clinic via WhatsApp and the first available appointment for consultation (not even Hair transplant) is December 2024 which is basically 2025. 

it’s a tough pill to swallow.. this is why a lot of people end up at hair mills because people get desperate about their hair situation and the hair mills can get you booked in for a HT yesterday lol 🙈🙈

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gimmemyhair said:

Hi Hugo,

Congrats on the HT's, they look incredible.

What does it (or would it) look like if you go clean shaven? Can you see the scars from the FUE? What about buzz cut, like a number 3 or 4? 

Thanks

Does a buzz cut look natural, or is it obviously a HT?

On 10/28/2022 at 1:38 PM, HugoX said:

20210116_095441.jpg

Oh, one more question: do you think it would be possible to have a transplant with Dr Zarev and not take finasteride or minoxidil? Or take it for a year after the HT and then stop? 

3 hours ago, Gimmemyhair said:

Oh, one more question: do you think it would be possible to have a transplant with Dr Zarev and not take finasteride or minoxidil? Or take it for a year after the HT and then stop? 

Yes, he actually does not advertise the use of finasteride. He does recommend minoxidil. 

17 hours ago, Gimmemyhair said:

Hi Hugo,

Congrats on the HT's, they look incredible.

What does it (or would it) look like if you go clean shaven? Can you see the scars from the FUE? What about buzz cut, like a number 3 or 4? 

Thanks

I have many pictures where you can see my donor where I have basically 0,but I haven't tried buzz cut on recipient so I can say how it looks, obviously there are no scars at recipient or donor, just thinned out donor. No damage to be seen. 

Edited by HugoX
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HugoX said:

I have many pictures where you can see my donor where I have basically 0,but I haven't tried buzz cut on recipient so I can say how it looks, obviously there are no scars at recipient or donor, just thinned out donor. No damage to be seen. 

Thanks man 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hugo do you take finasteride? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hugo do you take finasteride? 

Not oral, I take minoxidil with 0.1% finasteride, how much that is equivalent to taking normal finasteride I don't know. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/14/2022 at 8:17 AM, Big Rome said:

it’s a tough pill to swallow.. this is why a lot of people end up at hair mills because people get desperate about their hair situation and the hair mills can get you booked in for a HT yesterday lol 🙈🙈

The last part of your comment made me laugh about able to book in for a HT yesterday 😆

Its funny only because its true. Sadly this is the reality though, good surgeons are booked for years that mediocre surgeons take advantage of unknowledgeable or impatient patients. 

I am glad I found this forum and thankful to the moderators like @Melvin- Moderatorfor keeping this site updated and fair to arm the follicly challenged people with the right knowledge and guidance in what to do and to choose the right doctors. Im also thankful to the people who posts their results like @HugoXto give guidance and advice to people who are in the fence or plan to have a HT.

One thing I have learned from reading on this forum that seems to be the consensus and the advise that is being kept repeated is "To choose the best surgeon for your case, wait and save while waiting." 

HT is a game of patience and Good things come to those who wait.

Edited by uu777
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, uu777 said:

The last part of your comment made me laugh about able to book in for a HT yesterday 😆

Its funny only because its true. Sadly this is the reality though, good surgeons are booked for years that mediocre surgeons take advantage of unknowledgeable or impatient patients. 

I am glad I found this forum and thankful to the moderators like @Melvin- Moderatorfor keeping this site updated and fair to arm the follicly challenged people with the right knowledge and guidance in what to do and to choose the right doctors. Im also thankful to the people who posts their results like @HugoXto give guidance and advice to people who are in the fence or plan to have a HT.

One thing I have learned from reading on this forum that seems to be the consensus and the advise that is being kept repeated is "To choose the best surgeon for your case, wait and save while waiting." 

HT is a game of patience and Good things come to those who wait.

very well said 👏🏻👏🏻💯💯

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think we need to induct @HugoX into the forum’s hall of fame. Like if you agree.

• Like 10

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.